PDA

View Full Version : Summary thread

fury
3rd January 2008, 03:04 PM
Admins like short & sweet shit, no long explanations and analyses

Summary of my suggestions:
1) No more tool loss, since tools can be sabbed now
2) Equalize weapons & upgrades, make the race bonuses the only other deciding factor in the game's stat balance.
3) Less weapons (nobody wants to scroll 3 miles to reach the end)
4) More expensive spy upgrade
5) Unlimit clicking since it's even more important
6) More attack mercs, less defense mercs
7) Unlimited attacking/massing/sab attempts rules! Keep it, fo shizzle
8) Alliance notice board something like the commander notice board

Gogogo

Borinqueneer
3rd January 2008, 03:51 PM
equalising the weapons will make the top guys totally unreacgable, since then there will be no way that some all SA slayer can catch them. Again making the spy upgrade more expensive would make the gap between the big and small account even bigger and unlimited clicking doesnt do nothing, since the big will get even bigger and I think alot of player get discourage because they have to spend so much time clicking.

jog1
3rd January 2008, 04:40 PM
looks good, exept for the unlimited attacks, that wouldn't be very cool

Soldier_Worst
3rd January 2008, 05:10 PM
Is that the summary of the majority of people, the summary of the majority of people who are complaining or your summary?

It should be the first one, but I have my doubts about it. Only because people who tend to like the new changes are silent. Most people you hear is the part who complains.

My summary of the new changes is shorter: An age like age 9 beta surely will be more exciting than the last ages.

My personal view on your summary:

1) No more tool loss, since tools can be sabbed now -> agreed
2) Equalize weapons & upgrades, make the race bonuses the only other deciding factor in the game's stat balance. -> agreed
3) Less weapons (nobody wants to scroll 3 miles to reach the end) -> not important but agreed[/color
4) More expensive spy upgrade -> [color=blue]Nah.. I don't see the benefits in such a change. If you want a bigger spy, buy more tools and have the necessairy amount of spies to wield them. Every spylevel doubles your actual power, more expensive upgrades would increase the gap between players who can afford it and those who can't. The goal must be to keep gaps relative small, makes the game more interesting.
5) Unlimit clicking since it's even more important It's certainly not clear what the majority wants, and the majority can choose the wrong option anyway. Personally I wouldn't mind about unlimited clicking, but then with a system not depending on the IP, to get rid of the dynamic IP advantage, changing IP's still is borderline behaviour, almost against the rules. I've suggested "you can reclick the same links every 500 links you've done" or "after 1 hour" or whatever.. possibilities enough. To change your IP if it's a static one, is a whole mess, and if you're not at home, you can't go changing IP's as much as you want.
6) More attack mercs, less defense mercs as I never buy mercs, I have no clue about the mercsituation. But I did like the "race for mercs" in the early ages, you had to be quick. If it's no challenge to get them anymore, they'd better make it unlimited.
7) Unlimited attacking/massing/sab attempts rules! Keep it, fo shizzle Unlimited as in no cap on the turns is ok. There should be a limit on amount of actions on the same player /24 hours, and turns should be kept too, when you've used them all, your attacking is over. Thats more than unlimited enough.
8) Alliance notice board something like the commander notice board Also fun, but not very important

Keneva
3rd January 2008, 05:42 PM
question? who's going to be stupid enough to build a large account next age, if it's going to be destroyed like this?

3 hours ago fury Sabotage 8 1
3 hours ago fury Sabotage 8 0
3 hours ago fury Sabotage 8 2
3 hours ago fury Sabotage 8 3
3 hours ago fury Sabotage 8 4
3 hours ago fury Sabotage 1 0
3 hours ago fury Sabotage 1 1
3 hours ago fury Sabotage 12 2
3 hours ago fury Sabotage 10 1
3 hours ago fury Sabotage 15 4
3 hours ago fury Sabotage 10 3
3 hours ago fury Sabotage 6 0
3 hours ago fury Sabotage 5 1
3 hours ago fury Sabotage 25 6
3 hours ago fury Sabotage 12 3
3 hours ago fury Sabotage 6 2
3 hours ago fury Sabotage 20 5
3 hours ago fury Sabotage 6 1
3 hours ago fury Sabotage 10 2
3 hours ago fury Sabotage 6 3
3 hours ago fury Sabotage 9 2
3 hours ago fury Sabotage 9 4
3 hours ago fury Sabotage 7 2

Or
wargasm None 10 hours ago
i sabbed 3500 LT.
1800 and 1700.

thats an awful lot and should not be ruled in age 9.
no hard feelings i hope since its only beta testing..

tom

<tiger45> Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 8 spies to attempt to sabotage 1750 of Keneva's weapons of type Lookout Tower.
<tiger45> Your spies successfully enter Keneva's armory undetected, and destroy 1750 of the enemy's Lookout Tower stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.
<tiger45> Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 8 spies to attempt to sabotage 1750 of Keneva's weapons of type Lookout Tower.
<tiger45> Your spies successfully enter Keneva's armory undetected, and destroy 1750 of the enemy's Lookout Tower stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.
<BetaBot-> tiger45 has just sabbed Keneva successfully

<B00KemDAN0> Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 8 spies to attempt to sabotage 1700 of Keneva's weapons of type Lookout Tower.
<B00KemDAN0> Your spies successfully enter Keneva's armory undetected, and destroy 1700 of the enemy's Lookout Tower stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.
<BetaBot-> B00KemDAN0 has just sabbed Keneva successfully
<B00KemDAN0> Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 8 spies to attempt to sabotage 1700 of Keneva's weapons of type Lookout Tower.
<B00KemDAN0> Your spies successfully enter Keneva's armory undetected, and destroy 1700 of the enemy's Lookout Tower stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.
<B00KemDAN0> !sab
<BetaBot-> B00KemDAN0 has sabbed a total of: 1,700,000,000 gold
<B00KemDAN0> lol
<B00KemDAN0> !sabbed keneva
<BetaBot-> keneva has been sabbed for a total of: 12,935,500,000 gold

I had over 85,000 towers this morning... now I have Lookout Tower 77,000. This is in addition to the 10,000 I lost before I even knew the Beta had started and the random 5-10k others I lost since then. Say what you want about rankers and whining, but few people are going to want to build anything that can be taken down by a few sabbers.

Oh wait... another 3000 gone! Lookout Tower 74,100 60

[sarcasm] This is so much FUN! I can't wait to play next age this way! [/end sarcasm]

Strike Action 21,380,056,631 Ranked #1
Defensive Action 19,213,346,050 Ranked #1
Spy Rating 3,837,797,376 Ranked #1
Sentry Rating 4,609,945,600 Ranked #2

I had 5.3-5.4 billion sentry this morning; I had bought towers and trained down until I got #1 sentry. A few sabbers and almost a billion is gone. I've lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-30k lookout towers since the Beta began... and I had #1 or #2 sentry the whole time!!

Sure, it's "just Beta" - but who the heck is going to want to try to build anything large (and you want us building large accounts... all that clicking) when they can be taken down this easily?? It's just not logical. Call this rant "whining" if you want - but stop and think a minute... seriously. Why click and click (and I don't want unlimited clicking back) and build a really large account - just to open yourself to this kind of rapid destruction.

In an earlier thread, I asked the question if there should be an upper limit that could be sabbed - and I was taken to task for it. Even some of the people sabbing me - b00k and wargasm most notably - thought it was ridiculous how much they could sab from me. I hope the Admins take a look at this - and change things.

----------

NardHipples
3rd January 2008, 05:57 PM
with unlimited attacking and covert tools able to be sabbed no one will be able to hold any weapons whatsoever, so why the hell even worry about any other changes lol

btw the majority of active koc players are medium sized accounts, so changes should be made to cater to them, not cater to 5% of the players who may be top ranks or small pesky sabbers.

incomer
3rd January 2008, 06:22 PM
1) unlimited clicking as in age 7
2) keep unit production
3) make spy tools sabbable but not sentry tools and remove loss of spy tools on sabotage attempts (since sabbers build only on spy if this is implemented they have to build sentry to protect from spy tools being sabbed, it would force them to work for sentry)
4) bring back age 7 attack turn system and sabotage rules (11 recon/sab attempts per day on a user)
5) add a button on battlefield to search for users by alliance

IonStormer
3rd January 2008, 06:23 PM
btw the majority of active koc players are medium sized accounts, so changes should be made to cater to them, not cater to 5% of the players who may be top ranks or small pesky sabbers.

You would be singing a different tune if Henry was to play next age with those rules.

Pinturicchio
3rd January 2008, 06:25 PM
You would be singing a different tune if Henry was to play next age with those rules.

what the hell henry got to do with this?..
:drool:

NardHipples
3rd January 2008, 06:35 PM
what the hell henry got to do with this?..
:drool:
he got nothing to say about the suggestion so he moved on to something irrelevant.

bottom line is i would like to have at least 1 weapon next age(pretty please?). no point in clicking, no point in buying up, no point in banking, no point in race bonuses, because no one will have any fukin weapons if covert tools can be sabbed. even if spy tools can be sabbed, i still can't do shit but login and hope to bank my turn gold on sentry? lol sounds like fun.

HoMiCiD3
3rd January 2008, 06:40 PM
1) unlimited clicking as in age 7
2) keep unit production
3) make spy tools sabbable but not sentry tools and remove loss of spy tools on sabotage attempts (since sabbers build only on spy if this is implemented they have to build sentry to protect from spy tools being sabbed, it would force them to work for sentry)
4) bring back age 7 attack turn system and sabotage rules (11 recon/sab attempts per day on a user)
5) add a button on battlefield to search for users by alliance
screw the sabbable covert tools thats all that keeps some accounts going.
Unit Production is a must, there are alot of people that can't mass click.
Age 7 attack and sab system was awesome this age totally screwed that up.
Allow sorting of names in the battlefield by alliance, gold, name, rank, all of that stuff.
Wether it is Henry, Keneva or Nights Judgement or whoever the biggest clicker or the biggest chain is going to win so quit whining about that lol. The clicking how is now sucked at the start of the age but i think it is probably the fairest way to do it even if it is annoying.

Thomas

Borinqueneer
3rd January 2008, 07:59 PM
So what im hearing is that no one is going to have any weapons? So that means that any one can be number 1. Isnt that what everybody wanted? a shot at number one, if so the admin finnaly made the game so that anyone can get number one, staying there maybe the problem.

NardHipples
3rd January 2008, 08:18 PM
So what im hearing is that no one is going to have any weapons? So that means that any one can be number 1. Isnt that what everybody wanted? a shot at number one, if so the admin finnaly made the game so that anyone can get number one, staying there maybe the problem.
people want a shot at #1 as long as they can say without a doubt they earned it, not have it handed to them by dumb luck or retarded rules.

incomer
3rd January 2008, 08:40 PM
rules are dumb from the start. like sabbers are untouchable... and also the benifit you get from your officer, for every two click your officer gets, you get one soldier rule ... most who have big amount of officers doesnt even work at clicking, all they do is just sit there and watch while others work hard for it. if you remove that and see who gets at number one... the ones who work hard for it... they cant sit back if its removed

Scooter
3rd January 2008, 10:38 PM
I dont really like the idea of sabbable sentry. Its too easy to be sabbed, and once its gone, itll go even faster from all the other little accounts. Let alone how hard it is to build it. Sabbable spy is fine though...but i disagree that we shouldnt lose tools.

Making things more equal is smart...never found the reason why there were different strengths.

Less weapons..agreed, its annoying to scroll so much

Spy upgrade is a good idea...make it harder for those little crap accounts to get it unless they bank..even then its hard.

Unlimited clicking sounds good to me, just make us log in. With no UP, its very crucial.

Bah, we always need more attack mercs, its just logical.

Get rid of the unlimited attacks...that was just a beta fun thing, hopefully anyway. Put sab rules back to 11 tries, thatll cut back on the sentry sabbing if it is left in.

Good idea on the alliance board.

Ephrils
3rd January 2008, 11:34 PM
Spy Tools should be sabbable. No account should be untouchable.

Keep UP. It's more important than it looks.

Unlimited Attacks is fine, even if it only lasts during Beta. Was nice to be able to not have to wait a year to attack again. On that, the 15 Attack turns owns the 1 Attack turn setup.

More Attack Mercs

Better Search feature. Search for Alliance, Army Size, Rank, Race, etc.

Add something unique rather than tweak existing variables. New weapons, new races, and higher costing upgrades are nothing new or unique.

Blitz
4th January 2008, 12:25 AM
question? who's going to be stupid enough to build a large account next age, if it's going to be destroyed like this?

Or
i sabbed 3500 LT.
1800 and 1700.

tom

<B00KemDAN0> !sab
<B00KemDAN0> lol

I had over 85,000 towers this morning... now I have Lookout Tower 77,000. This is in addition to the 10,000 I lost before I even knew the Beta had started and the random 5-10k others I lost since then. Say what you want about rankers and whining, but few people are going to want to build anything that can be taken down by a few sabbers.

[sarcasm] This is so much FUN! I can't wait to play next age this way! [/end sarcasm]

I had 5.3-5.4 billion sentry this morning; I had bought towers and trained down until I got #1 sentry. A few sabbers and almost a billion is gone. I've lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-30k lookout towers since the Beta began... and I had #1 or #2 sentry the whole time!!

Sure, it's "just Beta" - but who the heck is going to want to try to build anything large (and you want us building large accounts... all that clicking) when they can be taken down this easily?? It's just not logical. Call this rant "whining" if you want - but stop and think a minute... seriously. Why click and click (and I don't want unlimited clicking back) and build a really large account - just to open yourself to this kind of rapid destruction.

In an earlier thread, I asked the question if there should be an upper limit that could be sabbed - and I was taken to task for it. Even some of the people sabbing me - b00k and wargasm most notably - thought it was ridiculous how much they could sab from me. I hope the Admins take a look at this - and change things.

----------I couldn't agree more.

Keep in mind, everyone, that if the big accounts can be torn down in a week under the "Age 9 beta rules" after being relatively safe for 3 months under the Age 8 rules, it means two things:

1) The big accounts will be screwed from the start next age
2) The middle-sized accounts will be ~50x easier to take down

the_last_dawn
4th January 2008, 12:31 AM
1. make tools sabbable cept LT's cause then whats the point of LT.
2. No unlimited turns - too easy for people who stay on all day like me:P
3. Keep UP. there will be no game without UP.

Lil_Wolfy
4th January 2008, 01:49 AM
Lol everyone has been asking for spy/sentry tools to be sabbable for ages, now you get it and you all start complaining xD

incomer
4th January 2008, 01:53 AM
if only spy tools are sabbable its all good, thats when sabbers starts complaining ... but I think that will balance between sabbers and others

Happiness is mandatory
4th January 2008, 01:58 AM
1) The big accounts will be screwed from the start next age
2) The middle-sized accounts will be ~50x easier to take down

My thoughts exactly.

even if spy tools can be sabbed, i still can't do shit but login and hope to bank my turn gold on sentry?

This touches on something that most people seem to forget. Spy has also use in looking for gold on battlefield, and it is supposed to allow us to fight back in case of war. As mid-ranking account, if my spy gets wiped out at the start of war, how am I supposed to fight back? With nasty PMs?
(agree with other stuff too)

Spy Tools should be sabbable. No account should be untouchable.

As you can gather from above, I strongly disagree with first sentence.

However, I do agree with second sentiment. Sabbing spy just isn't right way, in my opinion. It just makes having spy and sabbing even more important. Way to balance it would be to get massing more effective (and less pricey as it is now, in turn cost). That way there would at least be two different ways to fight.

Another thing that might make life easier to those that are irritated by those immune accounts would be to make sabbing in some way more difficult if you're immune. Even being forced to keep some vulnerable weapons to sab effectively would cause cost of rebuying occasionally.

the_last_dawn
4th January 2008, 01:59 AM
Lol everyone has been asking for spy/sentry tools to be sabbable for ages, now you get it and you all start complaining xD

i think it is because the game is still balanced for sabbers. it actually has become easier because sab clans can always sab someone no matter what. But not like the top ranks. Now what sabbing sentry tools has done for sabbers is that a couple of people work on sabbing sentry of someone than the whole sabbing clan gets onto it. and then the rankers cant retaliate because they obviously wont be sabbers and not much people in their clan want to get in much conflict. which is why i said that sentry shouldnt be sabbable so atleast something can stop sabbing.

meeker
4th January 2008, 05:05 AM
I really hope sentry wont be sabbable and spy will be, but i think it is more fair if both are sabbable. Just not with the percentages used in the beta. The reason people get sabbed a lot there is the unlimited turns, the fact that a lot of people converted to all spy. These things will not happen so much in the real age. For the big accounts it doenst matter much what gets sabbed from them(in the age 8 % that is) since they can replace it so sabbing sentry wont lower it enough for the rediculous beta sabs. For the semi big rank accounts a group of dedicated sabbers is needed to sab away the sentry enough for others to touch it, but the rank chains can fight back since the sab accounts usually dont have really big senty so the spy can get sabbed by a lot of people.

my suggestion: sab every weapon, with the age 8 %.

the_last_dawn
4th January 2008, 05:58 AM
my suggestion: sab every weapon, with the age 8 %.

I tried that percentage I havent been very succesful. Tried heaps of attempts on sabbing but not 1 succesful. its quite annoying really.

Soldier_Worst
4th January 2008, 06:34 AM
No account should be untouchable.

Keep UP. It's more important than it looks.

The first one is VERY true

The second one is very untrue :)
I'd say UP is less important than it looks!

INFERNO.
4th January 2008, 09:01 AM
I see everyone complaining about sabbers sabber and...sabbers ofc.

Well you dont need to do a change like making sabbable spy tools.

Just modify the 10k rule for sabbing and make 1k rule. that way you made the sabber to rank also...and by that become sabbable =)

also change the 0.1% and put a 1-5% for the total account value. If the guy has 100M spy then his other weapons wont be safe...wich mean he probably will go down the 1k range.

meeker
4th January 2008, 09:48 AM
5%, are you for real?? that means for sure all wars will last one day.

LordCounter
4th January 2008, 10:01 AM
\

There could be a possibility that there wont be a lot of people buying spy if you make spy tools sabbable, its a huge risk afterall.

I dont think its a good idea to focus on the untouchable accounts too much. If you try to fix that, its the medium sized accounts that get hurt the most.

Stormrag3
4th January 2008, 11:04 AM
Here I go *AGAINx3*

@Alliance affiliation
Worst Change KoC Admins ever made. But Why?
I'm playing KoC for years now, I never saw people whining about low profit hits. It just justifies Chain sabbings, what people usually don't like, claiming that Sabb has destroyed koc.
No profile's message.

@Sabotage
X weapons max is ridiculous. Have you people forgot What we have been through during Age 7?
So % as in Age 8.

@Unlimited clicking
Unlimited Clicking for everyone or for none. This just creates more chaos than before, It lets everyone win KoC. KoC is and always has been an alliance stuff. How to win KoC? Build up your alliance, lead and recruit as much people as you can. The easiest way is *click click click*. OK, if you are going to keep this rule, reduce the commander changes down to 2.
Unlimited clicking for everyone, or 5 links a day for everyone.

@More Merc.
What do you mean? I think that 25% is enough.
25% enough

@Sabing TOOLS
The great debate starts here...
I would say that Spy *MUST* be Sabbable, but Sentry *shouldn't*.
Originally Posted By Shane.

I guess everone didnt think about what side effects sabbing tools could have, And that (As proved in the beta), the tool lose created an reverse effect, Rankers are sabbing rankers, sabbers are sabbing sabbers, Beta is a sab feast, Even NJ and the top rankers are sabbing people for any or no reason

Admitly, Even i agree that the beta is insane, And that sabbing sentrys a bad idea, because in a war, Its a case of sab their sentry before their sab your spy... or sab their spy before their sab your spy
OK, No more sab turns? So, Bring the 11 Covert attempts back.
Many people above this post said that we should bring back the X max amount of weapons sabbed back. Oh my God, You gotta be Kidding, % makes casualties equal for everyone. Its your only chance to make a TR account cry.

@Attack Turn System
I totally agree with the new Attack Turn System, Actually you are receiving more turn than before. Probings are not longer useful, Even when you think about massing someone, you think it twice, because Its not worth it? 5 stealings VS few soldiers killed? *lol*
Age 8 attack turns system.

@KoC Races
20% Humans
40% Dwarves
40% Orcs
35 - 30% Elves/Undeads

*new* Second Skill Included: *example*
Dwarves: +5% Pillage Bonus
Elves: -5% Cheaper Reapairs.
Undeads: Cheaper Nunchakus
Humans: -5% Casualties
Orcs: Cheaper LookOutTowers

Equal race bonus +2nd bonus.

@Unit Production
I totally Agree with Age7's UP. 1256 / 2560 Just helps big fishes even more.
Age 7's UP
Cheers, SG3
If you are going to Rep me +-, Attach your name, Don't make it personal and just criticize my thoughts, not me.

tiger45
4th January 2008, 11:59 AM

Or
i sabbed 3500 LT.
1800 and 1700.

tom

<B00KemDAN0> !sab
<B00KemDAN0> lol

----------

Well , you still have most of your stats Keneva ..
After I sabbed you
I got hit for 6 hours straight by 5-6 players in PR/NL
My Spy went down from 2.9 Bill #4 to 700 mill #40
i can't sab you now
so you're safe
so who won?? You .
So , if you were able to have big sentry at the start , and if they keep that UP off , and 50 soldiers at each new officer ..
So think how much you will have a better start than everyone else in age 9 .. same for top ranks and those who have almost 200 officers +..
Just wanted to say .. If they want those attacks unlimited .. even against 1 person , then they should do the same for sabbing .. what would u think if U entered beta , and have NOTHING AT ALL , just like what happened with me , my spy is gone , although i still have some .. I don't have UP to hold nunchakus or bpms , or any kind of weapons ..
I think that age 8 rules weren't so much bad .. just take out the limits of attack turns .. and sab turns .. get back age 7 attack rules .. they were great .. you can hurt a sabber with 5*1 him and not like that :
2437 attacks total | page 1 of 82<-- i don't have even as much as Bon have .. he had last time like 115 pages ...

and what can we do instead .. sab them 2 times .. wow .. that hurts :drool: .. that nothing ..
so bring age 7 attack rules back .. age 8 sabb rules were great ( without turns) .. and good to add 10x times when the player isn't in the 0.1% range ..
I said age 8 sab rules because , with age 7 sab rules , max was 50 weapons , how would you hurt a top player with taking from him 50 IS aat ???
I don't think you can ..
That's what I think ..
and I don't have any offence at all in my post :)

Good luck to all in age 8 as there is 1 week left .
And have fun in beta :)

Borinqueneer
4th January 2008, 02:39 PM
This is getting ridicolus, i dont like hardcore sabbers becuase i think they have always have an advantage, but come on, you rankers all you do is whine. If the admin dont do nothing u get mad, if they do, u still whine, koc shouldnt become a game of the person with the biggest DA wins, when the changes where anounce you all talked though, now that you have expirence at first hand the results is back to whinning, stop with the crying and find a way to get around it or become a sabber that way you cant stop worrying about losing your DA, cause u will have none.

INFERNO.
4th January 2008, 02:52 PM
5%, are you for real?? that means for sure all wars will last one day.

It was just an example, not a suggestion. 5% is a lot, If ranked are crying now that you cant even touch them, I cant imagine what would they do if koc admins implement 5%..lol a mass suicide? =P

pamdora
4th January 2008, 07:23 PM
1. Either both covert tools are able to be sabbed or neither. They should not just disappear but be broken when reconning/sabbing or being reconned/sabbed, remove tools being lost when sabbing but if you fail kill off the spy/spies sent

2. either raise percent you are able to sab or go back to the 50 weapons cap

3. UP stays as it is in age 8

4. either keep clicking as it is now or make it unlimited for everyone regardless of IP as dynamic IP does make it unfair to those with static

5. keep mercs at 25% and still limit amt available. What's the point of having em available anytime you want them?

6. Go back to the way attack turns were in age 7, there is simply no gold on the field. In age 7 i could hold 40 mil plus, this age my rank is better and i am lucky to hold on to 9 mil. No fun in attacking anymore, just whining and complaining.

7. Keep all the weapons currently available regardless if it annoys some during recons, smaller accounts can't always stash gold in the bigger weapons

8. Keep covert upgrade as is, for the same reason listed above, smaller accounts should be able to reach level 10 eventually instead of making it impossible

7. Create a forum here especially for banned/suspended situations or make a entire new system to report such problems where it can be explained and actually addressed

Keneva
4th January 2008, 09:07 PM
Tiger, you were the only one of the sabbers we could effectively take down. The rest couldn't be massed down as you could; they had a lot more DA and definitely more coverts to hold their weapons. In a real age, knowing about these crazy beta rules in advance, you would have structured your account differently, I imagine, just as I would have. As I've been told more than once, it's the point of the Beta, to see what's possible. I have a huge account, so I got to be target practice for sabbers who wanted to rack up huge sab stats. You were the lucky one who was the one who could be retaliated against most effectively. You have no DA, and needed all your spies to hold weapons. Several people decided to used their attack turns for retaliation rather than for finding gold.... something we really haven't been able to do effectively in Age 8, btw. And just as I'm sure you all had a nice time sabbing 1700+ towers each success from me, some of our folks enjoyed the chance to see some massing have an effect for the first time in a long time - and one of the consequences of the unlimited turns was that they could attack you over and over and over again, not just five times.

I've said, and I still believe, that I like the way attack turns were handled in the past - let them build from zero, with no silly 100 limit. Limit people to five attacks on someone in a day. It took a lot of people to kill 20k of your spies, and dramatically lower your spy. It only took 4 sabbers on me. Granted, I trained down and bought a little of it back. Killing 25-30k towers off is a lot, even for an account like mine. I have 75k now - so it's effectively 20-30% of my sentry, depending on where you start the counting. A few more sabbers, and it would have dropped even lower. Despite what some say, it's not whining ;) just pointing out what happened, and how it could affect game play in the future if it continues this way.

And, truly... no offense, and none taken. :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Keneva
RIP Tambor_3. You are much loved and missed.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/FirePenguins/KenevaSig.jpg
Age 5 Final Stats: Rank 327 | Top 10 Sabber | SA 3bil, DA 2.8bil, Spy 1.5bil, Sentry 1.5bil
Age 6 Final Stats: Rank 71 | SA 3.4bil, DA 7.5bil, Spy 2bil, Sentry 4.7bil
Age 7 Final Stats: Rank 16 | SA 27.6bil, DA 23.95bil, Spy 12.2bil, Sentry 10.1bil

schwarze_ritter
4th January 2008, 09:25 PM
2. either raise percent you are able to sab or go back to the 50 weapons cap

The only way this works, however, is to make the 50 weapons a progressive limit. The problem with the 50 weapon limit was that is was 50 weapons of any kind, so one could buy 10,000 wargs and lose 50 at a time rather than 533 BPM and still lose 50.

To adjust this it should be some value x BPM, then y IS (a relative percent to x BPM's based on strength), and z dragons....on and on...

50 BPM = 600,000 (strength)
so
600,000/10,000 (strength of an IS) = 60
...600,000/640 = 937.5 ~ 938...

tiger45
4th January 2008, 11:41 PM
This is getting ridicolus, i dont like hardcore sabbers becuase i think they have always have an advantage, but come on, you rankers all you do is whine. If the admin dont do nothing u get mad, if they do, u still whine, koc shouldnt become a game of the person with the biggest DA wins, when the changes where anounce you all talked though, now that you have expirence at first hand the results is back to whinning, stop with the crying and find a way to get around it or become a sabber that way you cant stop worrying about losing your DA, cause u will have none.

Keneva said from the first post that this wasn't whining ..

Tiger, you were the only one of the sabbers we could effectively take down. The rest couldn't be massed down as you could; they had a lot more DA and definitely more coverts to hold their weapons. In a real age, knowing about these crazy beta rules in advance, you would have structured your account differently, I imagine, just as I would have. As I've been told more than once, it's the point of the Beta, to see what's possible. I have a huge account, so I got to be target practice for sabbers who wanted to rack up huge sab stats. You were the lucky one who was the one who could be retaliated against most effectively. You have no DA, and needed all your spies to hold weapons. Several people decided to used their attack turns for retaliation rather than for finding gold.... something we really haven't been able to do effectively in Age 8, btw. And just as I'm sure you all had a nice time sabbing 1700+ towers each success from me, some of our folks enjoyed the chance to see some massing have an effect for the first time in a long time - and one of the consequences of the unlimited turns was that they could attack you over and over and over again, not just five times.

I've said, and I still believe, that I like the way attack turns were handled in the past - let them build from zero, with no silly 100 limit. Limit people to five attacks on someone in a day. It took a lot of people to kill 20k of your spies, and dramatically lower your spy. It only took 4 sabbers on me. Granted, I trained down and bought a little of it back. Killing 25-30k towers off is a lot, even for an account like mine. I have 75k now - so it's effectively 20-30% of my sentry, depending on where you start the counting. A few more sabbers, and it would have dropped even lower. Despite what some say, it's not whining just pointing out what happened, and how it could affect game play in the future if it continues this way.

And, truly... no offense, and none taken.

I am not a really pro player , just joined age 7 , and still have some mistakes .. but as you see , I didn't have DA , because it's always being sabbed .. lol .. that's why I made it easier for myself to get massed , and because We didn't have UP , I took a sell from a friend ( 12 bill one ;) ) so I can sabb top accounts , and I wasn't able to buy anything else , because I wouldn't be able to hold them ..
Fair play from PR/NL , playing with the rules that admins put it .. and yeah .. I had like 20K more coverts than I need , but it's a huge number for someone who doesn't click like me , and just base on the UP ...
as you said attack me over and over and over .. lol .. it took them 6 hours of fun massing me lol ..
Just pointing as keneva said , the same for sabb rules , as for attack rules in beta are almost impossible to play next age from the scratch , I will try to start massing those big accounts from age 8 or just the alliance commander from each alliance , and don't make them rank or anything .. and If I saw that they had a good sentry , then I will boost some spy , take down their sentry , it will be in other sabbers range , and boom , ranker is dead , KoC will be dead , as no one will have anything .. just like what happened to me , and to ZeroIdea , and Anubis , and what might be happening to bear812 now ..
so please admins , make it bit more logical , and if this is just for test , as beta is there for .. please , keep something with us to test with ;) lol
If more changes will take place in beta to test , most of players won't be able to test them coz they already lost most of their stats .. having 5k+ bpms unheld is horrible :P

tiger45
BSS proud member .

Good luck to all :)

Carlos
5th January 2008, 04:01 AM

I've said, and I still believe, that I like the way attack turns were handled in the past - let them build from zero, with no silly 100 limit. Limit people to five attacks on someone in a day. It took a lot of people to kill 20k of your spies, and dramatically lower your spy. It only took 4 sabbers on me. Granted, I trained down and bought a little of it back. Killing 25-30k towers off is a lot, even for an account like mine. I have 75k now - so it's effectively 20-30% of my sentry, depending on where you start the counting. A few more sabbers, and it would have dropped even lower. Despite what some say, it's not whining ;) just pointing out what happened, and how it could affect game play in the future if it continues this way.

And, truly... no offense, and none taken. :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Keneva
RIP Tambor_3. You are much loved and missed.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/FirePenguins/KenevaSig.jpg
Age 5 Final Stats: Rank 327 | Top 10 Sabber | SA 3bil, DA 2.8bil, Spy 1.5bil, Sentry 1.5bil
Age 6 Final Stats: Rank 71 | SA 3.4bil, DA 7.5bil, Spy 2bil, Sentry 4.7bil
Age 7 Final Stats: Rank 16 | SA 27.6bil, DA 23.95bil, Spy 12.2bil, Sentry 10.1bil

why cant i be massed? :`(