PDA

View Full Version : Sick of "dont attack while online"

L0B0
29th January 2008, 03:28 AM
Aw, come on, if attacking online is permitted, why do I have to let you go?
Of course is bad news when you're getting some gold to buy something and someone attacks you and get your money.... IT'S PART OF THE GAME!!! I do have to bear with that, so I attack, get some money and buy ONE thing.

STOP COMPLAINING!!!

Other idea would be to have some kind of "online protection", but this is something that the admins should develop, so is not in our hands (but just asking for).

Krom
29th January 2008, 04:24 AM
Of course is bad news when you're getting some gold to buy something and someone attacks you and get your money.... IT'S PART OF THE GAME!!! I do have to bear with that, so I attack, get some money and buy ONE thing.

STOP COMPLAINING!!!

Other idea would be to have some kind of "online protection", but this is something that the admins should develop, so is not in our hands (but just asking for).

Thank you someone else agrees with me :yay:

Gotjen
29th January 2008, 04:39 AM
Why isn't it allowed to complain when people attack you when you're online? Or SAB them into oblivion afterwards?

IT'S PART OF THE GAME!!! (caps)

^^

L0B0
29th January 2008, 04:47 AM
Why isn't it allowed to complain when people attack you when you're online?
In fact, it IS allowed, and it's kinda fashionable, everybody asking for not attacking them while online... or even sending rude messages if attacked...

Are they sending messages to everyone who attacks them? I won't feel sorry for them, and indeed, I'll be becoming more aggresive on people who's online.... at this stage of the Age it's the best way to get some gold.

I don't like whiners... like those who say "don't attack for less than XXX gold".

This is a WARGAME. You attack, you get attacked, sab and get sabbed...

the_last_dawn
29th January 2008, 04:55 AM
Let me just say that YOU dont understand online attacking until you get to the top and have to deal with "stupid people". This whole online thing goes round and round. I dont mind online attacking but the fact is you gotta pay the consequences. so if you wanna online attack and say its part of the game then get ready to get sabbed back. You know why? Because its a WAR GAME!

Zilton_001
29th January 2008, 05:24 AM
In fact, it IS allowed, and it's kinda fashionable, everybody asking for not attacking them while online... or even sending rude messages if attacked...

Are they sending messages to everyone who attacks them? I won't feel sorry for them, and indeed, I'll be becoming more aggresive on people who's online.... at this stage of the Age it's the best way to get some gold.

I don't like whiners... like those who say "don't attack for less than XXX gold".

Well people have other things to do appart from playing CoK you know. There's work, shcool, gym, foreing languages ect ect plus some other more sophisticated computer games.
So when it comes to playing CoK it is funny and a nice online game but our time is restricted and the majority plays for 15-30 mins only maximum 1 hour, when they stay offline 11 hours a day therefore it's getting irritating not being able to play for at least 10 mins online.

There are 20k+ players offline out there ffs! :blackmage:

L0B0
29th January 2008, 05:46 AM
Zilton_001, I DO play for 30 minutes: I work, have a wife and a child, do some sports and whatever. If attacking online is so irritating, ask the admins to protect it, but do not ask people on how to behave when they play inside the rules.

And SIRPWNALOT, I don't mind if I get sabbed or attacked back (in fact, several times I got attacked back and the money returned to the origin...). I pay the consequences. I like KoC this way. It's thrilling when trying to get an Invisibility shield and need 5-6 attacks (at this stage of the Age) and you know you're being watched. With some kind of online protection there would be no thrill at all, just strategy and planification... but it's my humble opinion.

If you don't like the rules, try to change them.

Cheerz and forgive my english, I'm from Spain.

vengefuldeath87
29th January 2008, 06:37 AM
omg, no attack protection, that would be lame. the best soloution would be remove the online indicator, then noone can complain!

Kill3rSam
29th January 2008, 07:12 AM
For me , the online displayment added a new dynamic to the game, Speed.

Why would be so friendly not to attack people while they are online ? I taught this game was ment to be competative, be bether then other people, if your Sa overrules one's Da, the gold he has is yourse.
If your attacking time is faster then his banking time, the gold is yourse.

All right,when this game was new a lot of people where still on dial up and not everyone could acces the game on an equal speed, i believe today most players have a similar speed(still limited cus of the server's connection speed lol) and the ability to see if/ifnot others are online is nice :)

tiger45
29th January 2008, 08:11 AM
Protection while online is the worst idea.
Anyone able to use an autorefresher won't be attacked at all?
Besides
The player that will recieve the most sells in the top will win, why? Coz no one will be able to see the sells and get them.
So I'd prefer Venge's idea about deleting the online indicator :)
But why do that? Just attack when u want, or get attacked when you are. It is a game, and just to have fun with.
So have fun, and don't complain about being attacked.

But there is sometimes that you go angry for being attacked online, when a player recon you (online) after that, he attacked (online), I didn't have any money, besides he got defended. That's irritating, but being attacked while online for a good gold is the fault of not being speed or attacking more than once to get a specify thing.

INFERNO.
29th January 2008, 09:16 AM
pfff. Ive heard loads of people like you saying that other complain of the online hits. But then people like you, complains when you get sabbed to hell.

L0B0
29th January 2008, 09:31 AM
pfff. Ive heard loads of people like you saying that other complain of the online hits. But then people like you, complains when you get sabbed to hell.
It's funny talking abouy "you" and "people like you" and "your granma" and "whatever", but if you don't quote, please refer to the nickname.

I DON'T GIVE A S**T if I get sabbed back.... well, to tell the truth, I get mad but I resign myself and start all over again, cos that's the way it is. In fact, I've been attacked back -after an online attack- and the guy got his gold back, so I congratulate him.

Getting sabbed is part of the game, as a consequence of an online attack or by joining an alliance in the middle of a war -as it turned to happen to me on Age7- and I don't complain about that... ^^

tiger45
29th January 2008, 10:04 AM

If you mean me by you
then you don't know me ^^

Zilton_001
29th January 2008, 02:24 PM
For me , the online displayment added a new dynamic to the game, Speed.

Why would be so friendly not to attack people while they are online ? I taught this game was ment to be competative, be bether then other people, if your Sa overrules one's Da, the gold he has is yourse.
If your attacking time is faster then his banking time, the gold is yourse.

All right,when this game was new a lot of people where still on dial up and not everyone could acces the game on an equal speed, i believe today most players have a similar speed(still limited cus of the server's connection speed lol) and the ability to see if/if not others are online is nice :)
Then I assume you wouldn't mind if I find you online and hit you, when you've gathered all your gold trying to buy a new weapon or get a 1mil+ upgrade.

Secondly the online protections would be lame just as lame are the threats so many people type out there. When I'm being hit onine I attack back and take my gold if possible(and I have done so many times since I seize spy/SA) Otherwise I try to sab and 10 sabed plates although not much at the moment give me at least some satisfaction. But without telling them a damm single word!

However is truly irritating when trying to play for 15 mins and find out you can't and you have to w8 until you take back all the turns you lost by attacking someone's gold and loosing it right away.

Kill3rSam
29th January 2008, 02:46 PM
Then I assume you wouldn't mind if I find you online and hit you, when you've gathered all your gold trying to buy a new weapon or get a 1mil+ upgrade.

Go ahead ;) and see if you are faster then i can spend. In games like Tyrants Anarchy, speed and attacking online is a lot more crucial then in KoC , KoC is a rather slow game.

Krom
29th January 2008, 02:46 PM

Secondly the online protections would be lame just as lame are the threats so many people type out there. When I'm being hit onine I attack back and take my gold if possible(and I have done so many times since I seize spy/SA) Otherwise I try to sab and 10 sabed plates although not much at the moment give me at least some satisfaction. But without telling them a damm single word!

However is truly irritating when trying to play for 15 mins and find out you can't and you have to w8 until you take back all the turns you lost by attacking someone's gold and loosing it right away.

so you are just going to sit there and attack 10 people till you have enough for a major upgrade? of course someone is going to take it that doesnt make sense. If you need to spend a large amount of gold you should bank it by buying weapons, and when you are ready to spend sell the weapons and spend fast. You can only sell the weapons for 75% but that is better than getting attacked and losing everything.

Kill3rSam
29th January 2008, 02:48 PM
Well then you have a 25% garanteed loss, while if you do an attack spree (and have a decent sentry) you have a % chance you are fast enough. I myself prefer the 2nd option and combine both , when prepared well and done fast enough you will usually succeed.

Zilton_001
29th January 2008, 03:37 PM
so you are just going to sit there and attack 10 people till you have enough for a major upgrade? of course someone is going to take it that doesnt make sense. If you need to spend a large amount of gold you should bank it by buying weapons, and when you are ready to spend sell the weapons and spend fast. You can only sell the weapons for 75% but that is better than getting attacked and losing everything.

That can happen even whe you bank...remember you need 2 windows open in your browser and firefox has failed me as IE has too since sometimes browser stucks and I lost 1+ mil for my covert upgrade that way...eventually I was fast enough to attack back and take enough money to buy a BPM...the guy's name I wont mention but I attacked the hell out of him for 3 days once I found him online right after he had pillaged. I'm willing to do the same to anyone if I am permitted by his DA and usually I am since they raise Sa/spy.

I am a Hater even when it comes to simple games :blackmage:

jog1
29th January 2008, 04:17 PM

STOP COMPLAINING!!!

you can attack online all you want, but don't come crying on GUA when you'll get sabbed for it. Sabbing is also part of the game.

chaser1
29th January 2008, 04:34 PM
I dont mind getting attacked online, its when people start racing on the turn for the gold that chaps my butt.

Kill3rSam
29th January 2008, 05:41 PM
Wow , some people really don't know how to deal with it ^^ xD

m0rphy None 6 minutes ago

lmfao , you talk so wisely and now i see your friends recon/sabb .. ahaha to much talk but cant do anything just call friends? kiddos kiddos ... never learn

i'm the kiddo while he has set me on ignore and flames at me ...^_^ funny

m0rphy None 8 minutes ago

3 weps gone already .. more coming down soon : ) its just a matter of time : ) next time you attack someone online, make sure to recon him first ;)

m0rphy None 44 minutes ago

i was not slow, i play the game fairly, i attacked a player OFFLINE after recon him .. when i got my money i was about to use it and u attacked me but i dont care, you will get sabbed on the triple of the money you took dont worry :)

m0rphy None 56 minutes ago

you have absolutly no idea what you just did ;) check your int loggs, you will keep getting sabbed till i get tired of it, so more 2 hours sabbing ya =) next time think twice b4 attack a player online

m0rphy None 1 hour ago

dude u are so ****ed up, i ll sabb all weapons you have on your eventory, have fun with 'em still ya have 'em ;) ****ing moron shet.

m0rphy None 1 hour ago

what the hell ? attack online ? whats that **** about ? everytime i see you with 200k i ll get ur ass riped dude.. get ready.

: why can you only use 6 smilies in a post : (

Phyrus
29th January 2008, 09:00 PM
I'm kinda liking the concept of this thread.

Stickied.

Mannequine
29th January 2008, 09:09 PM
That's kinda like the time I had this guy keep flaming me for taking a step backwards a few years back during a bar fight in some obscure forum.

So, the entire bar was blown to smithereens because I didn't get punched in the jaw.

But that has nothing to do with sabbing, and since I have no idea how to play KoC, I don't think I'm much help in here.

EDIT: Oh and, LOL.

Vengeful_Assasin
29th January 2008, 09:19 PM
well i don't have any threats in my AA about that attacks online or any other threats at all cause if they did, they should know that they could be sabbed instantly or later on. It's part of the game if someone know the consequences before doing it then he/she should stop the whining when i return the favor with sab interests.

DelMar
29th January 2008, 10:33 PM
This is what's written in my officer's message box:

U are here because U were whining...don't tell players not to attack you while you are online....U PUNK....what do you think this game is all about? If this was reality U would be attacked on the field or not. GROW UP. SUCK IT UP. LOOK OUT BEHIND U!

So I guess she attacked someone (online, of course) and this was in her inbox:

Why dont you get out of your moms basement once and awhile. Who the hell are you to criticize me, Ill tell you are a NOBODY, a never has been. I can use whatever tactic I want this is a game and as long as it is in the confines of the rules who cares. You do what you want to do and I will do what I want to do. I cant believe you have the gonads to compare this game to real life, get outside get some excercise and more than anything dont criticize anyone ever again for how they want to play the game.

Sent by:

collio27

I just had to embarrass him a little more than I'm already gonna do to him just for the heck of it. Enjoy! :D

Interceptor428
30th January 2008, 02:37 AM
anyone who has to resort to making online hits really is pathetic...... and its just proof that they're too useless to find thier own gold and do thier own hard work

kinda like the clickfags

L0B0
30th January 2008, 03:19 AM
you can attack online all you want, but don't come crying on GUA when you'll get sabbed for it. Sabbing is also part of the game.
I've already said, I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT BEING SABBED. You'd better read before posting nonsense.

Ty-X, thanx, I'm glad you've made it sticky. I think this is an important issue. On Age 8 this wasn't as common as on Age9 is and maybe the admins should remind everybody that attacking online is just as fair as buying armor...

L0B0
30th January 2008, 03:22 AM
anyone who has to resort to making online hits really is pathetic...... and its just proof that they're too useless to find thier own gold and do thier own hard work

kinda like the clickfags
You play your way through KoC, I play mine... don't call me pathetic.

And since clickers are permitted, don't throw s**t against people who uses them (not me, I just have a 40 man army and not more than 300 spies & sentries).

Make your point on this subject or get out and flame some soccer forum...

Gotjen
30th January 2008, 08:06 AM
The truth is that it's EASIER to attack offline people, as there are plenty of them, with plenty of gold, and no risk of being attacked back, or being sabbed for no reason, hence why I just steer clear of onlines all together. Plus, I can get over 1M off offline people too ^^ so no big deal, just gotta get your SA up a little

Soul_Assassin
30th January 2008, 09:32 AM
Attacking players online is fair, and part of the game. At the same time sabbing is also fair, and part of the game. In my opinion if you are going to attack online players you should either expect retaliation or recon. them first to make sure you don't have to worry about being sabbed. What annoys me is when players get their stronger friends to do the sabbing for them. I know you could argue that is also part of the game and therefore fair, but that is a part that I don't like because it has nothing to do with skill.

Happiness is mandatory
30th January 2008, 10:03 AM
Best part are players who attack others who are online, and themselves have 'don't attack while I'm online' in their AA...

conflag
30th January 2008, 02:46 PM
Reasons that the "no attacking while online" unwritten rule is crap:

1. It is a legal move. (stop trying to rewrite the rules.)
2. Online players are usually aware of the gold they hold, so there is no excuse for getting hit while online. (spend it, ffs!)
3. Clicking now causes a person to be online. (I am not going to avoid taking your gold while you are building an army to defeat me. lolz)

I'll stop there. ;)

btw, yes, I intentionally attack people that are online and have the "don't attack while online" message in the AA. (lol even if they have no gold.)

INFERNO.
30th January 2008, 05:58 PM
It's funny talking abouy "you" and "people like you" and "your granma" and "whatever", but if you don't quote, please refer to the nickname.

I DON'T GIVE A S**T if I get sabbed back.... well, to tell the truth, I get mad but I resign myself and start all over again, cos that's the way it is. In fact, I've been attacked back -after an online attack- and the guy got his gold back, so I congratulate him.

Getting sabbed is part of the game, as a consequence of an online attack or by joining an alliance in the middle of a war -as it turned to happen to me on Age7- and I don't complain about that... ^^

Yes I meant you. I never mention your grandma.

Vengeful_Assasin
30th January 2008, 09:28 PM
I got hit online today 5 consecutive time but the bitches ain't fast enough to steal my gold.:yay: Maybe I'll sab them later on but for now I'll just laugh at them. Having 23M SA and 10M spy but could only steal 5K gold...rofl what a noob!:badger_2:

Breaker
31st January 2008, 01:07 AM
I know you could argue that is also part of the game and therefore fair, but that is a part that I don't like because it has nothing to do with skill.

Whoa whoa, you mean to tell me that hitting people online does NOT require skill? Somebody let me know if skill is involved here but, patience, speed, and intellect go hand in hand when online hitting. Only exception to that would be stalking online slayers. Here's how I go about it which usually takes say less than 20 seconds of my time:

I see reasonable amount of gold, quickly compare my army size, target's race, and if its an ally or inchain member.
Switch back and forth between the stats screen and the attack/spy/sab screen at least twice.
If gold has NOT been spent I then recon to prevent wasting a turn. If successful in getting an immediate DA stat OR finding out a number of Shields owned, I then backtrack to stat page.
If gold IS STILL NOT SPENT, I attack and spend as quickly as possible.

Somebody please tell me there is no skill involved here or at least this is not considered habit of most online slayers.

And yes, let's not have "online protection". Seriously, what good would the game be if you aren't going to steal that beautiful 300 bil gold at end of Age when players are doing their selloffs? Sure you'll be severely sabbed, but hell that's one player going down in rank and you're not letting others get stronger. That's fair game tactics right there.

L0B0
31st January 2008, 02:36 AM
Yes I meant you. I never mention your grandma.
I thought it was crystal clear that I wasn't complaining about being sabbed, but about the "dont attack me while online" whiners... O_o

In fact, because of my online-attacking craze, I've been often attacked back (and some of the times, they returned their gold) and sabbed back (with no much damage, thankfully).

Soul_Assassin
31st January 2008, 04:11 AM
Whoa whoa, you mean to tell me that hitting people online does NOT require skill? Somebody let me know if skill is involved here but, patience, speed, and intellect go hand in hand when online hitting. Only exception to that would be stalking online slayers. Here's how I go about it which usually takes say less than 20 seconds of my time:

I see reasonable amount of gold, quickly compare my army size, target's race, and if its an ally or inchain member.
Switch back and forth between the stats screen and the attack/spy/sab screen at least twice.
If gold has NOT been spent I then recon to prevent wasting a turn. If successful in getting an immediate DA stat OR finding out a number of Shields owned, I then backtrack to stat page.
If gold IS STILL NOT SPENT, I attack and spend as quickly as possible.

Somebody please tell me there is no skill involved here or at least this is not considered habit of most online slayers.

And yes, let's not have "online protection". Seriously, what good would the game be if you aren't going to steal that beautiful 300 bil gold at end of Age when players are doing their selloffs? Sure you'll be severely sabbed, but hell that's one player going down in rank and you're not letting others get stronger. That's fair game tactics right there.

I was saying that player's calling on their stronger friends to do the sabbing in retaliation for online attacks is the part of the game I don't like and the part that doesn't involve skill. I thought it was quite clear that I was all for online attacks, and the retaliation they may provoke.

Gotjen
31st January 2008, 04:42 AM
Reasons that the "no attacking while online" unwritten rule is crap:

1. It is a legal move. (stop trying to rewrite the rules.)
2. Online players are usually aware of the gold they hold, so there is no excuse for getting hit while online. (spend it, ffs!)
3. Clicking now causes a person to be online. (I am not going to avoid taking your gold while you are building an army to defeat me. lolz)

I'll stop there. ;)

btw, yes, I intentionally attack people that are online and have the "don't attack while online" message in the AA. (lol even if they have no gold.)

The main problem with online hits is in my opinion, for slayers themselves. I do hate it when I hit 5 different people to get enough money for an upgrade, then my browser lags for 5 seconds, and all my money gets stolen. Of course I always manage to steal it back straight away.. but most people just aren't that smart xD

Of course it's a crappy unwritten rule, but I can't prevent people from sabbing me or attacking me back if I attack them while they're online, so I just don't ^^

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record in these threads :P

Vengeful_Assasin
31st January 2008, 08:00 PM
I do hate it when I hit 5 different people to get enough money for an upgrade, then my browser lags for 5 seconds, and all my money gets stolen. Of course I always manage to steal it back straight away.. but most people just aren't that smart xD

Some people are smarter, they bank SA weapons... Come on!!! this age are full of slayers and competition makes people hit online players. The basic rule is spend it fast or loose it. You could make it harder for slayers to hit you online ,whore some DA and sentry. It's all about taking the risk.

active
31st January 2008, 08:54 PM
New players are such babies. I remember getting hit online back in age 2 for 10s of million. I didn't complain I didnt cry, I attacked back and sabbed.

Breaker
1st February 2008, 01:20 AM
Soul, my apologies, I was kinda wondering why you said that but still insisted on no skill. But still, there was a point to be made that I don't think anyone else did. But thank you for "throwing" me off and allowing me to make that post anyways :P

PApa3
1st February 2008, 06:56 AM
I'm a new player since 4 days in that age. But I have already played in age 3 and 4.

I don't care of being attacked online, but I don't like it. So my message is that one :

"You don't like being attacked online, so do I.
But if you don't care of being attacked online... attack me it's not a problem but if I see a message like "don't attack me online" I'll be merciless."

Of course I don't like being attacked online, I don't like working too.
But I really work and I'm really attacked. What can I do against that NOTHING because I'm not you. I attack people online when they have too many gold of course. But people which attacks the others when they are online and who marks on their attack page that they don't want to be attacked online are only s***.

Online attack are part of the game but noone like it. It is annoying but you can make nothing against it, except you to avenge.

PApa3.

L0B0
1st February 2008, 07:07 AM
It's also annoying when you go out for the weekend and someone attacks you (you are obviously offline) and gets your gold... This game is about attacking and being attacked... for what are the army and defenses for?

(Spies and sentries are also part of the game, but not what we're discussing here)

good_dog
3rd February 2008, 11:13 PM
What annoys me is when players get their stronger friends to do the sabbing for them. I know you could argue that is also part of the game and therefore fair, but that is a part that I don't like because it has nothing to do with skill.

I disagree... it takes skill to find, recruit, and then develop team spirit in a group of players whose strengths compliment each other. No one excels at everything --but a group working together can come close.

That being said, when I've been attacked online (which my AA requests be avoided), I blamed myself for not spending faster. I think it's courteous to avoid attacking online players... but not something to get all worked up over, either way.

corsyjaws666
4th February 2008, 06:43 AM

i agree with u atm only way to make gold is attack ppl in the middle of collecting gold and i don't like the whiners that say don't attack for less the watever lol i was online b4 and someone attacked me lol they weren't quick enough so i attacked them bak and got bak like twice of wat they got off me lol it was a laugh

Back_Breaker
4th February 2008, 07:25 PM
i agree with u atm only way to make gold is attack ppl in the middle of collecting gold ...

That to me, is the problem.
Noobs, thinking they can make 4 or 5 hits "collecting" gold for an upgrade.
Gotjen, (sic?), I'm really surprised that you are one that does that...you HAVE been away a few ages tho. ;)

Sad fact is, if you're showing good gold, long enuf for someone to recon your DA and attack, then YOU are the noob, not the attacker.

Bank yer damn hits in knives, or whatever, THEN sell all to get your upgrade.
You lose 25%, but you don't get robbed.
Sux, but thats just the way it is, and always has been.
Deal with it, or whine about your "online hit". :dork:

hammertime15
5th February 2008, 04:39 PM
That to me, is the problem.
Noobs, thinking they can make 4 or 5 hits "collecting" gold for an upgrade.
Gotjen, (sic?), I'm really surprised that you are one that does that...you HAVE been away a few ages tho. ;)

Sad fact is, if you're showing good gold, long enuf for someone to recon your DA and attack, then YOU are the noob, not the attacker.

Bank yer damn hits in knives, or whatever, THEN sell all to get your upgrade.
You lose 25%, but you don't get robbed.
Sux, but thats just the way it is, and always has been.
Deal with it, or whine about your "online hit". :dork:

agree people trying to hold multiple turns while online should get hit, but this age you can't hold 1 turn for more than a few minutes whether you are online or not. I get hit within seconds of each turn. Lame.

Overkill-Jaguar
5th February 2008, 06:41 PM
agree people trying to hold multiple turns while online should get hit, but this age you can't hold 1 turn for more than a few minutes whether you are online or not. I get hit within seconds of each turn. Lame.

OMG. You need to build sentry... Or train down, or something.

I gotta say: Online attacks, and the risk thereof, is a very important part of the tension of the game. If there were no such risk, there would be no tension, and hence, no fun, in the game. You really have to be very stupid not to understand that, people.

Attacking someone who then decides to crawl up your ass and die there - sabbing you for a month, well that is part of the game too. For all of us who have had drunkninja81 in our logs, we know how it is. We lived through it, and prospered ;-D

Now you try.

I just got into a sabbing war with some LACN guys; Started by getting sabbed by one of them without me doing anything. It was because someone in the leadership in my alliance had done. ok. So I am now sabbing and farming his chain until he begs me to stop, or the war is over. WAR, like in war game.

Best regards

Overkill

ManxTT
5th February 2008, 09:22 PM
I just came back to this game 3 days ago and the constant whining over online attacks is hilarious. All it's going to do is make someone attack you for the laugh or sab you into the ground (or both).

dancks
5th February 2008, 09:41 PM
you people are stupid if you think this even comes close to resembling a war game.

Breaker
6th February 2008, 01:28 AM
For all of us who have had drunkninja81 in our logs, we know how it is. We lived through it, and prospered ;-D

Now you try.

Thank you Overkill for bringing back eh, fond memories? I see the point where Drunk was the first (IMO) mass sabber who-didn't-give-a-flip about you or your chain for his time. Although I don't know much about prospering since I'm just happy he's gone along with his ideals of the game (whew!). Seriously, this guy broke chains in half and "recruited" members of opposing chains just because somebody came in and asked for a n00b to be sabbed because he couldn't spell in his PMs. Talk about the petty stuff that happens now, I don't think anybody has the slightest idea what this guy has contributed in his days versus what we have to deal with now. Oy, I can only imagine him playing now sabbing everybody who even looked at his stats page (and it wouldn't surprise me either). You people who are complaining about little things just have no idea....

(goes off and tries to forget memories of the past)

L0B0
6th February 2008, 07:27 AM
You hit the spot Overkill... I was in LaCN a few ages ago, and got into an endless war that finally made me left the alliance (I was getting hit everyday, sabbed, and even insulted!!! -no, not insulted, just kidding-). It was fun while it lasted and when I got sabbed enough, I left the alliance and wandered by my own... but never complained.

dancks, you're so smart (as opposite of stupid), you should illuminate us with a brief definition of a wargame...

Zilton_001
7th February 2008, 04:39 PM
You hit the spot Overkill... I was in LaCN a few ages ago, and got into an endless war that finally made me left the alliance (I was getting hit everyday, sabbed, and even insulted!!! -no, not insulted, just kidding-). It was fun while it lasted and when I got sabbed enough, I left the alliance and wandered by my own... but never complained.

dancks, you're so smart (as opposite of stupid), you should illuminate us with a brief definition of a wargame...
well now comon...this one is simplified and that's why we like it and still play it but a war game would also consist of strategical deployment ect ect

still KoC for what it offers is a pretty nice little war game to have fun for a couple of minutes...sometimes even hours :P

Ps: Although I can imagine some other..."wargames" in real life, that people may have a nice time practicing ^^ so guys don't take KoC too seriously :)

Volcano
8th February 2008, 06:52 PM
If I break your "rules" it's probably because I really don't care if you get mad at me on a computer game, lol.Seriously, if I hit someone for 750k online, and they get pissed, and whine to their top-100-ranked commander, I doubt I'm losing any of my armory any time soon. The higher ranked the commander the less time they're going to put into avenging some 5000+ ranked bottom-of-the-food-chain member's online hit.

edit: Who the fuck is Sae, and why is he editing my posts like a Nazi?

Porkchop
9th February 2008, 12:46 AM
the best soloution would be remove the online indicator, then noone can complain!

I like this Idea..muhahahaha ):-D

btw My AA says..I am going to get what I can when I can. Don't like it? Raise your DA. I don't care what your AA says ..I can't Read

I figure its a war game and anything is fair. Yep that means I can sabb your DA down to my SA to hit you for gold. Don't like it go play Monopoly and get $200 for passing GO..lmao

Silver-Shadow
9th February 2008, 08:19 AM
Well if u are going to attack online u should go attack something worth :p
I have no problem with online attack as long as it is for gold not blind hit, and yea since it is a game there is the sabby thing which it can be used so i have no problem as long as the online attacker don't come crying why did u sab.

HungryHippos
9th February 2008, 01:50 PM
I never understood what was wrong with that. fill out the captcha faster if you don't want to lose your gold... Back in age3 when there wasn't an indicator if you got hit online, you dealt with it.

Silver-Shadow
9th February 2008, 02:44 PM
Well if u are attacking it is easier than banking, because u fill the letters and wait till the turn come as soon as it come u attack. As for the banker he will need to check when he get the gold fill the number of weapons than fill the letter which is enough time to get attacked by a turtle and if u want to attack online what is the problem if u get sabbed?
There is no rule for the online attack or the sab so it is so easy to deal with it.

HungryHippos
9th February 2008, 05:28 PM
Of course you should expect to get sabbed back for the hit. But all the threatening masses for an online attack is bs, if they hit you online, it should just btwn the 2 of them. And banking is just as easy as attacking... there are faster ways to check for your gold to come in...

Conpmana
9th February 2008, 08:07 PM
I would bet that all of you that think its ok are small tff players, go ask any big tff player in your chain if they think online hits are ok

Volcano
9th February 2008, 10:45 PM
Having the DA to hold your gold in the first place is like Big TFF 101. You don't just stumble upon 40,000 soldiers instantly, all along you've GOT the opportunity to raise it.

Silver-Shadow
10th February 2008, 01:05 AM
Of course you should expect to get sabbed back for the hit. But all the threatening masses for an online attack is bs, if they hit you online, it should just btwn the 2 of them. And banking is just as easy as attacking... there are faster ways to check for your gold to come in...

Well nvr said it should be a mass sab.
And as conpmana said go and ask someone with a high TFF. Well at least this is what i think.

Valheru_Prince
10th February 2008, 06:36 PM
I would bet that all of you that think its ok are small tff players, go ask any big tff player in your chain if they think online hits are ok

BS, I have had 100K+ armies and if i was attacked online i considered it my fault. ATM i have a small army and i hit what i can see, like it or not. I don't have a huge attack so if the bankers of this age would invest a little time in DA they would outgrow my SA in one day. Problem is they are lazy, they don't want to seel their SA for DA and slip in rank for a while and join big chains so they can write threaths in their AA. I don't care. It just annoys me that they sab me with all of their buddys. If they want to prove their skills are better than mine they should grow up and work on the account.

And consider this as well If i get sabbed for an online attack they can take out 25 shields max i think. If i attack them 10 times a day (less than half of my turns) i make a profit out of them.

Untitled
11th February 2008, 01:13 PM
I only attack online players. More gold that way :).

Custos
11th February 2008, 01:48 PM
people are probably clicking and you have to be logged in to click so hellya you should attack i know i will be from now on :) anyone who whinges y you holding so much gold ;) or are you saying you have an autorefresher :o

Conpmana
11th February 2008, 02:50 PM
BS, I have had 100K+ armies and if i was attacked online i considered it my fault. ATM i have a small army and i hit what i can see, like it or not. I don't have a huge attack so if the bankers of this age would invest a little time in DA they would outgrow my SA in one day. Problem is they are lazy, they don't want to seel their SA for DA and slip in rank for a while and join big chains so they can write threaths in their AA. I don't care. It just annoys me that they sab me with all of their buddys. If they want to prove their skills are better than mine they should grow up and work on the account.

And consider this as well If i get sabbed for an online attack they can take out 25 shields max i think. If i attack them 10 times a day (less than half of my turns) i make a profit out of them.

That's the key word you have had 100k + TFF but it seams you don't have one this age so you really don't know what you are talking about. Go get your army up to 100k this age and then come talk to me. The whole bit about being lazy and not raising DA is just nonsense but if you had a 100k TFF account then you would know you cant keep up with the slayers SA. I am 238k TFF and every morning I wake up to 20mill in repair cost's because I get attacked every turn by 3 players at once while I sleep. I am to big to attack anyone so all I can do is bank my TBG. If I get hit on the turn while I am online I have no income, if I just bank DA then at some point a war will start and I will lose it and the more DA I have the more it cost me in repairs. If I get hit while online and on the turn you will be sabbed and not just by me, FF mass sabbs online hits as do most other chains. So you can post these threads in here and voice your opinion but at the end of the day you will still be sabbed.

Thortwall
11th February 2008, 04:32 PM
Found the right thread at last! - been looking everywhere for this.
So here goes my first post on the KoC forum...

If you don't like on-line attacks TOO BAD! - its allowed!
Learn to spend your gold quicker like everyone else & ffs please stop the whinging and crying - it's doing my head in!!

Thank you.... how did I do for my first post?

L0B0
12th February 2008, 03:16 AM
Short..... but you seconded my opinion, so good enough ;-)

Zilton_001
12th February 2008, 05:46 PM

Learn to spend your gold quicker like everyone else & ffs please stop the whinging and crying - it's doing my head in!!

No m8 no whining! Actually in my case it is them them the online attackers that whine because I do not only sabb or attack back...since when I go for raid I make i do not spend all attacks so I have like 15-20 attacks left. Guess what i have low tff and huge recon so tbg is good on my account so I can afford my SA repairs therefore once sabb is done here it comes the time for mass attacks and no I do not ask for my chain...

It is very funy when I get mesages from other comanders asking me explanation why I sabed/massed X player. Some come even with threats.

Especially for players that include in their AA phrases like "no online hits or no crappy gold hits" while they still practice that on others I am merciless Sabb and Mass attack all the way!

DEAL WITH IT!

HungryHippos
13th February 2008, 01:28 AM
When you hit online you expect to be sabbed back. When the person I hit online comes back and sabs/masses me, I sab them back. It's a vicious cycle(started by me) :party::party:

Zilton_001
13th February 2008, 07:25 AM
When you hit online you expect to be sabbed back. When the person I hit online comes back and sabs/masses me, I sab them back. It's a vicious cycle(started by me) :party::party:
Then you wouldn't want to attack me online :blackmage:

There have been 5 who have done that and all 5 resigned sending me pms to stop hiting them online and sabing them. Since I have low tff and Spy/SA only full BPM/Nuns but still they're not able to sabb 1-5% of it while I could easily sabb 2 nuns per 24 from each plus the gold hits everytime they went online.

yes I am a hater :P

I manage to keep low tff when I'm offline like 0 mostly so any offline hits won't trouble my tbg that much. While when online the first thing I check is my enemy list and who of them is online.

BTW Hyppo we're on the same alliance ! My nickname of course I won't post :P

Silver-Shadow
13th February 2008, 11:34 AM

Well u people do not know who are the whining pple :p
Because as there is no rule that say no online attack there is no rule that describe the sab it is a game and if i like i may sab u for now reason. So the people who are whining are the one who are being sabbed not farmed, because people that hold big TFF are most likely experienced and know how to play.

And Conpmana i am 100% with u about u said to Valheru_Prince

Gantz
14th February 2008, 10:36 PM
Yeah, this whole no online attack is annoying. However, I will respect it if it's in the message box (threat box, whatever you want to call it). Although I think the online status thing should also show up when you're viewing the person's id page and not in the ranking pages.

Just a thought, cause I'm one of those people that browses through 2 pages of potential targets and clicks on about 30 links and proceed to recon/attack. So if anyone signs on at that time, I have no idea if they were online.

Or simply take out the whole online status thing.

TheyCallMeET
15th February 2008, 03:38 PM
I farm... I like to use my attack logs cause I know what their DA is and I don't have to fart around spying... so I click a name in my attack logs and if they got gold, I hit. I don't even know when ppl are online most the time. However, if I do know they are online, I still don't care... happens to me... happens to them... I get sabbed, I sab them, etc etc... that's what it's about.

Silver-Shadow
16th February 2008, 01:05 AM
Well if u do not bother ur self reconing, maybe he has raised his DA what are u going to do if he sabbed u back ;)

Thortwall
17th February 2008, 09:00 AM
Well u people do not know who are the whining pple :p
Because as there is no rule that say no online attack there is no rule that describe the sab it is a game and if i like i may sab u for now reason. So the people who are whining are the one who are being sabbed not farmed, because people that hold big TFF are most likely experienced and know how to play.

And Conpmana i am 100% with u about u said to Valheru_Prince

Not sure why you quoted me there as your reply seems completely irrelevant to my post.

I wasn't talking about Sab or anything else - I am new so haven't even really come across it. I'm just sick of so many people saying 'ooh ooh don't attack me online you nasty man' and sending me pm's when I do attack them online. I've suffered heavy online losses too - big deal - I've learned to minimise the risk... its part of the game ffs!
So I just wish people would learn to stop crying when they take too long to spend their gold.

For all those of you who are insisting on getting off the point of this thread: If you want to talk about sabbing - make your own thread & talk about it there .

Silver-Shadow
17th February 2008, 12:33 PM
Not sure why you quoted me there as your reply seems completely irrelevant to my post.

I wasn't talking about Sab or anything else - I am new so haven't even really come across it. I'm just sick of so many people saying 'ooh ooh don't attack me online you nasty man' and sending me pm's when I do attack them online. I've suffered heavy online losses too - big deal - I've learned to minimise the risk... its part of the game ffs!
So I just wish people would learn to stop crying when they take too long to spend their gold.

For all those of you who are insisting on getting off the point of this thread: If you want to talk about sabbing - make your own thread & talk about it there .

hahahaha.
Who is whining :p i never whined or went crying to a player telling him i will say to my mother. I sometimes give warning or directly sab. No one said don't attack while online and no one said don't sab when u want. As for getting out of the topic idea go read all the other post and u will find out that those are reply to some question and consequences, so try to read what pple write.
As for banking we already explained that the attacker if he is turn farmer he is faster than u because he will attack at 0.1sec after his watch turn he would have get ready everything filled the tag and waiting the turn as for the banker he will have to refresh the page and fill the number of weapon and than quote the letters to buy and this is enough to get attacked.

Oblivious
21st February 2008, 06:46 PM
You play your way through KoC, I play mine... don't call me pathetic.
But you are. Getting with one turn 1M gold, while others get the same with 4 it's just unfair. You are choosing to get easy gold rather than spending more time looking for good offline objectives. Obviously you're not breaking any rules cause there ain't no rule such as "Don't be a lazy self-centered man".
When the online attacks are part of a strategy against a certain player, then the above is not valid.

And since clickers are permitted, don't throw s**t against people who uses them (not me, I just have a 40 man army and not more than 300 spies & sentries).
Clickers are just another source of money for KoC, that's why they're allowed. I can bet a kidney (not really) that only 1% of the members of X alliance DO know at least 50% of their allies, all the other ones are just lazy people that want big armies, although they leave 4000 untrained soldiers.

alwaysl00king2
21st February 2008, 10:48 PM
If I have officers sending me a message "hey soandso attacked me while I was online...can you help me" my answer will be "yes...learn to spend your gold faster."

Chances are most players who don't want to be attacked while online earn little tbg, and chances are they are taking gold from either yourself or some of your alliance members. The only way to get some of that gold back, is to steal away from them what they stole from others.

The solution is to spend faster. I will say that while I was having PC issues, I would be attacked online because my PC was slow...is this annoying, yes. In fact I had to log into my account with my treo, and it takes minutes to change pages, so I would go from having gold, to having not enough gold for repairs...is that annoying? Yes...but it's part of the game.

If not attacking online was honored, heck i would attack all day long and stay logged in long enough to own a hand of god by now.

Do I like getting attacked while online...NO..but is it part of the game, and part of strategies? YES. If you choose to get bent out of shape over it, that is your purogative too, just as it's your choice what to do with offline hits. To call in your big brother to take care of the solution, may be cheap and cowardly, but it's still part of the game and yet another type of teamwork strategy.

All in all, if you attack for gold, don't keep attacking without spending, and when you attack, spend your winfall quickly. If you're too slow, go back to the drawing board and learn to get better.

AL2

Vengeful_Assasin
22nd February 2008, 12:11 AM
It's reasonable to hate online attack because some players don't have fast internet connection. sometimes my it took several minutes to load the pages so spending faster is not an excuse for online hits. As I've said when you hit online then don't expect not to be sabbed. It's just a matter of choice

L0B0
22nd February 2008, 05:32 AM
But you are. Getting with one turn 1M gold, while others get the same with 4 it's just unfair. You are choosing to get easy gold rather than spending more time looking for good offline objectives. Obviously you're not breaking any rules cause there ain't no rule such as "Don't be a lazy self-centered man".
Ohhhhh, forgive me for being so self-centered, Mister Altruist.... maybe you are top ten and your spy rankings enables you to see big fortunes around there, but not mine.

The biggest treasury I can see around is no more than 400k... I remember in another Ages when at this moment you could see 1m treasuries around. Has the game changed that much because of the 24 turn issue? Sure. And it's not my fault...

Ah, and of course a look for easy gold, don't you? Don't be cinical, don't come to me with lessons...

Fallout2man
22nd February 2008, 06:36 AM
If you find yourself unable to get the necessary gold fast enough to buy what you really want I suggest you do what I've done before when you get to the higher levels.

Basically, buy items, in this age I'd reccomend buying spy or sentry gear since that should be able to be held onto longer without the need to repair it. You're "taxed" 25% of the initial cost to do this, but if you invest your gold into items, then over time you can save up a ton of gold and then, when you want to buy that new ten million gold fortification, you can sell all of your "investment" items at once and buy it within a split second. For those with slow browsers, use tabs and have the armory page ready, then as soon as you sell on tab one, switch to the armory on tab 2 and purchase.

Tycho_Bloodbeard
22nd February 2008, 08:29 AM
I'm all in favour of online attacks. How else to actually obtain, albeit occassionally, more than the paltry gold in the BF stemming from 24 attacks/day?

I'd love the admins to remove the "online" marker. Maybe just your chain members should be marked as so.

If I am slow spending, take my gold. If you TRY and are to slow, I'll sab you for making a crap hit :)

Alliances sabbing for online attacks are opening a can of worms - impossible to enforce. I often log in just to see that I've been robbed within 2-5 min. There's nothing in an attack log that says "attacked while active"

Tycho

Aella
22nd February 2008, 11:27 AM
Personally I think attacking while a player is online is a bunch of crap and is unfair and the lazy and cowardly way of doing things.

Volcano
22nd February 2008, 06:28 PM
another problem is people who never actually log off the fucking game

Tycho_Bloodbeard
23rd February 2008, 01:09 AM
Personally I think attacking while a player is online is a bunch of crap and is unfair and the lazy and cowardly way of doing things.

Lazy, cowardly, unfair?

How is it unfair to attack you while you're holding a bunch of gold if you're slow, after I've invested in my account to have twice your sentry in spy and a better sa than your DA? I will call it daring, pre-planned, and more than fair, slowpoke.

Only exception to these are the selloff catcher. You know who you are, wankers.

And yes, those auto-refreshing accounts are indeed a problem.

Tycho

Oblivious
23rd February 2008, 01:31 AM
Ohhhhh, forgive me for being so self-centered, Mister Altruist.... maybe you are top ten and your spy rankings enables you to see big fortunes around there, but not mine.
Neither is mine. So it's a little more embarrasing to you, don't you think? Ah, yeah. I also called you "lazy". Don't forget it.

The biggest treasury I can see around is no more than 400k...
Then get a life, go for a walk... With your dog. Save some turns and there you go.

I remember in another Ages when at this moment you could see 1m treasuries around. Has the game changed that much because of the 24 turn issue? Sure. And it's not my fault...
Have I told you "Lazy" already?

Ah, and of course a look for easy gold, don't you? Don't be cinical, don't come to me with lessons...
Well, we just arrived to the point. You're lazy and that's the reason you attack online. Not for a strategic and/or fun way to play, simply cause you're lazy.

Ah yeah, I forgot that there are people obsessed with this game, cause they ain't nothing in real life. :-)

... and a better sa than your DA...
That's VERY EASY.

Kill3rSam
23rd February 2008, 11:20 AM
Oblivious no need to go rude lol

There is nothing lazy about attacking online 0_o the point of playing is to be bether then others (besides wasting time ) , EVERY AGE people have attacked others while they where online ... what's so special about it now 0_o some days back i saw someone with 15 mill gold, while i can usually only attack for 1-2 mill max.

so wtf ? should i just leave it there ? nah , i'm no fool and attack straight away :) +15 mill - 4 IS lol , profit for me.

the dude was doing a upgrade right afthre a turn in the the top 500 = sorry but that's asking for someone to take ur gold.

Today i received a small sell of about 150 mill + , had to attack a couple of times to get the gold and + spending that gold was there for quite a few seconds, anyone could have taken it , no one did =) else ... i'd would have been my own slowness and unluckyness. This isn't a doll game, if you see an opportunity (legal) to improve your acount, you should take it.

Oblivious
23rd February 2008, 02:45 PM
Oblivious no need to go rude lol
Sorry. Just going with the flow.

There is nothing lazy about attacking online 0_o the point of playing is to be bether then others (besides wasting time ) , EVERY AGE people have attacked others while they where online ... what's so special about it now 0_o some days back i saw someone with 15 mill gold, while i can usually only attack for 1-2 mill max.
Nothing Lazy? I mean... If you choose to attack someone online, the reason behind is that he'll have a lot more gold to steal. That's a lot easier than to look for 4 o 5 offline users. Why would you attack an online user? Cause you're too lazy to actually look for another targets.

so wtf ? should i just leave it there ? nah , i'm no fool and attack straight away :) +15 mill - 4 IS lol , profit for me.
I'm not arguing about the profit. It's obvious that attacking online becomes a more profitable source of income. I'm referring to the effort applied to earn the same amount of gold attacking online or offline people.

the dude was doing a upgrade right afthre a turn in the the top 500 = sorry but that's asking for someone to take ur gold.
That's, like I said before, a tactical aproach. Something my "lazyness-selfishness" argument doesn't cover.

Today i received a small sell of about 150 mill + , had to attack a couple of times to get the gold and + spending that gold was there for quite a few seconds, anyone could have taken it , no one did =) else ... i'd would have been my own slowness and unluckyness. This isn't a doll game, if you see an opportunity (legal) to improve your acount, you should take it.
Steals among the top 500 aren't covered in my argument, cause they all should be strategic approachs.

Kill3rSam
23rd February 2008, 03:15 PM
All attacks should be strategic no ? oke we have 24 attacks / day now ... you can choose to hit 24 time for good gold, or for crappy gold. I don't get your lazyness argument ..why would you attack offline players for less gold as you would attack online players for ? (besides rare high gold amounts)

I attack for 1,2 mill+ and i don't care if on/offline and that has nothing to do with my rank, according to you , i would only hit offline playesr for 1/4 of that gold ? most players scan though the pages anyway and make no differnce between off/online ... they hit when they see good gold, regardingless of the status, still, i don't see where we can speak of lazyness ?

Soul_Assassin
24th February 2008, 06:11 AM
Nothing Lazy? I mean... If you choose to attack someone online, the reason behind is that he'll have a lot more gold to steal. That's a lot easier than to look for 4 o 5 offline users. Why would you attack an online user? Cause you're too lazy to actually look for another targets.

Of course it takes less effort to attack one online player than to attack 4 offline players. But that has absolutely nothing to do with why you would attack someone online. You would attack them online because you will get more gold from your limited attack turns. That's pretty much all it comes down to, maximum profit.

L0B0
26th February 2008, 05:29 AM
Well, we just arrived to the point. You're lazy and that's the reason you attack online. Not for a strategic and/or fun way to play, simply cause you're lazy.
I'm not lazy and I'm getting tired with this discussion: I want to get the best results for just one turn. And yes, if I wait and gather 250 turns, I will expect the same result for each one of them. Of course I think is better just spending one turn instead of 4-5 to get the same amount of gold, I'm not dumb.

That's nothing to do with lazyness (I don't know if this word exists) but with productivity.

And that's not maybe your perception of a "fun way to play" but it's certainly mine...

Furthermore, if I wait and don't spend turns, someother will do and my problem will still be the same: not high treasuries around.

You can now tell me: "get your spy up"... so I'm trying. I'm playing my Age, I'm 940 by now and I'm happy with that. I like my way of playing and I enjoy it.

I just started this discussion because I think that people is complaining (in their AA) about something they should not... I'm not here to discuss the way I play KoC, nor the way I live, which is personal and just mine.

Thanx for mantaining a good discussion.... and Oblivious, "the flow" is not being rude...

RandomName
27th February 2008, 01:15 PM

I have to say, attempting to argue that it is lazy to attack 4 offline accounts to make up for 1 online account is pretty difficult. You haven't done a good job of it in any way shape or form.

If I see someone with enough gold to justify an online hit, I'll do it because I know that it is worth 4 total attacks. I mean, if I can steal 1 or 2 million gold, what makes it lazy to attack that instead of paging through and finding the people with 400k gold and attacking enough of them to make the balance? Attacking people online is a viable strategy for improving all your equipment precisely because it makes each attack worth so much more.

My average attack at this point is about 400k gold stolen. That's over my last 100 attacks. If, through online hitting, I can improve that average to 600k or to 800k per hit, why shouldn't I do that? Online attacks are riskier (you can be too slow), take longer (you have to spend the gold quickly and then wait until the person attacks back, which means you have fewer targets over time because other targets are getting hit or are spending their gold) and generally piss people off, causing retaliation in hits (which spend my gold for defensive repairs) and in sabotage.

If I'm willing to risk that to make more gold per attack, how does that make me lazy? It makes me a faster player, and I'd argue, a better one because of the timing involved. And attacking someone online is fun, as it's the only time my pulse goes up and I get involved in any way.

All of that being said, I only attack an online player if they have 900k or more gold on them, because less than that I really don't feel is worth it, given what I can make in offline hits.

But making the online hits in no way makes a player lazy. It makes them daring and possibly smarter, as they are getting more gold per attack.

KyleCias
29th February 2008, 05:54 AM
Attacking online is part of the game, but admin can not put any protection on. People might abuse the online protection. Well the only thing they can do is take off the yellow sign off. Then we dont know if your online or not :)

Before that yellow online thing came we had lots of fun :P
now its not funny anymore :)

Kill3rSam
29th February 2008, 07:13 AM
actually you could see when people where online aswel, you just had to watch the pages for changing gold and wait for one of them to have made some hits, and take the gold :P Attacking players while they are online didn't come with the yellow thing ... it only became easier. And about the now ? the yellow thing isn't exactely new either ?

Kid Knite
29th February 2008, 03:54 PM
attacking online use to be like iono..kinda of a don't do thing in my book (unless u had enough)...but if u really look at this age..u wont get good gold if u don't wait..if u have gold and ur online..ur a sitting duck...and yes there are alot of slow spenders..but then again..there are some fast spenders..props to u..

U22neos
5th March 2008, 08:15 AM
attacking online use to be like iono..kinda of a don't do thing in my book (unless u had enough)...but if u really look at this age..u wont get good gold if u don't wait..if u have gold and ur online..ur a sitting duck...and yes there are alot of slow spenders..but then again..there are some fast spenders..props to u..
i acualy wasted 4 attacks for this one guy id get some gold and i had just put it in the people per day when he attacked me so he got like 2,000 gold i then played with him building up gold and banking it sold the bank stuff and put it in to better wepons and both times i did that he got 500-200g he messaged me saying he didn't meen to hit me the other two times lol

and as for the messages about attacking on line...it only makes me want to do it more :)

Do not make me angry by making me see Attack Defended, recon first.
No attacks bellow 3mil plse.

Please no sabs or farms

No online attacks people like this piss me off i can understand the "recon first" but as for the no sabs, farms, and online attacks... get use to it! It's like going in to a jail yard will $1,000 in your hand and saying "Please don't beat me up and take my money." It's going to happen

ZombieKreig
16th March 2008, 12:11 PM
Neither is mine. So it's a little more embarrasing to you, don't you think? Ah, yeah. I also called you "lazy". Don't forget it.

Then get a life, go for a walk... With your dog. Save some turns and there you go.

Have I told you "Lazy" already?

Ah yeah, I forgot that there are people obsessed with this game, cause they ain't nothing in real life. :-)

That's VERY EASY.

I have just started in this age. I attacked someone while they were online, making oh about 120k. I get a message three seconds later asking me "wtf"

I told him that if he want's to keep his money, he needs to build up his defenses.

There you go people. Thats the key to not loosing your money. Build a F'ing defense if your so worried that your going to loose your gold. Your the lazy one's thinking that your invisible while being online. Actually... to be honest with everyone, your VERY vulnerable while online. Why? Your names highlighted. It stands out more.

GTFO NOOBS!

:badger:

Wings
16th March 2008, 07:27 PM
I don't tolerate online hits, but it is part of the game. If its just some dumb 200,000 hit I'll probably let it go, but around millions would make me sabotage everyday. Well, actually some (I'm not saying myself included) actually hold 1-2mil on purpose just to have a sab target.. :D

Volcano
19th March 2008, 07:53 PM
Well, actually some (I'm not saying myself included) actually hold 1-2mil on purpose just to have a sab target.. :D

Unenchantedangel

killermenace
21st March 2008, 05:33 AM
Hito NO RESPECT! 4 hours ago

you forgot the rules of respect between players!
no online attacks.

I didn't know there were rules for :p

I prefer to hit people online.
More gold / turn spend.

Tanya
29th March 2008, 06:49 PM
Unenchantedangel

yep i hit him online twice earlier this age
his name was highlighted yellow so i waited 5 minutes (yes it was DEFINATELY at least 5 minutes) and attacked, 15 minutes later i get a message saying "why did you attack me online"
if you get attacked online its usually something you notice very quickly, he explained to me why he was online with so much gold because "he had a very bad internet connection" wtf! even on mobile internet it is less than 3 minutes to buy something and if my internet connection is that bad i just say what the hell, this game isnt important enough to spend ages trying to get pages to load

Wings
26th April 2008, 02:55 AM
I didn't know there were rules for :p

I prefer to hit people online.
More gold / turn spend.

But if you get sabbed for it and you lose more aat than what you make a day, its not really cool. :d

pdmaster
30th April 2008, 03:32 AM
I somehow DARE people to attack me when I'm online.
I use some fun tactics that make it so if people attack me they don't even get much money off me (not cheating)

But if they attack me, its more fun to get revenge :P make the game interesting

Volcano
30th April 2008, 12:15 PM
I figure Nara has to be autorefreshing. I mean otherwise he must be getting a huge rush from playing a farm account or something.

Quasar
30th April 2008, 03:07 PM
She.

And no she's not AR. Or she's just giving herself an earlier death penalty. >_>

Kid Knite
30th April 2008, 05:47 PM
when someone has that in thier aa..i just like hitting..then get a message..then it again..

good times...

nara can bank f-ing fast..crazzy cat :)

claytomahawk
11th May 2008, 10:16 PM
but if they were to make some kind of online protection then the whole idea of banking would be gone and people could spend 250 att turns and have all this money and you wouldnt be able to take it from them it would make the game less fun and easier

Smitty
8th June 2008, 09:08 PM
BS, attack anyone, anytime. Those in the yellow are supposed to be on line, but how do you know they don't have a refresh program installed, set it and gone to bed???

In ages past, I've seen many (especially top players) on line continually.

Attacking online is part of the game, but admin can not put any protection on. People might abuse the online protection. Well the only thing they can do is take off the yellow sign off. Then we dont know if your online or not :)

Before that yellow online thing came we had lots of fun :P
now its not funny anymore :)

Good idea. Remove the YELLOW 'on line' notification.

Just a thought..... make it known to other clan members that the player is on line, though. OR NOT!!!

Paradiso
8th June 2008, 11:50 PM
BS, attack anyone, anytime. Those in the yellow are supposed to be on line, but how do you know they don't have a refresh program installed, set it and gone to bed???

In ages past, I've seen many (especially top players) on line continually.

People with refreshers get banned.

Top players are willing to dedicate hours and hours of their time to KoC so it doesn't surprise me.

The reason onlines piss me off is because I slay and use my strike to make hits for 100mil, then some gay noob steals it with a fraction of my SA.

Kill3rSam
8th June 2008, 11:51 PM
You could always see when people where online, it just took some more skill, the yellow isn't the problem, the people whining about getting hit online are.

edster
9th June 2008, 12:35 AM
well said sammy i agree, but im noob :P

still gotz me MSN?

xAre
9th June 2008, 12:51 AM
You could always see when people where online, it just took some more skill, the yellow isn't the problem, the people whining about getting hit online are.

If they remove the "lights on if you are in", every hit on me will be sabbed for being an "online hit".

duffalupagus
18th June 2008, 06:23 PM
I absolutely agree that online hits and retaliation for such are both a part of the game. I personally will hit online but my threshold for doing so is much higher than for an offline hit, as people tend to get pretty irate about an online hit.

What I would like to see is a user's name appear in yellow everywhere on the site, not just on the battlefield page. I don't always hunt from the battlefield and have inadvertently hit players online when looking through my attack logs and intel logs