PDA

View Full Version : Lower ranks gettin sabbed by top rankers?

SonOfSam
9th August 2008, 01:52 AM
I would like to know if the Top rankers (eg: 100#) can sab a Low ranker (eg: 3000#) or are there rules that dont let this happen?

See if anyone in my alliance farms (offline) someone from a 'big' alliance, there seems to be a crap load of 'sab' threats coming my way. Lol this is quite amusing for me as I am quite noob at KOC, but I believe there should be something to prevent lower rankers from getting bullied from the 'big' alliances and let it be settled between the players involved.

Just thought there should be a KOC rule that u cant sab a person who is (lets say) less than rank 500 below u or something like that?

:noidea:

Paradiso
9th August 2008, 02:28 AM
When a person's spy rating is much, much higher than the sentry of a low-ranked player, they'll have an extremely small chance of success even though they should be able to succeed with ease. People have dubbed this "noob protection", it protects new players from getting obliterated by Page 1-ers

Interceptor428
9th August 2008, 02:29 AM
yea, someone with an obscenely high spy ranking will find it nigh on impossible to sab someone with a low spy ranking...... hence why there are people with hundreds of IS's who have few sentries and dont get sabbed..... tho a well organised effort would do the trick

Decapitated_Da_Bomb
9th August 2008, 03:13 AM
To your point that if you couldn't sab people more than 500 ranks below there would be a lot more slayers rank hiding and farming top page people as the slayers would rank in the 3000's and the rankers on the top few pages couldn't do anything except complain to their crappy officers around the same rank to sab the slayer.

SonOfSam
9th August 2008, 05:44 AM
When a person's spy rating is much, much higher than the sentry of a low-ranked player, they'll have an extremely small chance of success even though they should be able to succeed with ease. People have dubbed this "noob protection", it protects new players from getting obliterated by Page 1-ers

So whats the rule in the game? If u are low ranked, u cant be sabbed by a high rank player even if u have very little sentry? I haven't seen anything like that in the game guides... or is it something they forgot to mention?

ThirtySeven
9th August 2008, 05:54 AM
So whats the rule in the game? If u are low ranked, u cant be sabbed by a high rank player even if u have very little sentry? I haven't seen anything like that in the game guides... or is it something they forgot to mention?

You can be sabbed by anyone (except when spy rating is 0). It's just that the top 50 do not get a success-rate close to 100% on someone with 0.00001% of their spy.

HoMiCiD3
9th August 2008, 07:19 AM

or some noob slayer that just buys sa and farms for shit gold.

LordCounter
9th August 2008, 07:59 AM
Sentry Rating 0 vs Spy Rating 35,050,496

Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 1 spies to attempt to sabotage 1 of Drucella's weapons of type Lance.

Your spies are spotted inside Drucella's armory while they are attempting their sabotoge. In order to evade capture, your spies were forced to flee. Fortunately your spies are very sneaky, and many of them return safely ... 1 are caught, interrogated, and executed.

You lose

* 1 of Nunchaku

well that should just about confirm it :p

Shane-
9th August 2008, 09:18 AM
You can lose 0.1% of your armory per sab attempt, Per sab turn...

You can use 5 sab turns per sab attempt...

Aka; You can lose 0.5% of your armory per attemp

This is set on gold value, So if you have 201 BPM gold value (170,850,000), You can lose 1 BPM (850,000) as 0.5% of 175m is 854,250

^ That upbove, Explains "real" n00b protection

On other notes, High spy vs Low sentry has a really poor success rate, But it is still possible for them to sab you, Just means that they have to spend more time trying, But evenly they will get an good sab attemp...

But: Your wrorried about the wrong people

See if anyone in my alliance farms (offline) someone from a 'big' alliance, there seems to be a crap load of 'sab' threats coming my way
If you farm a RF memember, It isnt just warndeathnstuff you will see in your logs, They will post a war order on you on they forums, And they will have members of all ranges active that will read that, And then sab you... So either way, Weather your sentry is high or low, A big alliance will have members that are close to your range that will be able to sab you without any problems

Want to avade sabs, Then keep your accounts value under 170m, But still then you risk getting your chain sabbed.

Shane

Lil_Wolfy
9th August 2008, 10:15 AM
Want to avade sabs, Then keep your accounts value under 170m, But still then you risk getting your chain sabbed.

Shane

Aint gonna get very far in the game if you remain under 170m all age long =/

Besides he can still get sabbed, just not for BPM or IS

Interceptor428
9th August 2008, 11:51 AM
want to avoid getting sabbed? DO NOT upset people!

Decapitated_Da_Bomb
9th August 2008, 04:20 PM
Aint gonna get very far in the game if you remain under 170m all age long =/

Besides he can still get sabbed, just not for BPM or IS

Nobody would stay under that for that long though. If you are a couple months into the age, you will be hitting for at least a couple mil, so even if they sab 1 or 2 BPM's, you will probably be attacking for the amount of gold that will buy you back twice what was sabbed by one person. If you are chain sabbed it is a different story.

HoMiCiD3
9th August 2008, 11:02 PM
if you wanna avoid getting sabbed don't be a noob, play proper and make people fear u :P

IRGRL
10th August 2008, 06:09 AM
i find this funny being they changed the game completly so that sabbers do not have the advantage and yet people still bitch lol
id follow the advice from above and just dont piss off people so much higher ranked then u :P

LordCounter
10th August 2008, 08:34 AM
lol sabbing sucks pretty bad

the bigger you are the harder you fall thats pretty much it.
impossible to retaliate vs small sabbers

Vengeful_Assasin
11th August 2008, 03:06 AM
if you wanna avoid getting sabbed don't be a noob, play proper and make people fear u :P

the best way is to play like JOOX (http://www.kingsofchaos.com/age9_final_stats.php?jump=&search_type=s&search=JOOX). maybe in the next competition you will win a wii. Some will sab you just because your name doesn't sounds good or your AA is sounds funny or because you have some sticks or they just feel like sabbing.

SonOfSam
11th August 2008, 05:42 AM
the best way is to play like JOOX (http://www.kingsofchaos.com/age9_final_stats.php?jump=&search_type=s&search=JOOX). maybe in the next competition you will win a wii. Some will sab you just because your name doesn't sounds good or your AA is sounds funny or because you have some sticks or they just feel like sabbing.

Actually the most I've been sabbed is in Age 9 for 15 knives lol. Pretty funny really, I guess its better to be on the lower ranks initially than rank up too fast and get sabbed to oblivion.