PDA

View Full Version : Auto-Refreshers

Catdy1
24th July 2008, 07:03 AM
I was jsut wondering if you have a program to auto-refresh your Command Center if it was against the rules.

Trekie4ever
24th July 2008, 07:18 AM
Yes it is. Your account would be banned if you were suspected of using an AR. There's no point to them. I used one at the beginning of last age and all that ends up happening is people online you. Someone with a spy that can see your gold will just sit and wait and hit you even when you truly are on your comp.

Don't use them.

R3venge
24th July 2008, 09:27 AM
There only a bit useful if you have a very high sentry, so players looking for gold may not recon you to find your gold because they think your online. Apart from that though there pretty useless and illegal.

Trekie4ever
24th July 2008, 10:13 AM
Lol, since I'm on a lot, I see who is online more than what I'd consider normal. One person caught my eye, but recently that person has signed off. I like AR users cause you catch em with a lot of gold just sittin then you get a msg 3 hrs later "WHY'D YOU ONLINE ME?!?!"

xAre
28th July 2008, 05:49 AM
If you're going to use an AR you might as well use an AB :p

L0B0
28th July 2008, 10:17 AM
Why should AR be illegal if clickers are legal and you show like online, while you're clicking and not really browsing game pages?

These whole stuff should be equally permitted or not, but equally...

R3venge
28th July 2008, 12:13 PM
Why should AR be illegal if clickers are legal and you show like online, while you're clicking and not really browsing game pages?

Clicking means you are on your account, spending time on it and logged in so you are actually there. An auto refresher you are not at your computer so not playing.

INFERNO.
29th July 2008, 10:30 AM
Yes, I've notice 3 accounts at least, big ones, being online 24/7.While I go to sleep other with different GMT controls them and guess what? ONLINE ^^

R1DD1CK
30th July 2008, 05:13 PM
May I ask why they are banned?

AngelOfWildDog
30th July 2008, 09:29 PM
The main reason for banning Auto Refreshers is that they refresh the page which violates this rule "Repeatedly refreshing pages with our without the intention to slow the server."

As you can find in the "help" link at the top of any KoC page:

The following are prohibited:

Posting links in the Kings of Chaos chat or Kings of Chaos forums
Attempting to cause harm to the any of the Kings of Chaos servers
Registering or having control of more than one account
Sharing passwords with other people and logging into accounts that are not yours
Posting your link in chat rooms, newsgroups, message boards, or forums unless it is explicitly allowed by the owner/operator of the chat room, newsgroup, message board, forum, etc..
Sending your link to people you do not know
Posting your link on a forum where it is against that forum's policies or off-topic
Repeatedly refreshing pages with our without the intention to slow the server
Registering an email address that is not yours
Registering more than one account
Sending your link to an e-mail reflector or list or a USENET group
Advertising through PM or any other method
Using any process which enables clicking of a unique link more than five times per day by the same person
Downloading any part of the Kings of Chaos website with any piece of software other than a web browser
Using any process that automatically gets information from the website
Attempting in any way to circumvent the mechanisms set up to keep Kings of Chaos fair

KyleCias
7th August 2008, 11:30 AM
do not use auto refresher
I dont know for IE but for FF there is add ons. which refreshes the window so it keeps the player online.

its kinda use against online hits. but its ilegal.

dont use it

forget about it.

simple.

ThomasA
7th August 2008, 12:40 PM
Apart from it being against the rules, there is really no point to them. People will still steal your gold whether you are online or not. More so if they suspect you are cheating.

I suppose it could also be said that you are gaining an unfair advantage.

I have wondered about the refreshing rule, as when you are clicking or browsing the battlefield, attacking, spying sabbing etc, you can be refreshing pages.

Vengeful_Assasin
7th August 2008, 07:33 PM
i love users with auto refresher they always give you a good gold. I'm always stalking two player already. don't know if they have AR but i'm sure they are not spending their gold.

xAre
7th August 2008, 07:59 PM

gb2school.

That should give you the answer.

Scooter
8th August 2008, 11:38 AM
ARs are for the weak. Either tough it out and get less sleep by waking up to bank/stay up later or lose your gold. People that make it a point to bank 95% of their gold should be rewarded for it, not someone that uses a program to refresh their page for them.

Gameshark07
14th August 2008, 12:45 AM
no one still has given a valid reason why they aren't worth experimenting with, and also i'm confident i could make one that not only visited random koc pages, but did it at random times within 5-8 minutes o.0 then how would anyone be able to differ? also, "they will just online you" O_o like they would if you were offline?? meaning it's a risk that MIGHT work?? yeah, i say worth looking into, and a stupid rule to have alltogether, uinless it became en epidemic and actually slowed the server... but HEY wait!! ddnt koc used to have like 4x the amount of players???? and an auto refresher doesnt have to do it every second, it can be minutes apart meaning not bad traffic for the server.

Paradiso
14th August 2008, 12:58 AM
autorefreshers are a myth, people just stay on 24/7 for weeks at a time not banking their gold as a strategy o_O

AR is outdated anyway, the new thing is remote desktop banking each other

chaosxemperor
14th August 2008, 07:08 AM
no one still has given a valid reason why they aren't worth experimenting with, and also i'm confident i could make one that not only visited random koc pages, but did it at random times within 5-8 minutes o.0 then how would anyone be able to differ? also, "they will just online you" O_o like they would if you were offline?? meaning it's a risk that MIGHT work?? yeah, i say worth looking into, and a stupid rule to have alltogether, uinless it became en epidemic and actually slowed the server... but HEY wait!! ddnt koc used to have like 4x the amount of players???? and an auto refresher doesnt have to do it every second, it can be minutes apart meaning not bad traffic for the server.
It's a stupid rule? Not really. Basically it takes what little skill (or amnesia) is in KoC and throws it out the window.
Now, all you do is
A) CLICK CLICK CLICK.
B) BUILD SPY!
C) Get onlin'd.
D) "Y u hit mah onlies-sab"
E) ???
F) Profit!

You're basically a former Rank 5 advocating cheating.
That's about it.

Iain
14th August 2008, 10:40 PM

I also believe they had 4x the amount of servers too ;)

Autorefresher meamns people are online all the time. Meaning other people wont hit because they believe them to be online,
Simple.

Oh, and it would only be one step away from saying "why not an ab or an aa/as?" KoC doesnt need those kind of tools, just play for god sake.

xAre
15th August 2008, 10:52 AM

It isnt hard to do that. Infact, you could have random pages every 00:01-14:59 :p Some of the AR people use are like that, but most of them use just normal refresher addons for firefox (or similar).

And it is detectable...

Lord_Skummel
15th August 2008, 10:57 AM
only time i remember useing an AR is when i tried competing with a clansmate on how long we coud stay online. but it's been a while

ThomasA
15th August 2008, 11:02 AM
Even just loading random pages without buying anything will look suspicious. People will see your gold building up on the battlefield + notice your excessive online time.