PDA

View Full Version : being attacked??

Petiac
14th January 2008, 07:53 AM
okay here is a question from someone who hasnt played in 2 ages. has koc turned into the land of threats even after 1 gold hit.

yesterday i made an attack for a low first day hit then i get a message stating ill be rememberred and sabbed later on. after a little checking i do realize which chain i hit and im sure down the road that chain will retaliate but is this now the norm is koc full of noobs who promise to attack later on. when i used to play people realized nothing was really taken personal first few days of age while everyone established there accounts.

also is it just me or does everyone act diffrently then what they ask for. where is what i mean i noticed in the alliances messages that everyone has posted that people ask not to be hit for a minimum amount but i noticed those same people attacking others for well below the minumum, i mean to me if im going to ask u all to not hit me for a specified amount well im not going to hit other people for that same amount???? is this normal does everyone need to feel there special and should ask for things they dont expect to give in return?????

is this what koc has become???? when i played if i showed respect, respect was given back. if ask not to be hit for a certian amount and do not attack for under that same amount that some wars would not be started??

this post is more to see what other players think not intended to start arguments on what each alliance asks for. just to see what all your input is about what people ask for and what they do in return.

Valheru_Prince
14th January 2008, 08:15 AM
I agree. KoC has become a childish game and since youīve left sabotage has become more important. The option of writing in your AA that hits will be retaliated made things worse. Most of the people writing it donīt understand that those amounts are ridiculously high given their DA and TBG.

My advise: Get strong and don't pm people who make stupid hits on you. Ignore them and most will go away. If they don't work something out with them or their commander/chain leader. Diplomacy is usually better than fighting a sab war. Your account will not last very long....

the_last_dawn
14th January 2008, 08:29 AM
ill have to disagree. It does get annoying having getting farmed for no reason.

Plus on top of that u get defended hits. I mean seriously. If you peopel attacking werent that noob then we high TFF's wouldnt have to deal with you.

Danny
14th January 2008, 08:38 AM
Well, People who say in their AA's stuff like...

"I SAB FOR GOLD HITS AND RECONS"

Or any kind of threat are just childish and think by saying some shitty message like that they will not get attacked. Think again, You're just humiliating yourself, Making your self look a fool in front of all them people who view your profile page.

Seriously guys, I mean... It's the second bloody day in the age, Why the hell are you making enemys already?

Valheru_Prince
14th January 2008, 09:37 AM
ill have to disagree. It does get annoying having getting farmed for no reason.

Plus on top of that u get defended hits. I mean seriously. If you peopel attacking werent that noob then we high TFF's wouldnt have to deal with you.

Itīs not the big TFF guys, itīs the n00bs that have nothing but are afraid of losing a million while their DA is like 100 or so. I saw too many of those guys who would just sab for such things while itīs the meaning of the game to attack if you can get profit.....

the_last_dawn
14th January 2008, 09:40 AM
I dont have all that. But maybe you dont see the other side of the coin. Cause there is always 2 sides. You might be thinking oh I just did one attack on him. But on the other hand his attack log could be full of farmers and turn hits. Something like what is happening to me =]. But I still havent gone rage in my AA.

AA said for first

First day of age 9 ~ online hits acceptable.

And today i changd it to. No more online hits from today. Age 9 well under way.

Ephrils
14th January 2008, 01:06 PM
Well, on the AA issue, it's just a comment box. You can say whatever you want there. Some will respect what you write, but I think older players will laugh at you and hit you anyway.

It's not because they don't respect your AA or anything, it's because it doesn't make the rules. I made mine something like "No offline attack ;)" or something like that.

beebob2uk
14th January 2008, 01:47 PM
Petiac - we who still consider the times when people respected other players, chainsweeping was deemed unacceptable by all and people were happy to chat friendly to their 'enemies' the good old days, are practically obsolete now. the game is now more about angry teenagers getting their agression out online, its a bit sad really.

Habsfan
14th January 2008, 01:49 PM
Petiac - we who still consider the times when people respected other players, chainsweeping was deemed unacceptable by all and people were happy to chat friendly to their 'enemies' the good old days, are practically obsolete now. the game is now more about angry teenagers getting their agression out online, its a bit sad really.

Wise words from a KoC player. People take this game too seriously now. No one slays they just make gold hits, and no one really is a sabber - they are just rankers, competing to see who can have the highest sab stats.

Everyone's a ranker, but no one is friendly anymore. Angry teenagers hijacked this game.

paradoxica
18th January 2008, 02:07 PM
Everyone's a ranker, but no one is friendly anymore. Angry teenagers hijacked this game.

i agree. i think angry teenagers should go back to playing Warcraft and leave games like this that should just be fun alone. i've already been attacked while online twice after playing for 2 days, even though most people have learned that not attacking while online is respectful. i understand this is a war game, but no one is nice anymore. last age i got some seriously scary death threats, not to my account, but me personally, that they were going to hunt me down in my home and beat me up. it's ridiculous.

i've also already been farmed 3 times in one day by someone. and i only have 30 units, so it's not like i have a lot of gold. no respect anymore. i still chat friendly with enemies, and some are nice, but others are really, really hostile. IT'S JUST A GAME.

active
18th January 2008, 02:43 PM
My favorite is when someone sends you a threat message after you hit them, and their spy is like 10x lower than your sentry.

ahh the joy of teens

hobblethunk
18th January 2008, 03:39 PM
My fav was the guy in the last age that had the AA of "no online hits"....he hit me while I was online (for crap gold too). I PMed him calling him out...he never answered.

PlayBo!
19th January 2008, 12:01 PM
Full of cyber warriors these days,
Someone had in their box thingy no hits below 500k (this in age 8) and attacked me for 270k, I pm'd saying you could at least hit over 500k as you say dont attack you for that.
The reply was "f*ck you noob dont attack me for under 500k im a track star ill f*ck you up"
Cant help but rofl

Verdandi
28th February 2008, 02:07 PM
I had to actually write an AA that said:

No hits for less than 50k.

Yeah, people attacked me for 30-20k...

Moosey
29th February 2008, 05:43 AM
I last seriously played in Age 4, so I can't say anything about these newfangled ages, but seriously, this game has to lighten up.

The idea of no online hits is exactly the same as "Don't attack me for less than X or I pimp your ass!". KoC is a war and strategy game, anything goes really. Petiac is right though, back in the good old days everyone was friendly whether you were enemies or not. You just got someone else to do your dirty work for you...?!

Respect works both ways - if they hit you while your online, hit them back when they're online. Karma bites sometimes... get on with it... KoC is full of idiots, but then again, do you see any of them occupying the top ranks? Veterans always win as we know the best strategy.

KoC theory should be:

Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything... But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

TheyCallMeET
29th February 2008, 11:12 AM
Just ignore unreasonable AA's. I had a guy from PR who said "I sab all attacks"... and he wasn't kidding....so... my solution was to farm him 4-6 times a day. I figured if i'm gonna get sabbed for hitting once, I might as well hit 4-6 times a day. I told his commander to not get involved, as his officers AA was unreasonable and i'm not gonna take a sab for 1 attack and do nothing. His commander didn't get involved and in a few days he changed his AA to the typical PR AA "no more then 1 attack per day... la la la"... but even that... if they got gold, I hit it. Until things begin to look really sketchy, I ignore their rules.

As for people remembering your name to sab later... I doubt it. If they got an attitude like that towards you for 1 attack, just imagine how many other people they are talking smack to and threatening to 'remember'... just tell them to F off (in your head only though) and keep playing how you play.

U22neos
3rd March 2008, 05:49 PM
Full of cyber warriors these days,
Someone had in their box thingy no hits below 500k (this in age 8) and attacked me for 270k, I pm'd saying you could at least hit over 500k as you say dont attack you for that.
The reply was "f*ck you noob dont attack me for under 500k im a track star ill f*ck you up"
Cant help but roflpeople like that i get my entire alliance to sab till he quits the game or gets another account :) and i love it

PlayBo!
3rd March 2008, 07:20 PM
Just out of curiosity, did any of them get beaten up by a "track star" ?

U22neos
3rd March 2008, 10:27 PM
what i want to know is... how can a track star beat you up i meen track stars last time i checked run not beat people up lol

L0B0
4th March 2008, 04:15 AM
My AA: Yes, I attack online people... so what?

I'm tired of threats, tired of wanker-demi-god-teenagers, and tired of people telling me how to play. I enjoy the way I play, and I'll keep on doing the same.

I actually don't give any importance to others AA, I barely read it when I'm on my attack.

And yes, the game has change a lot, due to the 24 turn a day thing, so the point is "adapting", not "complaining".

PlayBo!
4th March 2008, 05:30 AM
what i want to know is... how can a track star beat you up i meen track stars last time i checked run not beat people up lol

Apparently its all to do with fitnes etc it was quite a long winded explanation he got, i just called him fatty and he got pissed off even more.

U22neos
4th March 2008, 01:29 PM
Apparently its all to do with fitnes etc it was quite a long winded explanation he got, i just called him fatty and he got pissed off even more.
lmao well anyone who replys back the way he did has a helmet and drules all over him self in a padded room...:drool: how did he get a computer:pc:

Marxius
31st March 2008, 11:00 AM
I just joined this game half a week ago at the time of this post. So far I've done fine overall and now have somewhere around 8200 overall rank and 7000 something in attack and defense rank.

For a while I was afraid of attacking alliance members by experience in other games, but when I made the dare to attack someone with over 400k and ran off with 220k something, I fear the alliances less now since there was no response and ask whats the point of them now anyway?

What is the purpose of an alliance if they can't protect there members? Large scale wars?

Today I was over 200k something while making attacks and someone came in and took 86,291. I responded back and got 209,659 Gold :badger_2:, so I profited off of it. I quickly spent it on defense weapons with 640 strength before he responded a few seconds later.

His next attack made only 17,397. I was LMAO.

Kill3rSam
31st March 2008, 02:18 PM
There is a huge differnece between gameplay in this game between the higher ranks and lower ranks (no offence to your rank, you seem to be doing wel ).

Alliances and the diplomatics between them do make a huge difference to the higher ranks and the big accounts.

Getting attacked isn't usually an alliance mather and everyone is used to getting attacked, only when things get out of hand the alliance is called upon usually, so ! really , don't be scared of an alliance tag or chain if you are attacking fairly m8

L0B0
1st April 2008, 09:29 AM
Kill3r has hit the spot... while your fighting for 200k, alliances won't help. In fact, they can even limit your targets.

But as it happened with me, when reached 700 my targets narrowed, and I was "forced" to attack people around me... again and again. Then, I started to receive threats and warnings, which didn't threaten me at all, but made me reconsider joining an alliance. I finally joined The Phoenix Crusaders and I feel more comfortable now... ;-)

Hey, it's not spam, I was pointing out my case!! :-D

Da_D_Master
2nd April 2008, 03:20 AM
Marxius, Alliances can be very useful in times of need, as long as you're not doing anything stupid and going against your own alliances rules (that'll get u kicked from the alliance) Alliances will provide you with an emense amount of support compared to what u would have if your by yourself even for a low ranked players. Also, there is no need to be scared off by an alliance, though some u should be careful of, but as long as u don't go over the top, u'll be fine :D

Also with people who hit 2 times in a row online, well they need to be dealt with. I mean they hit u, u hit back, and then they expect some kind of pay back, when it was they who started it. If u were or are in alliance u should imediately report their attacks on you, and something is likely to happen in ur favour :D eg sabbing,etc on the person. These kind of people have no respect for other players and none should be given to them in return.

Also with previous comments about "stupid teenagers" as a teenager I disgree I try my best to respect others, also most players that I know are actually in their 20's or older. And if the suposed "stupid teenager" does do some pretty stupid things, give em what they deserve and it'll keep em quite the next time :P Or they might just be a noob, I used to do stupid things like that when I first started, but soon quickly adapted to the game and am no longer a pesty noob :P