PDA

View Full Version : "News" from Today

Screwdriver_LaCN
19th September 2008, 12:06 PM
So this is the latest new at KoC home page:
September 19, 2008
Changed the scheduling of turn-based gold and ranking slightly - TBG should now be delivered without issues.

So TBG should now be delivered with MORE issues or will be delivered later?? :D For today I saw 5 TBG misses or delays!!!!

Lily
19th September 2008, 12:15 PM
Moved to KoC.

Screwdriver_LaCN
19th September 2008, 01:38 PM
When 23 mins left to the turn then we receive the TBG.

c0bra
19th September 2008, 02:35 PM
50% of TBG missing now; nice fix :banana2:

Shane-
19th September 2008, 03:44 PM
Got to say, I've got ALL my tbg so far, Its been coming at xx:06 and xx:36, But the minute it comes don't make a difference to me, At longs i get it

Shane

Gem-
19th September 2008, 04:06 PM
As far as I know, only one turn may have been missed today and it might have happened on a rank update. Apparently that one still needs a bit of work.

HoMiCiD3
19th September 2008, 07:59 PM
So this is the latest new at KoC home page:
September 19, 2008
Changed the scheduling of turn-based gold and ranking slightly - TBG should now be delivered without issues.

So TBG should now be delivered with MORE issues or will be delivered later?? :D For today I saw 5 TBG misses or delays!!!!
l2read? this has been posted already

50% of TBG missing now; nice fix :banana2:
pretty sure i got all my turns just 6 minutes later each time

As far as I know, only one turn may have been missed today and it might have happened on a rank update. Apparently that one still needs a bit of work.
i didn't notice losing any but i did get an extra one when it was changed.

Conpmana
20th September 2008, 10:02 PM
I missed two tbg today as I was watching Donals gold:)

the_hitman_9
21st September 2008, 04:48 AM
I missed two tbg today as I was watching Donals gold:)

That should teach you not to watch donal's gold :ninja2:

donal
21st September 2008, 10:20 AM
Conp, you know you can't see my gold :P

jog1
21st September 2008, 02:42 PM
I've lost at least 1 turn today.

HoMiCiD3
21st September 2008, 09:53 PM
well its an improvement on 2-3 a day and sometimes 4+

boriszima
25th September 2008, 12:02 AM
no gold this turn for me. seriously, this is weird.

Conpmana
29th September 2008, 02:09 PM
Conp, you know you can't see my gold :P

I can watch, I like to watch and you don't even know it:)

Son_Of_Sam
15th October 2008, 05:49 AM
Sigh...I've given up on the TBG issue.. posted and answered many threads on it but still it goes on.. gues they'll fix it next Age.. (fingers crossed)

vanit4s
16th October 2008, 10:43 AM
at least 4 - 5 turns missing during last 10 hours :banghead:
bad time for slaying..

jog1
16th October 2008, 11:21 AM
at least 4 - 5 turns missing during last 10 hours :banghead:
bad time for slaying..

last 3 turns were missing.

4 out of the last 5 turns missing now. never seen so many missing turns.

richardbajor
18th October 2008, 03:37 PM
Is it just me then because no-one seems to be whingeing about the ridiculously slow servers. Seem to freeze on me for a couple of minutes in every 10???

The worst I've known KOC reliability even back in the days when they kept going down every couple of days. Maybe no-one's playing serious this age to care?

HoMiCiD3
18th October 2008, 06:18 PM
Is it just me then because no-one seems to be whingeing about the ridiculously slow servers. Seem to freeze on me for a couple of minutes in every 10???

The worst I've known KOC reliability even back in the days when they kept going down every couple of days. Maybe no-one's playing serious this age to care?

i've noticed that on roc maybe you are confusing the 2, easy to do since one is a rip of the other :P

boriszima
17th November 2008, 12:35 AM
November 16, 2008
A rule clarification: Scripts that make gameplay decisions are not in the spirit of the game, are considered automated processes, and are illegal. Players currently using such scripts have five days to cease before we begin taking disciplinary action.

What kind of tools are they talking about? auto logins? "gameplay decisions" ? like to see if its worth attacking for gold?

c0bra
17th November 2008, 12:53 AM
it s about shanes sab script which automatically provided the names of the targets, the only thing the players had to do was typing the chaptka.

DikInABox
17th November 2008, 03:02 AM
better start banning the game itself, it fills in the armory prefixes so all we have 2 do is type in the captha. that isn't fair.

Pinturicchio
17th November 2008, 05:02 AM
it s about shanes sab script which automatically provided the names of the targets, the only thing the players had to do was typing the chaptka.

who said it was shanes script?..

xAre
17th November 2008, 09:29 AM
who said it was shanes script?..

If theres some illegal script theres like an 80% chance that Shane made it.

Reno
17th November 2008, 09:54 AM
Trust whoever to made this rule to be completely subjective. How will a mod/admin be able to prove if person X is using a script? I myself am ambidextrous and am able to do massive amounts of sabbing in a small amount of time. That and if Greasemonkey were to be banned as a result of this how will an mod/admin try to guess who is and who is not using it?

Imaginary
17th November 2008, 10:20 AM
is they go based on how fast they sab, just slow down the pace a little bit and your be fine, since I dont see any other way of finding out. This sounds alot like when the lacn clicker was found "ilegal" and suspended some lacn accounts so they be forced to change it, since there was little to no way of knowing who was using it.

Reno
17th November 2008, 12:00 PM
Yeah, it was not just the LaCN recruiter if I remember correctly.
It is hard to slow down the sabbing when you have hundreds of targets and little time. :P

Conpmana
17th November 2008, 03:06 PM
Shane didn't make the sab script, I made it as I am the uber coder

DikInABox
17th November 2008, 06:35 PM
dont take the full credit, we all know the kw really made it, and is willing to be banned as a consequence

HoMiCiD3
17th November 2008, 07:33 PM
Trust whoever to made this rule to be completely subjective. How will a mod/admin be able to prove if person X is using a script? I myself am ambidextrous and am able to do massive amounts of sabbing in a small amount of time. That and if Greasemonkey were to be banned as a result of this how will an mod/admin try to guess who is and who is not using it?
it's not the fast sabbing that is the issue, its the sabbing and reconning of inactive accounts, which came from an automated process within the sab script which automatically loaded names from our sab list.

Shane didn't make the sab script, I made it as I am the uber coder
Shane didn't make the script, niels made it and shane added something to it to load our sab list.

Wings
18th November 2008, 10:10 AM
1. You all just envy us, coz we have a cool script making our KoC lives so much easier.
2. If you were offered this, would you not use it too?
3. Its completely legal, not going against any rules whatsoever.

Oh yeah, !@#%&#$%(!&$#(&*#$%

I'm losing valuable attack turns with the stupid TBG misses. Attack turns every 3 hours, and TBG not coming. COMPENSATION?

blackness
18th November 2008, 05:41 PM
This rule is way to not clear. I mean yeah some are saying shanes stuff but even by that rule does that include other programs like IRIS as well. It needs to be a bit more clear because I honestly don't know what they mean exactly. What about html auto logins is that concidered a script :). We need more from that admins then just this 2 line rule with no clarification.

Then again go figure they would come out of no where post up some stuff and not be specific. Not like I am surprised concidering they never actually update their own stuff hell look at this:

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/help.php#

This cracks me up:

What happened to all my stuff?
Age 6 has begun - your weaponry and army size have been reset, as have everyone else's. Now is the time to rebuild and prove yourself better than those around you!

I mean come on! Its age 10 and they have not updated that since age 6!

ThomasA
18th November 2008, 07:34 PM
The have added the morale stuff to it.

MFnBonsai
18th November 2008, 08:35 PM
This rule is way to not clear. I mean yeah some are saying shanes stuff but even by that rule does that include other programs like IRIS as well. It needs to be a bit more clear because I honestly don't know what they mean exactly. What about html auto logins is that concidered a script :). We need more from that admins then just this 2 line rule with no clarification.

Then again go figure they would come out of no where post up some stuff and not be specific. Not like I am surprised concidering they never actually update their own stuff hell look at this:

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/help.php#

This cracks me up:

What happened to all my stuff?
Age 6 has begun - your weaponry and army size have been reset, as have everyone else's. Now is the time to rebuild and prove yourself better than those around you!

I mean come on! Its age 10 and they have not updated that since age 6!

Once I receive full clarification on what is allowed and what isnt I will post it here.

As it stands Shane edited the RF sabb tool to fetch the next target automatically from his server from what I understand.

The admins do not want anything automated that stops it from being the user playing instead of a program.... although you still had to enter the captcha

blackness
18th November 2008, 08:40 PM
The have added the morale stuff to it.

What do you mean? Confused on this one.

As for Bon's comment thanks man cause right now I am HIGHLY lost on what is allowed then and what isn't

HoMiCiD3
18th November 2008, 08:41 PM
Once I receive full clarification on what is allowed and what isnt I will post it here.

As it stands Shane edited the RF sabb tool to fetch the next target automatically from his server from what I understand.

The admins do not want anything automated that stops it from being the user playing instead of a program.... although you still had to enter the captcha
the rule clarification doesn't actually cover what shane did :) plus u actually have to compile the target list in the first place for the script to retrieve it lol which means u did do the work in the first place, you're just not repeating urself.

MFnBonsai
18th November 2008, 08:48 PM
the rule clarification doesn't actually cover what shane did :) plus u actually have to compile the target list in the first place for the script to retrieve it lol which means u did do the work in the first place, you're just not repeating urself.

****begin message****
Let me be as clear as I can be:
When I'm seeing evidence of vacation-mode accounts being sabotaged, it's obvious that someone is not making the willful decision to sab these accounts. The most innocent explanation for this is the explanation you have offered. This still means, however, that rather than an individual making decisions about what they will do, an automated process is deciding who to sab next, what to sab/recon, etc. This is not at all the same as filling in a script for a repeated action, such as buying a certain type of tool. That's why we've tried to incorporate that into the game in a small way. Perhaps you misrepresented the function of Sabaholic, more likely I merely misunderstood its function. Irrespective of this, it is illegal because a person is not making decisions, a process is.
We've banned the accounts that were clearly guilty of this. It was a borderline decision, and the trouble we've had in past ages with many of these accounts (yours included) was what tipped the scales in me approving this action.
That said, you've been up-front in the past, and we appreciate your emailing us before using tools in the past. Since you possibly believed that we gave explicit permission to use those scripts (we did not), I will unban your accounts, and consider this past day a "suspension" to bring attention to the illegality of the tool. We will give all players 5 days to cease using these tools before we begin banning accounts for good.
Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you think I am in some way being unfair.
Good luck,
-Rocco

I am also awaiting clarification on offline clicking.... I do have an answer to it but will only say that offline clicks will be limited

blackness
18th November 2008, 08:48 PM
So its not a like a pre done list by war mods and updated automatically or IRC list or done via a forums? I have no idea hince why I am asking or was it a list that the individual user had to make and update? If the user actually does the work I don't see a issue with it but if its something that all users have the same list and don't actually have to do anything then I could see that as not being within the rules since takes no effort on the users part.

MFnBonsai
18th November 2008, 08:56 PM
personally i would like to see all scripts/programs deemed illegal.... never needed them when i was playing....

so what it takes a couple extra seconds to input shit.... i dont see it being that hard....

although if i had my way and all scripts/programs were deemed illegal there would still be people using them without admins/mod knowing

HoMiCiD3
18th November 2008, 09:00 PM
So its not a like a pre done list by war mods and updated automatically or IRC list or done via a forums? I have no idea hince why I am asking or was it a list that the individual user had to make and update? If the user actually does the work I don't see a issue with it but if its something that all users have the same list and don't actually have to do anything then I could see that as not being within the rules since takes no effort on the users part.
nothing is updated automatically, recons are what update stats, people have to recon for the script to update it that is what iris does and admins have deemed that legal, our list is programed into our forums and connects to shane's bot which is updated by recons, so the list goes by alliance and when every anyone in that alliance is reconned by someone using the script the list is updated.

personally i would like to see all scripts/programs deemed illegal.... never needed them when i was playing....

so what it takes a couple extra seconds to input shit.... i dont see it being that hard....

although if i had my way and all scripts/programs were deemed illegal there would still be people using them without admins/mod knowing
no1 needs those scripts but they save alot of time

SonOfSam
18th November 2008, 09:14 PM

Not sure if this is illegal, but I noticed some ppl when offline seem to be able to buy stuff with their TBG.

Eg : Trying to sab xxxxxx I was fillin in my little sab chart, when lo and behold the 150BPM's became 153! Now this guy was still offline, so how the hell is this possible? Is this what's known as Auto Buy?

Reno
18th November 2008, 09:50 PM
Not sure if this is illegal, but I noticed some ppl when offline seem to be able to buy stuff with their TBG.

Eg : Trying to sab xxxxxx I was fillin in my little sab chart, when lo and behold the 150BPM's became 153! Now this guy was still offline, so how the hell is this possible? Is this what's known as Auto Buy?

I think it was simply the koc server mistakenly thinking the person was offline. As I believe any action going through the account would make it label the account online even if it was autobuying.

A similar error occurs when you check your offies list and see that your offie last logged in 3 months ago yet his name is yellow. lol

Shane-
18th November 2008, 11:01 PM
****begin message****
Let me be as clear as I can be:
When I'm seeing evidence of vacation-mode accounts being sabotaged, it's obvious that someone is not making the willful decision to sab these accounts. The most innocent explanation for this is the explanation you have offered. This still means, however, that rather than an individual making decisions about what they will do, an automated process is deciding who to sab next, what to sab/recon, etc. This is not at all the same as filling in a script for a repeated action, such as buying a certain type of tool. That's why we've tried to incorporate that into the game in a small way. Perhaps you misrepresented the function of Sabaholic, more likely I merely misunderstood its function. Irrespective of this, it is illegal because a person is not making decisions, a process is.
We've banned the accounts that were clearly guilty of this. It was a borderline decision, and the trouble we've had in past ages with many of these accounts (yours included) was what tipped the scales in me approving this action.
That said, you've been up-front in the past, and we appreciate your emailing us before using tools in the past. Since you possibly believed that we gave explicit permission to use those scripts (we did not), I will unban your accounts, and consider this past day a "suspension" to bring attention to the illegality of the tool. We will give all players 5 days to cease using these tools before we begin banning accounts for good.
Please let me know if you have any questions, or if you think I am in some way being unfair.
Good luck,
-Rocco

I am also awaiting clarification on offline clicking.... I do have an answer to it but will only say that offline clicks will be limited

Thank you Bon for posting the e-mail Rocco sent me in a public forums.

Shane

blackness
19th November 2008, 12:19 AM

Yeah but when you played we were able to click 200 links a minute so clicking and sabbing didnt take as long as it would now if we didnt have some of these tools. I mean with more time and age things should be getting faster not slower. I mean some times I feel like this is age 1 all over again when trying to click.

Pinturicchio
19th November 2008, 12:23 AM
Thank you Bon for posting the e-mail Rocco sent me in a public forums.

Shane

owned much? :D

page
25th November 2008, 05:41 PM
What happened? Has KoC crashed? Or is my WiFi connection that bad? I'm travelling you see, and far from the main cities. I can't log in to KoC, but can get online (to other sites).:confused:

Shane-
25th November 2008, 05:49 PM
What happened? Has KoC crashed? Or is my WiFi connection that bad? I'm travelling you see, and far from the main cities. I can't log in to KoC, but can get online (to other sites).:confused:

-> Stable Cable Internet, And its down here.

Many people on IRC complaining its also down.

Shane

Apocalypse137
25th November 2008, 07:25 PM
Hacker shane killd teh koc!!!!!!!!!! OOOOHHH N()ES!

Wait...does this mean i hav to go outside and hav a life?

i hate u shane, ruin koc and now im screwed.

boriszima
25th November 2008, 07:45 PM
I thought Age has ended prematurely, oh well I guess another month to kill

PogMaThoin
25th November 2008, 07:58 PM
KoC is down for me too it happend around 7 pm eastern time for me and is still out it seems

edited : as of 10:10 i could log into Koc but when i try to change pages it logs me out ,
good news is its trying to run and they must be working on it :)

Vengeful_Assasin
25th November 2008, 08:21 PM
it's up for me and there is a gold rush but I can't attack since it shows a page error.

boriszima
25th November 2008, 08:33 PM
it's up for me and there is a gold rush but I can't attack since it shows a page error.

try couple of times, after like 4-5 tries it works, then it takes you 5 more times to spend your gold. good luck

vanit4s
2nd December 2008, 01:47 AM
A Turn-based Game with No Turns is like a Pub With No Beer

MFnBonsai
5th December 2008, 02:00 AM
December 5, 2008
Fixed bug which causes improper reporting of retreating after trying to attack a player much larger than you.

Also extra turns have been given out....

cowboy_from_hell
5th December 2008, 03:47 AM
^ hoorray for xtra turns :D

vanit4s
5th December 2008, 03:54 PM
December 5, 2008
Fixed bug which causes improper reporting of retreating after trying to attack a player much larger than you.

it seems the whole game is fixed, all the bugs and errors :)

MFnBonsai
5th December 2008, 04:30 PM
it seems the whole game is fixed, all the bugs and errors :)

dont know if the whole game is fixed....

seems that when you hit next on the battlefield you still get white pages almost every attempt.... maybe they still dont want the sellcatchers to work....

even when you just go page to page the white pages appear....

- as to the UP being fixed i would have no clue since i do not have any UP upgrades....

- turns well slept all night so cant say whether all turns came in or not....

- same with slowing of server issues

Gem- and myself still email admins when we get told about problems but receive no reply as to if they are fixed or being worked on....

Shane-
5th December 2008, 05:26 PM
The battlefield thing isn't an issue, wait 2 seconds and you're good to go to another page, install some type of timer, or use Fasterfox to let you know when you can navigate to another page.

With this "Fix", I don't think I've lost any TBG (Hurayyy), and it also seems the admins edited mercs (Again?...), Last night/This morning 14k mercs came when DA was less than 50k... whether this is a change that'll stay is yet to see.

Shane

HoMiCiD3
5th December 2008, 05:50 PM
dont know if the whole game is fixed....

seems that when you hit next on the battlefield you still get white pages almost every attempt.... maybe they still dont want the sellcatchers to work....

even when you just go page to page the white pages appear....

- as to the UP being fixed i would have no clue since i do not have any UP upgrades....

- turns well slept all night so cant say whether all turns came in or not....

- same with slowing of server issues

Gem- and myself still email admins when we get told about problems but receive no reply as to if they are fixed or being worked on....
i've not had a problem browsing the battlefield, only seems to come when it always used to, when browsing too fast.

alwaysl00king2
6th December 2008, 09:46 AM
I still have issues with the battlefield.

I can scroll down to the next page without problems sometimes, and it seems as if I count 1001.....1005, I will still get a white page. Not sure there is any rhyme or reason. I find hunting sucks. I can understand trying to stop sell catchers, but when this totally interupts human hunting, I find it unnaceptable. Heck even .5 seconds of a delay can be too slow between catching a sell on your own, vs missing it. There really should be another way to catch the automated sell catchers. The optimum way would to have every one play honestly, but after ten ages, I realize that will never happen.

Personally, I find it frustrating to play a game, to only compete against those who try to take the unfair advantage of it. Ya, I do understand people need to show off some of there "programming skills". But to be honest, KoC isn't the place this needs to be shown off. If KoC were played like it was intended originally to be played, we wouldn't have to put up with half the crap we put up with. I know this is on deaf ears...but dang it, play honestly, with integrity. KoC don't need 'scripts, programs, etc' to become better. Yes, the recruiters were about the only thing that added nicely to the game, but it would have been nice if KoC admins added a recruiter that worked ages ago. Other than that, the rest should be just tossed aside.

But then again, if KoC was played by just 'honest, hard working folks, putting in there own time instead of using tools', there would be just a few players playing it. But then again maybe not.

I'm sure I'm on a hate list of some now. Just to say I think some of the tools, are pretty creative, but tools that are useful, come to new ideas of ways to improve them, and moving them further into the 'grey' area of what is actually legal. I personally can't blame the admins for letting KoC go away to the curb. They had something innocent, and fun, and it's turned into finding people who can 'try to beat the system'. You get rid of that, and get back to the 'innocent and fun', I think we would have a real game here. Until then, this game isn't going to be much. But then again, the world we live in is corrupt, and the ways of 'innocent, and fun' are over. Thus KoC needs to be re-done from the ground up, to actually be a game again. Because we know the world will never be that way again.

AL2

boriszima
15th December 2008, 08:39 PM
does anybody else have white pages in attack page like alwaysl00king2? This is super annoying. I click attack and right away i receive white page. Out of maybe 20 page views, only 2-3 come out, others all turn white. This is beyond frustrating. I am not scrolling fast, just open page, look for a bit, and go to next and boom white page again. anybody did anything to get rid of this pesky crap?

Scooter
15th December 2008, 08:43 PM
it white pages when i click next or previous on the BF...annoying as shit.

boriszima
15th December 2008, 08:44 PM
it white pages when i click next or previous on the BF...annoying as shit.

seriously. emailing admins is just such a waste of time.

peterkitty
15th December 2008, 08:47 PM
I only get it about 1/4 of the time...when i click on the link to the next page, i hole the mouse for about half a second, and that seems to help. Also, i browse pretty slowly.

page
16th December 2008, 07:56 PM
"Down for maintenance. We'll be back shortly..."

Arrrrgh... and I got all that gold lying around.

--------------------

The least the admins could've done is say "KoC will be back online at x-time". Ah well...

jog1
16th December 2008, 09:00 PM
lol KoC back and worst then ever.

You can't attack, but you still get the repair cost...

thanks to the admins that's 8mil repairs for me :D

peterkitty
16th December 2008, 09:13 PM
wow, thanks for posting that before i ran my repairs up trying to attack.

alwaysl00king2
17th December 2008, 05:20 AM
seriously. emailing admins is just such a waste of time.

Maybe emailing them did help get this fixed. I went through the battle pages today without issues. Of course I won't get too excited yet, until I see this is working for a few days. This might be one of the reasons it was down yesterday. If this has been fixed, thanks admins, and thanks to whomever mailed the admins.

MFnBonsai
17th December 2008, 06:18 AM
I received an email from rocco to say they were going to be changing servers today. If there are any problems catch me on irc or PM me here and let me know what they are.

alwaysl00king2
17th December 2008, 06:27 AM
I received an email from rocco to say they were going to be changing servers today. If there are any problems catch me on irc or PM me here and let me know what they are.

Thanks for the update MFnBonsai.

jog1
17th December 2008, 12:14 PM
I can't click anymore and white pages still appear but a lot less often I guess you can change page a bit faster then before.

boriszima
17th December 2008, 08:53 PM
Maybe emailing them did help get this fixed. I went through the battle pages today without issues. Of course I won't get too excited yet, until I see this is working for a few days. This might be one of the reasons it was down yesterday. If this has been fixed, thanks admins, and thanks to whomever mailed the admins.

maybe, i clicked on attack to go to BF and first thing i saw was white page. i think i am giving up on this game all together now.

alwaysl00king2
17th December 2008, 10:17 PM
I've been scanning the battlefield on and off all day with no issues so far...and now the recruiter is actually working again. It is interesting though how some people get white pages, and others don't. For once, I'm kinda happy, cause I can help our AL2 members do a bit of hunting. I hope the white pages stay away. Can't blame anyone for giving up...KoC seems to offer more un-needed challenges every age.

jog1
21st December 2008, 12:11 AM
They changed the command center!!

Way to change the important things!!

boriszima
21st December 2008, 12:14 AM
They changed the command center!!

Way to change the important things!!

yep its a sign that the game is not as popular as before.

cowboy_from_hell
21st December 2008, 03:41 AM
i dont see nay changes in command center

could be just me :p care to fill me in please

MFnBonsai
21st December 2008, 04:03 AM
they had the recruiter link at the top and changed things around a bit.

but then the battlefield and other pages couldnt be viewed....

i emailed aman about them and he replied he fixed them.... maybe he had to go back to the old command centre because of that....

Shane-
21st December 2008, 10:34 AM
Also went back to the old battlefield.

Looks like they attempted to make some changes - it went badly wrong, and they reversed to a backup of the old code in an attempt to repair the damage they did.

Shane

boriszima
21st December 2008, 11:42 AM

Looks like they attempted to make some changes - it went badly wrong, and they reversed to a backup of the old code in an attempt to repair the damage they did.

Shane

I guess coding is also tough these days

Scooter
21st December 2008, 01:22 PM
i thought betas were where they change things like that...

jog1
21st December 2008, 06:16 PM
i thought betas were where they change things like that...

Scooter is sad because he though they had made a beta yesterday and got owned :P

AJNZ
21st December 2008, 06:23 PM

Shane

IE: They failed and didn't keep trying.