PDA

View Full Version : Forum Error

Nemmy
10th December 2004, 09:31 PM
Okay, I often visit a website called WDWMagic, and access their forums at http://forums.wdwmagic.com. I use Firefox browser. Their forms are the same style as these, but for some reason, whenever I access with Firefox, I get an error message and Firefox closes. What's up with that?

Phyrus
10th December 2004, 09:38 PM
maybe features on the forum firefox cant handle or is not compatible with it. try getting in contact with the admin of that forum and ask is on the site that FF cant handle or whatever.

in the meantime, use Internet Explorer (only use as last resort)

Nemmy
10th December 2004, 09:41 PM
Problem with IE is, there's a bunch of adware on it (whenever I run Adaware, my CPU freezes up permanently until I unplug the CPU), and I get about 3 popups per page, not to mention other annoying, random ads.

Phyrus
10th December 2004, 10:38 PM
Problem with IE is, there's a bunch of adware on it (whenever I run Adaware, my CPU freezes up permanently until I unplug the CPU), and I get about 3 popups per page, not to mention other annoying, random ads.

check for spy/malware on your comp.

EmceeMaster
10th December 2004, 11:04 PM

try running AdAware in safe mode

also, without being connected to the internet (and yes, it is possible even if you have ASDL which is constantly connected - just turn on your computer without the cable being plugged into your pc)
try opening an IE browser window and going to TOOLS, and the MANAGE ADD-ONS
(the above is assuming you've got XP with SP2 installed)

Nemmy
11th December 2004, 08:04 AM
check for spy/malware on your comp.
I did that. Nothing comes up except for an unremovable "DSO Exploit", which I have reason to believe comes with Spybot. What an oxymoron.