PDA

View Full Version : Shiny new look?

amelocik
7th February 2008, 02:35 PM
Hey all - I'm new to KoC, sure, and I'm, no graphic designer, but is anyone else really irritated by the fact that every faction's tabard is basically the same? I like the layout of a lot of this site, but, man, if I play the undead, I don't want my identity to just be "the rusted-ass leftovers of humans," which, in and of themselves, happen to be "the more tarnished leftovers of the elves," or "the less alloyed stuff of the dwarves," or "like orcs, but in better repair."
Imagine our armies meeting on the field of battle. Hundreds of soldiers attacking walled towns with guard dorgs, lookout towers sounding alarms, volleys of arrows as the undead shambling hordes advance, hidden menacingly behind drooping plate mail and invisibility shields, the smoke from black power missiles stinging the eyes, smoke and fire and blood and the cries of retreat, panic, victory, and chaos?
And, incidentally, no one can tell WHO THE HELL THEY'RE FIGHTING BECAUSE EVERYONE IS WAVING THE SAME FREAKING STANDARD!!!
It just irritates me. This isn't the War of the Roses here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wars_of_the_Roses), this is a fantasy world with orcs and dwarves and spies and magical armor...
What can we do about this?!

Valheru_Prince
10th February 2008, 06:10 PM
we can't do anything about it but you can post a suggestion in the throne room and hope the admins agree with you....

Volcano
11th February 2008, 10:03 AM
More unique race-based weapons seems like the next step for this game, though I'm sure the idea has been brought up before in previos ages... not because of this 'theatrical roleplaying' element you're hitting on, but just to create more variety and difference between each race. It comes down to a personal choice by the admins, I guess? Perhaps they don't want to stray from the formula they've got right now. But as of now having the same weapons across the board simply means less shit to memorize when you're trying to sab someone.

Zilton_001
12th February 2008, 04:53 PM
More unique race-based weapons seems like the next step for this game, though I'm sure the idea has been brought up before in previos ages... not because of this 'theatrical roleplaying' element you're hitting on, but just to create more variety and difference between each race. It comes down to a personal choice by the admins, I guess? Perhaps they don't want to stray from the formula they've got right now. But as of now having the same weapons across the board simply means less shit to memorize when you're trying to sab someone.

maybe only the ultimate weapon should be unique while all other should be the same. Especially Invisibility Shield sounds like a toy to me.

Make it armour of living death for the undead for example :P
Chaos armour to orcs.
Full plate for humans.
Mithril should d be the unique ultimate for dwarfs(mithril is supposed to be rare).
As regards the elves you can name it "sissy, skinny, filthy armour" :badger_2: