PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here

Destruantes
1st March 2008, 10:11 AM
I just registered today, created an account and started attacking...but when I attack the results are allways the same: my army flees

now, I've spent all my money on weapons so...yeah...what gives?

Shane-
1st March 2008, 10:45 AM
People your attacking are to strong, Try hitting people closer to your own rank group

Shane

Valheru_Prince
1st March 2008, 04:48 PM
you were probably unranked. It should be fine now (ranks have been updated)

Kill3rSam
1st March 2008, 05:20 PM
To avoid wasting turns it's clever to recon people for their defence before attacking, you need some spy for that though.

U22neos
3rd March 2008, 04:10 PM
I just registered today, created an account and started attacking...but when I attack the results are allways the same: my army flees

now, I've spent all my money on weapons so...yeah...what gives? it may take a few days to be able to attack some players because you either don't have the army size or the wepons. One good thing to do is to attack people lower in rank because they more than likely won't have the defence that the higher players do

L0B0
4th March 2008, 04:41 AM
You WERE unranked. Valheru was right. Wait untill you see yourself ranked, then aim for people around you, just to try your strength...

capkop
4th March 2008, 08:28 AM
it may take a few days to be able to attack some players because you either don't have the army size or the wepons. One good thing to do is to attack people lower in rank because they more than likely won't have the defence that the higher players do
both army size and weapons have nothing to do with being able to attack someone or not.. as long as you dont attack someone more then 10k ranks higher then you, you can attack.

U22neos
4th March 2008, 01:24 PM
both army size and weapons have nothing to do with being able to attack someone or not.. as long as you dont attack someone more then 10k ranks higher then you, you can attack.
then why is it i attack some one on my page they defend it.... its because there defence is higher than my attack

how do you get more attack? more wepons and trained attack guys is it not?

capkop
4th March 2008, 02:16 PM
then why is it i attack some one on my page they defend it.... its because there defence is higher than my attack

how do you get more attack? more wepons and trained attack guys is it not?
I thought the question was how he could have his attacks to 'not retreat' as he said his army fleed.

In case he wanted to know how he can win an attack you're right I suppose..

Valheru_Prince
4th March 2008, 04:36 PM
Valheru was right.

But ofcourse!

However the other comments were true as well. You flee if the rank difference is to big and attacks will be defended unless your SA is higher then the opponents DA. However there is a random factor that causes lower DA's to win sometimes from higher SA's.

U22neos
4th March 2008, 10:59 PM
ya i hate how that happens i spy on a guy and hes got a lower DA than my SA and i attack him 3 times befor i get threw and then i look like an ass attacking him 3 times lol

L0B0
5th March 2008, 02:01 AM
U22neos, I know of some English language courses online..... ;-)

Seriously now, if I haven't misunderstood you, your problem is that you spy someone, his DA is lower than your SA, but nonetheless your attacks don't succeed... is that right?

In that case, and let anyone correct me if I'm wrong, siege technology or fortifications come in play, adding some percentage to the overall SA and DA (respectively).

... I don't know if I've explained well enough...

PlayBo!
5th March 2008, 04:17 AM
I read that this is the formula as to why it happends i may be wrong though so dont quote me.

100 mil * 60% = 60 mil Damage dealt by you.
80 mil * 80% = 64 mil Damage dealt by the defender

Valheru_Prince
5th March 2008, 06:37 AM
calm down, L0B0 is wrong. The siege and forts are calculated in the SA/DA so there is only the random factor that determines the true damage. PlayBo! gave a good example for that...

U22neos
5th March 2008, 06:59 AM
calm down, L0B0 is wrong. The siege and forts are calculated in the SA/DA so there is only the random factor that determines the true damage. PlayBo! gave a good example for that...I knew he was wrong I just didn't like his opening sentance :) well just to let him know when people do that i start to do it more, and on perpouse just to bu the hell out of them but i still try to make the post readable

L0B0
6th March 2008, 05:14 AM
Sorry if I sounded badmannered, I didn't mean, it was kinda joke (the smiley tried to show my intentions but it seems to have failed).

I was trying to point that I had some trouble understanding U22neos.

And sorry for being mistaken in my SA/DA/percentages explanation... I actually don't know how it really works, so give credit to PlayBo, not to me.

But U22neos, if you let me say so, writing in a forum should not like writing an SMS, thus complete words and punctuation marks are welcome, specially for a nonspeaking-English person like me. It's not my intention to offend, but to better understand everybody, the same as I try to make me understand in my poor, long-ago-studied English.

Cheerz