PDA

View Full Version : Adoption of the Daxter brothers (privet)

Hoax
5th September 2004, 06:50 PM
*Tyler held his brothers hand, he wasnít sure how long they had been walking through this forest, nor how they got here...*

Elijah ~ "Tyler, were are we?"

Tyler ~ "I'm not sure Elijah, did you double check your portals location like mother always said?"

Elijah ~ "yes!" *U.U* "No..... BUT we should be just on the other side of the shire!"

Tyler ~ "Elijah!....... we could be anywhere if you screwed up the portal spell...."

*the two young brothers continued walking through the forest, hoping to find a friendly soul sometime soon....*

Shade
5th September 2004, 07:20 PM
OOC: I am also bringing Tim along for the ride :)

IC: Mantis--a woman in a green jumpuit with a helmet and visor, and with antennae sticking out from her head through the helmet--and Shade--a woman wearing a white dress with two swords sheathed at her side and a black mask also tied to her belt--enter the forest, a forest so familiar to them on this island. Here, they can call this forest home. A familiar, yet sturdy hut is in the middle of the forest.

Mantis hears a noise and draws her bronze sword. Shade follows quickly. "Is that ANOTHER person trying to take our lives?" Asks Shade, a little too loudly.

Mantis hushes her, watching the two figures with interest. "No," She says. "They're two children. I wonder...are they lost?"

Draco
5th September 2004, 07:28 PM
Tim walked up to Shade's hut. He didn't knock on the door, sensing her and Mantis outside, in he forest. He trailed them, and found the foursome. His eyebrows shot up into the air as he looked to Shade.

"Ah . . . I'm sorry, I didn't know you had company."

Hoax
5th September 2004, 07:39 PM
*Tyler stopped, dead in his tracks, clamping a hand over his brothers mouth...*

Tyler ~ "Ssshhhh, I think I heard something"

Elijah ~ "Mohmmmahhmmm!"

Tyler ~ "ooh, sorry"
*Tyler removed his hand from his brothers mouth, keeping him close though, one hand on his shoulder....*

Tyler ~ "what was that you said?"

Elijah ~ "I said that I donít hear anything, your paranoid brother, thereís nothing out her but birds, bears and some deer"

Tyler ~ "well maybe it was a bear, any how, I am sure I heard something, so pipe down!"

*Elijah opened his mouth as if to say something but quickly closed it again, for a second there he had heard a twig snap, he suddenly realized just how quiet the forest had become.....

"Ah . . . I'm sorry, I didn't know you had company."

Tyler spun around as Elijah gave a small shreek*

Tyler ~ "who are you!"

Elijah ~ "please dont eat us!"

Shade
5th September 2004, 07:49 PM
Shade grimaces for a moment. "Eat?" She says. "How could we eat someone like you?" She stops and gasps, realizing the implications. "I mean...I don't know what I mean."

Mantis guffaws. "We're humans, just like you are. We can't eat you, nor would we ever wish to." She smiles widely at them beneath the mask. Then, she takes off her belt, the metal clank of her bronze sword echoes throughout the forest. "I mean no harm." She sighs. Perhaps she had better let Shade take care of this.

Shade turns to Tim and gives him a quick hug. "Glad you could make it," She says. "It means a lot to me." She returns her attention to the kids. "Umm..." She takes a few steps towards them. "Come on," She says. "Take my hand. Don't worry; I won't bite." Shade smiles warmly at the two kids.

Draco
5th September 2004, 07:54 PM
Tim smiled at the two kids. It was the same smile that he had given Shade a long time ago, the one that had conveyed warmth, and peace, and geeral goodwill. He knelt down to get eye to eye with them.

"I will not hurt you," he said, in a voice as soft and warm as could be. "None of us will."

Hoax
5th September 2004, 08:07 PM
*Tyler relaxed, looking over at Elijah Tyler gave him a light slap on the back of the head*

Tyler ~ "please donít eat us? is that your first response to every strange person we meet?"

Elijah ~ "OW!! and no, I thought they might have been a bear or a dragon or something."

Tyler ~ "oh right and like a bear is not going to eat you just because you pleaded with it not to eat you...."

*Tyler quickly turned his attention away from his brother and back to the 2 ladies and 1 man standing just aways...*

Tyler ~ "sorry, we thought you were.... something else...

me and my brother here seemed to have gotten ourselves lost, can you tell us were we are?"

Elijah ~ "are you a witch?"

Tyler ~ "she is not a witch! are you?"

Draco
5th September 2004, 08:11 PM
Tim assumed Elijah was talking to him.

"Hardly," he said.

As they mentioned dragons, a look of sadness appeared in his eyes. But it quickly passed. He sent Shade a telepathic message, the equivilant of lightly stomping on her foot. Then he spoke to the kids.

"But you know, dragons aren't all bad. They can be quite nice at times."

Hoax
5th September 2004, 08:26 PM
Elijah ~ "we know, near the shire were we lived there was a old mountain dragon, he was really nice and friendly, he sometimes shared his treasure with us."

Tyler ~ "yes, the old dragon was nice to us, he was the self proclaimed guardian of the town...."

*Tyler's face grew bright at the memories of the shire.
Elijah looked over at the man now before them, something about him, reminded him of the old dragon, he smiled, he suddenly felt safe with these people...*

Shade
5th September 2004, 08:31 PM
Shade laughs, then winces as she gets the message. She turns to Tim, and says, in a low voice, "Sorry."

"No," She says, after recovering from the message. "I'm not a witch. I can do magic, but it's not very powerful. Say...where are your parents?"

Mantis snorts at the brief interplay. "And I'm no bug," She says. "I'm a human, just like you. Anyway, you are on our home island."

A small rustle in the brush, and a giant, muscular mantis pops out. It crosses its antennae and begins a small telepathic conversation with Mantis, who also crosses her antennae.

Are they giving you any problems? Who are they, anyway?
The man next to Shade is Tim. I'm sure you've already heard about him. As for the kids, no, they're not giving us any problems. If you stay any longer, you might frighten them away
*scoff*

The mantis hops away. "That's my insect counter-part, I guess you could call it," Says Mantis. She holds out her hand. "Come," She says. "Take my hand."

Draco
5th September 2004, 08:35 PM
Tim's eyebrows shot up to his hairline, as the mantis hopped in/

"That's new," he said. "Who was that?"

Shade
6th September 2004, 04:20 AM
Mantis shrugs. "One of my friends from the forest. I had a blood transfusion with a mantis once, and you see the result right in front of you. The mantises love to protect me, even though they don't need to." She stops here, not wanting to say anything more, lest she disturb the already-frightened kids. "They're quite harmless," She lies. "But they love me and I love them--not in the literal sense, of course."

Shade simply sighs, glad that the mantis left. She has never trusted them, especially not since they ate Mantis's last attacker.

Draco
6th September 2004, 09:44 AM
Tim was curious.

"But how did you overcome the compatability problem? Last I heard, mantis DNA and human DNA is not compatable. But . . . ahh, perhaps this is not the time for it." He turned back to the two kids.

"Ahh . . . sorry about that. I'm just facinated by science. I don't believe I caught your names?"

Shade
6th September 2004, 11:12 AM
OOC: Hmm...you got me bsing you now :D

IC: "Well," Says Mantis. "I...I'm not sure. All I know is is that normally, the doctors would hook up a filter. They've done it before. But I was sick, sicker than anyone they had ever seen. And, well, uhm, something must have happened where they fused. You'll forgive me; I don't know much about science in that regard. All I remember is that I woke up when I was 17 to a splitting headache and I had these." She flicks her antennae.

Shade continues to extend her hand, also smiling quite warmly at them, but decides it will be best to let Tim handle most of the talking...

Hoax
6th September 2004, 04:20 PM
*the two brothers just stood there for a moment takeing every thing in*

Tyler ~ *O.O* "ummm.... I am Tyler and my brother there is Elijah"

Elijah ~ *O.O* "that was a big bug."

Shade
6th September 2004, 04:26 PM
"Hi, Tyler," Shade says. "Where are your parents?"

"Hi, Elijah," Says Mantis, getting on her knees to be at eye level with the child and putting a hand on his shoulder. "That was certainly a big bug, wasn't it? It's okay now...the bug is gone..."

Shade, too, gets on her knees. Not having done that in a long time, she loses her balance and falls. Then, she gets to her feet and kneels, putting a hand on Tyler's shoulder.

Draco
6th September 2004, 04:32 PM
Tim smiled.

"You're not from around here, are you?" he teased. He put a hand on Shade's shoulder to steady her.

Hoax
6th September 2004, 04:55 PM
*Tyler grabbed hold of Shades hand as she lost her balance, trying to steady her.

Elijah looked on giggling with glee at the antics of the woman*

Elijah ~ "I like you, your a funny lady!"

Tyler ~ "are you ok?
our mother was killed when I was 7 and he was 5. our father has been missing for a long time, we have been staying in the village in the shire with some family friends while we waited fro our father to come back, we had gotten sick of waiting when my brother there reckoned he could open a portal to our father, but he forgot to double check the entrance and so got us stuck here......."

Draco
6th September 2004, 05:07 PM
Tim was intrigued.

"But, if you don't know where your father is, how can you open up a portal to him?" Then he remembered something.

"By the way, Shade, remind me to talk to you later," he said to Shade, telepathically.

Shade
6th September 2004, 05:14 PM
Shade gets the message, now believing in the telepathy business, though she still doubts that Mantis can do the same thing. She makes sure to make a mental note of it, then turns to Tyler.

"I'm okay," She says, grinning at Elijah's reaction. Kids. She loves them, but nonetheless, she sighs, a little too sadly. If only she could have enjoyed her childhood. "Elijah," She says, turning to the boy who had called her funny. "You're a cute kid." She turns back to Tyler. "So are you."

Hoax
6th September 2004, 05:34 PM
*Elijah grinned widely at Shades comment then turned to Tim*

Elijah ~ "in theory I should have been able to lock onto our family aurora, getting us with in a few hundred meters of dad, however something went wrong, I have no idea what went wrong, or were we are, and so have no real hope of getting back with out some kind of guiding help from home......"

Tyler ~ "thatís not what you told me! you said you just needed to recharge your mana!"

Elijah ~ "sorry, I didnít want to panic you. truth is I think were stuck here, and with out me knowing were here is in relation to were home is.... well, I am afraid were just going to have to live here for a while...."

*Tyler opened his mouth as if to say something but ended up just grumbling something along the lines of "this is all your fault" Elijah looked down, obviously sorry for what had happened....*

Shade
6th September 2004, 05:39 PM
Shade suddenly cheers up, both happy and sad at the same time. "You can live with us," Shade says. "You'll like it here. It's nice and quiet...and there's a town just the other side of the forest. You'll love Tim, Mantis, and myself--my name's Shade--I promise you that. By the way, how did your mother die?"

Mantis turns to Shade as if to say, "They can?!" Nonetheless, she shallowly sighs and nods. Maybe this isn't such a bad thing after all. Tim and Shade are lovers, and, well, they aren't of the same race so they can't exactly have kids. Adopting kids would be a great thing. "Maybe Tim can be your father and Shade can be your mother," Mantis blurts out, then looks rather nervously to Tim and Shade.

"Say," Shade says, grinning from ear to ear. "That's not such a bad idea! Would you mind, Tim? What do you say, boys?"

Hoax
6th September 2004, 05:57 PM
*Tyler and Elijah looked at each other and smiled*

Tyler ~ "sure"

Elijah ~ "sounds good"

Tyler ~ "why not"

Elijah ~ "better than being alone"

*Tyler suddenly darkened, realising 5 seconds to late what Shade has asked....*

Tyler ~ "our mother......" *T.T* "we donít remember, we were too young."

Elijah ~ "yeah you do, you told me just yester day that she was... OOF!!!"

*Tyler had whacked Elijah in the stomach, giving him a look that just screamed "shut up"*

Draco
6th September 2004, 06:01 PM
Tim felt as if he'd just been hit by one of Vincent's laser pistols set on heavy stun. Then he grinned.

"That's actually a good idea," he said. Then something occured to him.

"Where's that draike of your's, Jade?"

Shade
6th September 2004, 06:04 PM
Shade looks uncomfortably between the two, some how knowing that she has asked the wrong question. "Tyler," She says. "Can you possibly not punch Elijah?" She looks at the two, a sad smile on her face. "I understand. You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. There are many things I don't want to tell about me, too." She moves inbetween the two, wanting to hug them, but understanding if they didn't. Her motherly instincts have already begun to take over.

Mantis sighs, relieved that Shade hadn't said something stupid again. "There are a few things you probably wouldn't want to know about me, either, and there are things too painful for me to tell," She says. "But it's all right not to tell things that pain us. We won't force you to." She smiles. Of course, the smile is wasted as it is hidden under her mask.

As though on cue, a small, small creature with silver skin and wings flies out of Shade's hut, landing on Shade's shoulder. Grinning, Shade places Jade on the floor. "This," She says. "Is a draike. She is named Jade, after my mother. Go ahead," She says, an almost girlish smile on her face, feeling very excited for some reason. "You can pet her. I promise you she won't bite."

The draike scratches its ear in response with its front left leg, then lies down, expecting lots of attention, something it loves.

Hoax
6th September 2004, 06:39 PM
*Elijah picked up the small creature, stroking its back gently. Tyler hugs Shade, obviously distressed about the talk on his mother....*

Tyler ~ "our mother was.... she was taken by a large red dragon that had a tendency to maraud around.
our father lead an exspidition to find her, when they did find her.... everything below this line was gone, bitten off..."

*Tyler traced a line from beneath his right shoulder, down to his left hip*

Tyler ~ "she died in our fathers arms and was buried in the shire..... our father never got over it, he told us from then on that the only good dragon was a dead dragon.................."

Elijah ~ "I like your pet Shade, he's cute..."

Shade
6th September 2004, 06:51 PM
Shade hugs Tyler back, nearly crying. "That's so horrible!" She says. "But your mother will always be with you, your real mother, even though you can't see it, she's there.

I'll tell you what happened to my mother," She says, and begins, slightly fudging the details and giving an occasional sniffle. "We were...on an expedition. We were...after my father. You see, he was...corrupted and made evil. On our way up a mountain, Shadow--my father--got to the top first. As we climbed, he threw rocks down at us. My mother, s-she was hit by one of those rocks and fell all the way off the mountain. No remains of her were found but her head." She holds Tyler tight. "We both have our painful memories. But by telling each other, I think it helps a little, don't you?"

Mantis walks up to Elijah, while the draike licks the child in the face. "You like it, don't you?" She says. "It was given to Shade by an old friend. Shade hardly ever forgets it. And its appetite! You should see how much meat she eats in a day! It's--not even I eat that much!" She laughs as Jade licks Elijah in the face again. "I think she likes you." Mantis finishes.

Draco
6th September 2004, 07:05 PM
Tim froze when he heard about the dragon. This was a touchy subject with him at best, being a dragon himself.

"Err . . . there's a friend I'd like you to meet. But . . . well, don't get the wrong impression, she's really nice. Umm, see . . . she's a dragon."

Hoax
6th September 2004, 07:07 PM
*Tyler nodded slowly, a tear creeping into his left eye, Elijah looked up at Tim and nodded, still giggling with the small drake*

Tyler ~ "who is it?"

Elijah ~ "will they be comeing soon? and Mantis, can i feed Jade?"

Draco
6th September 2004, 07:15 PM
Tim smiled, and put a hand on Tyler's shoulder. Out of the woods stepped a female red dragon, with a gold underbelly. A burst of color appeared in his mind. He smiled.

"Guys, I'd like you to meet Dragontha. I raised her from an egg. Dragantha, this is Tyler and Eli'jah. Shade, you met her, remember?"

Shade
6th September 2004, 07:18 PM
Shade begins to cry too, turn back to the child and rubbing his head gently. "It's okay," She says. "Everything is going to be okay. What's happened has happened, and, well, we can only look to the future." She says, giving a slight sniffle. "It's sad sometimes, but know that I will always be here for you. Always."

Mantis nods to Elijah. "Yes, you can give her something...I don't know if she'll like it, but she won't hurt you if she doesn't. And as for the meat, there's a nice restaurant that we go to that caters to Jade's needs. Would you like to go there, maybe today, perhaps? Don't worry," She says, beaming at the way Elijah laughs. Kids. So cute. "There's food for those of us who don't eat like Jade does."

Shade's crying subsides, looking at Dragonotha. Memories come back to her briefly. "Oh yes," Shade says, brightening considerably. "I remember her. Wasn't she just like Jade last I saw her? Sitting on your shoulder?"

OOC: Draco, :TroutSlap for getting in ahead of me :p

Draco
6th September 2004, 07:23 PM
Tim smiled.

"You remember," said Tim, to Shade. "When I had amnesia, and we were on that quest?" His voice faltered for a moment, then he suddenly went silent.

OoC: Wait till the end of my quest, you'll meet her. All grown up, that is

Hoax
6th September 2004, 07:34 PM
*Tyler hid behind Shade, a little nerveís of seeing a full born dragon all of a sudden.
Elijah on the other hand looked up with a child like glee at the bright color's of Dragontha*

Elijah ~ "hello there. dose she speak? I have heard that not all dragons can speak English, but rather like to use there own dragon language or something. at least thatís what I have read...."

Tyler ~ "she looks like the dragon....."

Elijah ~ "silly, she looks nothing like that dragon, besides it was a male dragon that.... you know...."

Draco
6th September 2004, 07:41 PM
Dragantha lowered her head to be level with the two kids.

"I . . . overheard about your mother," he said. "I'm sorry. But, you know, not all dragons are bad. There are many good dragons out there. I am one of those." She sent a light burst of color into their minds.

Shade
6th September 2004, 07:42 PM
Shade is a little surprised at Tim's faltering. She gives him a concerned look, like, "Is something wrong?" Then, she turns around to Tyler. "Tyler," She says, rustling his hair. "Not all dragons are bad. You're taking one thing and applying it to everything. While dragons are big and sometimes ferocious, that doesn't mean they'll treat you that way." As though to prove her point, she goes up to the dragon and rubs its belly. The dragon lets out a small rumble, like a purr. "See? Nothing but a contented sound."

She comes back to Tyler and takes him by the hand, leading him over to Jade. "Now this creature looks similar to that other one, but look at how cute it is. The only thing this draike--or part-dragon--can do is snarl at you. It can't hurt you, nor would it want to. Go ahead, pet it. I'm right here, so nothing will happen to you. You can trust me. Go on. I'll pet it with you, if you want."

The draike turns towards Tyler, scratching its ear once more, then lies down, looking at Tyler, waiting to be petted.

OOC: I will remember-erish then-ish, okay-ish? Sorry for the ever-so-slight god-modding there. You can further the dragon's reaction if you want.

Hoax
6th September 2004, 07:58 PM
*Elijah smiled and Tyler lightened as the warm burst of colorful thoughts washed over there minds.
Tyler looked at the dragon then at Shades Drake, he shook his head and looked over at her with pleading eyes...*

Tyler ~ "please, I would rather not right now..."

*Elijah leaned over and whispered into Mantis's ear*

Elijah ~ "Tyler was there when our father found mum, he saw her or her upper half... he has had a thing about dragon's and half dragons ever since, it takes him a while to warm up to them, but donít worry, once he see's that there friendly he will be best buddies with them" * ;) *

Shade
6th September 2004, 08:03 PM
The draike gives a slow purr, walking over to Tim, but stopping to rub up against Tyler's leg, as if to show its good intentions. Shade looks down at the child. "Oh," She says. "I'm sorry. I should have done that..." Shade picks Tyler up and walks with him, over towards Mantis. Then she puts him down and gets to her knees again giving him a hug. "Please forgive me for that..."

Mantis, in the meanwhile, nod emphatically. "I see," She whispers back. "It's kinda like a phobia of his, eh? Well...can you keep a secret, Elijah?"

Draco
6th September 2004, 08:09 PM
Dragantha smiled sadly.

"I understand," she said. The colors intensified, and became accompanied by a soft, soothing music.

Meanwhile, Tim petted the Draike.

Shade
6th September 2004, 08:16 PM
Mantis walks over to Dragantha, stroking her belly, not quite understanding the dragon-tongue, but getting enough garbled words from it to figure out what the dragon is saying. "I understand, too," She says softly. "Would you believe it, I am still hunted because I am different. Because I inadvertently caused problems when I was 15, over 5 years ago."

Meanwhile, the draike takes off and flies around Tim, landing on his shoulder and licking his face. The draike really seems to enjoy this company. Usually, she is just as afraid as Shade is, or Tyler, but she feels very comfortable around these people.

Shade's stomach growls. "I'm...yeah, I'm hungry. Would you mind going into town for lunch?"

Draco
6th September 2004, 08:21 PM
Tim smiled.

"That's a good idea," he said. Dragantha nodded.

"I'll accompany you, hang on."

Dragantha began to glow. There was a bright flash, and a very beautiful young woman with a red-gold outfit and a large greatsword was standing there.

"I am ready," she said. She had a Russian accent.

Shade
6th September 2004, 08:29 PM
Mantis's antennae twitch and cause her to jump back slightly as Dragantha changes. After a few moments of adjusting her ears to the accent, she nods. "You know," She says softly. "If I'd seen you in your 'human form' before, I would never have guessed you were a dragon. Unfortunately, I have no other form to change into. I never get a break from hunters. I assume you understand what I mean?"

OOC: We'll approach the town when Hoax says he's ready...which will probably be tomorrow.

Draco
6th September 2004, 08:31 PM
Dragantha smiled. She extended a hand, and Mantis's form began to shimmer. It solidified, and . . . she was pure human. Or at least she appeared to be, it was just a hologram.

Hoax
7th September 2004, 01:25 AM
*Tyler and Elijah looked at each other and smiled then turned to Tim*

Tyler ~ "I'm ready"

Elijah ~ "me too, I'm starved!"

Shade
7th September 2004, 10:37 AM
Mantis nods eagerly and points to the end of the forest. "It's just over this ridge, come on!" The group proceeds down the hill, Shade walking with one hand on Elijah's shoulder and one hand on Tyler's shoulder. Jade, the draike, flaps happily around them.

Mantis, in the meantime, panics at first, then relaxes when she sees that her jumpsuit and helmet are still there. The antennae are the only thing missing, being replaces with beautiful green hair. She swallows hard. "Erm," She says. "Okay, this is weird...a little..welcome, but weird nonetheless."

The group proceeds through the market place. Shade turns and sees Mantis...being...not Mantis and a confused glance comes over her face. She lifts her hand from Tyler's shoulder and points at her head.

Mantis reaches up and flicks...her hair, or at least it looks like hair to Shade. Shrugging, Shade continues, putting her hand back on Tyler's shoulder. "If you see anything in the stalls, let me know." As they continue walking, they pass a stall with a symbol above it: a leaf split into six hectagonal fragments. It reminds Shade of--

"DRAGON SCALES! GET YOUR DRAGON SCALES!" Booms the vendor. "GENUINE DRAGON SCALES!"

Shade turns around and shakes her head, trying to convey the impression that what the vendor isn't really what he says he is.

I hope Tim and Dragantha don't do anything unexpected...The "scales" are plastic...

Shade looks down at her adopted sons. "If you see anything you want, let me know, and I'll have Mantis buy it. She has the money. Just...be careful of what the vendors say. They lie a lot. Like this one," She points to the vendor. The vendor stares in her direct, so Shade lowers her voice so that only the kids can hear it. "The 'scales' are plastic."

OOC: I think I'm playing it right for Mantis...if not, correct me :D. Oh, and, this vendor is a cheat, using plastic instead of real dragon scales

Draco
7th September 2004, 03:17 PM
Tim heard the call, convinced that the guy was selling real dragon scales. His first impulse was to blow the place up, it would be quite simple. Then his better half gets a foothold. So he walked up to the vendor, not even looking at the scales, his eyes focused on the vendor the whole time.

"How did you get these scales?" he asked, his voice deathly quiet.

Shade
7th September 2004, 05:21 PM
Shade's eyes widen, but maintains a firm grip on her adopted children. She is going to protect them, but yet, at the same time, she doesn't dare give away the vendor's secret, afraid of what the vendor might to do her... or her kids.

"Who's asking?" The vendor says with a grin, determined to sell the fake scales, and not knowing who he's speaking to. "I took them from old, old dragons. You know, the dead sort--not killed by me, died of old age, or at least that's what I say." He brandishes a red, fake scale in front of Tim. "Ye see this? This one's a rare one." In fact, the vendor has sold all but one. "And this one," He says, brandishing another fake one, this time gold, in front of Tim's face. "This one someone sold me. He killed the dragon himself."

Shade begins to get on edge, a little frightened for her adopted children. Mantis, however, stands behind Tim, getting ready to restrain him. She, too, can't reveal the hoax, unless Tim is about to kill him. Instead, she says, "Can he hold one?" To the vendor.

The vendor nods and holds out a scale, waiting for Tim to touch it. If Tim touches it, he will certainly feel and smell the plastic, or at least recognize it as a fake.

Hoax
7th September 2004, 05:39 PM
*Tyler walked over to the stall Tim was standing at, he seemed very tense, Tylerís eyes widened as he saw the dragon scales, picking one up the boy ran his hand over it, he was surprised when he found a seam along the edge of the scale, flipping it over Tyler saw that the small rise continued all around the "scale".
Tyler tugged on Tim's sleeve...*

Tyler ~ "excuse me, Uncle Tim?"

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

*Elijah took off wandering around the edge of the market, he found a few trinket stands but found nothing that really perked his interest.

Elijah continued wandering around and soon realized he had wandered into the forest.

Elijah continued wandering around, not sure were he was, or how to get back.

eventually Elijah came to a small clearing in witch grew a large tree, one so tall the small boy could not see the top of it.
beneath the tree sat a large rock, Elijah walked over and then walked around the tree then decided this was as gooda place as any to wait for some one to find him and so, sat down on the large odd shaped rock.*

Draco
7th September 2004, 06:08 PM
Tim slowly backed off.

"Good," he said. He looked disdainfully at the scales. Now that he was focusing on something other than the shopkeeper, he realized the noticable lack of power that eminated from true dragon scales.

"And next time you try to sell some manufactured scales, try not to use such obvious fakes." Then he turned down to look at Tyler.

"Yes?" he inquired, dropping his voice to normal.

Shade
7th September 2004, 06:10 PM
Shade turns around, hearing footsteps, then notices that Elijah has gone. "Elijah?" She calls. "Where are you?" She begins rapidly running up and down the isles of markets, searching for Elijah.

Kids... A small smile creeps over her face, but is quickly replaced by that worried expression that mothers get.

She searches and searches, eventually colliding with someone.

"Hey," The man yells at her. "Watch where you're going!"

"S-sorry!"

She begins to inquire at all the stalls, then takes off into the forest, using the central clock as a reference point. She ventures deep into the forest, finally finding Elijah. Scooping him up, she carries him back down to the town and places him next to Mantis and Tim. "No," She scolds, or at least tries to. Her voice is too soft to really scold. "Don't do that again. Why'd run run off on me, anyhow?"

Hoax
7th September 2004, 06:24 PM
*Tyler put down the scale, his question answered*

Tyler ~ "nothing never mi......"

*Tylerís eye fell on something, by the corner of the stall, it was like a small piece of mirror shining back up at him, the young boy leaned down and picked up the tear shaped item, as he did he was amazed as the item began to change color until it completely matched his hand....*

Tyler ~ "Tim... whatís this?"

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

*Elijah smiled sheepishly as Shade carried him back*

Elijah ~ "sorry, I got lost, I figured you would come find me soon so I just waited patently for you to find me, I'm sorry, I didnít meen to get lost....."

Shade
7th September 2004, 06:28 PM
A look of concern spreads across Shade's face. Mantis inclines her head slightly in a questioning gesture. "Tyler," Shade asks. "Where'd you find that?"

The vendor snarls at Tim, then begins to sound his vending call once more. "DRAGON SCALES!" He yelles. "FRESH, GENUINE DRAGON SCALES HERE!"

Shade shakes her head, not believing that the vendor just shook it off like that.

Mantis puts a hand on Elijah's shoulder, comforting him. "I remember when I was your age. You have things so much better than I did. Just....tell us where you're going next time, okay?

Jade begins to circle over Tyler's head, looking at the object with keen interest.

Draco
7th September 2004, 06:33 PM
Tim looked around to Tyler . . . and realized Shade and Elijah were missing.

"Oh, no," he moaned. He wasn't concerned about Shade, she could take care of herself. Elijah, on the other hand . . . he didn't know. He quickly probed about with his mind, and sensed them both safe int he woods. He breathed a sigh of relef. Then he cursed himself. If he was going to be an uncle, he was going to have to start thinking about more then the good of dragonkind. Then he saw the mirror.

"I don't know," he said, although he was just a tiny bit distracted. He turned to the vendor.

"What is this?" he asked.

Hoax
7th September 2004, 06:34 PM
*Tyler ignored the vendor and walked over to Mantis and Shade*

Tyler ~ "I saw it glimmering over there" -said Tyler pointing to the spot he had found it-
"it was reflecting the sunlight back up at me"

Elijah ~ "can I see?"

*Tyler nodded and handed his brother the scale.
Elijah grinned as he held the scale, holding it over his cloak he was amazed as it matched the fabric perfectly, even going so far as to form a imaginary rip on the edge.*

Elijah ~ "nifty"

Shade
7th September 2004, 07:03 PM
The vendor stops his shouting and looks. His eyes go wide with greed. "Why, that's a genuine dragon scale, or at least I think so. I'll give you 200 gold for it."

"And peddle it for more than that?" Asks Shade. "No thanks."

"I was planning on copying it..."

"No," Says Mantis. "It's not for sale. Go ahead, continue with your ways."

Shrugging, the man returns to his shouting.

Jade lands on Shade shoulder and Shade hugs Tim. "It's all right," She says softly. "Elijah just wandered off. It's my fault. I should have watched him."

Draco
7th September 2004, 07:16 PM
Tim shook his head forcefully.

"If I'm going to be a father, I'm going to have to not get distracted about the good of dragonkind," he said. Then he examined the item more closely, now that he could focus on it.

"Yes. . . ." he murmered thoughtfully. "Now that," he raised his voice slightly, "is a genuine dragon scale. Came from a Chameleon Dragon, unless I'm mistaken."

Shade
7th September 2004, 08:04 PM
Mantis turns and faces the vendor squarely, suspicion in her voice. "Where did this come from?"

The vendor shrugs his shoulder. "There was a strange blue patch in the sky before...maybe the dragon shed the scale?"

Mantis stares the man down, not convinced.

"Listen...Lady, I didn't kill any dragon!"

Mantis takes a walk through the stall, then stops abruptly, turning out of the stall."You have real chameleon scales! I saw them. No plastic pleats in them like the others."

"So what if I do?"

Mantis goes into rage mode, picking the man up by his collar. "What do you mean, 'so what if' you 'do?' Where did you get them?" It doesn't really matter at this point what the man says, unless he can come up with a brilliant excuse.

"It...it was an old dragon...it was in pain, it--!"

Mantis lifts the man up higher, and throws him over his stands and into the road. As the man gets up, Mantis slugs him in the stomach and her doubles up in pain. Mantis bashes the man's back and he falls to the floor. "Killing defenseless creatures?! You're a crook by another name!" She kicks the man over and over, ignoring his screams of pain, emphasizing each word with a kick. "I...Don't...Want...To...See...you...here...again.. .understood?!"

"Listen Lady, I--!"

"Don't you 'Listen Lady' me!"

"I only got five scales."

"It killed the dragon."

"Yeah, okay, so I cut more than five off. What does it--oof!"

Mantis again kicks the man hard in the side. Then, she throws a bag of money at his feet and goes into the stall, getting all of the chameleon scales and handing them to Tim. Then, she extends her hand and helps the man up--before throwing him over her back and hard into the road. The man remains cowering in fright. "I'm sorry!"

"Sorry doesn't cut it!"

Shade, in the meantime, goes up to Tim and gives him a kiss on the forehead and a big hug. "Let's go eat," Shade says softly. "Although, if you want to do something more, I understand. Just...don't kill him, not in front of the kids."

Then, realizing what the something else most likely is, Shade turns around. "Tyler, Elijah," She calls to them. "Don't look. Please don't."

Draco
7th September 2004, 08:56 PM
Tim quickly became enraged with the merchant. His anger seemed to seep from his body, become an almost tangible substance. A black mist began to form around his body. The mist took the form of a very large, very enraged dragon. The ground rumbled from the very power of his rage. A black shockwave formed, and began to slowly move outwards. I would destroy anything in it's path. It expanded, and . . . Tim was able to contain it. The ground stopped shaking, and the shockwave and mist-dragon dissipated into a black fog that quickly dispersed. He fell to his knees, filled with sorrow for the dead dragons, and horror at what he had almost done. Tears were streaming down his face.

"I'm sorry. . . ." he whispered. Then he got to his feet.

"I . . . I have to go into the woods. . . ." he said, and left. He had to perform the ritual sending. When he got into the wood, he tranformed into his dragon shape.

Shade
7th September 2004, 09:11 PM
Shade turns around and hugs her kids. Whether they looked or not is immaterial. "Don't worry," She says softly. "Everything will be okay. I need to go with Tim; I'm sure he'd like it if you came as well. Please don't cry." Shade herself begins to sniffle, feeling remorse for the dragons and sorrow for what the kids have just gone through. Without a word, she picks them both up and cries softly into their shoulders. Then, she brings the children with her, leaving them at the outskirts of the forest. "Now you kids, you stay right here, okay? I hope this won't take long. If you want to watch, you can come, but don't say a word, though I don't blame you if you hate us all after what just happened. I need you; please don't run away."

With a tearstricken face, Shade runs into the forest. Meanwhile, Mantis comes up to the kids and picks them up. "I'm sorry," She says. "But I have this thing against people who harm the defenseless. I shouldn't've done that. Please forgive me. Can you two be very quiet? I'll take you into the forest where Tim and Shade are, if you can."

Shade continues into the forest, still sobbing quietly, coming alongside Tim in his draconic form. "Tim," She says. "I'm so sorry." She buries her head in Tim's hide and weeps bitterly. "If I can," She says between sniffles. "I'd like to take part in this ceremony you're going to do, or at least that's what I think."

OOC: Mantis is holding Hoax's kids. They have to squirm in order to get away.

Draco
8th September 2004, 07:32 AM
Tim was shaking. He folded a wing over Shade, feeling comforted by her presence.

"Just you being here is enough," he said. He came upon the dead dragon's body. Using his flame breath, he burned a hole in the ground. Then he shed a singe tear for the dead dragon, for dragon tears were famous for seperating a spirit from a body, just in case there were still some strings of spirit clnging to the body. Then he knocked the body into the grave, and covered it. By the end, he was still shaking.

Shade
8th September 2004, 03:21 PM
Shade continues sobbing into Tim's side, overcome with sadness and grief. She wants to speak, she wants to calm down, but finds she can't at least not yet. "I'm...so...sorry," She says between particularly loud sobs. "I...wish...this...never happened, this death. I wish I could have prevented it. I'm sorry..."

Draco
8th September 2004, 03:29 PM
Tim folded a wing around Shade.

"Cry not," he said. "There was nothing you could have done, you could not have known."

Shade
8th September 2004, 03:36 PM
Shade nods and tries to stop sobbing. Tim's words make her feel a little better, but not by much. Gradually, through various shudders and sobs, Shade's crying subsides. She forces a smile and remains there, just hugging Tim, trying to make him--and herself at the same time--feel much better.

The draike, who has entered already, lets out a slow, mournful noise, landing on Tim's back and wagging its tail, also trying to comfort him.

Draco
8th September 2004, 04:49 PM
Somewhat comforted, Tim walked back to the edge of the wood. He stayed a little distance away, then suddenly kneeled. Or at least bent his front legs and attempted to kneel.

"I'm sorry," he said. His voice still wavered. "I'm normally not like this. But recently . . ." he stopped. He wasn't ready to talk about it yet.

"Can you forgive me?" he asked anxiously.

Shade
8th September 2004, 05:55 PM
"Forgive you for what?" Shade asks softly. "You were only worried about the dragon, and you were understandably enraged." She walks up to Tim and rubs his belly. "If I'm missing something, then I'm the one at fault. And how could I not forgive you?" She gives a wide smile, though her teary look kinda destroys the effect, and rubs Tim's belly again.

Meanwhile, the draike, startled by the sudden motion of Tim's "bending," quickly takes to the air and flies around the two.

Hoax
8th September 2004, 06:39 PM
*Elijah hardly noticed was going on, he was still busy examining his brothers find.
Tyler on the other has watched wide eyed at the reaction of Mantis and Tim's reaction to this vendor.
seemed strange to him, that some one would make such a ruckus over a few dragon scales...*

Elijah ~ "Tyler..."

Tyler ~ "yeah?"

Elijah ~ "I donít think this is a chameleon dragons scale, you know the one Tim said."

Tyler ~ "howís that?"

Elijah ~ "well look at it, its tiny compared to the other scales, and its tear shaped, the other scales were more wedge shaped, like a triangle with the top cut off"

*Elijah Handed Tyler the scale back. after looking over the see through scale and then holding it up and comparing to the other's that the vendor was just starting to set up on his wall...*

Tyler ~ "your right, this is far to small and the wrong shape to be a chameleonís scale....

Aunty Mantis, can we go play, I promise we wont go out of your sight"

Shade
8th September 2004, 06:43 PM
Mantis has something else on her mind. "Kids," She says, still not used to being called anything other than Mantis. "Would you mind if you came and saw Tim and Shade? you can go right back after. They need the two of you now. Please?" On the other hand, should they say no, she will understand.

Hoax
8th September 2004, 07:45 PM
*Tyler nodded, personally he was curious as to what was getting Tim so riled up and so wanted to see if he was ok and stuff.

Elijah shrugged, personally he would rather investigate about his dragon scale but figured there would be time later. Besides, this new dragon might cheer Tim up...*

Tyler ~ "err ok Mantis, lead on"

Elijah ~ "Aunty Mantis, why did you hit that man before?"

Shade
8th September 2004, 08:04 PM
OOC: "Hit?" That's a little innocent...oh, wait...LOL

IC: Mantis leads them through the forest, stopping when Shade comes in view and Tim in his dragon form as well. Mantis accidentally forgets to mention that Tim is in his dragon form. "There they are."

Shade turns and grins through her tear-stained face. The kids are just what Shade needs right now. She also wants a hug from one of them, but knows that she has to stay by Tim's side. So, she gets on her knees and waits for one of the kids to come to her.

Mantis returns her attention to Elijah.

Hit? That's all I...oh wait, he's a kid...

The thought brings a grin to Mantis's face, even though it is hidden beneath her helmet.

"I'm sorry I did that," Mantis says. "But he killed a purely innocent and defenseless creature--just to sell it. I can't stand that." She sighs and gives Elijah a hug. "I did that in my belief. Shade doesn't like that, I don't like that. And, he was a crook by another name." She rustles Elijah's hair. "What I did is wrong, and I am sorry. She gets on her knees so she is looking Elijah in the eyes. "Will you forgive me?"

Hoax
10th September 2004, 06:51 PM
*Elijah grinned as Mantis ruffled his hair*

Elijah ~ "our dad used to say that hunting an animal just for its skin is wrong he also said to stand up for what you believed in.
so yeah, your forgiven"

*Said Elijah with a big grin on his face.
Tyler looked around, obviously a little unsure about seeing Tim as a dragon*

Shade
10th September 2004, 07:40 PM
Mantis sighs, somewhat happily, glad to get that over with. "Thank you." She says, ruffling Elijah's hair once again. Then, she notices Tyler's unease. "Tyler," She says softly. "That's Tim. I know it's...kinda hard to tell, but that's him, all right."

Shade looks up at Tim and smiles warmly, then gestures for Tyler to come. As she does, she rubs Tim's belly. "See?' she says. "Nothing to be afraid of..."

Draco
11th September 2004, 07:18 AM
OoC: Shade, this post contains a spoiler for my quest, so I just put that in tags.

IC: Tim shifted back into his human form.

"Not the way I would have chosen for you to find out," he said. "I'm not normally like this, as I said, but, well . . . recently, this really evil guy captured my family, a community of over a hundred. He drove them to insanity, then killed them."

Hoax
11th September 2004, 09:17 AM
Tyler ~ "dragons can hide in the from of people? and why didnt you tell me! I meen us!"

sooo sorry for the crapy post, in the morning ill make an nice, long, flowery post with no spelling erro's

Shade
11th September 2004, 10:00 AM
"Well," Shade says softly, trying to placate the young Tyler. "You saw Dragantha turning into a human. I was afraid," She swallows hard, walking over to Tyler, getting on her knees and looking him in the eyes. "I was afraid that you'd run away from us." A friendly smile cracks her face. "I also forgot to mention it since it's become so commonplace for me." This time, it is Shade's turn to ask forgiveness. "Will you forgive me?"

Draco
13th September 2004, 05:21 AM
A slight smile crept up one side of Tim's face, a sad half-smile.

"There seem to be a lot of people asking for forgiveness today," he noted, making an attempt at humor. Then he turned serious. "Nay, it is I who must beg forgiveness, I should have told you sooner."

Hoax
18th September 2004, 10:13 PM
*Tyler slowly nodded, it alll seemd a bit much for him at the moment....*

Tyler ~ "sure, your forgiven....."

*said Tyler feeling a little wirded out....*

Elijah ~ "cool, so you can turn into a dragon and back! hows it work?"

Draco
19th September 2004, 08:04 AM
Tim smiled.

"Well, it's a complicated procedure," he said. "To tell you the truth, I'm not quite sure how it works." He made a note to himself to look it up.

"But come, I'm hungry, as I'm sure you two must be. Shade, is there anyplace nearby that serves some good meat? Maybe some steaks, or roast beef?"

Shade
19th September 2004, 08:13 AM
Shade nods eagerly. "There's a tavern that I always go to; it has fish, raw meat, and other stuff. I'm sure that there will be some roast beef or something there for you."

At the mention of raw meat, Jade flies over to Shade, landing on her shoulder and licking her face. Shade giggles. "Stop," She says jokingly. "That's not nice." Jade continues to lick her face for quite sometime, then stops and is quiet once more.

Mantis sighs. That is her most favorite tavern. Especially with the swordfish that's there.