PDA

View Full Version : Captchas

Eddy
24th August 2008, 06:59 AM
The text captchas are very annoying and they slow the gameplay down , why not replace em with number captachas like the ones in the recruiter?

chaosxemperor
24th August 2008, 10:08 AM
I'd assume because number captcha's would eventually be cracked, opening the way for (more public) ABs.

Decapitated_Da_Bomb
24th August 2008, 04:05 PM
I'd assume because number captcha's would eventually be cracked, opening the way for (more public) ABs.

This exactly. People would find ways to crack it, and due to there being less numbers than letters people would build an auto buyer that can make these captchas easier to crack without actually being there. Basically, what it has now limits cheating.

xAre
24th August 2008, 05:24 PM
Google-fu will teach you how to crack the CAPTCHA's for link clicking :p

Pinturicchio
25th August 2008, 04:25 AM

the captchas in koc is already cracked and they been cracked for hmm, 5 (?) ages now as they havent changed the captcha since age 5 (4??)...

also, I see the idea, and I can support it as I hate captchas, even though, it takes away a little of the game in the sell catching part.. like in roc, where sell catching is impossible as you get 100% and it takes you a maximum of 1sec to bank it afterwords.. where's the fun in that.. you need the frustration of the captcha.. :)

R3venge
25th August 2008, 05:01 AM
I think it was age 6 when the captchas were last changed and they have long since been cracked. Although they can be annoying and do slow the game down IMO they are not very important realy and as pint said the captchas make sell offs much more exiting!

HoMiCiD3
25th August 2008, 05:19 AM
i think perhaps there are certain times when a captcha is not necessary like when you spy or attack, yes when you are selling weapons u should have a captcha and when buyin weapons but somethin like attack and spy who needs a captcha?

xAre
25th August 2008, 05:41 AM
the captchas in koc is already cracked and they been cracked for hmm, 5 (?) ages now as they havent changed the captcha since age 5 (4??)...

also, I see the idea, and I can support it as I hate captchas, even though, it takes away a little of the game in the sell catching part.. like in roc, where sell catching is impossible as you get 100% and it takes you a maximum of 1sec to bank it afterwords.. where's the fun in that.. you need the frustration of the captcha.. :)

Exactly what I were thinking. Nice one :p

chaosxemperor
25th August 2008, 06:30 PM

Well, taking out the capchas would make it so that a script noob (not even a kiddy) would be able to set up a macro and go sleep.

Pinturicchio
26th August 2008, 04:06 PM
Well, taking out the capchas would make it so that a script noob (not even a kiddy) would be able to set up a macro and go sleep.

I dont see anyone ever saying taking out the captchas.. the idea posted by Eddy was to replace it with a single number like roc has... l2read

RoHaLoVeR
26th August 2008, 04:22 PM
Nah I for some reason think KoC differentiates itself due to its captcha's, it generally gives more "challenge" to the whole gameplay (even when reconning, cause by the time you reconned someone's DA, the gold may be already gone, or by the time you typed in the captcha's on the attack page, mistyped, pressed on the attack button in a hurry, the gold is already gone, you become frustrated, the other side gets frustrated, he sabbs you, you sabb him, he chains you, your chain chains him, another war, etc. :P).

Replacing captcha's by numbers would be like RoC, and I very much dislike the numbers in RoC cause its gameplay is like, just pressing on some buttons, if you know what I mean ... :P

Eddy
27th August 2008, 04:15 AM
Nah I for some reason think KoC differentiates itself due to its captcha's, it generally gives more "challenge" to the whole gameplay (even when reconning, cause by the time you reconned someone's DA, the gold may be already gone, or by the time you typed in the captcha's on the attack page, mistyped, pressed on the attack button in a hurry, the gold is already gone, you become frustrated, the other side gets frustrated, he sabbs you, you sabb him, he chains you, your chain chains him, another war, etc. :P).

Replacing captcha's by numbers would be like RoC, and I very much dislike the numbers in RoC cause its gameplay is like, just pressing on some buttons, if you know what I mean ... :P

No i don't, this is riddiculous.

Eddy
31st August 2008, 03:03 AM
atleast remove the text captchas when attacking and spying

HoMiCiD3
31st August 2008, 03:39 AM
kills the whole sell catching experience, takes away the excitement of trying to beat the spender or the guy who is meant to get the sell.

R3venge
31st August 2008, 09:47 AM
KoC = Captchas, a big portion of the time spent playing the game your filling them out, it wouldn't be the same with out them. If you want 1 click captchas go play RoC.

HoMiCiD3
31st August 2008, 11:32 AM
oh wait u can't server is down again :badger_2:

xAre
31st August 2008, 06:32 PM

You nailed it right on the head. Nice.

oh wait u can't server is down again :badger_2:

BUUURN

TeePaynE
19th October 2008, 08:51 PM
KoC = Captchas, a big portion of the time spent playing the game your filling them out, it wouldn't be the same with out them. If you want 1 click captchas go play RoC.

I like the captchas better in RoC but still prefer KoC