View Full Version : The Last Alliance

Teiresias
15th January 2008, 05:36 PM
Alliance Name: The Last Alliance

Alliance Member Count (on forums): 118

Alliance Forum Link: http://www.tlakoc.org.uk

Brief description of your alliance:

History

The Last Alliance was founded in mid-November 2003 (halfway through age 2) by originator Nediak. With the help of Queiden in the launch of a great recruiting campaign, Nediak and Queiden managed to have a stunning 100 members register in only the first week, among whom such illustrious names as Pelekan, Koko, DragonMagic and Lysander. Some time later Pelekan was promoted to co-leader. With the two of them at the helm TLA rose to true greatness. Pelekan finished age 2 at rank #27 whilst Nediak finished in #101. Back then, over 600 members had signed up to our old-school Proboards forum! In age 3 beta, Nediak was forced to quit KoC, and Pelecan broadened the staff into specialty-based assignments. This worked very well for such a big clan, until that dreaded day came: TLA's Proboards were hacked, forcing a move to an InvisionFree forum. Not much later, Pelecan's own account, ranked at #9 at the time, was also hacked. This disappointed him so that he too decided to quit KoC and organize elections for new leadership. Youngsters AJ and DoubleStix were elected the new leaders, and with the help of Koko again helped TLA prosper.
Again, real life interfered and AJ was forced to quit too, to be taken over by DragonMagic. DragonMagic and Doublestix were again a very good team, but eventually both got less and less interested, and new leaders were again elected. This time it was the by now legendary Nienna_Tasartir (who has now sadly quit leadership, because of medical reasons), long-time member Thaurial (now known as Gethsemane, had to quit leadership too because of work-related affairs) and LieutenantHero (also the scripter of recruiting apparatus Shadowfax and our Farm Database tool). In their lead TLA moved to http://www.tlakoc.org.uk . Also the great help of Kat should be noted: although he does not play KoC he has been a great forum administrator for TLA for a long time and is still going strong. Age 7 was a trying age for TLA, due to wars with sabclans but we managed to pull through, and nowadays under the helm of leaders Dragon-Spawn, ChrisTLA and Teiresias, The Last Alliance, with a history that dates back over 5 years, is still a thrivingly peaceful community.

The methods of TLA

TLA has always been a peaceful, diplomatic and community-based clan. If we have the possibility of ending conflicts in a peaceful manner we have always walked, and will always walk that path. TLA members and leadership are of course fully aware that this is not always possible, and history proves we take a stand if we have to. When called upon, our Army Squad is tenacious, relentless and unstoppable.
There's great tools and tips for helping out new players: with 5 years of experience TLA knows the game like no other. We have a scripted farm database, in which you will be able to find a good many people who usually carry a nice amount of loot.
Our recruiter Shadowfax, made by LieutenantHero, is one of the fastest around.
But the foremost things that make TLA so unique are the community and the communication. In most clans you never get the chance to speak to any of the higher-ups if you only get started: not so with TLA. In TLA everyone is treated equally, and important issues are usually decided by a vote open to all.
All in all, there is only one thing I can say: try it out. You will not leave us ever again.

Current Leaders:
Elder Kings - ChrisTLA, Dragon-Spawn, Teiresias
Gmods - crystal_sunset
Council of Elders - kozzus, Ragsnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeLeCaN
LONG LIVE TLA!!

Approved Posters
Doublestix11, DragonMagic, Thaurial_TLA, Nienna_Tasartir, LieutenantHero, Lisander, Nizzle, shakerem, Bizzy-Bone, iXaB, Denny, Teiresias, Erndog1488, Greencharity, MASTERMIND2222 Erdaerandir_TLA, Wrath-of-the-Drow, Crystal-Sunset, TheSadBlueDoll, AeliusPix, snotrags_better_half, atat23, Ragsnot. If you would like to be added, PM me (Teiresias) on KoC, or the TLA forum.

Shian
15th January 2008, 05:43 PM
Everything looks good.

I am going to be your contact moderator. So, pm me with any concerns about this thread.

Make sure you follow the rules of the forum (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=47514)

Dragon-Spawn
16th January 2008, 08:05 AM
We definitely have lots of fun because we are all so close. It is like a second family. We have members that have quit playing KOC, but they stay with the alliance and active on our forums because of the friendships that are made there.

As stated above, we are a diplomatic alliance first, but will stand up and defend ourselves when the need arises.

But don't take my word for it. Come and see for yourself!

Crystal-Sunset
17th January 2008, 03:31 AM
If you want an alliance that is more than a name, who will support you both in the game and in your life, who are willing to listen to any member no matter how new, and where you can build friendships that will last a lifetime (not just an age) then come to TLA.... See for yourself.

Doublestix
21st January 2008, 04:51 PM
I'm back in the game for now! TLA is still the same great alliance it was back in the first couple ages! Join TLA and your joining a family!

We've teamed up with TJO to create a stronger bond between us! May that mean a great alliance? Join and see for your self!

Dragon-Spawn
29th April 2008, 06:06 AM
Come check us out! We are a fun and friendly alliance. We also have a couple of different contests that are held weekly and monthly, so come see us.

darth_bob
27th May 2008, 11:14 PM
I'm not on the list but what the hell :P

As a TJO member, we were allied with TLA for many ages. And now as a TR leader, TLA has been one of our strongest supporters. If you're looking for a friendly, helpful, loyal alliance, then look no farther. TLA ftw!

I personally couldn't ask for a better bunch of friends :D