PDA

View Full Version : Ideas

deadly_marshmallow
23rd February 2008, 03:22 PM
Hello people.. I'm new to this forum, so I apologize if some of this stuff has already been said before. I've been playing KoC on and off since Age 5, and from my small amount of experience playing I have come up with (and heard from other people) some great ideas.

An Upgradeable Safe
Intelligence Report Compiling
Army Morale

Let me explain..
The Safe- A place you can keep your money safe (duh). The gold kept in this "safe" can't be touched by attacking armies. It doesn't even show up in your treasury. You could start off with a small safe that only holds.. 2,000 gold. You could then proceed to upgrade it, just as you do Covert Skill and Unit Production. Each upgrade would increase the amount of money the safe could hold. You could come up with clever names for the safe (Iron Safe - 2,000 Gold capacity, Diamond Safe - 1,000,000 Gold capacity, and so on)

Intelligence Report Compiling- Someone else mentioned this one already (I think) but I'm gonna put it here anyways. Every time you recon someone, you get a separate report. Sometimes it takes you 3 or 4 times before you can see what you're trying to see right? Well, what if all the reports were just compiled together. Just think about real life. You think a country spies on another specific country, they keep hundreds of separate reports for each mission? No, they combine all the different information into one report. Brilliant!

Army Morale- In real life, when an army fights a battle, they're attitude is affected by the outcome. If the win, their morale goes up. If they lose, it goes down. Realistically, a groups morale can have a huge effect on their performance (every played football for a team that's going through a losing streak?). Why not incorporate some type of "Morale Meter" into KoC? Every attack your army defends boosts morale depending on a number of factors- Number of Soldiers lost, Difference between attackers SA and your DA, etc.

Every time you get one of YOUR attacks defended, your morale drops. Same system. Every time you attack someone and win, your morale goes up. The opposite would be true for getting one of your attacks defended. Get it?

These are just ideas that I think would make KoC more fun. What do you guys think? Any ideas to add? Criticisms? Speak up!

I forgot to say the point of the Morale Meter (oops!)

When your morale is high, your troops will do more damage. Example- Joe attacks Bob. Joe has 20 billion SA. Bob has 21 billion DA. Joe has a high morale because he has won his last 12 attacks on people. Bobs morale is neutral. Joe ends up doing 22 billion damage, while Bob only retaliates for 21 billion (his original DA). Make sense?

The morale system would get rid of this ridiculous % system or whatever it is that makes someone with 20 billion SA only do 19.2 billion damage.

Scooter
23rd February 2008, 09:27 PM
bank idea..dont like it...thats what the entire game would end up being and people would create fakes to just bank gold for sells

intelligence compilation..i like it..makes things a lot easier

morale...naw...then people would just attack a ton of people that they know they can beat. its also completely pointless from the DA side since they cant decide when they want to be attack or by who..so the morale from them cant be managed at all.

chaotic_conquer
23rd February 2008, 09:36 PM
I like the idea of recons compiling =D

the_last_dawn
23rd February 2008, 10:06 PM
The recons compiling is pretty much the best out of all of them. The others are just kinda not going to work. Army morale cant be done in a numbers game. The safe is just like clan wars ( another game like KOC). Dont want KOC to start copying others.

deadly_marshmallow
23rd February 2008, 10:45 PM
Nobody seems to like the army morale idea :lookdown:

Yall did bring up some good points though. You could make the morale meter visible only to the player. The meter would just be a type of bonus thing. If your army's morale is high, you get a boost, if it's nothing, you get no boost. I guess you could have negative morale, but that would be more difficult (low morale - soldiers leave, DA/SA drop, etc.)

My original idea was to have a meter something like this...

its also completely pointless from the DA side since they cant decide when they want to be attack or by who..so the morale from them cant be managed at all.

Thanks for the criticism, but i'm not quite sure I know what you mean. Explain?

Army morale cant be done in a numbers game.

Why not?

Moosey
24th February 2008, 10:04 AM
[ This thread (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=63061) ] tells you about intel logs been consolidated...

At least you're thinking of new ideas for the game ^^. Army morale wouldn't really work, as NamelessEnforcer rightly said, a defending player wouldn't have any control over when they're attacked (common sense?). So they can't influence morale. The idea is like being able to turn sabotage on and off for your specific account - you only want it to work when you want it too...

Actually it can be done in a numbers game - KoC is just a big calculator like any other text-based MMORPG; It can work in a number of ways, easiest would be to store information in an extra row in the database, and call it whenever you attack/attacked, and the attack/defence abilities affected to relate to Marshmallow's maths.

Intel logs are actually really easy to consolidate. There's been updates to both mySQL and PHP to allow coders to do such things as this, and with AJAX it's easily done. Whether the admins actually can be bothered to do this though is a totally different matter... _

Scooter
24th February 2008, 01:15 PM
I mean that the person being attacked couldnt manage the morale of their defensive soldiers.

When you are attacked, the attacker generally knows that they can beat you and thats why there are barely any defended attacks in your logs. Since this is the case, the morale of your defensive soldiers would constantly be going down as they get defeated by people that know they can beat you.

deadly_marshmallow
24th February 2008, 04:51 PM
Alright, I see what you're saying now. I guess when you take a step back and look at the big picture, it's a flawed concept.. ah well. It would work good for me lol I get a ton of defended attacks. I really wish people would just learn to recon.. It just blows my mind that people never recon. It doesn't take up attack turns. You don't lose men. It costs you nothing. Why not do it?

Anyways, that's a whole different topic. Why hasn't Intelligence Report Compiling been integrated into KoC yet?

Scooter
24th February 2008, 08:44 PM
because the admins are too lazy to code something like that :D

deadly_marshmallow
24th February 2008, 09:35 PM
Eh.. it shouldn't be that difficult. If they can create this whole game, I'd think they could put together a basic code to combine multiple reports for one person. While they're at it, they could make some kind of nifty battle animation screen that shows crude replays of battles that take place lol

Anybody out there every played GalCivII? Yea, sorta like that.

Moosey
25th February 2008, 03:02 PM
Why hasn't Intelligence Report Compiling been integrated into KoC yet?

Why has it taken them 4(?) ages to implement a fifth race? Lol, true they probably have loads of other things to do other than KoC but with it's userbase it's practically a full time job looking after it.

Battle animation would kinda contradict the whole "text-based mmorpg" genre tho? They've put together a calculator that spits out results - actually coding something for a change might be a bit too much for them...

:fear:

U22neos
3rd March 2008, 11:57 PM
Report Compiling would be a verry nice idea i do it manualy over notepad so i can save it and look it up for later refrance/ update it or print it out for friends so they have the info too