PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who refuses to click ?

STARBLASTER
4th April 2008, 10:29 PM
I stopped clicking the day I found out that 80 UP was the max upgrade.
I stopped clicking because felt like I was being blackmailed into doing so.
Anyone else share this feeling.
Besides... those clickers were eating the heck out of my ISP data quota.

pamdora
4th April 2008, 11:57 PM
I have quite a few of my officers don't click for varying reasons. No one has ever said they wouldn't click due to koc admins blackmailing them into it though.

~mini~
5th April 2008, 03:53 PM
huh, i dont bother clicking no more since i just cba, i clicked like 100k 1 age and it did me nothing, now iam ranking ok with a low tff and no clicking its way better

RealGM_Bossofbosses
5th April 2008, 07:15 PM
I clicked in the beginning of the age...when I was unemployed.

And then I got a job and a gf.

So fuck that =p

Honestly I wish I never clicked in the beginning of the age. Then I wouldnt have a need to purchase some da. Otherwise Id be rolling with a vicious sa high spy and sentry, da, protecting your tbg, and coverts can kiss my ass what a boring way to play. I hope someone with a 350mil sa just 250s my account coverts into the ground so I can sell my da for more sa spy n sentry.

Kill3rSam
5th April 2008, 08:17 PM
Honestly I wish I never clicked in the beginning of the age. Then I wouldnt have a need to purchase some da. Otherwise Id be rolling with a vicious sa high spy and sentry, da, protecting your tbg, and coverts can kiss my ass what a boring way to play. I hope someone with a 350mil sa just 250s my account coverts into the ground so I can sell my da for more sa spy n sentry.

That makes no sense at all ? just sell the Da and you'll see your coverts demolishing fast lol

RealGM_Bossofbosses
6th April 2008, 06:20 AM
That makes no sense at all ? just sell the Da and you'll see your coverts demolishing fast lol

I wanna counter inflict good damage on their sa. Yeah Ill eat a small 80-100mil repair bill from masses because of the da, which I replace with a few gold hits..

but I get pleasure knowing that someone has to hold a few bpms and eat a big SA repair bill with me :D

I for one hate massing high da targets when you got decent SA and unhold as many bpms as possible to minimize repair bill of SA post mass.

RiChardge
6th April 2008, 02:36 PM

Hush, I stopped clicking in age 4 or 5.

Agent-of-Mayhem
7th April 2008, 07:45 AM
I wanna counter inflict good damage on their sa. Yeah Ill eat a small 80-100mil repair bill from masses because of the da, which I replace with a few gold hits..

but I get pleasure knowing that someone has to hold a few bpms and eat a big SA repair bill with me :D

I for one hate massing high da targets when you got decent SA and unhold as many bpms as possible to minimize repair bill of SA post mass.

No one masses noobs. Dont worry, your save.

alwaysl00king2
21st April 2008, 10:52 AM

I havn't said much about what I think about the ad's on the KoC recruit pages, but I do have to agree with you once I saw the 80 UPS.

I don't mind clicking, because it's part of strategy, but if it becomes the only option to the game, I can't see me staying with KoC, I will find another game which suites me better.

(I've been with KoC since age 1)

AL2

FirePenguins
23rd April 2008, 11:05 AM
My problem with clicking is that if you click legally (without an ad blocker) even with a fast connection you can only click like 10 to 15 cpm. With an ad blocker you can click 70 to 100 cpm pretty easy. So it's just one more way that cheaters can get ahead. That's basically why I'm not playing atm. Clicking is way too slow if you don't cheat and there's not really any UP so it's just frustrating.

Tanya
23rd April 2008, 11:50 AM
i could click 40/minute without adblocker then for some reason my pc sulked and despite how many times i've bitchslapped it, it wont go faster than 10 clicks per minute

FirePenguins
23rd April 2008, 12:01 PM
i could click 40/minute without adblocker then for some reason my pc sulked and despite how many times i've bitchslapped it, it wont go faster than 10 clicks per minute

The ads seem to have gotten slower at loading and a more obnoxious and loud. If the admins would just take ads off of recruit pages that would be nice. I think it would keep more players playing and not as many people would have ad blockers loaded when they weren't clicking, so they would make the money back.

PlayBo!
23rd April 2008, 03:01 PM
I clicked like a maniac @ first then thought, fuck it, why should i play a game that involves me clicking more than actually playing.

Fallout2man
23rd April 2008, 10:50 PM
The ads seem to have gotten slower at loading and a more obnoxious and loud. If the admins would just take ads off of recruit pages that would be nice. I think it would keep more players playing and not as many people would have ad blockers loaded when they weren't clicking, so they would make the money back.

Ads on the recruiting pages are the entire POINT behind the game mechanic of clicking. Haven't you ever stopped to think about why the game's central focus is on getting as many unique people as possible to click a link and view a page?

I used to click my own link every so often, I have ad blockers up that cover almost every advertising server on any site I've visited so it never bothered me. I've also firmly refused to ever click another's link, have officers, be under someone else, or join an alliance.

Surprisingly, with some effort I was able to get a rank in the 1500 range, and I may be able to get it into the triple digits before the age ends.

Interceptor428
25th April 2008, 05:11 AM
what can i say, theres a lot of us that do, but the brainless oxygen thieving clickfags out there are the ones the admins want, more clicks=more advertising dollars

xAre
25th April 2008, 06:24 AM
I'd take my adblocker programs off (or well, exclude them from working on http://*.kingsofchaos.com) if they would tune down the ads a bit. Something like google-ads and a few other small stuff. The only reason most people use adblockers is due to ads like 'errorsafe' that hijacks the entire browser window OR ads like the emoticon ones that blurt out high sounds. Flashing ads are also annoying :p

Fallout2man
26th April 2008, 04:31 AM
I'd take my adblocker programs off (or well, exclude them from working on http://*.kingsofchaos.com) if they would tune down the ads a bit. Something like google-ads and a few other small stuff. The only reason most people use adblockers is due to ads like 'errorsafe' that hijacks the entire browser window OR ads like the emoticon ones that blurt out high sounds. Flashing ads are also annoying :p

...or intellitxt ads that hijack articles, or flash ads with spyare, or any of the thousand other ads that often slow page loading and break up content.

Surprisingly I've found the most effective way to block ads, on a windows PC anyway, is a well-updated (by hand) HOSTS file. Adding a domain as 0.0.0.0 actually will automatically prevent it from ever being requested. It works wonders.

I'd say all KoC ads should be blocked until clicking is either eliminated or marginalized as the primary game mechanic for gaining power.

xAre
26th April 2008, 04:41 AM
...or intellitxt ads that hijack articles, or flash ads with spyare, or any of the thousand other ads that often slow page loading and break up content.

Surprisingly I've found the most effective way to block ads, on a windows PC anyway, is a well-updated (by hand) HOSTS file. Adding a domain as 0.0.0.0 actually will automatically prevent it from ever being requested. It works wonders.

I'd say all KoC ads should be blocked until clicking is either eliminated or marginalized as the primary game mechanic for gaining power.

YES, LETS CHANGE THE WAY THE ENTIRE GAME HAS WORKED FOR AGES.
[/sarcasm]

Fallout2man
26th April 2008, 02:17 PM
YES, LETS CHANGE THE WAY THE ENTIRE GAME HAS WORKED FOR AGES.
[/sarcasm]

Well that's fine then, no advertising dollars for them ;)