PDA

View Full Version : Security

Puppypower
6th January 2008, 06:05 AM
Okay, now i know a lot of people who have been caught out by the strict IP multi account things. But a lot of those people are innocent. We need a system to protect the innocent, like, a warning over PM system ingame and if they respond saying, oh we live in the same house or whatever, then let them continue playing, you lost 2 really good players to this, a big clicker as well who makes the pages show a lot of adverts, which gives you admins money doesn't it ? so you just killed some income :P

So what i'm saying is, a warning of something and don't go around banning people, also i think we need to have an admin account on KoC that people can talk to about that sort of thing.

Sorry if i'm rambling, it's late, i'm tired & yeh :P lol i'm probably not making any sense

meeker
6th January 2008, 06:08 AM
thats great that solves everything, just ask them if they cheat and if they say yes ban them ;)

Sixix
6th January 2008, 09:06 AM
i think now you can react on a ban or suspension, but im not sure what admins will do about your reply :p

http://www.giveupalready.com/showpost.php?p=1067606&postcount=1384

elfmare
6th January 2008, 09:41 AM
adm. dont care if there is more then one person in the house, they dont care about you, they just get tired of hearing people cry and bitch that others are cheating. they got thier best people that they like...
trying to change the game for the better is just making it worst..

Puppypower
6th January 2008, 03:15 PM
If that's the case the contact email or whatever has to be made more public :P

Scooter
7th January 2008, 10:27 AM
sorry..but that is one of my the more stupid ideas ive ever heard. do you really think that the people that are CHEATING in the first place are going to admit to it?

Happiness is mandatory
7th January 2008, 03:17 PM
However, it would be good if at least rules had some mention about ip limitations. Now there's not even a hint that you may get problems if you play with other people from same ip.

Quasar
7th January 2008, 08:11 PM
Yeah, 5, i repeat, FIVE of my officers have been banned 'coz they played from the same IP. Three of them were brothers; I know they weren't one person coz they all sent me random messages and they didn't login one after the other, (being their commander)/. The other two were roommates. All banned, with no chance to appeal.

I get what puppypower's trying to say; and I support it, the problem's that you can't be sure whether they're telling the truth or not.

I dunno.

Da_D_Master
7th January 2008, 09:41 PM
I think people should just be allowed to have more than one account therefore not having stupid banned accounts. I mean it just means more time wasted for the person who makes the extra account trying to get them all good. And what can they really gain from having more than one account anyway, please give feed back.

Puppypower
7th January 2008, 09:52 PM
I think people should just be allowed to have more than one account therefore not having stupid banned accounts. I mean it just means more time wasted for the person who makes the extra account trying to get them all good. And what can they really gain from having more than one account anyway, please give feed back.

What they can gain is a nice little sell of for a main account, imagine this. 15 accounts, all worth 1 billion in sale value. Then the owner sells them all to their main account which makes that account worth 15 billion instead of 1. But if everyone was allowed to have multiple accounts, then i guess it's not an unfair advantage is it ? because everyone can do it.

But i think we need some sort of system that protects the innocent, KoC is getting to small and this is getting rid of a lot of people.

Scooter
7th January 2008, 10:41 PM
are you guys serious? no! this idea is so dumb. it will only set those top ranks from the low ranks even more. the people in this game with great ranks put a lot of time into it, if they can put the time into more than 1 account, that just means more gold for them. 1 account is plenty...if you cant do well with 1, youre not going to do well with more than 1. like it was already said, if its available to everyone, its not an unfair advantage..if thats the case, then how will it help anyone in the long run?

Da_D_Master
8th January 2008, 12:19 AM
What they can gain is a nice little sell of for a main account, imagine this. 15 accounts, all worth 1 billion in sale value. Then the owner sells them all to their main account which makes that account worth 15 billion instead of 1. But if everyone was allowed to have multiple accounts, then i guess it's not an unfair advantage is it ? because everyone can do it.

But i think we need some sort of system that protects the innocent, KoC is getting to small and this is getting rid of a lot of people.

But that means they need to spend 15 times more hours to keep them all running, but it still doesn't really help the main account, as you can only give the main one a few men for your recruit link thingy, not like they can give you an SA bonus or anything, as before, give feed back

are you guys serious? no! this idea is so dumb. it will only set those top ranks from the low ranks even more. the people in this game with great ranks put a lot of time into it, if they can put the time into more than 1 account, that just means more gold for them. 1 account is plenty...if you cant do well with 1, youre not going to do well with more than 1. like it was already said, if its available to everyone, its not an unfair advantage..if thats the case, then how will it help anyone in the long run?

Exactly, if everyone can do it, then no one gets banned, and it doesn't really help anyonw out

Puppypower
8th January 2008, 04:40 AM
Exactly, if everyone can do it, then no one gets banned, and it doesn't really help anyonw out

Yes i agree, i don't think that allowing multi accounts is the solution here. It's a toughie to get around. But i don't think we can go around banning people just because fo multi IP's. i realise the admins don't care about a single person on the game, surely they care about their money, and the game in general, so they should seriously consider something... I'm out of ideas as to what though.

Anyone else got any ideas ?

freija
8th January 2008, 07:05 AM
i think now you can react on a ban or suspension, but im not sure what admins will do about your reply :p

http://www.giveupalready.com/showpost.php?p=1067606&postcount=1384

THEY DON`T REACT!!!
I tried to enter my age 9beta account for the first time and I got this:

"You have been suspended for . Your account will be re-enabled in 1 second."

For sure it`s a bug or something cause my account on age 8 was never suspended so I don`t see any motive to have my age 9 beta account suspenede as long I didn`t use it :))

I writte to them and till noe (24hours) no reply :(

Pinturicchio
8th January 2008, 07:54 AM
THEY DON`T REACT!!!
I tried to enter my age 9beta account for the first time and I got this:

"You have been suspended for . Your account will be re-enabled in 1 second."

For sure it`s a bug or something cause my account on age 8 was never suspended so I don`t see any motive to have my age 9 beta account suspenede as long I didn`t use it :))

I writte to them and till noe (24hours) no reply :(

I know others that have the same problem..

yhou guys really need to stop that . .. :D
. will get you suspended.. :)

freija
8th January 2008, 02:23 PM
I know others that have the same problem..

yhou guys really need to stop that . .. :D
. will get you suspended.. :)

lol
they will suspend me for 1 more second? :))

Da_D_Master
8th January 2008, 05:19 PM
wtf probally a bug, but they need to do something about it though, cause some people will take it really seriously, not that they shouldn't. I still think that allowing multiple accounts is a good way to solve things, as the admins don't care about reasons for multi IP's. As in the end if everone can have multiple accounts, it can't really benefit anyone having an extra account, and it means no more banning.

Borga
10th January 2008, 08:49 AM
Why not allow multiple Accounts on a single IP but one account on the same IP as another can't take the gold if the other account sold weapons to get the gold instead of by gaining it through TBG(as in case of a selloff).

That way different people can play on the same IP but there would be little risk that a single account can gain the gold from more than one account on the same IP.

Scooter
10th January 2008, 09:51 AM
Why not allow multiple Accounts on a single IP but one account on the same IP as another can't take the gold if the other account sold weapons to get the gold instead of by gaining it through TBG(as in case of a selloff).

That way different people can play on the same IP but there would be little risk that a single account can gain the gold from more than one account on the same IP.

Thats the way that hellwars worked, but it still doesnt solve anything. then people would just create account to sell off to others. think about it..."hey, create an account to sell to me, and ill create one to sell to you"

and for those who cant get into beta...you were in vacation mode in age 8 when beta opened.