PDA

View Full Version : Worst Age Yet

96marrs
29th May 2008, 06:14 AM
Hi all, I've played KOC for 3-4 ages now and I have to say that this is the worst age yet for the following main reasons:

1- If you dont bank your gold within 10 seconds of the turn its gone.

2- Farming is at stupid levels, I have the same 10 or so people attacking over and over.

3- SA and DA levels are never reached.

I also think that the problems can be solved simply.

1- Limit attack turns so you cant / dont want to waste them attacking on every turn.

2- I understand that there needs to be a random factor in attacking and defending to stop the game getting boring, but as it is now its stupid. I'm currently defending at 60% my DA. Its always 40% less and never 40% more.

If I defend against someone at 60% of my DA and they attack at 60% of their SA why not just have both attack and defend at 100% and give each a random 20% varience positive and negative to keep things interesting.

What do the rest of you think?

nagrach
29th May 2008, 06:58 AM
funny thing is since age two when a new age starts the majority of the people say that the newest age is the worst age they ever played.

if the admins wouldnīt change some things it would get boring really fast.

but i have to agree to some things.
we need back the old turn system where you get one attackturn every turn and you have to use 15 to steal full gold. this would lower the stupid attacks which would lead to higher SA/DA/SPY/SENTRY and we can sleep longer without beeing attacked.

jobo
29th May 2008, 09:55 AM
funny thing is since age two when a new age starts the majority of the people say that the newest age is the worst age they ever played.

if the admins wouldnīt change some things it would get boring really fast.

but i have to agree to some things.
we need back the old turn system where you get one attackturn every turn and you have to use 15 to steal full gold. this would lower the stupid attacks which would lead to higher SA/DA/SPY/SENTRY and we can sleep longer without beeing attacked.

Wouldnt that just cause more probing ? That is just as bad IMO, i like the 1 = 15 turns rule atm

nagrach
29th May 2008, 11:12 AM
i would also like to see the 5 attacks on one person per day rule back ;)

Paradiso
29th May 2008, 12:10 PM
This age makes the rankers cranky. And when the rankers get cranky, they sab for even legit goldhits. So next age I hope the admins do something to cheer them up a bit.

xAre
29th May 2008, 03:23 PM
The random works exactly the way it is right now.
It doesn't need a tweak...

jog1
29th May 2008, 04:47 PM
The random works exactly the way it is right now.
It doesn't need a tweak...

still sucks getting defended when you got 400mil SA and the other dude as 320mil DA (it happens)

and then some other time you can lose gold when you got 400mil DA and the other dude has 320mil SA lol

xAre
30th May 2008, 01:03 AM
still sucks getting defended when you got 400mil SA and the other dude as 320mil DA (it happens)

and then some other time you can lose gold when you got 400mil DA and the other dude has 320mil SA lol

It sucks when you have 1bil SA more than the DA and fail twice in a row, then steal 60%. Yes, been there done that. But the point it randoms makes the game non-stale.

diablo_JD
31st May 2008, 01:41 AM
I don't like the random factor.

laris
1st June 2008, 09:45 AM
Hi all, I've played KOC for 3-4 ages now and I have to say that this is the worst age yet for the following main reasons:

1- If you dont bank your gold within 10 seconds of the turn its gone.

2- Farming is at stupid levels, I have the same 10 or so people attacking over and over.

3- SA and DA levels are never reached.

I also think that the problems can be solved simply.

1- Limit attack turns so you cant / dont want to waste them attacking on every turn.

2- I understand that there needs to be a random factor in attacking and defending to stop the game getting boring, but as it is now its stupid. I'm currently defending at 60% my DA. Its always 40% less and never 40% more.

If I defend against someone at 60% of my DA and they attack at 60% of their SA why not just have both attack and defend at 100% and give each a random 20% varience positive and negative to keep things interesting.

What do the rest of you think?

It's only the beginning!
Hope everyone who is reading this had a great time at the IN OLD DAYS !
Iam in swars playing,atlest aktiv admin there ..
It's dissapointing to see my fave game go to pieces after a mere 5 age in the game ....

AeliusPix
1st June 2008, 10:24 AM
People say that each current age is the worst. They say it every age. Find a better game.

Valheru_Prince
1st June 2008, 10:45 AM
As long as they donīt change the concept of Best stats wins and apply the same rules to every player players can whine all they want. It still is a fair game. Try to work out a new strategy to fit the age and your personal style.

96marrs
1st June 2008, 12:47 PM
I think something has to change, maybe even limiting the attacks you can have on a single player in 24 hours or a week.

At the minute I have this wanker that has attacked me 14 times in 10 hours and on his info page is bitching about how no one should attack him more than once a day or 3 times a week.

Paradiso
2nd June 2008, 12:39 AM
If no one has noticed, people find something to cry about EVERY age. It doesn't matter if it was better, worse, or unchanged from the previous one, people still complain. But people still play and have fun despite what they'll post on GUA about the rules sucking.

I do think they should give us less attack turns (this is coming from a slayer mind you) because with this many we can never use them all and the big accounts get hit every turn, which pisses them off. And the goldhits are lower.

Valheru_Prince
2nd June 2008, 07:28 AM
especially the mid-ranged accounts can't build up. There is a huge gap between the people with decent TBG and the ones able to take that money on one side. And on the other side there are the less active, less clicking people who can't do proper gold raids and have no real chance of getting up high with big stats like previous ages. I'd like to compare the final stats of this age with previous ages. I think they are quite a bit lower...And we all like big numbers right?