PDA

View Full Version : the Best idea is the simplest one.

Don-
7th January 2008, 11:19 PM
hello koc!

i played in age 7, the last good age, i ran a clan called "TF" or "The Family" some of you may remember us, we got to rank 6 and quit from disgust! and from RL commitments!

Lets see, the game had alot of up and coming clans/deals in age 7 TF/TDO/nameless/PR combo was one of them, and UL had big plans too as did the greeks. i rly felt competition was increasing!, no-one complained to the point they would quit!

with the exception of fury's gay website poll he made which was absolute rubbish from the war clan side of things and one sided (for the rankers, fury knows what i mean, he was trying to help meh, but still.... ), but obviously stirred the bored owners into some sort of action.

Recently i created a small acc under BSS-mfnBonsai (Bon) to say gday to a few ppl, and to annoy some ppl! but i got over it quickly once again. checking my hotmail recently, i got the age9beta email, and thought wow, the game may become good again! so i logged in to 9b, my jaw dropped! dumbfounded i offer my opinions, from a player who played/ran a big enuff clan/acc in age 7.

so the simplest idea would be to

1)CHANGE IT BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS in age 6 or 7. FFS incl, and more specificly
- losing the following from age 8
- new race - why throw more variables into a complex equation?
- race bonuses - was fine as is, give elves back sentry!
- UP higher - why? its relative anyway, 640 was plenty
- turn system - no 5x1 massing (i loved doing this) *winks*, limited #/capped why? best part of game was "training down" and "burning turns" change it to old 1-15 turns, bring back probing.
- sab turns - :censored:
- sab turn multiplier - :censored:
- spy to sentry sab ratio - :censored:
- recon success rate/ratio - :censored:

- losing the following from age 9
- unlimited attacks - no challenge

ADD IN/add back in:

2) unlimited clicking - more time spent playing/clicking, u earn your place, ppl say henry cheated, hey u spend every waking minute clicking, u fucking earnt your place - so stfu part timers u cant expect to be equal and log in once a day and cry about being passed by "mad clickers".
3) allaince affiliation/rank - ok with me :)
4) when officers quit join commander above - ok

and hey, just maybe KoC will attract the old school players back. or maybe not, either way GL getting some players to stick to it!

~Don (http://www.myspace.com/grantbennett79)

Da_D_Master
7th January 2008, 11:48 PM
well I'd have to say I like the way Age 8 was, and yeah, unlimted attacks is crap.

Pinturicchio
8th January 2008, 06:12 AM
agreed with the old aussie on top^...

freija
8th January 2008, 07:01 AM
Yeah, right!Change it back to how it was in age 7.
Rules for age 9 beta are probably so bad for us to start loving age 8 wich was a crap.People start complaining about age 8 when it started cause it has some bad rules, but now with the new rules they will say age 8 was good :) but it wasn`t.

The only good thing that can be added is sabbing sabb tools but not the sentry tools.
I pray that admins to change it how it was in age 7 otherwise we will have only 100 pages with players.

EnemySlayer
8th January 2008, 07:34 AM
The only good thing that can be added is sabbing sabb tools but not the sentry tools.
I pray that admins to change it how it was in age 7 otherwise we will have only 100 pages with players.
I dont understand how it can be a good thing. A ranker can sab a sabbers nunchakus and destroy him, but not the other way around.

chaser1
8th January 2008, 08:51 AM
I like the way Age 7 was personally, the age was just too long. If it would have been short like in age 8, then it would have been close to perfect.

Ady
8th January 2008, 09:00 AM
Age 6 ftw

Don - i LOVE your sig

is this the un-timely end of the probe attack

Quote:
5 days ago fury 17,513 Gold stolen 15 1 0 3,044 9,543 details
5 days ago fury 1,380 Gold stolen 1 0 0 2,505 10,355 details

amazing!

But yeah, i agree with your ideas.

freija
8th January 2008, 02:21 PM
I dont understand how it can be a good thing. A ranker can sab a sabbers nunchakus and destroy him, but not the other way around.

Sentry is good for sabbers too not only for rankers, and a powerfull sabber will allways have a better sentry than a ranker :)

Don-
8th January 2008, 04:11 PM
Age 6 ftw

Don - i LOVE your sig

is this the un-timely end of the probe attack

Quote:
5 days ago fury 17,513 Gold stolen 15 1 0 3,044 9,543 details
5 days ago fury 1,380 Gold stolen 1 0 0 2,505 10,355 details

amazing!

But yeah, i agree with your ideas.

another reason the game was good fun in the past was the msgs the probings create, look at this msg i dug up from the TF war forums age7, from the so called b1tch try-hard:

Vivlady_ None 13 minutes ago
we aint sabbing you anymore, cos NR are twats.

infact, I am more than likely sellings my account to henry v. soon to help get back #1.

so stop the n00bs like this please.

21 hours ago toadistheman 36,102,474 Gold stolen 15 17 137 966,220,454 715,643,000 details
21 hours ago toadistheman 2,289,729 Gold stolen 1 22 193 985,931,256 676,170,538 details
1 day ago toadistheman 1,320,364 Gold stolen 1 41 391 1,005,272,215 634,080,929 details
2 days ago toadistheman 31,230,292 Gold stolen 15 33 306 1,023,953,349 646,436,111 details
2 days ago toadistheman 2,126,233 Gold stolen 1 23 196 947,060,063 657,100,943 details
2 days ago toadistheman 569,898 Gold stolen 1 14 143 1,150,364,679 711,087,341 details
2 days ago toadistheman 555,378 Gold stolen 1 22 201 939,509,487 631,380,081 details
3 days ago toadistheman 215,069 Gold stolen 1 53 349 1,015,721,944 747,895,944 details
3 days ago toadistheman 24,862,738 Gold stolen 15 52 311 955,381,102 768,640,098 details
3 days ago toadistheman 2,328,502 Gold stolen 1 38 266 994,234,250 694,453,182 details
4 days ago toadistheman 24,970,535 Gold stolen 15 33 221 1,013,355,358 738,476,507 details
4 days ago toadistheman 23,153,475 Gold stolen 15 67 374 887,428,702 761,019,035 details
4 days ago toadistheman 1,277,036 Gold stolen 1 39 277 963,609,053 662,338,004 details
4 days ago toadistheman 529,386 Gold stolen 1 52 332 964,403,215 738,131,284 details

2 hours ago wicked_rober Attack defended 15 54 88 156,665,983 737,114,941 details

u wont get a msg at all with the current set-up, just change it back to the way it was please.

~Don.

Puppypower
8th January 2008, 04:46 PM
Dude, i seriously think that perhaps this would save KoC a lot. Please admins, take notice, we don't want a crappy game with no players otherwise everyone who is left is gonna leave and it'll be like a ghost town with the tumbleweed.

This sounds pretty damn good, and yeh, i also like the aliance system in age 8, that was the best change they made that age.

Da_D_Master
8th January 2008, 05:04 PM
Yeah Aliance thing was great, but I still reckon Age 8 was good, but make it a bit more like Age 7, as they both had good ideas, and some real stupid ones. Also, I think you should be able to do an aliance search, not just names. So if your at war with a clan you can easily check them all out, also It's good to see exactly who's in your clan.

LoseR
8th January 2008, 06:03 PM
why do people want to sab spy tools? that means that spy will do everything.

Make it so that a large Strike Action can destroy Spy and Sentry tools, much like a large Spy can destroy Strike Action and Defensive Action Weapons.

Puppypower
8th January 2008, 06:06 PM
What about having all the aliances ranked, instead of the top ten ? Just so if your at number 11 you can actually see that you need to move one guy into top 400 to get top 10 ?

Perhaps not on the homepage, maybe a serparate page for it ?

zeshan
8th January 2008, 06:18 PM
Totally agree with DOn, age 7 was good, most of the stuff and rules was good too , only difference was that it was too long.

They wont bring age 6 back, but it would be good to have it back :D

Da_D_Master
8th January 2008, 07:25 PM
Totally agree with DOn, age 7 was good, most of the stuff and rules was good too , only difference was that it was too long.

They wont bring age 6 back, but it would be good to have it back :D

Yeah to long, no don't bring Age 6 back, bring Age 7 back but with a few fix ups.

Nameless_87
9th January 2008, 06:33 AM
If spy tools are going to be sabbable then remove the undead and give sentry bonus to elves like in age 7... 5 races are just too much... the more simple the game is the better... anyone agree?

xAre
9th January 2008, 09:58 AM
If spy tools are going to be sabbable then remove the undead and give sentry bonus to elves like in age 7... 5 races are just too much... the more simple the game is the better... anyone agree?

Why should elves get statbonuses in the two slowest stats to build? Theres a reason they split the bonus to two races.

SinSchism
9th January 2008, 11:21 AM
Honestly, I'm not even fond of the sab tool destruction. It seems a bit one-directional. Eventually, the only purpose to sab is to bust up sab tools.. Also, I like that there's a fifth race. Granted, I'm not falling into being undead, but I see no problem with their existence. With both spy and sentry, elves seemed almost... overpowered.

Kid Knite
9th January 2008, 01:21 PM
Yeah to long, no don't bring Age 6 back, bring Age 7 back but with a few fix ups.

totally agre here..age 6 sabbin was crazy..fun but crazy..age 7 was decent and fun..but due to the length..it sucked....we've had wat 2 beta's and one age since then..(maybe im wrong)..but there have been some good changes..just take the changes that the majority of active KOCer's want and implement and put them to age 7..and i think it would be a good age..

Grover
9th January 2008, 03:29 PM
I agree with Don, bring back age 7 rules... even with a few modifications it would be a hell of a lot better than age 9 beta. 9 beta is a joke, not even fun.

nick_
9th January 2008, 03:53 PM
Yea i also agree a mixture of age 7 and 8 will be much better then the beta they are having now.

Drumnadrochit-
9th January 2008, 04:12 PM
No, bring back Age 3 or 4. I loved those Ages most of all. <333333

..and I actually don't even know why.

And Don - hope to see you make a comeback! Would be fun and would stir TRD Discussion a bit up again maybe :P

Soldier_Worst
9th January 2008, 05:07 PM
No, bring back Age 3 or 4. I loved those Ages most of all. <333333

..and I actually don't even know why.

And Don - hope to see you make a comeback! Would be fun and would stir TRD Discussion a bit up again maybe :P

So true..
But those ages can't be brought back. Not enough people still playing.. And yea, things have evolved too.. other values, other recruiters,..

Da_D_Master
9th January 2008, 05:39 PM
Well I don't know about bringing back the really old ages, as I haven't played them ,lol. But as Soldier Worst said, other things have evolved. And I for one hate the stupid cliker programs, I wish they would just make it unlimited clicking in the game, and keep the UP, it'd make everyone happy, except for those stupid one sided view people.

xAre
9th January 2008, 05:57 PM
Well I don't know about bringing back the really old ages, as I haven't played them ,lol. But as Soldier Worst said, other things have evolved. And I for one hate the stupid cliker programs, I wish they would just make it unlimited clicking in the game, and keep the UP, it'd make everyone happy, except for those stupid one sided view people.

By unlimited clicking I hope you mean age2-7 rules? Cause I for one don't want to play 'kings of I can sit and click my link for more hours than you can'

Da_D_Master
9th January 2008, 06:12 PM
By unlimited clicking I hope you mean age2-7 rules? Cause I for one don't want to play 'kings of I can sit and click my link for more hours than you can'

Well I don't know about the rules for the old ages cause I haven't played them, but people already do that with the clicker programs, and it's not always best to click all day and night, in fact I find it better that ur army is as small as possible, it makes it alot more effective against the bigger ones, less assulties, less gold loss, etc. And yet again it's already like that for the high ranked players anyway with the stupid clicker programs. This just means everyone can click if they want to as well instead of having clicker program compatibilit problems, etc.

xAre
9th January 2008, 08:29 PM
Well I don't know about the rules for the old ages cause I haven't played them, but people already do that with the clicker programs, and it's not always best to click all day and night, in fact I find it better that ur army is as small as possible, it makes it alot more effective against the bigger ones, less assulties, less gold loss, etc. And yet again it's already like that for the high ranked players anyway with the stupid clicker programs. This just means everyone can click if they want to as well instead of having clicker program compatibilit problems, etc.

The difference is, with pure unlimited clicking, everyone would just be sitting clicking their own link, not with a clicker.

The "unlimited" clicking of previous ages included having to change IP to click again. Not just ramming the F5 button and pressing the correct button >.<

Stormrag3
9th January 2008, 09:01 PM
No Are, that wouldn't happen. A wise unlimited clicking would be:

To click link A, you gotta click first links B C D E F G H J K L M N O P Q ... to click A again.
Just Like in 'Age8b' ? (DDL)

Cheers, SG3.

xAre
9th January 2008, 09:34 PM
No Are, that wouldn't happen. A wise unlimited clicking would be:

To click link A, you gotta click first links B C D E F G H J K L M N O P Q ... to click A again.
Just Like in 'Age8b' ? (DDL)

Cheers, SG3.
I know it won't happen, I just want people to correctly specify what kind of clicking they want. If they say unlimited clicking, then I assume they mean no limits of click per link/ip (or account).

Didn't play A8b, was gone on vacation those months :p

Da_D_Master
9th January 2008, 11:39 PM
I know it won't happen, I just want people to correctly specify what kind of clicking they want. If they say unlimited clicking, then I assume they mean no limits of click per link/ip (or account).

Didn't play A8b, was gone on vacation those months :p

Well I don't see what's so bad about that, I mean people use the clicker programs to click others, but still get men, so why can't we just click our own links a gazzilion times. It'd mean more people can click as well, and no probblem with clicker program compatibility :)

INFERNO.
10th January 2008, 10:24 AM
I agree. Bring back Age 6 or 7.

And also agree with Nard there.

pamdora
10th January 2008, 01:54 PM
I totally agree with the original poster. i started in age 4 and all the ages were preferrable to age 8 even if age 7 dragged on forever lol
The only changes i truly enjoy is

1.the alliance affiliation on attack page

2.previous recon available on the attack page

3.Change in clicking rules as having a static IP address i am able to keep up better.

So i don't think clicking needs to be "unlimited" but i can see there are people who are capable of clicking more than me and i believe they should be able to so maybe raise the cap to 10 clicks per player in a 24 hr period by the same logged in account?
the reason i say change it is i go through days where i don't click and then days where going through each list 5 times is a breeze. I can only imagine if i was one of the players that faithfully clicked everyday that the 5 times rule would be very frustrating and having my growth that limited would be a reason to quit.

Don-
10th January 2008, 09:25 PM
ok looks like alot are in agreeance to bring back the old game here, admin didnt listen when 8b came out. so maybe they will now.

with regards to the clicking, it is a lil complicated as it is, logging in, only 50 clicks blah! its hard enuff to teach a noob to click as is!!

what is wrong with clicking your own link over and over again? nothing! your clicking everyone elses anyway and eventually your click credits come back to u as untrained, but at the same time ur helping your enemy grow!

on the plus side, it would end, click deals/credit transfers which i think has contributed in the demise of the game, in age4 u had 2 changes, if someone joined u they pretty much stuck with u thru thick and thin, in other words it created loyalty.

Now if u try to recruit an officer, its all about "how many clicks can u send me" when i was top10 age7, i received letter after letter from ppl ranked top1000 looking for a free ride from big clickers, each time i told them to fuck off! no loyalty! they run when they get sabbed etc. all the chains like JD and the like are all built from the "deals", if it was click for your own and no-one elses no credit transfers, it would end this bullshit forever, and ppl would have to stick with u thick or thin, or be labled cowards and go commanderless.

so what i meant by unlimited clicking was, your own link, using a koc-made add-on programme (not bias ones like DDL/lacn/pr) it loads your link whilst your logged in, u click it over and over and the untrained flow in instantaneous. woudl mean "clickback" would be high till the very end and i think it would increase the amount of ppl doing it, as results are instant! no need for game admins to upkeep a clicks database either, its much more simple! and NON BIAS!

it would still place alot of reliance on having a clan/team to support u, and would create what this game used to have loyalty to commanders. it would also mean, that if u clicked like a rabbit, you earnt it, u clicked it.

~Don.

Habsfan
11th January 2008, 12:15 AM
ok looks like alot are in agreeance to bring back the old game here, admin didnt listen when 8b came out. so maybe they will now.

with regards to the clicking, it is a lil complicated as it is, logging in, only 50 clicks blah! its hard enuff to teach a noob to click as is!!

what is wrong with clicking your own link over and over again? nothing! your clicking everyone elses anyway and eventually your click credits come back to u as untrained, but at the same time ur helping your enemy grow!

on the plus side, it would end, click deals/credit transfers which i think has contributed in the demise of the game, in age4 u had 2 changes, if someone joined u they pretty much stuck with u thru thick and thin, in other words it created loyalty.

Now if u try to recruit an officer, its all about "how many clicks can u send me" when i was top10 age7, i received letter after letter from ppl ranked top1000 looking for a free ride from big clickers, each time i told them to fuck off! no loyalty! they run when they get sabbed etc. all the chains like JD and the like are all built from the "deals", if it was click for your own and no-one elses no credit transfers, it would end this bullshit forever, and ppl would have to stick with u thick or thin, or be labled cowards and go commanderless.

so what i meant by unlimited clicking was, your own link, using a koc-made add-on programme (not bias ones like DDL/lacn/pr) it loads your link whilst your logged in, u click it over and over and the untrained flow in instantaneous. woudl mean "clickback" would be high till the very end and i think it would increase the amount of ppl doing it, as results are instant! no need for game admins to upkeep a clicks database either, its much more simple! and NON BIAS!

it would still place alot of reliance on having a clan/team to support u, and would create what this game used to have loyalty to commanders. it would also mean, that if u clicked like a rabbit, you earnt it, u clicked it.

~Don.

Sounds like RoT. I don't play RoT for a reason - it's too insane/too much work.

If you earn it you develop relationships and don't use carpal tunnel. KoC lives and dies off relationship, clicking removes the relationship = hence less players (as well as chain-sabbers who can't be stopped).

Carlos
11th January 2008, 02:11 PM
i disagree...
So basically, you are saying whoever has more free time wins. if people like henry clicked 100k a day, knowing he would get 50k back, imagine how many he would click ith instant results

NardHipples
11th January 2008, 02:22 PM
people like henry don't exist, there is only 1 henry. and people forget that he did have several people behind the scenes doing quite a bit also.

KoC lives and dies off relationship, clicking removes the relationship = hence less players
uh the relationships that koc is built around ARE NOT centered around clicking. even if they were, imagine the relationships that could be built from clicking your friends unlimited times -_-

btom4
11th January 2008, 04:05 PM
wow it's been a loooonnnnnngggggg time. I quit and won't comeback till the old school is back.( age6 or 7) that was when KoC was fun. I agree with everything don said plus the whole unlimited clicking idea for your own link. And yeh it's about time the admins started thier own clicker that's actualy NEUTRAL. But unfortuantley the admins don't give a shit and won't do anything but ignore these helpful suggestions and let their game go to ruin. Maybe the took the expression "always leave them wanting more" a little to close to heart

Don-
11th January 2008, 11:26 PM
Sounds like RoT. I don't play RoT for a reason - it's too insane/too much work.

is that whats in RoT? i dont know ^_^

If you earn it you develop relationships and don't use carpal tunnel. KoC lives and dies off relationship, clicking removes the relationship = hence less players (as well as chain-sabbers who can't be stopped).

explain how clicking your own link is any different to clicking everyone elses and waiting 1-48 hours for your "clickback to return" ? It makes no difference. the end result is still selloff's decide and bigest chain decides?

The relationship? is formed when war clans like BSS start chaining you and your officers for no reason, those relationships in age4 when there was no click transfer, no ridiculous deals, relationships were formed for protection and general friendship whilst the new officer learns the game, a loyal age4 officer stuck by u, not like the deal whores of the modern game who want a % of what they click and 500 mil sells at the end, loyal friends>bought friends hombre.

but u know what btom4 is 100% correct. none of this matters, this forum is a farse. no-ones suggestions or comments were taken into any consideration when age8 was created why think anything said here will matter anyway.

~Don.

killing_squad
12th January 2008, 07:36 AM
no-ones suggestions or comments were taken into any consideration when age8 was created why think anything said here will matter anyway.

We will see it in some hours don :D

TH_Roofloof
12th January 2008, 09:49 AM
i just looking forward to what the admins bring us really soon :p

Aeneas
12th January 2008, 10:29 AM
I dunno ... I rather liked Age 3, when I first started playing. Back then, sabbers had mad power, and there was no screwy sabbing sab tools. There were no limits on how much you could click (I couldn't click anyways - I have a Mac) and that was fine. Everybody had fun ganging up on PR (anybody remember OPRA, the extra-small sab force?) and the game was just fun in general. I say revert to the past.