PDA

View Full Version : Who the hell is JOOX?! >_>

NightFire91
14th July 2008, 11:16 AM
Alright... Is it wrong for me to feel slightly angry that a random KoC player won the wii?

The KoC admins should have at least given the wii to somebody who deserved it... I'm not saying that I wanted the wii.

I can name a handful of people who put their heart and soul into KoC, they should have won the wii! I'm not saying that #2 should have got the wii, but I know people who played KoC seriously - but never made good rank.

The KoC admins should limit it so only the top 5,000 players should be considered to win the wii.

I seriously doubt that JOOX even knows how to play KoC.

I don't even know who JOOX is, I tried looking for him on IRC. (Cyanide-X)

[17:47:52] <+NightFire91> !seen JOOX
[17:47:54] <+Dr_Merc> NightFire91, I have not seen JOOX.
[17:48:05] <Ghost> NightFire91, JOOX? hmm... I'm trying to remember... maybe... I'm not sure... no. I don't remember JOOX.

[17:47:43] <~NightFire91> !seen JOOX
[17:47:43] <&NeonByte> I don't know who JOOX is.

I can't find any posts from JOOX on GUA... I have tried looking for JOOX on "all" of the top KoC alliance and have found nothing... =|

They really did do a good job of selecting a completely random player, it just seems very unfair to me.

I seriously doubt that JOOX will even claim his wii >_>

Is it wrong for me to feel upset about this?

NightFire91

el--diablo
14th July 2008, 11:29 AM
That was quite a lot of effort to find out who it was lol...

Erm I think you are completely missing the point. You are complaining that it was given to a "random" player, but all age it had said it would be given to someone random.

The whole point of the wii from the admins point of view is as an incentive to play KOC or to at least have an account; putting a limit on ranks will ruin that.

If he doesn't claim it, I'm sure the admins will choose another random player. Perhaps rank 15,000 this time.

Scooter
14th July 2008, 11:29 AM
no, there was what? 13.5K players at the end of the age? im pretty sure the front page said "if you are active the whole age you are eligible to win a wii"...ranked 11500 with only DA doesnt sound active the whole age to me..

its just to cover their asses. they can now say that they did offer the wii to a second player but because that guy will prbly never show up again, he wont accept it and they wont have to shell out the cash.

NightFire91
14th July 2008, 11:46 AM

That's the thing, I still haven't found out who he is... even though I have spent the last hour trying to find this "JOOX" guy, I haven't been unable to get into contact with him! >_>

xAre
14th July 2008, 01:35 PM
I have a RL friend who uses the name 'joox' on some FPS games o_O. I'll go ask him if he played KOC last age.

Shorty5124
14th July 2008, 02:15 PM
google his name and see what you find

Quasar
14th July 2008, 03:45 PM
No, seriously.

I spent my 150k starting gold within two turns of last age ending and I got rank 7.5k. What's does JOOX's rank 11k state... >_> He probably never ever logged in again after the first time, AND he didn't even spend his starting gold. >_>

Amak1131
14th July 2008, 04:25 PM
I was under the impression you had to be active throughout the ENTIRE age...and actually ACTIVE, not login once a week or something:\

meeker
14th July 2008, 04:38 PM
oh come on, if you wanted the wii just made sure you were rank1, else be a random player.

Paradiso
14th July 2008, 04:49 PM
"omg they picked someone at random and it wasn't me!!!!!!!111!!!1!!!! unfair!!!1111!!!!"

Shane-
14th July 2008, 04:54 PM
Chances are... They saw he didnt login for 3-4 months, And selected him as they knew he wouldnt claim the wii... Aka the admins didnt have to spend money for two wiis

Shane

Shorty5124
14th July 2008, 04:58 PM
if you want a Wii, as far as video game systems go, they're fairly cheap....

Wings
14th July 2008, 05:32 PM
I sold everything and ranked down to 1,500..and someone from 13k rank wins. Glorious.

Amak1131
14th July 2008, 06:15 PM
"omg they picked someone at random and it wasn't me!!!!!!!111!!!1!!!! unfair!!!1111!!!!"

No, it is the fact that he did almost nil and was able to get it.

DikInABox
14th July 2008, 07:19 PM
should've given it to a LOW RANK person IN AN ALLIANCE. that way its incentive for people to actually get into the game and play A BIT (increasing the chance they might keep playing).

HoMiCiD3
14th July 2008, 09:39 PM
Alright... Is it wrong for me to feel slightly angry that a random KoC player won the wii?

The KoC admins should have at least given the wii to somebody who deserved it... I'm not saying that I wanted the wii.

I can name a handful of people who put their heart and soul into KoC, they should have won the wii! I'm not saying that #2 should have got the wii, but I know people who played KoC seriously - but never made good rank.

The KoC admins should limit it so only the top 5,000 players should be considered to win the wii.

I can't find any posts from JOOX on GUA... I have tried looking for JOOX on "all" of the top KoC alliance and have found nothing... =|

They really did do a good job of selecting a completely random player, it just seems very unfair to me.

NightFire91
90% of koc don't use irc lol and even more don't use GUA.

Erm I think you are completely missing the point. You are complaining that it was given to a "random" player, but all age it had said it would be given to someone random.

The whole point of the wii from the admins point of view is as an incentive to play KOC or to at least have an account; putting a limit on ranks will ruin that.

If he doesn't claim it, I'm sure the admins will choose another random player. Perhaps rank 15,000 this time.

That's the thing, I still haven't found out who he is... even though I have spent the last hour trying to find this "JOOX" guy, I haven't been unable to get into contact with him! >_>
you spent an hour trying to find a random from 11k? waste of time

I and many others were under the impression that it had to be someone active all age not someone just randomly chosen. No1 below 6k could be active all age and realisticly no1 below rank about 2000 would have been active all age unless they sold absolutely everything and had 0 coverts

boriszima
14th July 2008, 09:56 PM
Chances are... They saw he didnt login for 3-4 months, And selected him as they knew he wouldnt claim the wii... Aka the admins didnt have to spend money for two wiis

Shane

lol and i will go even further saying koc admins created that account too :) naw, some lucky player won, big deal.

Zeta-kun
14th July 2008, 10:38 PM
I was going to say: "Hey some random dude won get over it"

but come on this is ridiculous !!!11!!!
---------------------------------
JOOX #11,515 40 Dwarves #13,256 #6,362 #11,610 #11,398
169,168 Gold None Stockade 0 6,222 0 0
----------------------------------

Carlos
15th July 2008, 04:17 AM
I have a RL friend who uses the name 'joox' on some FPS games o_O. I'll go ask him if he played KOC last age.
no need to lie, you have no norwegian rl :D

Shane

ill bu you a wii for that post

Checkman
15th July 2008, 06:13 AM

Shane

Sadly, they probably emailed the guy.

Personally I would like to congratulate him on the speculative creation of a crap account on the basis of winning the Wii.

Nah, take that back, lucky swine, doesn't deserve crap.

Elfie

el--diablo
15th July 2008, 11:56 AM
I just don't really understand why everybody is so upset; Are you trying to tell me that you played all age just for the chance of possibly winning a wii? You didn't really expect to win it did you... This foot stamping is all a bit childish in truth.

However, there may be some truth in the fact that the admins may have just saved themselves some money. (on purpose)

El Vista
15th July 2008, 12:11 PM
JOOX #11,515 40 Dwarves #13,256 #6,362 #11,610 #11,398
169,168 Gold None Stockade 0 6,222 0 0

el--diablo, that's why.

Elmer4000
15th July 2008, 12:36 PM
Sadly, they probably emailed the guy.

Elfie

hardly - I havent heard from them yet, and its not like i`m hard to find :)

Think IŽll have to email them myself - nobody who was able to win, played for the wii - but the admins have been to lazy for us to just "let it pass" , so ....

anyone remember their direct emails ? ben/rocco@kingsofchaos.com ? after mods is having acces to the pm Koc system, I kinda wanna use a direct line now the admins dont wanna talk to any of us irl. I have a lot on my mind expect just the price, the ending, the changes etc etc.

chaser1
15th July 2008, 12:57 PM
well from the guy's stats, he DID do something. Just wasn't that good of a player. So, in my eyes, it was truly random.

boe
15th July 2008, 01:13 PM
I just don't really understand why everybody is so upset; Are you trying to tell me that you played all age just for the chance of possibly winning a wii?

yes....

You didn't really expect to win it did you...

no. although... maybe a little...

What's does JOOX's rank 11k state... >_> He probably never ever logged in again after the first time, AND he didn't even spend his starting gold. >_>

I also lost my starting gold when I first got my account :( it was robbed within a couple of minutes v_v

No1 below 6k could be active all age and realisticly no1 below rank about 2000 would have been active all age unless they sold absolutely everything and had 0 coverts

well... my rank was between 1700-1800 when the age was over and I didn't really play. Only once or twice during the past months I went on a small pillage run. Even if I didn't log in for 3 or 4 days, my rank went up on its own. And I did it all to show some activity... so I could win the wii... :( *sniffle*

WRATHZILLA
15th July 2008, 05:25 PM

NightFire91

Like you trying to find who this guy is, people who put their heart and soul into this game, have no life. This is a wake up call to these people, saying that even when you try hard, you won't get anything from this game.

Anyways, its a wii, go buy it. And if you think its expensive, then how the fuck do you expect to buy games for it. I doubt the admins sent games with it. Also, most of these people would probably just ignore the wii and continue playing koc all day anyways.

Oh yeah? what do you want to ask this guy? "HAY CONGRATS ON THE WII! LOL!" or "HAY WEAR U ACTIVE THIS AGE?" "I JUST WANTED TO KNOW IF THE ADMINS WHERE FAIR LMFAO" :HAY I JUST WANTED TO KNOW FIND OUT WHO YOU WERE, MAYBE IF U ARE A GOOD PERSON MAYBE U DERSVED THE WII ;D AND I WAS TRYING TO FIND OUT IF THE ADMINS DIDNT CREATE U SO THEY WOULDNT HAVE TO SEND U A WII" " I MADE A TOPIC ON GEEWAH ABOUT U. HEHEHE" "DO U KNOW HOW TO PLAY KOC! LAWL"

Miro
16th July 2008, 11:08 AM
I'm pretty sure there had to be some checkers going on too make sure it wasn't just a "Hey, play this game random fellow" account that was forgotten immediatly afterwards.

I have a little faith that the admins wouldn't just chuck it at someone who wouldn't know they won it.

MysteriousMan-
16th July 2008, 06:27 PM

yeah right ^^ str8 up BS

MysteriousMan-
16th July 2008, 06:32 PM
lol and i will go even further saying koc admins created that account too :) naw, some lucky player won, big deal.

word up on that my fellow russian!

SonOfSam
28th July 2008, 12:27 PM
Joox da man!!

Guys u cant complain as they specified the prize rules at the beginning of the age... winner gets a WII, random player gets a WII, so I think its totally cool that someone ranked as low as Joox got a wii (feelin a little jealous)..lol

THATS DA GAME!!!

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Totally true sensei!!

HoMiCiD3
28th July 2008, 08:19 PM
Joox da man!!

Guys u cant complain as they specified the prize rules at the beginning of the age... winner gets a WII, random player gets a WII, so I think its totally cool that someone ranked as low as Joox got a wii (feelin a little jealous)..lol

THATS DA GAME!!!

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Totally true sensei!!

wrong they specified that you had to be an active player all age and j00x clearly wasnt

WRATHZILLA
28th July 2008, 08:24 PM
wrong they specified that you had to be an active player all age and j00x clearly wasnt

How do you know? Maybe he just logged in everyday because he knew he would have a chance to win the wii. He didn't have to spend the monies.

HoMiCiD3
28th July 2008, 08:27 PM
logging in every day is not actively playing. use some common sense also start an age and just login daily see if you never grow over the whole 6 months.

SonOfSam
29th July 2008, 04:39 AM
Umm I feel everyones crying over spilled milk..or cereal..or ice cream etc...

The Wii is gone.. yaya it went to a noob.. but its gone.. so get over it!!

AngelOfWildDog
6th August 2008, 08:28 PM
The real question is:

Did he ever actually receive it?