PDA

View Full Version : Prescription for Reviving Kings of Chaos

Untitled
31st March 2008, 11:21 AM
Please read all my suggestions before responding to any specific one, because they all work together.

Race Bonuses
Dwarves: 25% Defense
Orcs: 25% Attack
Elves: 25% Spy
Undead: 25% Sentry

Weapons
Make all weapons for each race exactly the same in cost and strength, but make them all have unique names.

Upgrades
Make all upgrades for each race exactly the same, but make them all have unique names.

Attack Turns
One attack turn per turn (48 per day).
Attacks for gold cost 15 turns.
1 turn attacks do damage to weapons whether you win the attack or not.
If you win the attack, no spies or sentries are killed.
Limit 5 attacks per player per day.

Sabotage
You can only sabotage successfully if your spy is 1/4 the defender's sentry rating.
You can sabotage a player 10 times per day, and each time you sabotage them your percentage of success is based on the ratio of your spy rating to their sentry rating. If your spy rating is 1/2 of their sentry, you will succeed 1 in every 2 attempts. If your spy is 10x your opponents sentry, you will only fail 1 in every 10 times.
Spy and sentry weapons cannot be sabotaged.
If a spy is caught, he is killed and his weapon is lost.
You can sabotage 100,000 strength for each spy you send (currently that's 10 Invisibility Shields), and you cannot sabotage more than 10% of an opponent's armory at once.
You can send up to 25 spies, but each additional spy you send decreases your chance of success by 10%. (Example, if your spy is equal to your opponent's sentry, you will succeed on 50% of your attempts if you send 1 spy. If you send 2 spies, you will succeed on 45% of your attempts, if you send 3 spies, you will succeed on 41.5% of your attempts, and so on).

Recon
Anyone can recon anyone, but your chance of success is based on the ratio of your spy rating to your opponent's sentry rating. If you have 1/100th of your opponent's sentry rating in spy, your chance of success will be 1 in 100. If you have 10 billion spy and your opponent has a sentry rating of 100, your chances of success will be 100,000,000 to 1.
If a recon fails, your spy dies and you lose his spy tool.

Turn Based Gold
Every race receives 28 gold per soldier per turn.

Unit Production
1 soldier per day - 10,000 gold
2 soldiers per day - 100,000 gold
3 soldiers per day - 1,000,000 gold
4 soldiers per day - 10,000,000 gold
5 soldiers per day - 100,000,000 gold
etc
(basically, make UP useless)

Unique Links
Allow 1 click per unique link per day for each IP, and strictly enforce restrictions on using multiple IPs in any way. The same person shouldn't be allowed to click the same link twice per day no matter how they do it (proxying, computer labs, etc).
Commanders recruit 1 soldier for every 2 their officer recruits.

Age Length
The length of each Age is unannounced and random, but will not exceed 4 months.

Winning the Age
Same way you win now. Tie goes to the player with the lowest TFF.

Shane-
31st March 2008, 12:00 PM
Races:
Bonus - Sure
Keep Humans

Weapons:
Keep them the way they are now...

Attacking:
Same as age 7... lol

Sab:
1/4 = Good
Success Rate - Dont make it static
Spy/Sentry Cant be sabbed - Sure
Always loses a weapon - No
100,000 Strenth - No

Recon:
Keep it the way it is now (Aprox 1:18)

TBG:
Keep it the way it is.

Unit Pro:
No. Make it like age 7

Clicking:
No... Keep it the way it is now, Or go back to age 7 clicking...

Age Lenth:
Between 3-6 months,

Winning a age:
Keep it the way it is now... But dont do it based on the smallest armysize... Base it on gold spend

Shane

xAre
31st March 2008, 12:49 PM
Everything complete rollback to either age5 or age7.

tiger45
1st April 2008, 06:26 AM
Please read all my suggestions before responding to any specific one, because they all work together.

Race Bonuses
Dwarves: 25% Defense
Orcs: 25% Attack
Elves: 25% Spy
Undead: 25% Sentry

Weapons
Make all weapons for each race exactly the same in cost and strength, but make them all have unique names.

Upgrades
Make all upgrades for each race exactly the same, but make them all have unique names.

Attack Turns
One attack turn per turn (48 per day).
Attacks for gold cost 15 turns.
1 turn attacks do damage to weapons whether you win the attack or not.
Limit 5 attacks per player per day.

Sabotage
You can only sabotage successfully if your spy is 1/4 the defender's sentry rating.
You can sabotage a player 10 times per day, and each time you sabotage them your percentage of success is based on the ratio of your spy rating to their sentry rating. If your spy rating is 1/2 of their sentry, you will succeed 1 in every 2 attempts. If your spy is 10x your opponents sentry, you will only fail 1 in every 10 times.
Spy and sentry weapons cannot be sabotaged.
If a spy is caught, he is killed and his weapon is lost.
You can sabotage 100,000 strength for each spy you send (currently that's 10 Invisibility Shields), and you cannot sabotage more than 10% of an opponent's armory at once.
You can send up to 25 spies, but each additional spy you send decreases your chance of success by 10%. (Example, if your spy is equal to your opponent's sentry, you will succeed on 50% of your attempts if you send 1 spy. If you send 2 spies, you will succeed on 45% of your attempts, if you send 3 spies, you will succeed on 41.5% of your attempts, and so on).

Recon
Anyone can recon anyone, but your chance of success is based on the ratio of your spy rating to your opponent's sentry rating. If you have 1/100th of your opponent's sentry rating in spy, your chance of success will be 1 in 100. If you have 10 billion spy and your opponent has a sentry rating of 100, your chances of success will be 100,000,000 to 1.
If a recon fails, your spy dies and you lose his spy tool.

Turn Based Gold
Every race receives 28 gold per soldier per turn.

Unit Production
1 soldier per day - 10,000 gold
2 soldiers per day - 100,000 gold
3 soldiers per day - 1,000,000 gold
4 soldiers per day - 10,000,000 gold
5 soldiers per day - 100,000,000 gold
etc
(basically, make UP useless)

Unique Links
Allow 1 click per unique link per day for each IP, and strictly enforce restrictions on using multiple IPs in any way. The same person shouldn't be allowed to click the same link twice per day no matter how they do it (proxying, computer labs, etc).
Commanders recruit 1 soldier for every 2 their officer recruits.

Age Length
The length of each Age is unannounced and random, but will not exceed 4 months.

Winning the Age
Same way you win now. Tie goes to the player with the lowest TFF.

Races : Could be good without someone having a 25% More TBG, but it's better to keep it.

Weapons : It's better to stay at they are now (if all are changed, that will be pain to most of the scripters ;) ) W/e, keep them the way they are, name doesn't really matter.

Upgrade : Same for weapons.

Attack Turns : All good except this :

No way to hurt a sabber anymore (I am one) so sabbers don't tell me you whine of them ;).

Sabotage : I didn't do the math you said about it, but I played age 7 till now, not a lot for others, but for me that's quiet a lot ;).. So if sab rules are like age7 rules, they are good if it's not a very long age like it was...
But I'll keep that for those who played much more than me, and they can give better opinions...

Recon : I agree with Shane, it's good now.

TBG: It is like that now, except for Humans and Dwarves, but let it back like it was before.

Unit Production : I totally Disagree, first thing, I can't click, even once all the list in recruiters, bad connection+bad computer = No Clicking!
So in age 7-8 I was counting on UP, and much more other than me do that.
So you can't make UP useless and with the clicking rules you said.. No One will be able to catch 1 mill TFF, unless they have a bunch of officers...

Unique Links : It would be fair for everyone, but I don't think players will like it, the way it is now, It is fair, and like you said, but besides 1 time per player, it's 5 time.. Fair Enough for all...So no one can click it more than 5 times a day, and you need to be logged in to click, so no one can use proxies, or other computers or w/e you mentioned...

Age Length : By being random, between how much you mean??
But the 4 months length is good..

Winning : I won't win ;).. W/e, I don't know how they decide at the end who wins, but let it be like it is.