PDA

View Full Version : Sabbing

Alcoponette
22nd August 2008, 05:55 PM
OK Im totally had a freaking loss of information. Say I sab Bob and actually get through but to sab Bob (random name) I send 5 spies and a spy or several are killed by Bob BUT I SUCCESSFULLY SAB WHAT I SET OUT TO SAB does Bob see in his intel that I sabbed him (because the one or several were killed)>> I know Im a DA?

Also What about the ones that are two slow ARENT caught but "are Heros"

Once again Im only asking about sabs that say they (on my end) are successful.

:badger: <--BOB

diablo_JD
22nd August 2008, 09:33 PM
I believe they don't get listed.

gellybest
15th September 2008, 01:42 AM
Error
You cannot recon the devil. Try somebody with a less evil rank.

LebaneseSilverWings
15th September 2008, 06:58 AM
Bob is dead :(

devilmaycare1
17th September 2008, 10:22 AM
constructive answers all, but i will put in my two cents anyway... There is no intel report even though your spies die. I was told that "the spies died without telling who they worked for" by someone who would know. This doesnt explain, however, why there would not be a report. Sure, you might not know who sabbed you, but if you caught and killed some spies, you would at least know that a sabbing occurred. So logic dictates that there would be a report but there isnt. It is really a mystery why the cant fix it so that there are only casualties on failed missions (or, if the fix is simple, why they would not want to implement it...). Same deal for recons and sabs.

:heart:

elfmare
17th September 2008, 12:31 PM
yes, they will see the amount that you sent in but they will not say how much you got or if you got anything, its a guess on most part that if you sent 5 in and 2 got caught the two spys depending on your covert level and the amount of weapons you sabbed, say like 11 DB's, you would just sell those and rebuy.
so Yes, they would know that you sent spys, No they wont know if it was effective.

RichOahu_ES
17th September 2008, 04:16 PM
yes, they will see the amount that you sent in but they will not say how much you got or if you got anything, its a guess on most part that if you sent 5 in and 2 got caught the two spys depending on your covert level and the amount of weapons you sabbed, say like 11 DB's, you would just sell those and rebuy.
so Yes, they would know that you sent spys, No they wont know if it was effective.

this is incorect. ^^

lets say you do a recon, you get in, see some stats, but some men die. they will NOT know you reconed them.

if you try a recon and get a screen that says you FAILED and some spies died, then they know.

now for sabbing. most of the time you are only going to be trying with one spy, unless you are sabbing high lvl people, or if you are sabbing spy/sentry tools.

if you sab, and it says such and such number of tools WERE destroyed/sabbed, they will NOT KNOW YOU DID IT. however if it says you were unable, then they see it.

so, if you get in, spies die, they don't know. if you don't get in at ANYTIME spies die or not, they know.

as devilmaycare said, it doesn't make "sense" but thats how it is. dead bodies around, but they don't know an attempt was made........

hope that helps.

Disturbing
17th September 2008, 11:35 PM
Maybe the spies that died were super creative and pretended to be drunks who got lost?

Cromat
19th September 2008, 09:57 AM
Maybe the spies that died were super creative and pretended to be drunks who got lost?

but then why can't single spies that fail and die do the same?

Disturbing
19th September 2008, 05:17 PM
Because that's the way the game was programmed.