PDA

View Full Version : This is me...

shiwlof
7th December 2004, 05:49 AM
Well this is my first post...
The forum looks pretty wicked. Some nice discussions going on here, I might stir up a few heated debates in the Religion forum, but we'll see.

My name is Charl, I am 22 years old, and from South Africa. I stay in the suburbs of a city called Cape Town. According to many people the most beautiful city in the world.

My interests range from music, cars, beach life, gaming, anything outdoors really... um and ja, many more. Best is to ask me questions and I am more than happy to answer anything. I am a open book. hehe.

So hope to have many great talks here, and meet some wicked people.

So cheers, and greetings all!

:stupid:

Phyrus
7th December 2004, 06:04 AM
nice intro :tongue:

anyway, welcome to GUA. you are welcome to post in all forums, follow the rules and have fun!

ASL
7th December 2004, 09:38 AM
Nice a south african.
I have been to south africa over 15 times :p. Cape Town is lovely and I have picked up some very very very few afrikkans (sp?). My mates call me a soti(sp?)

Have fun on GUA.

shiwlof
7th December 2004, 09:42 AM
I am sure I will, been looking around even more, and some really cool topics floating around.

Already made my mark in the religion thread. hehe

Thought I might post a pic so long...

http://www.xsi.co.za/shiwlof/pic/PolarBearclub09.jpg

I am the one the left-hand side after me and some friends' routine swim in the ocean at about 1am, feels damn good. And you don't feel more alive than when you get out that water.

:)

Second Reply after I saw the previous reply:

Nice a south african.
I have been to south africa over 15 times . Cape Town is lovely and I have picked up some very very very few afrikkans (sp?).
Where abouts are you from South Africa.

P.S: Sorry about the Rugby .

Yeah this country rocks!
And I stay about 25km from Cape Town itself. In Durbanville. Sorta crappy Durbanville site (http://www.durbanville.co.za/)

And the Rugby is a bit lumpy these days, but cricket is picking up. :D

And I am Afrikaans, it's my home langauge, and for everyone who doesn't know what Afrikaans is. It's um... also called Kitchen Dutch. hehe. A very basic form of Dutch. Very flat, but a cool language. And as far as I know the youngest langauge in the world.

Duke Manboy IV
7th December 2004, 10:20 AM
someone from Kaapstad? nice, how are you. I know some South African words like "moltrein," is that correct. It's supposed to be a metro.

Anyway, welcome [<3] to GUA, read the rules carefully and I suggest you follow them if you want this visit to be long. Use common sense and coolness and you'll be considered a cool kid within the first 4 months ;)

gimme a pm when you need something.

shiwlof
7th December 2004, 10:34 AM
Moltrein... that is pretty funny. Moltrein is basically a subway, but we don't really have any here. Just normal trains and busses. Nothing too fancy.
As for the rules, I had a look at them, all pretty basic and I will keep to them.