PDA

View Full Version : Koc Changes

Ashoar
5th September 2008, 02:51 AM
To Admins and Moderators.
I am not posting this too Flame on Kings of Chaos in anyway, this is made for an open discussion.

I have been a long time player of Kings of Chaos, begun at around Age 2, when a friend introduced it too me. I fell in love with the game and stuck with it through and through.
I see a lot of threads where people have been flaming the Admins of KOC for apparently "Abandoning" the game, and just using it for the income they generate off the Advertisements.

Koc has been running for 4 years or so now and each Age they introduce new features. After 4 years of continually coding a game with new features, its obvious that it would start getting harder to add more features, without turning the game into one like others with all the same features.
I code in PHP and MYSQL myself, and i have taken a shot at making a Browaser based MMORPG, and it is very hard too come up with features that wont turn it into a mainstream game like all the others. And i believe Koc has tried their best not too do that. Infact many other newer games have been just copying Koc because of its success.

I agree that the game isnt what it once was. This is not the admins fault, it is the players fault, players have left, leaving only a small proportion of us.

If anything i would love to see Koc back too the way it was at around Age6-7, i thought they were the best ages of them all, and it seemed that many players also liked those ages. It was competative and fun, im not saying it isn't fun now, but it is less competative.

I have a feeling that the admins are working on something big for Koc, taking up much of their time.

I would like to know all of your opinions about this.
But please do not flame the admins of Koc or the game itself.

- Ashoar
-AoT Squad Commander

Scooter
5th September 2008, 07:07 AM
Only reason why a great majority of people left is because the admins left the game for dead. Stupid changes, never asked our opinion until this age and we dont have close to any of the changes that we asked and voted for.

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/stats.php?id=17
That is one of the admin test accounts, the only one that is left, all the others went inactive because the admins dont log into them anymore. At the beginning of the age they were all there and now thats all thats left.

Maybe if they would listen to use and roll back the game to age 6 or ever 7 more people would come back and play.

Pinturicchio
5th September 2008, 09:31 AM
Only reason why a great majority of people left is because the admins left the game for dead. Stupid changes, never asked our opinion until this age and we dont have close to any of the changes that we asked and voted for.

http://www.kingsofchaos.com/stats.php?id=17
That is one of the admin test accounts, the only one that is left, all the others went inactive because the admins dont log into them anymore. At the beginning of the age they were all there and now thats all thats left.

Maybe if they would listen to use and roll back the game to age 6 or ever 7 more people would come back and play.

a funny fact for those of you not knowing, the changes made to fuck up the game was presented to the admins by fury who got like, 3 (?) koc ripoffs up and running.. the irony.. :)

Scooter
5th September 2008, 11:46 AM
a funny fact for those of you not knowing, the changes made to fuck up the game was presented to the admins by fury who got like, 3 (?) koc ripoffs up and running.. the irony.. :)

Not to mention that all of his games are based on the old KOC before the changes that he suggested.

NardHipples
5th September 2008, 01:57 PM
the game started to go downhill when they listened to the players suggestions.

Ashoar
5th September 2008, 10:03 PM
NamelessEnforcer, they could roll back the game to age 6 and 7, which i also agree was my favourite ages.
But just putting it back would soon give the same effect as now. It would get boring for many people just to keep the game the same, they would need to continue adding updates too keep new things in the game. Its just a matter of adding new concepts and ideas that wouldn't destroy the game.

I was thinking of programming a few things and sending it in to Rocco just too see what he thought about it, and possibly have it implemented into the game, if it would effect the game in a good way.

Scooter
6th September 2008, 05:50 AM
As far as i know, ages 3-6 were basically the same (i started playing in 5 so correct me if im wrong) and then when age 7 rolled around they started changing the sab amounts and everything and since then its just been downhill. You cant fix something that isnt broke.

EviLizeD
6th September 2008, 07:48 PM

I hate to agree but this is dead right, which is the reason I refuse to play RoC

xAre
9th September 2008, 06:04 AM

Which is why you know RoC will fail.