PDA

View Full Version : HEY I'm new with QUESTIONS

Bananaman19
16th January 2008, 08:03 PM
Hey everyone I am new, I am good with making forums, writing, I used to be decent with photoshop but I never deal with graphics anymore, and sorts of stuff.

I have a few questions for anyone who is good with RPGs and JAVA and rpg making. I am designing an RPG with a friend who happens to be writing the plot, I am doing the site, We have another person yet to make graphics, and I have a question about making an rpg system.

I was going to make it so we used an IRC chatroom to Role Play, but I was thinking about having a system so people can actually battle other members by clicking "attack" "buy items" etc stuff like that. I started writing over some old scripts I had which were similar to this one RPg Hiddenworld (if anyone knows of it www.hiddenworld.com) But I noticed every script they use a php page and such and It has been 2 years since I wrote scripts and I am a bit lost!

I was wondering, can anyone possibly help us with the RPG you will be rewarded as an admin and can own the rpg with us! Or can anyone just tell me how to get started on finding and making such a system!

Thank you in advance to anyone, sorry I did not know where to post this!

ShadowGandalf
16th January 2008, 09:09 PM
php is a server-side scripting language, which means that you won't be able to see or cannibalize the meat of the code.

*->Static<-*
17th January 2008, 02:42 AM
I know you are new here, but I find you question more appropriate in here.

You are free to make a new introduction thread if you want.

Bananaman19
17th January 2008, 02:12 PM
Oh thank you very much I will!

But still can I get some help with figuring out the coding or anything I am lost haha

thank you all!

Perad
17th January 2008, 05:09 PM
Currently you are basically asking someone to write the code for you. Come up with something and I am sure many people on this board will be able to help you get it running.

Bananaman19
21st January 2008, 05:45 PM
Ohh yeah you are right I'm sorry! haha

Yeah I really just have no idea where to even begin, and I was wondering if someone good sort of give me a push maybe and I will do the rest of the coding.

Thank you all!

snoop
22nd January 2008, 06:20 AM
First you'll want some meat (http://www.php.net) and then some potatoes (www.w3c.org). (I.E. write some PHP and then design the site using HTML)

Perad
22nd January 2008, 11:26 AM
Can I also confirm, are you looking to write an RPG with Java or with php?

php can create something like Kings of chaos.

With Java you can make something like Rune Scape

FirePenguins
22nd January 2008, 09:17 PM
With Java you can make something like Rune Scape

Lol, not to discourage, but to rain reality; with Java and a team of programmers, designers, content writers, and artists you can create something like Runescape. However, there have been many very awesome solo games (smaller RPGs, shooters, arcade style games) created by just one person. And if you get something started that looks promising, then a lot of people will want to join and help out. Runescape example again - started with one guy, he made something promising got his brother involved and then they got more people to join and it was able to evolve into the game it is today.

Bananaman19
24th May 2008, 12:21 PM
Hey everyone who helped me out with the whole idea.

It has been a long time since I started this thread!

I have been working on the RPG and actually am vey pleased with it.
I just chose to use a forum for this one just for now, but I have been researching php and I think what I am looking for is along those lines. (yes like kings of chaos)

I want to thank everyone who decided to help me out and it meant alot to me.

OH and if anyone is interested in Gundams, the person helping me out with this rpg has a sweet Gundam RPG of his own, just PM me for the site and I'll let you know it.