PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Fable

Pages : [1] 2

Dari
5th September 2004, 05:37 PM
Seven years in the making, almost unlimited possibilites and outcomes for every player. Unqiue personalites are dumped upon every character and attitudes of the player make and break the story. GOd damn I want this game. Badly...

White_Hindu
5th September 2004, 05:57 PM
Frankly I don't think there is much to discuss about the game considering the shroud of secrecy around it. 10 days till it comes out, then everyone can discuss all they want about it.

False Prophet
5th September 2004, 07:03 PM
read ign.com reviews, much of the innovative things in the game (ie, trees aging..multiple townsperson skins, multiplayer) were stripped..and the max gaming hours of it is 10-20 apposed to kotors 20-40.

and the endings are identical evil or good, and you have to start over if you fail a quest..not just lose renown..

It saddens me Ive waited all this time for a crappy game. they just promised too much to deliver.

The only unique thing left to it is its character customization..

BLORTH
5th September 2004, 08:10 PM
Fuck. 10 days? Well, I cannot wait.

Even False Prophet's...prophecy makes me want it still.

The Truth
5th September 2004, 10:48 PM
I am almost sick of talking about this game.

I just need to play it... now!

Stop teasing us, Molyneux! This game had better be worth the wait!

Dari
5th September 2004, 11:44 PM
Ten days? That's all that's left? Shit. I didn't know that.

ArchedEdge
6th September 2004, 12:39 AM
read ign.com reviews, much of the innovative things in the game (ie, trees aging..multiple townsperson skins, multiplayer) were stripped..and the max gaming hours of it is 10-20 apposed to kotors 20-40.

and the endings are identical evil or good, and you have to start over if you fail a quest..not just lose renown..

It saddens me Ive waited all this time for a crappy game. they just promised too much to deliver.

The only unique thing left to it is its character customization..

1. KOTOR was completable in 30 hours tops even if you did all the sidequests availible, give or take one or two. At least i did.

2. max gaming hours are 20-30, but if you include sidequests, you get about 50 or so hours out of it.

3. Customization isn't brilliant anymore.

4. KOTOR is a better RPG but Fable is definitrly worth buying.

elay
6th September 2004, 09:19 AM
KOTOR and Fable can't really be compared on anything except story line and graphics. They are such different games. One is a turn based, DnD game that follows party-based combat rules and has a very linear story line with 4 total options to play with (Dark Male Jedi, Femal Jedi, etc.)

Fable on the other hand, is something like Morrowind from what I've read. It has a basic storyline but numerous ways to accomplish it. KOTOR touched on this in some parts, but not enough to classify it as a non-linear game.

The one feature I do see between them in retrospect is the physical altercation of the main character depending on choices made in them game.

It's my guess that Fable will win out in gameplay just for the sheer options of things to do, much like why I still play Morrowind even though I know and have beaten the story many times. I like the idea of being able to smite an entire village like in Morrowind, just for a challenge.

ArchedEdge
6th September 2004, 09:23 AM
You can do that in Fable, but Morrowind has much more freedom and character customization if i'm not wrong. But Fable is still a enjoyable game and worth it.

Kracker
6th September 2004, 09:37 AM
Im going to get it just to get lots of scars and be evil. It will be great, being some evil guy with more scars no him than cheese at a cheese scarring competition.
And Im guessing you can raise a family etc.?

ArchedEdge
6th September 2004, 09:44 AM
Yeah, but not children methinks. But you can be nice in one village and bad in another. So obne village adores you for been good all the time and another village hates you.

Dari
6th September 2004, 11:23 AM
Well lets not compare Knights of the Old Republic to Fable. Because Knights of the Old Republic 2 is coming out soon as well. That's a more reason comparision then a year and half old game.

BLORTH
6th September 2004, 01:36 PM
KOTOR 2 should be good, yes. But yeah. Fable I'm really really banking on being a super good game, that'll give me a lot of playing time and will be enjoyable, but I haven't really even read up on it. I don't know how the battle system will be, but yeah. We'll see when it gets in the XBox. I like the fact that you'll have a reputation. It's just awesome like that.

Dari
6th September 2004, 03:54 PM
So...we have like about nine more days till its released?

Squidi
6th September 2004, 05:18 PM
I can't wait for Fable. it looks so super cool, I saw this thing on TV, even though it was for only like 5 minutes about Fable and the designers.... it looks SWEET!!!

False Prophet
6th September 2004, 08:20 PM
fable will pail to kotor2, but it should be a fairly dynamic game to play for a while. im just saying they stripped a lot of the 'grandest rpg of all time' out of the game.

Dari
11th September 2004, 10:13 AM
The only thing that bothers me is the whole two temple polar attracation anti-attracation thing. You have a temple for an evil god, and a temple for a good god. If you've been bad, you can go to the temple of the good god, and have your sins and wrong doings amended. That's gay in my opinion.

White_Hindu
11th September 2004, 10:18 AM
But that is how real religion works...

Dari
11th September 2004, 12:40 PM
Not for a game it should. Basically adding those temples to the game take away the effect of what your actions do in the game. Remember Fable is all about living with the consequences of your actions. But you can deal with those consequences if your getting everything taken off for some bad shit you did and don't want to deal with it.

Lemming
11th September 2004, 01:46 PM
kotor2 looks like more of a expansion set to me... The graphics look exactly the same.. there is more force powers... but its just a different storyline and different characters

BLORTH
11th September 2004, 03:06 PM
Well, that's basically what Star Wars is. Just different settings and different characters, in the same kind of world-area-joint. Fable won't be able to have a Fable 2 or anything like that, just because it's so unique. Who knows, I'll buy it in 4 days anyways.

MindFrame
11th September 2004, 03:58 PM
I really want to get Fable, It looks awesome. Im gonna end up an evil mage, mwahahahahahahha.

The Truth
12th September 2004, 07:44 AM
I think I will end up a good warrior. I know it is cliche, but you usually get the best bonuses that way. Plus, I like knowing I can walk up to bad guys and just stomp their faces in with a broadsword or an axe or something like that.

Dari
12th September 2004, 10:44 AM
I want to be a bad guy. So I can kill random villagers and take their shit. That has better bonuses then being a good guy.

ArchedEdge
12th September 2004, 12:29 PM
Or it could be like KOTOR and you would be limited to crud stuff while goodies get all the cool weapons and armour.

Lemming
12th September 2004, 12:34 PM
I hope not. I look forward to entering a village and seeing all the villagers cringe in fear of my awesome evilness.

False Prophet
13th September 2004, 02:26 PM
Tommorow is judgement day. :)

The Truth
13th September 2004, 03:48 PM
I am preordered and set to go.

ETA of Fable to "The Truth"'s estate: 8:00 PM EST.

Err... I don't think I'll be around tomorrow night on GUA.

Squidi
14th September 2004, 04:38 PM
Who's seen the comercials for the game? Where this kid is on a sunway......? The commercial is cool, the game is gonna be cool. As for me, I'm gonna first be an evil bastard who kills everyone. Then when I replay the game, should I choose to, I will play as a good person who protects the innocent and steals from the rich and gives to the poor. he will be called Robin hood. lol.

Loki Seijuro
14th September 2004, 05:23 PM
Hey..if someone has it, tell us how it is. I'm thinking about getting it and I want some input...even though I'll still buy it no matter what you say.

False Prophet
14th September 2004, 07:55 PM
I bought it today, and have gotten fairly far into it with only four hours of play..fully adult evil demon, my title is assassin and I'm robed in black death leather. although, I must say..even if you are satan reincarnate..if you are bald, the ladies love you (no sarcasm..)

i wield a flame axe and some sort of bow..the game is very in-depth and fun, my only disappointment is I have to find the hairstyles..all of the starter ones are very gay looking..

Splat
14th September 2004, 08:05 PM
I have it reserved, picking it up tommorrow on the way back from school. Gah, the wait is killing me.

White_Hindu
14th September 2004, 09:54 PM
I have the game, it is INCREDIBLY FUN and I advise anyone who has even thought about Fable to buy it immediately. I'm playing as I type...

False Prophet
15th September 2004, 07:10 PM
I got a wife and max upgraded house, she lives with me..but I can't figure out how to pork her.

any suggestions to the ones who pre-ordered at gamestop (got it on the 14th)

The Truth
15th September 2004, 07:11 PM
Picked it up and played a little tonight.

Great game. Really big fan of it; I am not sure which type of character I am going to use. I am thinking probably a warrior with a little magic.

If you are good with magic, do your archery skills become irrelevant?

False Prophet
15th September 2004, 07:24 PM
No, I find magic to be useless imo. I'm a archer, start to finish. archery is basically a ranged melee, it does roughly 75% of your max normal melee damage. magic does much less until the upper tier spells.

also, if you use magic you age MUCH quicker. but it has to be constant use (ie..a magic-only character or heavily based magic-warrior)

I use assassin rush and beserker, with archery and focus my experiance into agility skills..I'm going for a archer/assassin character.

Your hands will hate you at the end of the game if you're archer though, roughly half a second reload time and the vibration + rapid shots are killer on your thumbs.

I have a deep crease in my right thumb from holding X for eight hours

The Truth
15th September 2004, 07:30 PM
I dunno... magic looks really cool. I think all three options look like fun.

Perhaps I'll just be a straight up warrior. A little vanilla, perhaps, but always fun. My Diablo Characters were always Barbarians. I just hate parting with Brute Strength.

White_Hindu
16th September 2004, 12:08 PM
I started by being evil, but it just seemed too cruel so I restarted as a light melee character. I'm making sure not to eat a lot so I stay thin, as I think it looks really cool to be a skinny guy with a giant axe. I also noticed that magic is pretty much useless, the only good magic spell is 'drain life' where you cause damage and take the enemies HP, but it is rather hard to target specific people with drain life. For instance, if I used it near villagers, it would take health from the enemies and the villagers. It is also an evil spell, so now I'm avoiding magic and just going with melee. Right now I think my physique and toughness are level 4 and my health is level 5.

My appearance is quite cool, I just got a normal haircut so I look pretty cool, but I added muttonchops as a beard, and now everywhere I go all the bitches love me(but I don't appease them as I think you have to be married in order to have sex and wedding rings are SPENSIVE).

As for trying to choose what skills to use, melee combat seems to be the most useful, considering you can only get higher level magic if you grind and grind on low level monsters, and even then if any get close to you, if you don't have a multi-target magic, you can only hit one at a time still. With melee, you can hit everything in the arc of your swing, and if you use a particularly large weapon(I use a battle axe) you can hit even more.

The game is fun, but I don't see a non-linear storyline so far, so I don't know what they mean by playing a different game every time.

BTW I changed my title in the game from Chicken Chaser to Liberator. I was seriously contemplating the title Arseface, however.

The Truth
16th September 2004, 12:33 PM
I JUST started the game and really don't have a lot of time to play. I love the archery stuff, I got a headshot last night that completely Pwn3d some bandit. His head was gone and a stream of blood shot up from his neck.

I will probably be a melee warrior and get a few of the other weak skills of the other characters.

Dari
16th September 2004, 06:22 PM
It should've been like the Knights of the Old Republic commerical, blue saber was light, red was darkness. That was awesomeness. In any case, I haven't seen the Fable commerical yet. But I'm getting the damn thing tommorrow.

False Prophet
16th September 2004, 07:20 PM
To put it simply, its a medival based kotor. linear story line, fairly enjoyable gameplay

I was let down by the story, but the AWESOMEOMFGFUKMEPLZ graphics and gameplay hold this baby up pretty well. Don't hold your breathe though, it won't set new standards in RPGs.

White_Hindu
17th September 2004, 07:16 AM
The thing that impresses me about it is that I absolutely despised Morrowind, but I absolutely love Fable. Fable Combat=uber.

The Truth
17th September 2004, 07:23 AM
I loved Morrowind in the freedom it allowed you, but the combat blew.

I love Fable's combat. Sniping people with the arrow shot to the head is just unbelievable. SO much fun.

Anubis
17th September 2004, 08:59 PM
Fable makes me want to cry. I swear, all that time and they make people look like cartoon Goldeneye cartoon characters with Donkey Kong mode turned on. Then there's the horrific save feature. The "Hero Save", something that supposedly saves items, experience, etc. Well, I hero saved as an adult and started off right when you start at the guild. Guess what that means? So far, it means I get the gold I ended with before the save! Yet it also means that thanks to their beautiful foresight into this already-shitty feature, I have no experience nor any items. And I had a lot of experience and items.

So from the bottom of my heart, after already getting let down by Bethesda, I say unto you, oh makers of Fable:

Fuck You

I was planning to get a review in on this, but if their fucked up save feature requires me to do everything over again as if it were a rerun of Terrak'Lina, then I'll never finish since I can't finish entire quests in one sitting, and thus they will get a shitty review, unfortunately.

White_Hindu
18th September 2004, 01:40 AM
I've got an idea for you. Instead of saving everywhere you go, spend like 3 hours doing some hardcore levelups, then beat the game in one sitting(trust me, I just beat it in 12 hours) since it is incredibly short and INCREDIBLY easy. By easy, I mean you get 9 resurrection phials, but you should be surprised if you use one. All I really had to do in the game was get my physique to level 7, and I was able to get through the rest of the game with ease.

Anubis
18th September 2004, 07:58 AM
That's what I figured, but I wanted to get done with it eventually, since I'm not nearly any hardcore gamer unless James Bond or Master Chief is involved.

Apparently the Hero Save got changed to a World Save, meaning I'd have to go back to childhood and keep doing stuff... the only problem is that the only things to shoot are birds and junk that just take way too long.

What I'm thinking is this: Start in the guild, do the training, kill the beetles, save, restart, rinse and repeat.
EDIT:That and do the other things, of course. Like get the resurrection things. Problem is, one thing I don't get back is my Katana. It just dissappears.

False Prophet
18th September 2004, 10:59 AM
Hero save is during a active quest, saving only your character related information. world save saves your completed quest, world information (ie, how many civilians you've killed) your experiance, and items.

Finish a quest and world save..turn off xbox, and do your business. If you can't honestly complete a 1 quest in a 12 hour game in one sitting, you should stick to less complicated games.

White_Hindu
18th September 2004, 12:01 PM
You don't really have to level up as a child. I found that I could do most of the missions with one or two boasts(mainly the naked ones), and then once I get to the Hobbe Cave I can level up pretty good there for a few hours or until you get bored. Then, you have lots of money and you should buy good weapons(melee mainly, because ranged isn't fast enough). Once you get through Darkwood to the Barrow Fields, you should go to Grey House and level up there fighting zombies(It is probably keen to have silver augmentation on your weapon at this point, but you may not have it. Until you are confident, fight hobbes).

I got to Master Physique, pulled the sword Harbinger from the stone at the temple of AVO, then I could kill everything incredibly quickly. I basically went from there to beat the game within 3 hours of that point. Now all I can do is max out my character and die of old age. Short game, I'm slightly disappointed.

Anubis
18th September 2004, 01:07 PM
Oh... I thought there weren't any Hero Saves after the whole training thing, as it got replaced by World Save... I guess I was wrong. Though I must admit, it didn't hurt... I was pretty bad with archery, but after going through the training a few times I've got archery enough to hit the back dummy every time.

White_Hindu
18th September 2004, 01:35 PM
Heh, I didn't even think you needed a high skill to hit the back dummy. If you use knowledge from Quake, you learn to lead off on the back dummy. In an archery competition, I can get over 400 in a minute. The only real thing I used to level up my skill tree was general EXP which I can get superfast now thanks to an EXP augmentation on my Master Greatsword.

That thing is at 238 damage, with a sharpness aug, a piercing aug, and now the EXP aug. The only downside is it is slower than the Harbinger, which still has 198 damage and the same augmentations except no EXP aug. I was able to beat the game so quickly when I realized that it was your strength tree that makes it a lot easier. I still only have lightning 1, I am starting to raise my Mana limit now that everything else is maxed out, so when the time comes to level my magic I can use lightning for a long time before recharging. I don't even know if I can get Drain Life as my alignment is maxed on the light end.

Anubis
18th September 2004, 01:43 PM
I didn't upgrade skill, I just got better at shooting. The thing moves side to side, and it took a few times to get my own accuracy right. Obviously you have to lead off, but it takes a bit to get the feel of it.

I think I'm buying the game (I have Blockbuster right now). Right now I think I'm doing super warrior first time around, then next time, once I have a better feel of the game, I'll go big on spells and evil shit. Maybe I'll go assassin afterwards or before the evil magician, or stick a good guy in-between if I feel like it.

Lemming
19th September 2004, 06:41 PM
Does anyone know if its possible to get a rock troll with your summoning spell when your summoned guy kills it?

White_Hindu
19th September 2004, 06:52 PM
I wasn't good with summon because it kept bringing out wasps, but I suppose if it works for some people, it should work for all of them. You should kill a Kraken with your summon, that way you can own everything in the game moreso than you can by yourself.

The Truth
19th September 2004, 07:59 PM
**Minor Spoilers Within, Be Warned**

So far I haven't had a lot of time to play, but I have gotten probably halfway through the game. My character is a pretty strong swordsman. I can't find the graves in Oakdale to dig up where the ghost pirate told me to go. I also didn't finish the Hobbes Quest successfully, and that made me very sad.

Probably the most fun quest thus far was Bandit Camp. It was just fucking awesome to snipe those bandits with my crossbow. I'm with you Hindu, it is a very fun game, but not phenomenal.

Dari
20th September 2004, 01:19 PM
I accidently started another fight with Twinblade, for some unknown or accidental reason. I couldn't hear him over the fucking roar of the other fucking bandits. So I had to fight him again and kill at least 30 bandits.

Anubis
20th September 2004, 05:46 PM
For the Summon, I haven't gotten it, but it seems that once your summon kills another creature, it takes the form of that creature... or something strange like that.

Accidentally? Oh well... he wasn't that hard, just roll out of his way unti his gets his blades stuck, then nail him from behind.

Truth, there's a special area for that, the Oakdale Memorial, off of the main Oakdale place.

Also, some parts of this game are screwy, and the creators should get kicked in the balls for not having bits of common sense after the years and years they were making the game. Like one place, you have to get to a trader and get him to some bandits who want him. Apparently, he's guarded by around 20 guards in the middle of nowhere, which makes no sense. Not only that, but once you get to the trader, apparently all of the continent instantly found out, and dozens of guards start appearing randomly. To top it all off, every single one of these guards will be kamikaze, and despite the fact that you are the one that is about to end their lives, they all recklessly throw themselves or snipe at the weak trader. Quest over.

Great game, but as with Morrowind, the creators are just stupid when it comes to some stuff.

Then, there is a weapon that becomes available at a shop, called Solus. Apparently it's some kickass longsword with a few augmentations, one of them being Health, a thing that regenerates your health when you wield the sword. Oddly enough, while the sword costs roughly 70k Gold, the health augmentation alone, in a shop, costs around 45k Gold. Which is just ridiculous.

Right now I'm trying to figure out why the hell I can't get the last level of Berserk. I have the experience, but I guess it's "locked" or something, with no indication as to why, how, anything.

White_Hindu
20th September 2004, 06:14 PM
Haha, I bought the Solus blade. It has HP regeneration(I found an exploit that I will put in spoiler tags below).

If you buy a home and then put trophies in it, you can sell it for more than you paid for it, then when someone owns the house, break in, steal the trophies, and buy the house for less money(net 5000) then wash, rinse, and repeat.

Anubis
20th September 2004, 06:38 PM
That's not an exploit... it's just premeditated theft. Not much point to regeneration when you're getting health pots from corpses quicker than you could possibly lose health... garrrrrr, those maxed out Strength stats are worth it for a mighty warrior!

White_Hindu
20th September 2004, 06:42 PM
I am all maxed out on combat and skill except for accuracy 7. I have lightning 3 I think and now that I live forever in the game thanks to lots of money to the Avo temple, I can use magic all I want because I will never get old.

Anubis
20th September 2004, 07:20 PM
Their system is skewed. It's far too easy to max out single areas, and the more you advance in the game, the more you realize that your character isn't specialized, but will inevitably end up being nearly anything.

You can live forever in the game anyways, although the Avo temple does make you look younger.

Lemming
20th September 2004, 08:04 PM
I wish the zombies still spawned in the graveyard. Zombie spawns every second + enflame = Mass experience.

But yeah.. I wanted to become an all will user.. but now I have lots in all.

Anubis
20th September 2004, 08:13 PM
Exactly. There's absolutely no specialization, and thus the only difference in characters is really just alignment and, to a small degree, equipment choice.

White_Hindu
20th September 2004, 08:22 PM
That is true, but I think the game has more than one ending. I should try unlocking every picture in the chamber of fate. That way, it will seem as if I did more in the game(does anyone know if you can indefinitely get tortured until the wall is covered in torture paintings?).

Anubis
20th September 2004, 08:37 PM
Shhhhh..... put those in spoiler tags, maybe with a clue as to when in the game stuff like that happens. I think it's the same painting of torture every time.

Is it possible to return to the arena after you're done with it?

Lemming
20th September 2004, 09:31 PM
I tried but it wouldn't let me in :( In my opinion, that was one of the best parts in the game.

btw. What pictures in the chamber of fate?

Anubis
21st September 2004, 04:35 AM
It's suckery, especially considering one of the best sellers is in there.

Pictures:
The pictures that are painted in the room. The ones that show your story, that you see in some cutscenes.

Dabomsa666
21st September 2004, 09:50 AM
I've played this game and I would give two thumbs up for it. The graphics are good, the sound and music is better than a lot of other games and the controls respond pretty good. The camera though can be a pain sometimes, but other than that, it's a really fun game for gamers.

shemeshan
22nd September 2004, 12:28 PM
How old can you get in the game?
I have been playing for 12 hr and I am 61.
Why am i an old man already.
I did not notice the difference because I had a helmet on for 8hr of the game.

White_Hindu
22nd September 2004, 12:43 PM
If you use magic, you age faster. Just donate 80001 gold to the temple of Avo and you will stay young forever.

The Truth
22nd September 2004, 12:56 PM
Hindu, you are making me jealous with your mastery of the game. All told I have probably spent ten hours playing so far, and have tried to be thorough.

I purchased a house and rented it out; how often do I "collect"?

Is it worth the upgrades?

The real estate facet of the game fascinates me.

White_Hindu
22nd September 2004, 01:07 PM
I have a trick to make infinite money from buying and selling houses in this thread. Eventually money will be no object to you in the game, so you might as well upgrade the house. My house in Horn Coast(??) sells for 60000, while I buy it for 55000. Infinite money if you have the right trophies in the house(I use Jack's mask and my Champion seal). Just look in the thread and you can see the strategy.

Anubis
22nd September 2004, 06:38 PM
How old can you get in the game?
65 I believe.

I have been playing for 12 hr and I am 61.
In this game, 12 hours is a lot. Additionally, every ability you acquire ages your character, and certain plot points also age your character.

White Hindu's certainly right on that, but I prefer to use alternative methods to get money... such as, say, using the Hero Save effect on the Arena.

Right now I'm kind of upset, since I got all the silver keys and the sweet weapons in them weren't as good as my normal weapons: a Master Greataxe with awesome damage augmentations that I use a lot, and a sweet bow that I augmented with health regeneration, mana regeneration, and extra experience, since I only use the damned thing against things that fly and to nail those golems between the eyes.

Actually, that hints towards the fact that I only used those before I beat the game... what ticked me off the most was how the story crept up on you. Frankly, the short game wouldn't have mattered so much to me if the ending wasn't so rushed. I think I'll be writing a review on it, now that I think about it. But the later story is rushed, so... it would do everyone well to keep that in mind.

One thing though: What the hell's up with Berserk? Does it even have a fourth level? I haven't really played the game since I beat it, so maybe it becomes unlocked afterwards... I don't know.

Either way, the game isn't restrictive enough. My character was kickass enough with brute strength, but once I spent that experience on Charge and Slow Time... the game just completely lost its point. With the brutish approach and barely even thinking, I wiped out everything. And I mean everything that doesn't regenerate.

Saya
22nd September 2004, 06:58 PM
I'm so jealous of the Xbox people who are able to play Fable -.o' but anyway you are not able to play as a girl anywayz...right -.-?

White_Hindu
22nd September 2004, 08:39 PM
Correct, only men are allowed in Albion.

And Anubis--did you pull Harbinger from the stone yet? I used that thing to get through to game(now I have Solus and a boss master greatsword) because it is a lot faster than a hammer or greataxe(higher DPS). I'm saving up for more EXP augmentations so I can max my d00d.

I think I remember reading something in the will section about how you can't get certain spells based on your alignment.

Dari
23rd September 2004, 03:54 AM
My dood is scared like a mofo. :(

But damn, the Master Katana costs a shitload of money. :( I only have the Obsidian Katana with no augumentations. :'(

Anubis
23rd September 2004, 04:34 AM
I was thinking about it, but since I had incredible strength early on, I had to wait until my Strength and Toughness were maxed out... by the time that happened, I had my Master Greataxe, which is actually better. Most Master weapons are potentially better than Legendary ones; they have more augmentation slots. Plus my character was a brutish warrior, and a heavy great axe suits him well.

Certain spells are more difficult to get with certain alignments, as alignment-related spells have modifiers to the experience required. However, my character was evil, and the evil Berserker spell had a modifier that lowered the experience requirement. I do believe that there is no fourth level to it, or perhaps I have to do something else first. Either way, I'd need to actually buy the game and have it before I can check it all out.

Don't bother with other weapons... I never actually bought any non-Master weapons. You can find Obsidian and other weapons all over the place, while still saving your cash for the really good ones. You might have to rough it out for a while, but that merely builds your skill so that when you do get the better weapons, it's all easy riding from there.

In particular, aside from the extreme hype simply because they took so long, I'm not too fond of their previews and all that... hell, their main image of the character is one in which you can't even wear his clothes as they don't exist in the game. False advertising?

White_Hindu
23rd September 2004, 08:15 AM
All I bought was Solus and a Master Greatsword. Through the game I was using the obsidian Greataxe, then I switched to the obsidian Greathammer(awesome). Now I modded my greathammer with a Mana aug so I can use my master lightning to level up(around 9000 will EXP with one grey house run).

The Truth
23rd September 2004, 08:33 AM
My character is currently using a flame-enchanted obsidian greataxe, but he is weak. Alas, ten or fifteen minutes to play a day simply doesn't cut it.

I think it is time to go back and teach those Hobbes a lesson.

White_Hindu
23rd September 2004, 12:07 PM
Man, the Grey House next to the Barrow Fields is the best place to level. I can easily farm around 6000 genXP and 9000 willXP per run(if you have high mana/potions), and the zombies are easy enough. The ones that spawn from the overlords will die in 2 hits from your greataxe(if not one hit), the minions take 4 hits to kill, and the overlords take 6 hits to kill(they block a lot more so try to flourish). Make sure you keep that combat multiplier up high. I can usually get mine to around 25 by the end of the grey house.(that's 25 times the normal XP)

Anubis
24th September 2004, 04:58 AM
[qutoe]... I switched to the obsidian greathammer...[/quote]Yes! I can't believe I forgot about my baby! Aside from the stick and iron katana at first, it was basically my first 800 kills! Oh well... despite that, I ended up switching it soon for the Master Greataxe. One good greathammer was the Murren one... looked cool too, and has massive damage.

White Hindu, it's good, but the best place to go I think is one of those special undead places... big areas where they infinitely and weakly spawn in large numbers. You'll know it when you see it... although, due to spoiler reasons, I can't quite say any more.

I hate hobbes. I do. Cheap shaman bastards, numbskull big red guys.

Lemming
24th September 2004, 08:44 PM
Are there any interesting things to do after I beat the game? I have the awesome sword, but the only thing that I wanted to use it on is killing billions of undead.. but they don't spawn anymore :(

Splat
24th September 2004, 08:55 PM
Lemming: I haven't found anything to do. The Sword seems to kill pretty much everything in one hit, too.

Aun Shi
25th September 2004, 05:27 PM
dammit. I need 50 fuck bucks. lol..

Hey..I have a question for those who already have the game: Does the gameplay follow like something like zelda, where hes a boy, and then transforms into a adult overnight or by something, or is this gameplay which evolves the character over time?

Uurion
25th September 2004, 05:28 PM
Thats why i don't use the Sword. I always through it in the void, and keep using my Master Pickhammer. Or in my current game, my Master Greataxe.

White_Hindu
25th September 2004, 06:42 PM
The story takes around 1 hour 20 minutes till you turn into an adult and finish training.

The Truth
25th September 2004, 08:53 PM
Aun; your character ages from boy to man quickly, and then slowly ages from young man to old man (about 12 hours) as the game goes on.

Just finished the arena; it was a fucking piece of cake with my Legendary Crossbow. Silver Enchanted, I was fucking owning those Balverines and Undead. Cool as hell.

Aun Shi
25th September 2004, 08:53 PM
O_o:: How does that work?

Anubis
25th September 2004, 11:14 PM
How does what work? The crossbow? Easy. Find enough Silver Keys to open the right chest... and out pops a kickass crossbow. Althuogh all I really use it for is harassment from afar or killing golems. Golem combat: roll away from rocks while you're reloading, then when the big thing stops, nail him in the face. Legendary crossbow in the hands of a shitfaced melee brute still causes aruond 1500 damage. Although it seems to be a waste against Balverines and Undead... Undead are basically one-hit-kills, and Balverines, well, they just get owned so long as they're on the ground.

Either way, after the game's over, you can always kill guards and stuff. I'm contemplating whether or not to buy the game, since just playing the "LIght Side" doesn't seem as worth it as it was in KotOR.

Uurion
26th September 2004, 12:20 AM
Playing the light side in KOTOR stunk as well......it didnt seem to matter what you did, the ending was still boring....as far as Fable goes, i would get it just for the Combat system. the combat system is royal in Fable....just like the Legacy of Kain series.

Aun Shi
26th September 2004, 12:40 AM
No...my question was directed at White_Hindu....but i was late.

And how many hours on on this game? it sounds like its only 20 hours..
what kind of crap is that?

Uurion
26th September 2004, 12:59 AM
well even diablo had a short play time...about 20-25 hours....its the replayability that counts...

Anubis
26th September 2004, 06:45 AM
And I'm not so sure Fable has that much replayability. I think I'll buy it anyways, though, since someday I'll want to play it again. Though should I buy it now... or later?

Aun Shi
26th September 2004, 02:51 PM
:/ If its that short....Buy it later....or used.

White_Hindu
26th September 2004, 02:55 PM
For a final answer, you can 'beat' the game in 12 hours, but you may play longer(I haven't). If you have money, go ahead and buy it, but if you don't have money to spend, don't buy it if you don't want it.

Anubis
26th September 2004, 03:59 PM
The game's quite linear, actually. Far from most of the choices games like KotOR offer. But I bought the game anyways... even though I could have just rented it, as I doubt I'll play it a third time.

The Truth
26th September 2004, 07:59 PM
I'm actually already looking forward to playing it over because I was a light side warrior this time that didn't figure out how to really fight until late in the game.

Where is the Bright Plate Armor? I need it to open a gate, and I can't come across it anywhere. All I could find were the leggings and boots at Knothole Glade. I read somewhere it is at a "wandering traveler", but that is quite vague.

Uurion
26th September 2004, 09:22 PM
I am not sure personally, but as always, i can give you the link to a great cheat/walkthough site, that might be able to tell you :D.....

The Truth
27th September 2004, 03:05 AM
Right, but if that "great site" rhymes with "LameHacks", I already checked and it didn't have any information available.

:(

Anubis
27th September 2004, 04:46 AM
It is from wandering travelers... basically, you can get them from merchants that randomly walk around the place, so they could really be just about anywhere. I couldn't end up finding all the pieces, and what I needed them for, the certain Demon Door, required a full suit. Although I am fairly sure you can get it all at the Arena. Shitty thing is, once you're passed the Arena, you can't get back in. Suckerage.

The Truth
27th September 2004, 05:03 AM
Righto. And I am past the Arena already, of course. I missed the Thunder doll in there too, is there anywhere else to get that one?

:(

I completely Pwn3d the Arena with my crossbow, and the slow time/physical shield combo makes me pretty much invincible in melee combat.

Game gets a little too easy with those two things.

Uurion
27th September 2004, 05:08 AM
Yes in fact, you can find it floating around randomly in vendors other screen...i only found it once in a vendors screen, and didnt buy it...and never seen it again....although i think that mighta been a glitch, cause it wouldve cost me around 5,000 to buy it........here that link, scroll to the bottom for the walkthroughs

http://cheats.gamespot.com/516688-Fable

White_Hindu
27th September 2004, 07:05 AM
Haha, I got through the arena with my sword, and no magic at all. Alls I had was lots and lots of Red Meat.

The Truth
27th September 2004, 07:08 AM
Uurion, thank you for the help, although those walkthroughs are all just the links to the same ones available on Gamefaqs.

Hindu, maybe you know; is there any where to buy the Thunder Doll after the Arena? And where are the "wandering travelers" that trade the Bright Plate set after the Arena?

This game = pain in ass.

White_Hindu
27th September 2004, 10:17 AM
To tell you the truth, I'm not that interested in getting all sets of armor or dolls. I was way low on cash for the arena, and I beat it in one try so I can't say where you get anything.

Anubis
27th September 2004, 01:58 PM
and the slow time/physical shield combo makes me pretty much invincible in melee combat.Cheep! Cheep! Cheep! Cheap!

is there any where to buy the Thunder Doll after the Arena? And where are the "wandering travelers" that trade the Bright Plate set after the Arena?
It is from wandering travelers... basically, you can get them from merchants that randomly walk around the place, so they could really be just about anywhere.As for the Thunder Doll, I'm fairly sure you can get one in the shop in Bowerstone North.

Lemming
27th September 2004, 06:19 PM
Is there any reason to get all the dolls?

Uurion
27th September 2004, 06:24 PM
Im not sure there is flemming...I had Heard that it gives you some kind of new emotion thingy, you know the flirt, fart, belch things. My friend says it lets you impersonate someone....but then again the friend i am refering to quite frequently blows smoke up everyones izuzu, so i am not sure...

Anubis
28th September 2004, 07:16 PM
What do you mean "all" the dolls? Like every single one, not just one of each type? Because I think there's just Thunder and you. Emotion stuffs don't really matter anyways, but the dolls are cheap, so it wouldn't hurt to try it out.

White_Hindu
28th September 2004, 07:20 PM
The only emotions worth having are 'Ha HA!', 'Hey...', and 'yes!'.

The Truth
28th September 2004, 07:22 PM
There are like 6 dolls:

Scarlet Robe, Whisper, Thunder, TwinBlade, Maze, and Bandit (something like that)

When you get all 6, they can trade in for the Jack doll, which is "special" and completes a quest.

There is also a doll of you, but I don't know what you do with it.

Anubis
29th September 2004, 04:58 AM
Wierd. I don't remember seeing anything but Thunder and myself. Where'd you find all of these?

Uurion
29th September 2004, 05:11 AM
Well i don't know about the Bright Plate mail but i do know you *Can* buy the bright chainmail in a non wondering store. All of the pieces are for sale in the Weapon/Armory in oakvale......it will cost you a pretty penny though......

I thought...isn't the doll of you a trophy? I guess i wouldn't know...i never use the trophies....

The Truth
29th September 2004, 06:29 AM
First off, I found the Bright Plate Mail from wanderers near the Darkwood Camp. Thank God. It was taking fucking forever. It has to be the coolest suit in the game.

You win the majority of dolls from playing games. Pairs, the memory game, coin golf, etc. are found by the "green" guy in taverns in every town. There is a goal time to beat. Beat that. Then beat your new time. Presto. Doll.

I don't know what they all do.

flaznboi69ner
29th September 2004, 01:06 PM
i heard that it got good ratings from g4tv and that the way you play is the decision if he becomes evil or not.

Uurion
29th September 2004, 02:18 PM
uh what? I didnt understand one word of that......cant you buy Bright palte mail in the arena? And as far the best combo i have come across is the slow time/assassins rush. Set the slow time on, then warp behind them, Massacre them, and move on....that simple....but then if you really want effect, i would say max out that one spell (I forget the name) that is...::Snaps fingeres:: Enflame! max that out, and let the enemies group around you, then flame em....but it costs quite a bit to max out enflame, and it doesnt do much good against bosses like the Scorpian Kings.

Anubis
29th September 2004, 04:53 PM
It has to be the coolest suit in the game.I dunno... there's the Dark Plate Armor... and the Assassin's Armor... and then there's the awesome Bandit clothes. Garrrr! If only I could lay my hands on that swashbucklin' pirate sword I'd be set.

Just about any combination of spells will kick ass, but Enflame, Slow Time, and Multi Attack are incredibly cheap. Scorpion King isn't a problem, just wait till he's charging and slash him in the face a bunch of times.

White_Hindu
29th September 2004, 04:58 PM
Fuck that strategy. Wait till he's shot shit from his tail, then slash him in the ass.

BrisSexyBeast
29th September 2004, 04:59 PM
agh. All I know is this game was wicked short from what the reviews said. I mean don't get me wrong it's a great game especially since I'm sadistic. Get married kill my wife get remarried kill my wife and so on. That's like the most fun I've had since since ya screw it. That's just fun right there. lol. However, I do think ESRB are all stupid and the ratings sucked. As usual with all their other games this game didn't have hardly the stuff the rating suggested on it. I mean I think there was hardly any blood in my opinion. I've played a lot bloodier. Sexual content wow the screen darkens and they say innuendos. Who the heck cares. Violence ok ya they got you there but hey it's still a freakin great game.

White_Hindu
29th September 2004, 05:04 PM
Alls I knows is I wouldn't want my kids to be called 'norty' by anyone.

BrisSexyBeast
30th September 2004, 09:28 AM
lol me either. After a while the accents drove me nuts and anyone with a crap accent I would kill. I'm like nope your accent isn't good enough. Die. lol. That game is like the best but I have a feeling Halo 2 will be the best XB game this year but that's for another topic so that's all for Fable.

Anubis
30th September 2004, 04:25 PM
...then slash him in the ass.Doesn't really matter. Just slash him to hell whenever you can, using the other girl as a distraction.

BrisSexyBeast
30th September 2004, 06:44 PM
hahaha. Ya that's always fun but I always accidentily attack people I don't mean to so I'm like screw it your all dead. lol.

The Truth
30th September 2004, 07:58 PM
I am very glad that I played this through as a very good-aligned character. All the evil shit you can do sounds awesome and I am looking forward to playing again through as an evil bastard.

Uurion
30th September 2004, 10:14 PM
No kidding........i am trying to beat it as an evil melee fighter

Anubis
1st October 2004, 03:26 PM
Melee Fighter is a good game so long as you don't get Slow Time or the shield or anything cheap like that. I'm a mage now, and I never appreciated Strength more... I can't even wield heavy weapons, my guy just drags the obsidian axe around if I hold it. Right now, the Lightning stacks of Will like none other. I wasted a Magic point on Absorb Magic, but what the hell, with Lightning I'll get more... it gives experience per target, and since you get more targets as you level it up, the quicker you level it up the more EXP you get, etc.

Uurion
1st October 2004, 07:16 PM
oooo nice loop.....have you exploited the summoning XP trick?

BrisSexyBeast
2nd October 2004, 06:11 PM
heh. I can't live with mages. I think they're to hard to level. but maybe I'll try someday. Right now a friend is going to borrow it tho so I won't get to play it for a while. Melee fighters are the best. My bro just got the Harbringer from the sword in the stone quest. That thing is awesome but nothing compared to the sword of aeons.

Anubis
3rd October 2004, 07:49 AM
have you exploited the summoning XP trick?Nah, that's just cheap, slow, and boring. One rock golem + Lightning is basically an instant few thousand XP if you're good and can push up your combat multiplier without getting hit.

Mages are definitely more difficult. Fighters can attack infinitely.... mages can't. When I played as a fighter it was a walk through the park. Actually, being a mage is just as easy, except I dont' want to be suing things like the shield that just make it pointless... a bunch of mana pots, upgraded shield, and you're invincible for the rest of the game.

Uurion
3rd October 2004, 09:02 AM
I know what you mean Anubis, personally, i thought it was just stupid to sit around for hours doing nothing but summoning....But i never get many XP points from Lightning......i do get massive amounts of XP from fireball though........i generally go to the 'town' right outside oakvale, and light up the gaurds with Fireballs, get massive XP (Since the gaurds respawn) then i spen the XP, go to the church and donate until i am back in the lightside.................I am SO evil............:: Snickers and smirks ::

Anubis
3rd October 2004, 10:19 AM
Getting high EXP on Lightning is dependant on four things:
1) Having it at the highest level possible
2) Having mana and never stopping to use the spell
3) Targetting as many targets as possible (the right kinds of targets)
4) Not getting hit

Failing to do one of the above would result in a severe lack of EXP gained.

Uurion
3rd October 2004, 10:23 AM
ooooooo...............hmmmm i never was very good with the not getting hit thing...........my highest combat multiplier is what? i think 9?........i am never gonna get the demon door open........"I need to see your combat multipier get higher before i can swing ajar...." Facking thing.........but i loved shooting the other demon door between the eyes.........

Anubis
3rd October 2004, 11:15 AM
If your highest was 9, then the Lightning thing probably wouldn't work well. I haven't even gotten that demon door open... never bothered. You have to basically walk out of the caves with a Combat Multiplier of 30 or so, which I don't have the patience to get despite the fact it's possible.

White_Hindu
3rd October 2004, 11:20 AM
I've actually tried leaving the caves with a high multiplier, but it doesn't work that way. Let's say you have a combat multiplier of 30 after you clear the hobbes from the caves. You leave the cave and then your combat multiplier intantly halves. You now have a multiplier of 15. Try to go back into the caves, and your multiplier is now 7. My highest multiplier is around 35, and I still don't know how to open that one door considering whenever you leave the area, your multiplier weakens.

Anubis
3rd October 2004, 01:32 PM
Exactly what I was saying. You need to leave the caves with a multiplier of at least 30 to reach the door with one of 14 or more.

As for the Lightning.... right now, against Undeadies, with Level 3, I was getting around 150 per bolt, which is about 300 Magic EXP per second. Sounds like a good deal to me!

Lemming
3rd October 2004, 02:16 PM
What's the summoning XP trick?

Anubis
3rd October 2004, 02:33 PM
Just use Summon. Using Summon, whether in a combat situation or not, raises Experience.

The Truth
4th October 2004, 04:56 AM
Another relatively easy way to get the door to open is to use the pathway where all the undead pop up. With physical shield on and a strong weapon, you can get it up to 50 or more pretty easily. Go to 50, warp to the greatwood gate, (brings you down to 25). There will be a few baddies here to get up to around 30 on your way to the Hobbes Cave. Go through, you'll now be down to 12-13, so throw the phys. shield back on and hammer the earth troll until you get back to 14 or 15.

Worked for me.

Anubis
4th October 2004, 05:11 AM
Wow.. that's a great idea. I'll do you one better: go to the Demon Door, then teleport near the Undead area, walk where you need to go, and once you get the right Combat Multiplier, you can Recall right back to the Demon Door.

How good's the weapon in that place anyway?

Uurion
5th October 2004, 12:38 AM
im not sure, but you could probably do that, except you would really have to be fast, or those crackhead hobbes will know the multiplier right out of you. Those damn Mage Hobbes are always the death of my combat multiplier. And do you have to talk to the Door before you raise your multiplier?

Anubis
5th October 2004, 04:54 PM
Shouldn't make much of a difference, as you've probably talked to the door before anyways. I doubt it, though.

The Truth
5th October 2004, 05:40 PM
I just got it, and it is the Cutlass Bluetane. Just a light weapon, the best "cleaver" in the game. Not a good weapon as the legendaries go. I have like four weapons that kick the shit out of it:

The Harbinger (legendary longsword from Sword in Stone)
Hiryu's Katana (Marry Lady Grey)
Ronok the Axe (Demon Door at Grey House - Marry Lady Grey)
Murren's Greathammer (Guild, 20 SIlver Keys)

Probably not worth the trouble.

Anubis
5th October 2004, 06:18 PM
Yeah, I have it by now. With enough cash, most Legendary weapons are pointless aside from the fact that they're free (aside from Solus). I'm just ticked now... I reached a point where, without warning, all shops are closed, and even though I'm loaded and have been waiting for just this moment to spend my cash, I can't do shit. I was a mage, and I was going to stack my Master weapons with Mana Augmentations. Then, of course, the Autosave saved over my last save, and I'm stuck. No point in even bothering to finish the game now, as it's obvious I'll slaughter everything up to and including the boss simply with Lightning.

The Truth
5th October 2004, 06:22 PM
All shops are closed? Permanently? I've never heard anything about that?

Also, money is pretty useless as you become super strong. If you married Lady Grey, she gives you Solus as a random gift. Which was nice.

I am just saving money to get the stuff from the Temple of Avo. I'm pissed that I have a "Nice guy" character because I would like to get the best bow, and that bow is probably not a possibility with a nice character.

Anubis
5th October 2004, 06:41 PM
Permantly. During the last quest, which seems to last forever, even when there probably should be intermissions of some sort in-between sections, shops are closed. Yeah, they'll open back up, but that's after you've beaten the game.

Money is awesome regardless of strength. Solus isn't even that great. Weapons stacked with the right augmentations can kick serious ass, worth far more than the +20 or so damage that Legendary weapons may offer.

The Temple of Avo doesn't offer a bow, it offers this gigantic great mace. The evil temple gives you the bow. Pain in the ass, though, as you not only have to sacrifice your own followers, but do it at precisely the correct moment. Not something I had the patience for, as bows are basically useless unless you have absolutely no other ranged attack and can't fight melee.

The Truth
5th October 2004, 06:49 PM
RIght, the bow is at the Temple of Skorm.

I just like using the bow with Slow time because it is fun as hell to pop guys and watch their heads fall off.

Arken's Crossbow is a far cry from a great longbow.

Anubis
5th October 2004, 08:48 PM
Arken's Crossbow's pretty pathetic. If it was a longbow, maybe it'd be more useful, but the whole cocking action of crossbows cause them to just be crappy. Lightning is method numero uno for popping heads. Unfortunately, in all the bright flashes and thunder, you might not be able to see the actual decapitation in all it's glory... there's where the arrows come in!

So long as you have mana, a mere four people attacking you simply cannot do shit. The beauty of Lightning is that it not only targets multiple targets, not only deals pretty good damage, not only is very quick and consistent and gives tons of EXP, but that it just freezes them. The only person it doesn't work on is the one that uses Lightning on you. The one innately immune to Lightning...

The one who taught you Lightning! But that's where Fireball comes in...

Uurion
5th October 2004, 09:03 PM
Hey guys, i have come across a guy that has made a shit load of tests on this game, he says that to get the skorm bow, all you have to do is gain 1.5K evil points through sacrificing, and it has nothing to do with timing...And as far as decapitations go, if you hit people from the right angle with a sword, their heads all but jump off their bodies. As far as lightning goes, i havnt mastered it yet, beyond first level in fact. When it came to the Magic EXP, i always spent it on the mana bar, so i had a shit load of mana, but nothing worth while to cast. The only spell that i really like is Assassins Rush, which i think is sheer brilliance in this game...

Anubis
5th October 2004, 09:11 PM
all you have to do is gain 1.5K evil points through sacrificing, and it has nothing to do with timingHe's probably right, the temples do work by alignment points. However, sacrificing at the wrong time will get you shit evil points. Like one I had was just +10. Only 149 more of those to go if I take that path! Sacrificing at the right time gets you a better sacrifice, and thus tons more evil points.

I think the decapitation animation is universal so it doesn't really matter how you do it so long as it gets severed.

Assassin's Rush is onyl good if you want to get up close. But if you're a fighter wanting to get up close, there's always that other spell that explodes forward with a blazing trail of fire.

The Truth
6th October 2004, 10:09 AM
The only way i've found to decapitate people with the sword is by using a flourish on a stunned enemy. I have hit a WHOLE LOT of enemies with the sword, too, so I am reasonably sure this is correct.

Anubis
6th October 2004, 03:58 PM
"Angle" shouldn't make much of a difference, I think you're right. As for experience... I just found a nice little someone who you can hit over and over again for super experience. Went at her with Lightning for a little bit, getting around 200 EXP per second. Not bad.

The Sister. Though one thing can kill her...

Uurion
7th October 2004, 12:23 AM
You can decapitate people without flourishing, you just have to get behind them and off to the side, then attack them...it is very rare though, i have only done it once, and i did it with a.......greatsword i think it was?

The Truth
7th October 2004, 06:00 AM
Well, I just got the Jack doll by trading in all the others. WTF does this thing do? Anyone?

Anubis
7th October 2004, 02:31 PM
I was thinking the one most people would miss would be one you might be able to get from the Arena. Anyways, it looks like you did get all of them. Congratulations. I doubt it does anything, but damned if I know. Has it done anything out of the ordinary so far?

Uurion
7th October 2004, 08:21 PM
Is it a trophy Thruth?

Anubis
10th October 2004, 09:02 PM
I don't know why it'd be a trophy. Either way, I just found another cheese: archery. Melee can be blocked much more easily than archery. Skorm's Bow + maxed skill = kickass; with Multi Shot, it's incredible. Hell, the weapon even looks cool. Meanwhile, Assassin Rush is still mostly useless unless you're too lazy to run. I just use the thing to run wherever I need to go. The only time I actually used it for what it's for was when I fought Thunder, just for the hell of it. Hell, it's even contradictory. Of all the people to use it, an archer would be the least likely to want to do that, unless they've got a charged-up Multi Shot super bow lined up to the back of the enemy's head, with no other enemies nearby.

Additionally, Force Push doesn't take a lot of mana, so that's not too shabby if you like to keep distance.

On the strange side, has anyone found any use for Speed? Does it let you attack faster, or move much faster or anything? I haven't noticed a significant speed increase, but maybe I just gradually got used to it.

Uurion
10th October 2004, 09:08 PM
Try amping it from zero to four in one level up....and as for assassins rush, i found it really useful to breeze past the undead that spring up like weeds in the final stages of the game.......

The Truth
11th October 2004, 04:50 AM
Speed is really useful if you are using a heavy weapon. Your greathammer, greataxe, etc. are tough to use without speed.

Force Push is ok, but it sucks next to Enflame. Enflame is much more powerful, and Force Push hurts anyone you may be escorting. Which blows.

As far as I can tell, the Jack Doll is not a trophy. It is interesting that the only dolls left are the "doll of you" and the jack doll.

The weakest thing ever is the prize at the end of the mystery hunt.

After you get the 6 messages, it points you to orchard farm, where you can get a frying pan. Weak as hell, no range. While it DOES have some good imbue-a-bility (4 slots) it isn't much better than a normal master weapon.

I also thought of something that would make you unstoppable: a normal mage or archer takes on a melee weapon with 3 mana augs. Then they keep physical shield on. Now they are invincible. Yay.

Uurion
11th October 2004, 07:34 AM
you know, i ran across someone saying that same stratagey, and all i can say is an Anubis Quote; Cheap Cheap Cheap Cheap

Beside if an archer or mage is close enough to need mana shield, or whatever it is called, the player has no concept of what an archer/mage is......

White_Hindu
11th October 2004, 08:50 AM
I heard that if fully powered up, the frying pan can reach upwards of 120 damage(which isn't bad considering it's a frying pan). I'm now wondering if Augs can stack; If you put 4 EXP augs into the frying pan, will it only count as one, or four augs?

cr
11th October 2004, 09:56 AM
Recently got this game, have been playing through it like a mad man. One thing I'm having trouble doing is getting my character to not be a flaccid old man. He got up to like 62, but then I started doing donations and sacrifices, which brought him down to around 48 or so. I'm right at the end of the game, before you take the final quest card and while the stores are still open and all that, so I don't know exactly what I can do to be able to use the hero save trick.

Oh, and for those of you who wanted to get your combat multiplier high enough for the Demon Door, I have an idea. Go to that demon door, then use your guild seal to travel to.. I think it's Lychfield Graveyard. Then run all the way up through the underground tunnels and all that, until you come to Cliffside Path. There's an endless supply of undead there, and if you have Sentius it makes this whole evolution easier. Also, you should have plenty of will potions with you so you can use physical shield. Just start killing undead (with Sentius, you can hit for 400, killing most in a single blow) and before you know it, your CM will rise pretty damn high. I currently have mine at 250+, and I've accumulated so much damned experience that it's not even funny. OK well it's a little funny. Anyhoo, after you've put your combat multiplier high enough, recall back to Greatwood Caves and talk to the demon door. That should do it. I haven't personally done this all the way yet (I'm still killing undead) but I hope that helps.

EDIT: OK, it works. I got mine up to right around 300 then recalled back to the map right next to the Greatwood Caves DD. I opened the DD before kicking the snot out of the earth troll and all was fine.

Anubis
11th October 2004, 03:44 PM
i found it really useful to breeze past the undead that spring up like weeds in the final stages of the game.......Why would you want to breeze past them? It's one-hit-kill or just run around the dumb idiots!

Your greathammer, greataxe, etc. are tough to use without speed.So it does make you swing faster?

The weakest thing ever is the prize at the end of the mystery hunt.No shit! It may have the most slots in the game, but if you think that's bad, try getting it before you have all the clues. The weapon is... in it's "normal" state. As in it's exactly what you'd expect it to be.

If you put 4 EXP augs into the frying pan, will it only count as one, or four augs?Four. As if by then you'd need experience augs.

. There's an endless supply of undead there...There's not an endless supply of Undead anywhere except at the very, very, last stages of the game.

The Truth
11th October 2004, 06:35 PM
Yes, I believe increasing speed allows you to increase the speed you swing the bigger weapons. That is what makes it useful. That, and running around, you cross areas a bit quicker, I believe.

OK, I'm talking out of my ass with the second statement, but it makes sense

What is the best way for a "good" guy to get big money? I have three houses, and have sold all my non-legendary equipment, but I can't bring in enough money for the temple of Avo. Because my character is so "good" I have spent a small fortune there (over 70,000) and haven't gotten dick in reward yet.

Uurion
11th October 2004, 06:43 PM
Buy a house, upgrade its decor to top notch, destroy the doors, mount trophies on the walls, sell the house, walk back inside, grab your trophies, go back out buy the house back, rinse and repeat..........hanging trophies increase the house value...

The Truth
11th October 2004, 07:36 PM
DO you have to destroy the door every time you do this?

Anubis
11th October 2004, 08:20 PM
What is the best way for a "good" guy to get big money?Trading always works. So do Quests... You don't get shit reward in the temple of Avo if you're already awesomely good. Unless you donate like a billion gold or something.

As for Uurion's cheatiness, doors only respawn when you leave an area or when a house is upgraded.

Right now I'm thinking of this: Slaughtering villagers in Knothole Glade, Turning all of the Guards to kill even more villagers, and then buying the houses and renting them all out. That plus stealing the goodies.

Edit: Friggin' hilarious. Once Guards are Turned, more Guards come in, meaning that soon I'll have a Guard army slaughtering the entire place.

Uurion
11th October 2004, 08:36 PM
My Cheatiness? Thats fair game Anubis, it is gaining moeny without needless killing.......btw your methos is sheer evility. notice he said for GOOD characters :D

Simplicity
11th October 2004, 08:38 PM
For those newer melee fighters out there, looking for easy strength...

Marry someone, buy a house in Lower Bowerstone for them to move into. Get them on the balcony and just start punching them to all hell. They don't die, and for some odd reason the guards don't see you. It'll take a few hours, but thousands of expierience can be gained. If you get tired, pause the game, do something else, then come back.

Early on in the game: When you fight maze, don't do what he tells you. With melee, shoot him with the bow. Don't get too close, he'll block it. But far enough away and you get exp. Same with magic, just hit him with your sword instead. He'll block, so use the fury skill. The flaming sword one .(Only had the game for a few hours...) After a few shots, or just one, he'll hit you back and send a force wave knocking you back. Keep at it.

Ah, if this has been said already, don't mind me.

Uurion
11th October 2004, 08:48 PM
Wow hey Anubis? Didn't you just say that I played dirty?

And Fury is Blood Omen, in this it is Flourish.

Anubis
11th October 2004, 08:49 PM
notice he said for GOOD characters I gave him help for good characters. That plan was for myself.

Simplicity, both those tactics are well-known and generate almost no experience. They seem like good ideas when you start off and get around 1 EXP per quest though. You can get the same amount of experience in about 10 seconds of gameplay. Most instances the character could get more experience just eating food and getting fat.

Uurion
11th October 2004, 08:52 PM
lmfao........i have yet to make a fat man..........But yeah, with maxed pysical shield and maxed Lightning i generate about 6000 will xp an encounter.......

The Truth
12th October 2004, 04:57 AM
The "fat man" appearance fades after about 20 minutes of actual gameplay; I wouldn't waste too much time in it. I guess it looks kind of funny, and it is cool that you can still kick ass even as a behemoth slob.

I think I might try Uurion's cheatiness if I get a chance tonight.

cr
12th October 2004, 08:05 AM
No. Seriously, Anubis. If you go to Cliffside Path (not Clifftop Path..... Cliffside. On your way up to the prison) right when you enter the map, you're in that circular room with 2 paths leading out. Taking either path (I took the one that went up, not down), you will find undead sprouting up out of the ground as you run by. When you kill one, another one comes out of the ground to take its' place. This is where I went to get my combat multiplier up to 291, and it took me about..... 20 minutes (real-time). So yes, that place does in fact have an endless supply of undead. In fact, they respawn so quickly there that with every swing I made, I made contact and destroyed undead. It was awesome. You should go try it. Just remember: *Physcial Shield, *Will Potions, and *Sentius and you'll do fine.

Anubis
12th October 2004, 10:25 PM
So yes, that place does in fact have an endless supply of undead. It's not endless. With the ability to kill multiple skellies in one hit, you can see that the area runs out of baddies quite soon. Unless you let the big guys just sit there and you don't hurt them.
Either way, I don't think I need much of everything... just about all stuff is maxed, and my rent plan is working out: I now own all of Knothole Glade, shops and tavern included. Tons of cash. All I need to do is rapid sleep, don't even have to look, and in front of every door I get to pick of gold baggies.

The Truth
13th October 2004, 06:14 AM
Uurion's trick worked like a charm. Using the Kraken's tooth and Battle Arena prize trophies, I was able to increase my holdings by 3500 gold every ten seconds by selling and buying my Oakdale home. 100 grand only cost me a few minutes of work.

I'm near the end of the game, Where you finally fight Jack. What a pain in the balls that fight is, although with Physical Shield and Slow time, my character is utterly invincible.

Looking forward to playing it evil style. Should be much more fun with more emphasis on magic and less on melee.

Uurion
13th October 2004, 11:00 AM
::Bows:: I know the Tuth :D

Anyways that battle isnt so bad. Get a good bow, and use multi arrow, and he becomes deader than a door nail in half a second...I used the home trophy trick in the house in the Glade....

(Whoever gave me the rep: Sure thing.)

cr
13th October 2004, 04:21 PM
Like it really matters but, it does have an endless supply of undead. I'm telling you, go there and kill all of them until there are none left. You'll be there forever.

But anyhoo, I've also found that using the Kraken Tooth trophy and the Champion's Seal will yield the most profit when doing the buying/selling trick with your house. You'll get 3,500 gold off of each transaction cycle, making it easy as hell to raise money for whatever you need, which really isn't much when you get towards the end of the game.

Oh, and if you're looking for the bright plate armor and didn't get it in the arena, you can buy the torso and hand pieces off of wandering vendors in darkwood, I believe. If not darkwood, then it's the map right out of darkwood (the name of that map escapes me at the moment....)

The end fight was pretty easy. I used Skorn's bow with a mastered multi-arrow spell for most of the fight, rolling out of the way of most of his ranged magic attacks. When it was time to melee, I used Harbinger and Sentius on the minions that were summoned. Fun times. I think I'll start an evil campaign soon...

Anubis
14th October 2004, 03:52 PM
...go there and kill all of them until there are none left. You'll be there forever. Either that or I'll be there for about fourty seconds or so.

I've also found that using the Kraken Tooth trophy and the Champion's Seal will yield the most profit when doing the buying/selling trick with your house. That's because those two items are worth the most. There's still Jack's Mask and a certain other trophy I can't name, but by the time you get those two, it doesn't really matter anymore.

Uurion
14th October 2004, 04:44 PM
::Gives Anubis the hairy eyebrow::

What are you talking about Anubis? What other trophy? I have jacks mask....

cr
14th October 2004, 05:25 PM
Ya know what? Fine. I've given up on you. Obviously you aren't willing to listen or even try. Doesn't matter. Got my combat multiplier up to 291, I don't care. Moving along...

Has anyone here found out if leveling up with your will experience will cause you to age more than using just your skill and your physical experience? As in, if you were to be just pure melee, would that result in you being much younger than a pure caster? Or does using your exp period cause you to grow old no matter what area you spend your exp points in?

_outlaw
14th October 2004, 07:45 PM
i was just wondering... can you ever die a natural death in the game? I mean like if you play forever and eventually become a decrepit old man can you just keal over?

Anubis
15th October 2004, 08:11 PM
Ya know what? Fine. I've given up on you. Obviously you aren't willing to listen or even try. Doesn't matter. Got my combat multiplier up to 291, I don't care. Do you have a problem? Try what?

can you ever die a natural death in the game? No, I think you stop aging at 65.

The Truth
15th October 2004, 08:14 PM
Preacher, for what it's worth, I believe you. There are certain points that always spawn a certain character, so if you move ina circle they would continuously spawn.

Also, did you know there is almost no limit to a bow's strength? Right as soon as I first got to Bowerstone, I held the bow (just a simple oak longbow, accuracy level 2) stretched for a VERY long time and fired at a guard.

1000 damage. Dead in one shot. Freakin' amazing.

Cool info if you want to take down a certain big baddie quickly. It helps waste Balverines really quickly. Which is nice.

I'm trying to beat an evil run through the game without using a sword (other than the mandated spots, such as training). Archery is a great skill, and physical shield + enflame makes an archer damn near unstoppable.

Anubis
15th October 2004, 08:55 PM
Archery is a great skill, and physical shield + enflame makes an archer damn near unstoppable.Archers are almost unstoppable anyways so long as you get the best Longbow you can find, use it, and use roll a lot. Just stay away from the Crossbows...

Though I'd think Lightning would get the trick done too, as it just freezes it all. On a random note, do you know how much Berserk raises stuff?

White_Hindu
15th October 2004, 11:01 PM
Hey, where is the place where the undead keep spawning? Is it Lychfield Graveyard--because the undead stops spawning once you finish the quest there(at least for me) and the Clifftop Path is empty.

Where is this place?

Also, I think Fable would have been a lot better if it had elite baddies, a la Final Fantasy. As of now, I have no incentive to keep leveling up since I've already beaten the game.

Jin_the_Legend
16th October 2004, 04:38 AM
do you know how much Berserk raises stuff?

Glad you asked, it raises it a good deal.

*Ahem*

Considering there is WAY too many pages to read through...

Did anyone figure out where you use the hexagon key that you get from the old grandma on the quest to rescue the grandson?

I already beat the game with my evil badass but still that bothered me.

Just on a side-note...I thought it would have been kick ass if we could have actually been able to wear Jack of Blade's mask. Sweetness...

And why did they have to choose "blade" in two of the villian's titles? We got Twinblades and Jack of Blades.

Guess they ran out of ideas the last few years.

The Truth
16th October 2004, 05:54 AM
I think you have to pretend that the Hexagon key opens all the doors in the Hobbes Cave. It isn't true, since you know that you can go in there at any time and open every door, but since you don't use it for anything else, it is the closest thing to making sense.

I'm playing a second time with an evil archer. Not looking forward to the Hobbes' cave; those little shits are impossible without melee skills.

Thank you, enflame.

Anubis
16th October 2004, 07:03 AM
As of now, I have no incentive to keep leveling up since I've already beaten the game.There's not supposed to be incentive to keep leveling up. You're not supposed to keep playing. The story's over. The game's over.

Glad you asked, it raises it a good deal.Could you be a little more specific?

Guess they ran out of ideas the last few years.Jack of Blades is just Jack of Trades but more hostile. Twinblade is just that because he has twin blades. It makes sense. But yeah, they could have found another word for it... That hexagon key had me curious as well.

I hate Hobbes. Really, I do. More than anything in the game. Almost more than Cliff Racers (shudder).

cr
16th October 2004, 07:40 AM
Hey, where is the place where the undead keep spawning? Is it Lychfield Graveyard--because the undead stops spawning once you finish the quest there(at least for me) and the Clifftop Path is empty.

Where is this place?

Cliffside Path, when you're on your way to the prison after going through the underground tunnels and whatnot. I'm trying to remember how it goes without actually having to go turn on my Xbox... I think you start in Lychfield and head north from there, into the crypt or whatever, then that should put you in the first part of the underground area to get up towards the prison. You know, the area where you pass that big pool of water that you had to fight that boss in. Then just keep going until you get to Cliffside Path and bust out your Sentius.

White_Hindu
16th October 2004, 01:11 PM
Oh! That makes more sense. CliffSIDE path, not CliffTOP path. And fuck the Sentinus, I have a Master Greatsword with piercing, EXP, and silver.

Uurion
16th October 2004, 01:30 PM
I hate Hobbes. Really, I do. More than anything in the game. Almost more than Cliff Racers (shudder).

Cliff Racers SUCK ASS!!!!

I Hate them with the fire of a thousand suns!!! Not to mention you have to jump to stab them properly....Which normally means falling off a cliff....

Kracker
16th October 2004, 01:31 PM
Got this game on Saturday after it came out in England.
WH, nice weapons, but I settled with Obsidian Greatsword with Silver and Lightning.
And I wear, full plate armour, with a chainmail helmet.
Simply because I look shit without a helmet on when you are dark, the horns suck.

White_Hindu
16th October 2004, 02:02 PM
Well I've beaten the game. I have an obsidian greatsword but the attack mod on the naked Master Greatsword is higher and I have an EXP aug in there for higher EXP. I also have Solus, but I find the Greatsword better for leveling up.

I'm in the process of finding the frying pan and popping a sharpening aug and then 3 exp augs so I can get a higher combat multiplier plus 3x EXP. This means EXP out the wazoo.

Anubis
16th October 2004, 02:39 PM
Frying Pan's great if you're an archer and will just shove health/mana/exp augmentations on it. Otherwise, Master Greatsword with Sharpening augs should do the trick (massive damage).

Uurion
16th October 2004, 03:20 PM
I tend to think putting a silver into weapons is pointless and a waste...What i do is make two weapons. Load one full of silvers, as an undead killing weapon, then make the weapon i use for everything else......which generally tends to be a Master Pickhammer with fire/lightning/piercing.......i find this method much more effective than something like fire/lightning/silver.....cause then against anything non undead, you only do 2X as much damage as possible. and against undead you only do 1X as much damage as possible........if you know what i mean

Anubis
16th October 2004, 03:58 PM
That's what I did when I was an archer. Early on I loaded my ebony longbow with silver. Works well, since things like silver, fire, lightning, etc. are total wastes (aside from aesthetic effects, of course, where fire and lightning can look cool, but achieve little). I think the Hobbes are vulnerable against something, though... and I hate Hobbes! They're like those Kwama crappers except that they don't look as ugly and aren't diseased...

Uurion
16th October 2004, 04:30 PM
LMFAO..........yeah hobbes are the ass end of Albion, just as the Kwama's are the ass end of morrowind....the Cliff Racers were hellacious though....everytime i try to get to the redoran stronghold....EEEETTTTT....FWAP....DAMNIT!!!!!

White_Hindu
16th October 2004, 05:56 PM
What are Cliff Racers?

Uurion
16th October 2004, 06:07 PM
They are a sort of evil bird in The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind. Doesn't matter where you are, they *Will* find you and piss you off. I swear i got attacked by one while inside once.........no i am just joking, but that is what it feels like with them....imagine a hobbe....now give it wings.....and make it 20X more annoying....now you have SOME kind of idea what a Cliff Racer is....

The Truth
16th October 2004, 09:59 PM
Cliff Racers are possibly the most annoying creatures in any video game, ever. No matter how ungodly strong your character gets, they still hunt you down and try to kill you. And there is nowhere to hide. Awful.

The Hobbes that fire the magic balls are close to as bad. Without physical shield, they are infinitely annoying.

Thank god for Physical shield, which makes this game far too easy.

Kracker
17th October 2004, 04:18 AM
I only put silver on it, so I could kill the white balverine.
I used Wellows Pickhammer for the most time, before i realised just because it is expensive doesnt make it strong. So i got a obsidian greatsword.
My favourite will is slow time. I use that the most.
I take down the magic using hobbes first, because otherwise they can do some serious damage.

White_Hindu
17th October 2004, 09:13 AM
Oh yeah, I remember cliff racers. One chased me off a big cliff once into a pit of liquid hot magma.

What a fag.

False Prophet
17th October 2004, 05:18 PM
Honestly, this title sucked..I don't see why this thread is getting so much attention. beautiful as the graphics are, the gameplay is just horrible.

The Truth
17th October 2004, 07:31 PM
Honestly, this title sucked..I don't see why this thread is getting so much attention. beautiful as the graphics are, the gameplay is just horrible.

You really need to support your argument here. The battle system is smooth and seamless; the interactions between characters take a while to pick up but are eventually second nature. The options to focus on one operation vs. another or balancing a few crafts is extremely useful (especially early in the game, before you become godly). The good vs. evil disposition is done even better here than it was in KoTOR.

I could understand several complaints about this game, as I have some myself. The game is too short, the game is too easy, and the game isn't as detailed as was promised. To simply say that gameplay is horrible, however, is a very poor argument without any evidence.

Kracker
19th October 2004, 01:03 PM
Word Up Truth.
I liked everything about the game, and as I have yet to complete it, I dont know how short or long the game is.
But if it is short, it doesnt matter because there are different paths etc. to take.
Like when he asks you to leave your childhood behind and join the guild at the beginning, what happens if you say no?
And because I am bad. I havent completed it being good.
So yes it is short, but there are many things you can do, and the game can only really be completed over a couple of files.

False Prophet
19th October 2004, 06:21 PM
Is there really that much to do? You can kill civilians, a option kotor lacks but makes up with sub-stories and each civilian being able to slightly alter the main-story. just IMO the game feels hallow, from personal experiance..It was too short, we all know this; but besides following the main story there's not much to do. I found a girl, married her and porked her, bought a house, upgraded it, all within 30 minutes. There's just simply not enough to do. the sidequests dont really aid any to the main-story or make you feel like you're actually doing something people will appreciate. where as in kotor, other civilians may block you from a quest or give you extra things to do.

To each his own, I'm looking forward to Kotor2. Just to give you a mind-set, I play mmorpgs like everquest, daoc, and rpgs like kotor, baulders..things that have lots of depth.

Overall, its a decent RPG. nothing great, and the combat may be above average (I did enjoy it :P ) It just feels like a shallow game.

The Truth
20th October 2004, 05:05 AM
I really enjoyed KoTOR but there were definitely some serious shortcomings there too. We can't forget how unnatural the Sith decisions were to make; it seemed idiotic at times to side with the Dark Forces because it didn't make any sense strategically. Additionally, KoTOR really wasn't all that long.

If you are a guy that goes for games because of their depth and length, then Fable probably isn't for you. It is admittedly too short, your character progresses a bit too quickly, and you really have very little to do in the realm of side games or mini quests or what have you.

I too am looking forward to KoTOR2. The screenshots look great and the first one was overall a great game; this buy is a no-brainer for me. I was waiting on a good RPG from XBox for a while, and while Fable is very short, it was very well produced and overall was just a solid, strong title.

White_Hindu
20th October 2004, 10:33 AM
In KOTOR, the Sith storyline was a whole lot better because near the end, shit falls into place that can easily tempt you into the dark side. The powers weren't all that good, which is why I liked to use all the stat-raising light powers but choose the Sith ending.

The Truth
20th October 2004, 10:51 PM
Yeah, the turn of events is a tempting point, but by then chances are that you are aligned very far to the light side. After all, most of the choices for the Dark Side just seem so pointlessly evil that they wouldn't appeal to anyone. They don't benefit you (like stealing in Fable) and people don't react to you differently.

Two very enjoyable games, and neither is without its shortcomings.

White_Hindu
21st October 2004, 08:03 AM
I still need to play Fable going through the game evil. I only beat it once when I had a halo around my head I was so good.

The Truth
21st October 2004, 08:13 AM
Yeah, I was that good the first time through, and I'm doing the "Evil" mode now. A shortcoming, however, is that killing some of the bad guys that make the biggest difference in earning experience (bandits, undead) automatically earn you good alignment points.

Which sucks.

Knowing how to really play the game through makes a big difference though. I just earned 28,000 experience doing the Hobbes Cave Quest. Considering how early in the game that is, that is a damned good score.

White_Hindu
21st October 2004, 08:36 AM
Did you save everyone? That thing is hard, especially early in the game. Just so many Hobbes!

The true masters use a bow and arrow for the water nymph in the bottom.

Kracker
21st October 2004, 08:53 AM
Just completed the game liturully just, being evil. I want to be good now, should be fun, though apparently there isnt much difference, only people liking you more. But hey it will be fun to do the game again, without making any silly mistakes or missing anything.
Thats the old lady rose octtage quest. I got to the nymph, defeated it using will, but then the boy got killed by the hobbes who immediatly rushed onto him, the wuss.

The Truth
21st October 2004, 09:09 AM
You get a free shot at the Nymph with your bow; that's really the only way to kill it. I wound up (I have level 6 accuracy, my character is sick with the bow) and buried that little freak in one shot.

It. was. awesome.

I love using the bow and arrow. Granted it isn't strategically the best, as later in the game it is too slow, but it is fun as hell to snipe heads and then hit slow time and make the bodies hit the floor.

cr
21st October 2004, 09:46 AM
How did you get the kid to follow you? My friend tried to do that and he told me he was so evil that the kid wouldn't follow him. Instead, he just cowered in the corner.

The Truth
21st October 2004, 11:26 AM
That's impossible. My character is 100+ for scariness, and a full alignment to the evil side, with horns, flies, and glowing red eyes. The kid followed me. Just use the expression that automatically comes up with the D-Pad down when you reach the little bugger.

cr
22nd October 2004, 09:33 AM
He must have been doing it wrong. I think he probably smacked the kid with his sword or beat on him before asking him to follow.

Demordeth
9th November 2004, 08:53 AM
Fable's too easy. I mean, I only got stuck once (with killing 15 minions in 5 minutes because I was travelling through the game too fast without levelling my skills) and even the final boss I beat with my eyes closed. I first played as a Dark Side but then I realized people crowding you and loving you is more my style. Right now I play a Good Side melee brute. Full Bright Plate Armor, all Strength and Skill attributes at +7.

Oh yeah, my advice for cheap experience:
Go to Cliffside Path after beating the Rescue Scarlet Robe quest, and make sure that Assassin Rush, Berserk, and Enflame are all maxed out and in one Will-group, and then kill all them Undead there. They spawn infinitely... believe me, your dumb will get numb after an hour or such. However, you have gained about 200,000-300,000 exp in one go there. Always switch on Berserk, then use Assassin Rush everytime you beat one of them lame skellies to evade others' attacks, and would you get crowded, get them off your tail with Enflame.

Prove of effectiveness: Highest combat multiplier = 52. I was using Bright Plate Armor and the Dollmaster's Mace (mana augmentation=Assassin Rush costs nothing). Beat that.

The Truth
9th November 2004, 09:10 AM
I seem to find slow time and physical shield are all one needs to get their combat multiplier up insanely high. I will try that trick, but I don't want my nice, evil character to get all good.

I'll have to shed the blood of many, many innocents before I can get back to evil enough for my liking. This would be a good opportunity for me to use that goodness to get the Skorm's Bow.

White_Hindu
9th November 2004, 10:51 AM
The problem with the game is that it is too short to use any of these EXP methods because you could probably beat the game in one sitting anyways. I beat the game in just under 12 hours, and that was the first time I played it. The game is fun, but short.

cr
9th November 2004, 03:40 PM
Prove of effectiveness: Highest combat multiplier = 52. I was using Bright Plate Armor and the Dollmaster's Mace (mana augmentation=Assassin Rush costs nothing). Beat that.

Got my combat multiplier up to 291 by using physical shield, the Sentius (or another powerful weapon aug'd with silver) and the occasional mana potion here and there. Took me about 20 minutes or so of straight combat to get it up that high. It was really easy though, since I killed every single undead I went up against right there with one blow. Then when my flourish would come up, I'd just crunch B while rocking the stick and killed them even faster. Fun, fun times I tell you. My character was a friggin' saint by the end of that evolution.

The Truth
10th November 2004, 07:03 AM
I think I'm going to try out that trick, cr. I am worried about all the hard work I have put into making my character an asshole though. I think I'll have to wander outside the Heroes Guild for a long time spilling the blood of the innocent*.

*Which is fun as hell.

Kracker
17th November 2004, 02:42 AM
Hm, I have completed the game with both endings, as well as being bad and good, and I never used those tricks. I just go to Lychfeild Gravyard to get good, and Knothole Glade to be bad. In Lychfeild you kill all of the undead, and in Knothole there are so many people you keep killing them and guards, and bobs your uncle. Oh and I found out how to keep playing through the game after you defeat Jack Of Blades, you have to watch through the game, and if you keep the Sword of Aeons you get to play with it. 500 damage.

The Truth
18th November 2004, 07:26 AM
If you kill all the people in Knothole Glade, like the traders, bard, bartenders, etc. do they come back, or is it just a ghost town?

And can you kill that aggravating sherriff? He sucks.*

*As a side note, fighting the Sherriff in the fist fighters tourney finally taught me the advantage of upgrading speed. With fully upgraded speed, you are completely unstoppable as a fist fighter. Except that it would take too long, I think i could beat all of the untimed quests to end the game from here on out, save maybe beating Jack himself.

Zahrael
18th November 2004, 11:05 AM
Jack flies, so I dont think you could beat him to death with your fists......And as far as them reincarnating, I think the cannonfodder people do, as in the NPC with no importance.......Not sure about it though

Kracker
18th November 2004, 11:07 AM
Yeh they do, but while they are gone, for about a day ingame, you can buy their properties.

The Truth
18th November 2004, 11:18 AM
Buying properties in this game was a huge let down. I thought they would make a far better investment than they turned out to be. Since the game is short, you never get your money back for the cash you have to dump into the places just to own a home.

Weak.

Kracker
18th November 2004, 01:06 PM
Yeh your right. It was a major letdown, but I have bought loads of properties in Oakvale, and it does even out after a while. I have amde a profit on them (eventually), and am rolling in it. (The parade of houses that are all by your old house).

The Truth
19th November 2004, 06:52 AM
The only reason I see to bother wasting money on a house is one of two things:

1. Have a wife to bang.
2. Use the buy/sell trophy trick Uurion pointed out earlier in this thread to raise cash.

Other than that, money is too valuable early in the game to "invest it" in these houses that don't pay off.

embry
8th December 2004, 03:00 PM
Okay so since Fable has been out awhile and no one has said anything I guess I will. It did not take long to beat. I thought the story line was a little weak. But as for the character customization I know of nothing out there that quite matches the way you can completely individualize your char., including most of the big MMORPG's, at least as far as physical appearence is concerned and I am not talking about appearel. I was a fruit and vetable eating average nobody with no scars until a very vicious smack down by the White Balvorine. I concentrated mostly on my range attack and kept almost everything away from me. But that big nasty got me with the claws across the eye, I almost lost it, took weeks to heal, hahah. I like the fact that it gave yo that sort of real time change to your body depending on what you ate how you behaved and what smacked you up. As for the story line being weak, well I think that Fable was the first of it's knid in the specific way it set the character personalizations but that it could have used a more Morrowind like story line to give the player far more freedom to what sort of good or evil person one wanted to be. Anywho that's my thought on that.
~Girl gammers do exist!~

Wind_777
3rd January 2005, 12:23 AM
quick question why does anyone know of a life postion you get form the temple of avo that restors 10 years off your char?

The Truth
3rd January 2005, 05:36 AM
Wind, that is one of the many things that you can gain from donating to the temple of Avo. If you are a sinister, dark-aligned character, you can get years taken off for a relatively cheap donation. If you are a "good" character, then you can make a few sacrifices at Skorm's temple and gain cheap access to Skorm's Bow, the best bow in the game.

sub-zero
6th January 2005, 09:06 PM
the game is cool and all but it was way to easy if it was harder the game would be great

Wind_777
9th January 2005, 06:08 PM
I got some sort of legendary weapon when i gave to the avo temple.

The Truth
13th January 2005, 06:54 AM
Wind, I believe that is the legendary club, the Sentinus. It is a phenomenal weapon when fighting undead. Give it a try, and you will see your multiplyer SOAR.

Really worth it. :D

homerunderby
17th January 2005, 12:19 PM
the game is way to short

ZZero
21st January 2005, 09:18 PM
Fable was To easy i beat it in 3 days , but it was not worth $50 thats for sure.

narut0
22nd January 2005, 09:13 AM
I agree i finished it in two days and the boss was wayyy 2 easy to beat although it was fun, btw is there anyway to continue the game after you kill your sister?

cr
22nd January 2005, 10:16 AM
Yes, you can continue playing after you beat the game by simply letting the credits roll. If you skip the credits then you can't play from that point anymore.

Wind_777
29th January 2005, 09:47 PM
I would agree that it was way shot if they added a battle arean for online play it would be worth 50 bucks then.

homerunderby
5th February 2005, 09:19 AM
this game is not even worth $50 because they took out the dragon fighting whitch sucks because to me taming or at least fighting a baby dragon would be alot harder than fighting the main boss the only reason they took it out was for space on the disk and if you take out the dragons be sure to take out the books in the guilds' library and everything else about dragons

Wind_777
6th February 2005, 12:03 PM
You never fought dragons on fable there was that scorp but that was easy just took time. I dont know the game replay value makes up for no online play. A dif story line would be nice for the things you do but theres only 1 quests and a good or bad role you can take. Still your char changes but its nothing that you cant do on tony underground 2.

homerunderby
6th February 2005, 01:25 PM
spoilers to the end of the game don't read if you never beaten the game on your own
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it doesn't matter what you do if your evil and its the end of the game and you decide to destroy the sword instead of killing your sister your a good guy but if your good and you decide to kill her for the power your evil as can be so really it doesn't matter
and i agree they should have had different story lines for what you did i would have enjoyed even more if they didn't take the dragons out and put quest in there so after you beaten the game you would have fun even doing it over,and over, and over again make alot of coin rather than going in a town and leaving rich with no one there except for a couple guards :whistilin or going around and collecting rent which is very very dreadful if your an evil person and everybody squeals and panics (i hunt them down) or if your good every one crowds around you it makes getting to place to place hard (and i kill them to)

White_Hindu
6th February 2005, 02:41 PM
Yeah, I was mad that I couldn't fight any dragons. They were in the book, but not actually in the game.

Wind_777
6th February 2005, 04:23 PM
What the crap you read the books because i dont. I just play the game. It seems to me that the only way to get money is by stealing but its hard because the guards come in even when you lock pick to get in the store you should be able to close the door.

homerunderby
6th February 2005, 09:59 PM
i agree you should be able to close the door but remember this is the comanys first game and they did very very well except for the credits it was excurioatingly hrible it went soooooooooooooooooo slow
there was a book? i never heard about a book called fable

ripper
7th February 2005, 03:58 AM
I beat fable as evil but I just basicaly did all of the core quests and nothing else, im playing through as good now and im going to try to do all the side quests and open all the demon doors ect. One of the things I disliked about Fable was the shallowness of the alignment system, since when did killing a monster thats trying to rip you apart make you good? In my opinion the alignment system is very childish compared to Kights of the Old Republic or Neverwinter Nights

homerunderby
7th February 2005, 06:33 AM
this time i dont agree at a point. what if there is a trader in trouble and you come to the rescue them. but at some level i have to agree, if you leave them and let them die (and you could clearly have gotton to them and at the very least heal them with magic) you should earn evil points but they left that out for space

White_Hindu
7th February 2005, 08:34 AM
No man, you pick up books in the game. One of them is about the northern wastes. It said before the kingdom of Albion, dragons roamed freely. When Albion's first king took the throne, he used his might in combat to drive the dragons into the tundra of the northern wastes. When I got there, I expected to at least see a dragon, but alas there were none.

The Truth
7th February 2005, 08:51 AM
I thought the dragon was somewhat of an unfinished segment of the game. It would have made a killer sidequest or goal for the game if it were fully explored. That was always a big letdown for me.

Nigehemoth
7th February 2005, 03:57 PM
Over all the game was way to short. A hard core sitting of about 6 hours can beat the game. I did replay it a few times, on for each speciality, each had it's perks. One thing i didn't like was how villagers knew you were good or evil. in real life, if someone is good at being evil, no one picks up on it. I got to the point where guards were following me around, i couldn't steal a darn thing. After a while it also became impossible to get your stats as high as youd like. One thing i did like about it was how it very accurately kept track of how well each person liked you, whether or not they had a grudge, or even if you had a gay admirer. The experience system was nice too because of how you got points, even if you didn't get as many as i thought you needed. but the way the game was hyped, left a lot of dissapointment for me..