PDA

View Full Version : The Planeswalker Collective Recruitment Thread

Phoenix Ash
18th January 2008, 11:54 AM
Van, all yours. This thread will close in two weeks on February 1st, 2008, or when you get seven members.

Van
18th January 2008, 12:45 PM
Thanks pa

Purpose
ICly; The Planeswalker Collective is a group of mages, wizards and the like who have come together to share knowledge, items and various other things and discuss the universe in general. They also serve as teachers to the inexperienced on how to wield the various magics of the universe.

OCly; Discuss elements and possible definitions of them, Create guides for said elements, Promote activity in the ba, Help people improve their roleplaying. While I realize that most groups say that they want to promote activity and such, I think that my Hierarchy will help with that and get people more involved.

Setting; The haven in which they reside is located in the magical and marvelous realm of Sansada. It is a beautiful yet ever changing opalescent tower residing in the very middle of town amongst all of the twisting roads and odd towers. Though don't think this is the only way to reach it. Inside at the base of the tower are several portals linking to other planes, universes and the like. Each other level serves different purposes whether it be a change in what is taught or in what is done. Located on every floor are several portals to pocket universes which serve as places to do the different things under the bigger purpose the floor serves.

Hierarchy

Positions

HeadMaster (1)
Best described as the leader of the collective though his power is not absolute. He is kept in balance by the tribunal which he is a part of. When voting in the tribunal, he can have his vote count as two though with a simple majority rule, they can take away his extra voting weight. He has a fair amount of work to do.

Tasks

Allowing members in (OOC,IC)
Starting and maintaining threads (OOC)
Helping to maintain members (OOC,IC)
Being an active part of the tribunal (OOC,IC)Tribunal (5)
The power of the collective is held by the tribunal. They maintain a majority of the power but not even they are absolute. They can be overruled by a simple majority of the general membership. They have a load of work to do as well.

Tasks

Removal of troubling members (OOC,IC)
Creating, updating and removing rules (OOC,IC)Ward (As needed)
Wards are the protectors and peace keepers of the group.

Tasks

Keep members from fighting and settle disputes (OOC,IC)
Help to keep control of troublemakers and point them out. If someone gets out of hand and won't adapt, they bring them before the tribunal and puts that member up for removal.(OOC mostly, IC somewhat)LoreKeeper (~4)
They are recorders of events for the collective.

Tasks

Coming up with threads for the group (OOC)
Keeping track of events (IC)Master (1 per element)
They are the lead expert of their particular elemental expertise.

Tasks

Lead discussions on the elements (OOC, IC)
Train those who desire it (OOC,IC)Professor (As many as fit the bill)
The only difference between them and the master is leadership. If a professor is found to be more capable than the current master, they will be forced to switch places

Membership types

Lead Member - They consist of anyone who has one of the above positions. Their vote weighs heavier so when voting on something, their vote counts as two. They are given this extra weight because generally speaking, those who hold positions are likely more active than basic members.

Basic Member - Really not much to say here. Most people start out in this spot.

Junior Member - These are members who joined without being invited or have not been endorsed by a basic member or higher saying that they are knowledgable. Unfortunately, their vote doesn't count towards any kind of major changes in the group. Thats not to say they shouldn't discuss these major changes because they might say something during discussion that is liked by one of the other members and get endorsed by them which will allow them to vote on the topic they were discussing.

Current members(10)

Van

Atticus - Headmaster(tribunal), Professor (water)
Mythlen - Ward, Professor (spirit)Max (crazyxam)

Rane - ?Istar

Zahariel - LoremasterDragonlord

James - ?Ali

Ali - Professor (Spirit) [I assigned that, if you don't want it, just tell me.]Enlaya

? - ?Vegna

Vegna - Professor (water)
Etherel - Professor (Weapons)Asiram

Ruben Dezmond - Professor (Herbal?)Doc

Ebivoulya - Member of the Tribunal, Professor (Alpha)Burice

? - ?Dark Cerberus

? - ?

CrazyXAM
18th January 2008, 07:08 PM
I'll enter with Rane I'll make a character sheet later on. That is all.

Van
19th January 2008, 03:05 PM
Good to have you aboard max. If there is any particular position you want, just say something and ill add you in. As a note for everyone, you don't have to create a character specific to this group to join.(although you can if you want to) The Haven is connected to everywhere so basically your character can walk through a portal and be there. Also I forgot to mention the fact that most people will likely start out in the basic member spots and early members will likely get the lead member spots.

CrazyXAM
19th January 2008, 04:31 PM
Lead Member I guess? (I had an idea but I'll PM you.)

Istar
22nd January 2008, 12:23 PM
I will join with Zahariel being my main character. I will take responsibilty for Loremaster, since I've had quite the creative spurts lately. I also reserve the right to add characters, just because I'm amazing like that.

DragonLord
22nd January 2008, 12:34 PM
I'll join, if you'll have me Van. Probably with my lad James as a character. Just throw me in wherever.

Van
22nd January 2008, 12:54 PM
You both are in. You can have as many characters as you want in though you can have a maximum of two positions and they have to be different positions. When i said position max, i meant like istar did. Still haven't got that pm. There isn't likely anyone who won't be able to get in, except for people who have been booted for being a jerk face and the like (though there aren't any of those yet). Also I intend to turn this into a user group after it reaches clan hood, or attempt to.

AliDheren
22nd January 2008, 01:32 PM
I want to join this clan. With Ali Dheren for starters, although I'd bring Aurell later on.
As I told you via msn, my time is a bit compromised but I'll do my best to keep active.

Istar
22nd January 2008, 02:28 PM
If I do use another character, it will be Istar. He would want the position of Lightning Master, unless of course Delita came out of retirement *cough*use political pressure Abs!*cough*

Van
22nd January 2008, 11:53 PM
Just do what you can ali. Im not worried about perfect attendence. As for the positions i put in parentheses how many max of each position can be so people can know. Also i forgot to mention that being a professor doesn't count against your two position limit since there are allowed to be infinite of them. Also if anyone has suggestions, go ahead and air them.

Enlaya
23rd January 2008, 02:00 PM
Will you have me in your Clan Van? It's been so long since i've involved myself in some slightly more serious role playing :)

Van
23rd January 2008, 11:18 PM
Yeah, you're in. I was considering inviting you but I didn't know if you were active again yet or not. This clan is pretty much open to anyone.

Fatty_McFatterson
25th January 2008, 09:44 AM
I wouldnt mind joining if it would be alright with you bro.

and i would like to discuss something with you about position via PM.

Van
25th January 2008, 12:42 PM
Ok, your in. That makes the seven i need (i think). And now to see about making this a user group.

Fatty_McFatterson
28th January 2008, 12:58 PM
Like I told you on the Phone.

I would like to be a Double Master. Pleane.

Van
29th January 2008, 12:22 AM
Please re-explain it here. Also, im planning on making some changes here so it might not get added and if it does, you have to prove it is a spot you could fit.

Next note is the changes. I plan on making the following changes

Change name of tribunal to council
Remove the position of ward and give duties to professors
Remove master positions since they do the same thing as professor
Remove lead member group and change it to members and juniors, each keeping same voting power.
Actually state that participating in elemental discussions isn't mandatory (not really a change)
Actually state that being magical is not mandatory though preferred (also not really a change)
Alter the organization of groups and add in additional discussion sections such as alternative magic systems than the elemental
Add in a group specifically for helping people with roleplayingThats all i can think of for the moment for changes.

The last thing im going to touch on is getting active. Those who have the time/energy/etc, please join my soon to be quest likely going to be named "the Cloak and dagger". I plan for magic/characters not uber so if you have a need for powerhouses, this quest isn't for you. Alternatively you can join Istar's quest (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=1082305#post1082305) (get his permission of course)

Fatty_McFatterson
29th January 2008, 10:07 AM
A Double master is sort of like a regular master except he uses two elements.

Its not that he is a master of both elements but he is good at using them seperately he prefers to use them together and no one is better than him at using them together.

For Example: A Fire Lightning Double master can use Fire and Lightning seperately at a good level.
However, they can sombine spells for better effectiveness than most other people.

If that is confusing than justs say so.

AliDheren
29th January 2008, 12:08 PM
I suppose it's ok that I'm a master, unless you believe I may do any other service.

I'm going to bring in a stronger version of Ali here.

My toy will be Aurell.

Burice
29th January 2008, 12:10 PM
Time for me to come out of retirement. You don't mind if I join up with Malkar Kento, do ya?

Van
29th January 2008, 12:26 PM
DC - It wasn't that i was confused, I just wanted to make sure it was what I thought it was. I don't know if I want to add anything else considering I am wanting to remove stuff and simplify.

Ali - You have alot of experience with spirit so I figured I'd list you as one of the people to go to ask about spirit stuff. It's up to you if you want to keep the position.

Burice - come on in and join the club. If you have suggestions, comments, what have you, go ahead and make em.

That goes for all of you as well, go ahead and make comments and suggestions about the thread. Also I need those for my proposed changes to the group listed in my last post.(Could have swore i had put some comment asking for opinion in that last post)

on a side note, nice avi ali!

Fatty_McFatterson
29th January 2008, 12:46 PM
Then let me be one just unoficialy.

Van
29th January 2008, 01:05 PM
Well thats fine, but you don't need a clan to self appoint yourself something. I mean asiram self appointed himself as char rater and eventually people just went with it.

Mannequine
30th January 2008, 01:48 PM
Well, I have a relatively good knowledge about magic in general, I doubt it will be too hard for me to voice my theories.

Sign me up. Now I have incentive to create my gnome mage.

Oh and, you said anyone can join in the cloak and dagger yes? Even a character who doesn't have a history?

Petoux
30th January 2008, 06:23 PM
Vegna BA character as master of water.

{lead member being a gunman too?}

Etherel BA character as master of weapons.

pinballwizard420
30th January 2008, 08:44 PM
Sorry to leave you hanging, but apparently I'm neither wanted nor welcome anywhere on GUA, so I have made the decision to leave entirely.

Istar
30th January 2008, 09:03 PM
We're getting quite a crew together here, Van. Any idea when we will be made official/become a usergroup?

Van
30th January 2008, 11:38 PM
Good to have you guys aboard, Itll be professor for the moment because im currently discussing changes in regards to that and a few other things. I would like everyones input on this.

I plan on making the following changes

Change name of tribunal to council
Remove the position of ward and give duties to professors
Remove master positions since they do the same thing as professor
Remove lead member group and change it to members and juniors, each keeping same voting power.
Actually state that participating in elemental discussions isn't mandatory (not really a change)
Actually state that being magical is not mandatory though preferred (also not really a change)
Alter the organization of groups and add in additional discussion sections such as alternative magic systems than the elemental
Add in a group specifically for helping people with roleplayingI would appreciate any input anyone has to add.

In regards to officiality, whenever people in power get to work.

Also i would like to point out my quest The cloak and dagger.

Ebivoulya
30th January 2008, 11:45 PM
I'm in.

Same version of my character I used in ToL. All I request is Professor of Alpha, but I won't deny any other titles.

Van
31st January 2008, 12:56 AM
Obviously in since i've been talking to you about this forever. Also gave you a position on the Tribunal.

Edit: if you haven't noticed the forum up yet, well go do so. We have a usergroup so go click and join.