PDA

View Full Version : Age 9 BETA

Pages : [1] 2

Santino_Corleone
29th December 2007, 06:48 PM
I don't think there's atopic about it yet: http://beta.kingsofchaos.com/

anyway, I tried to sab some sentrytools:

Covert Mission Report
Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 1 spies to attempt to sabotage 10 of purp1ekush's weapons of type Guard Dog.

Your spies successfully enter purp1ekush's armory undetected, and destroy 10 of the enemy's Guard Dog stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

I did a recon before the sabs and after the sabs and the sentrytools weren't in the intelfiles anymore, so the target loses them immediately or when someone tries a recon after that (that succeeds?)..

Didn't try a spy tool yet...

anyone else??

xAre
29th December 2007, 06:52 PM
From what I've heard same thing happens with spy tools.

This would make the gap between bigger accounts and others huge. O_o

You would have a group [~40 accounts, maybe less] who would just grow and grow, while the rest would just be devastated.

Stormrag3
29th December 2007, 06:58 PM
WTF

Percentage of a target's armory you can sabotage raised by 10x against players who were previously "untouchable".

10 people sabbing 1 person = GG Armory.

1% per 10 sab turns.

now it is...
10% per 10 sab turns.

Jankster
29th December 2007, 07:05 PM
The Jankster are not allowed to test again, HMM tested in Age 3 Beta, age 8 beta also, elver here!! so why are i`m not allowed to test again??
HMM:blackmage:

dn81
29th December 2007, 07:14 PM
Here goes my thoughts on as to 9 beta changes.

1.) I can understand sentry tools being sabbed but spy tools need not to be able to be sabbed cause we still lose them while being able to sab them, but you dont lose sentry tools anywhich way.

2.) Clicking needs to go back to the way it was cause no one who doesnt have a half decent chain can even think about having a rank account.

3.) Sab turns need to be done with. Youre making people be able to sab our tools so why are you going to limit us even further on a sepcecific ammount of times we can sab someone. You do not limit the rankers as to how many times they can buy a certain stat? the only limit is the ammount of gold they have on them.

4.) Turns need to go back to how they were. 1=15 turns doesnt help. Since when did this turn into a stricly ranking game? You will lose more players by handicaping the way others love to play this game.

All in all i say make recons count twords to how it was bring back rules from age3-4 when koc actually had a decent player database. Facts are facts look at how many more people played then in comparassion to now.

IRGRL
29th December 2007, 07:20 PM
if they are making our spy sabbable then do away with us losing tools when we sab

Dn is right with clicking, they tried ot make an even playing field with that and what happened, ur fucked if ur not in an alliance kissing ass and hoping for huge clicks from ur commander or a boost. So hence that one went wayward.

the turns are ridiculous, even for slayers which are slower to come by then even the sab turns. why limit the chaos in KOC?? in the last week 1k players left the game, yes im keeping track..

if the sabbing spy is kept
they do away with the turns on sab and attack, also i would like bpms to just vanish, if slayers are givng the opportunity to sel off and buy back only losing X amount in doing so, then id like the same advantage

there seems to be no grey area with KOC anymore , admins didnt do shit for so long they come back and the changes are so extreem they are shit as well..

GiantDave_WoC
29th December 2007, 07:28 PM
I think it's a good idea to be able to sab unsabbable players

and if I understand correctly you will ONLY be able to sab the people who have less than 200 BPM's worth 10times more

Also being able to hurt the spy ratings of people who have nothing else will make value more important rather than just spy

Santino_Corleone
29th December 2007, 07:30 PM
I'd sign for everything to be like age 3 and 4

pigsfoot
29th December 2007, 07:32 PM
Great change, if it actually happens?

Sab chains can now be destroyed, might make them think before sabbing just to make their sab totals look better, something that no one gives a shit about anyway lol, unless of course that becomes a new KoC stat which isn't a bad idea?

IRGRL
29th December 2007, 07:32 PM
yes dave fine, but then make it so u dont lose when u sab someone ur tools
its like a double blow, and the vanishing of weapons is shit...
then make SA weapons vanish as well..

amazes me how everyone is so disgruntled by sabbers in a war game..

dn81
29th December 2007, 07:34 PM

Sab chains can now be destroyed, might make them think before sabbing just to make their sab totals look better, something that no one gives a shit about anyway lol, unless of course that becomes a new KoC stat which isn't a bad idea?

easy for you to say rank #6 gg

snakeye
29th December 2007, 07:36 PM
If there's no limit to how many times you can attempt to sab someone, why is there a recon limit?

biglou250
29th December 2007, 07:37 PM
With less than two weeks left, I didn't expect a beta. Much less a beta with sabbable tools. If these rules stay true for next age, I would expect to see more conflicts resolved diplomatically. ;)

My testing of the changes.

Your spies successfully enter Strk's armory undetected, and destroy 14 of the enemy's Nunchaku stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

IRGRL
29th December 2007, 07:39 PM
With less than two weeks left, I didn't expect a beta. Much less a beta with sabbable tools. If these rules stay true for next age, I would expect to see more conflicts resolved diplomatically. ;)

My testing of the changes.

Your spies successfully enter Strk's armory undetected, and destroy 14 of the enemy's Nunchaku stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

i see it going from 200k in age 4, to 20k in age 8 to 2k in age 9

FTW

Scooter
29th December 2007, 07:40 PM
Blah..i dont like the whole sabbing spy tools so much. If that is the case, its whatever chain has the higher spy and acts quickest wins a war. Think about it, 2 wars are about to chain, if one starts chaining first and sabs away the entire other chains chucks, then how can that other chain fight back?

10x is a little much as well..maybe 5?

AND BRING BACK THE ABILITY TO 5X1 WITH MASS TURNS.

Not to toot my own horn..and ill prbly get in trouble for this...but, check out my thread (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=61353) and vote on the poll...easy representation of what people liked last age.

Lil_Wolfy
29th December 2007, 07:43 PM

Betcha you'll start crying when all your sentry disappears :)

IRGRL
29th December 2007, 07:45 PM
with that strategy it WILL be a rank game

shit at this rate, change the graphics, do away with sab and cal it ROT

pigsfoot
29th December 2007, 07:45 PM
easy for you to say rank #6 gg

When you get BSS sabbing you from day one for no apparent reason other than they can, then yes it's easy for me to say.

I really doubt BSS have bothered anyone other than the top 50 this Age, so maybe you need to actually be a TR before you can open your noob mouth and comment, but that will never happen will it, far too much hard work?

Betcha you'll start crying when all your sentry disappears :)

Dito your spy :)

Ibiza2007
29th December 2007, 07:49 PM
I'm sick of hearing about spy tools should not be sabbed. Half the people who bitch about it are probably sab accounts who r just scared that the game is not gonna go there way anymore. I think sabbers should be just as vulnerable to sabbing as Slayers and Rankers.

IRGRL
29th December 2007, 07:53 PM
well piggy then what ur saying is BSS sucks as if ur stil ranke din the top, and they are sabing u well...then they havnt done much damage this age to knock u out of the top ranks

this is what wil happen in this thread as it always does

rankers will bitch and cry about sabbers
slayers wil bitch and cry about sabbers
sabbers wil laugh as most of u were owned by us sabbers and yes we wil bitch about the sab shit

this age we were limited, its what u rankers wanted with the turns, and yet u stil bitched about the sabbers your not happy unless its a glitters and rainbow rank game for u all, bring back some chaos

and learn to play WAR games :)

dn81
29th December 2007, 07:53 PM
When you get BSS sabbing you from day one for no apparent reason other than they can, then yes it's easy for me to say.

I really doubt BSS have bothered anyone other than the top 50 this Age, so maybe you need to actually be a TR before you can open your noob mouth and comment, but that will never happen will it, far too much hard work?

lol my noob mouth? im sorry that i speak the truth and come with more knowledge about how this game works and you come with pointing and calling names?? nice one. maybe you should stop playing a war game and go play rot where you can only rank :)

Jankster
29th December 2007, 08:07 PM
Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 4 spies to attempt to sabotage 40 of lordroland's weapons of type Nunchaku.
Your spies successfully enter lordroland's armory undetected, and destroy 40 of the enemy's Nunchaku stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 3 spies to attempt to sabotage 30 of lordroland's weapons of type Nunchaku.
Your spies successfully enter lordroland's armory undetected, and destroy 30 of the enemy's Nunchaku stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

Stormrag3
29th December 2007, 08:07 PM
Viv is right...
If the Spy and Sentry tools are now sabb-ables, clicking should be unlimited, for everyone I'd say.

kavallier
29th December 2007, 08:11 PM
haha
attention sabbers, better watch your back ;)
And no need to get all rallied up for the current beta changes, seeing we still have to see wich of them will actually stick and wich of them are gone in the real age9 :P

Lil_Wolfy
29th December 2007, 08:12 PM
Actually Pigs i doubt it'll affect me in the slightest as i plan to quit for next age ^_^

pigsfoot
29th December 2007, 08:14 PM
well piggy then what ur saying is BSS sucks as if ur stil ranke din the top, and they are sabing u well...then they havnt done much damage this age to knock u out of the top ranks

this is what wil happen in this thread as it always does

rankers will bitch and cry about sabbers
slayers wil bitch and cry about sabbers
sabbers wil laugh as most of u were owned by us sabbers and yes we wil bitch about the sab shit

this age we were limited, its what u rankers wanted with the turns, and yet u stil bitched about the sabbers your not happy unless its a glitters and rainbow rank game for u all, bring back some chaos

and learn to play WAR games :)

Well B1tch, yes it's a war game, and I have been at war all Age, but not with yellow bellied sabbers, I've warred proper alliances, for good or bad reasons? but all wars have been good and fought well.

Sab only chains have appeared in the last 2-3 Ages and need to be eradicated from the game IMO, hopefully this new change will stick and that will happen, then KoC can start to prosper again without the scum infecting and killing the game?

*EDIT*

I can't beleive you gave me a warning for calling dn81 LMFAO

dn81
29th December 2007, 08:16 PM
Well B1tch, yes it's a war game, and I have been at war all Age, but not with yellow bellied sabbers, I've warred proper alliances, for good or bad reasons? but all wars have been good and fought well.

Sab only chains have appeared in the last 2-3 Ages and need to be eradicated from the game IMO, hopefully this new change will stick and that will happen, then KoC can start to prosper again without the scum infecting and killing the game?

lol Scum infected game? You obviously are that uneducated. Seeing as what DT had appeared in Age 3. Maybe you should lrn2count but anyways. Think what you want. You know what. Maybe i'll stick around even with all this jibberish they plan on doing to sabs just to be that annoying thorn in your side and "terrorize" your chain for fun IMO!

pigsfoot
29th December 2007, 08:23 PM
lol Scum infected game? You obviously are that uneducated. Seeing as what DT had appeared in Age 3. Maybe you should lrn2count but anyways. Think what you want. You know what. Maybe i'll stick around even with all this jibberish they plan on doing to sabs just to be that annoying thorn in your side and "terrorize" your chain for fun IMO!

You wont be the first or the last significantly below-normal global intellectual capacity person to do that ;)

@Lil_Wolfy, you running already?

IRGRL
29th December 2007, 08:28 PM

*EDIT*

I can't beleive you gave me a warning for calling dn81 LMFAO

piggy ur a very bitter gamer and no o ffense but i am a sabber and i have been sabbed by more people in age 7 then i care to recognise
i dont mind having the sab tools sabbable, but then do away with the turns and the the loss of weapons when ur sabbing someone

b1tch = vivlady

[13:44] <04Danny_Boy> * Now talking in #pwnage
[13:44] <04Danny_Boy> <adhy> ok
[13:44] <04Danny_Boy> <Hydrofluoric-> hey Danny_Boy
[13:44] <04Danny_Boy> <adhy> I'd talk to Stes a little
[13:44] <04Danny_Boy> <TheLoneSpirit-RF> No !
[13:44] <04Danny_Boy> <Danny_Boy> eh .. how we doin :P
[13:44] <04Danny_Boy> <adhy> about what we could do to prevent war
[13:44] <04Danny_Boy> <TheLoneSpirit-RF> Danny_Girl !
[13:44] <04Danny_Boy> <Danny_Boy> sup TLS
[13:44] <04Danny_Boy> <adhy> we've come up with an idea
[13:44] <04Danny_Boy> <adhy> teaming up to take out the bullies
[13:44] <04Danny_Boy> <adhy> essentially
[13:44] <04Danny_Boy> <Hydrofluoric-> yes
[13:44] <04Danny_Boy> <Danny_Boy> which bullies?
[13:44] <04Danny_Boy> <adhy> I've <3ed LaCN since before Age 3
[13:44] <04Danny_Boy> <adhy> and don't want to see war with them (again)
[13:44] <04Danny_Boy> <adhy> and you guys by extension
[13:44] <04Danny_Boy> <adhy> all of them
[13:44] <04Danny_Boy> <Danny_Boy> lol
[13:44] <04Danny_Boy> <adhy> that we have issues with
[13:44] <04Danny_Boy> <Hydrofluoric-> AC particularly
[13:44] <04Danny_Boy> <adhy> at the moment
[13:48] <04Danny_Boy> <Danny_Boy> the AC has some serious .. uhmm issues :)
[13:48] <04Danny_Boy> <Danny_Boy> all starts with leadership
[13:48] <04Danny_Boy> * TheLoneSpirit-RF knows that 1 or few have them chained LaCN
[13:48] <04Danny_Boy> * adhy sets mode: +v Danny_Boy
[13:48] <04Danny_Boy> <adhy> hold on, lacn leadership o nthe way
[13:48] <04Danny_Boy> <adhy> hopefully
[13:48] <04Danny_Boy> <Danny_Boy> who ya page?
[13:48] <04Danny_Boy> <adhy> whitewulf
[13:48] <04Danny_Boy> <Danny_Boy> WW might be the only one around
[13:48] <04Danny_Boy> <adhy> only one awake
[13:48] <04Danny_Boy> <Danny_Boy> lol
[13:48] <04Danny_Boy> * WhiteWulf has joined #pwnage
[13:48] <04Danny_Boy> <adhy> hey
[13:48] <04Danny_Boy> <Danny_Boy> sup WW
[13:48] <04Danny_Boy> <WhiteWulf> hey
[13:48] <04Danny_Boy> <sienna_smiles> ive sent message to cheezy
[13:49] <04Danny_Boy> <sienna_smiles> i haaaaaate vivlady
[13:49] <04Danny_Boy> <sienna_smiles> while they are still small we have to take them out
[13:49] <04Danny_Boy> <sienna_smiles> anyone that does that to people.. not playing the rules
[13:49] <04Danny_Boy> <sienna_smiles> "the war against terror"

now what pigy??

atti
29th December 2007, 08:31 PM
Hhmmm, I won't repeat this.

This thread is about age 9 beta, not about some personal grudge against someone, so please, if you're going to post, please stay on topic.

GiantDave_WoC
29th December 2007, 08:32 PM
still spy being sabbable is good makes you need to think more before sabbing. I remember the days when sabbing actually mattered and alliances had rules. Maybe this can come back :)

pigsfoot
29th December 2007, 08:37 PM
piggy ur a very bitter gamer and no o ffense but i am a sabber an dih ave been sabbed by more people in age 7 then i care to recognise
i dont mind having the sab tools sabbable, but then do away with the turns and the the loss of weapons when ur sabbing someone

b1tch = vivlady

I'm not bitter, I just don't like being sabbed for no reason (and I don't put AC in that category btw) once sab tools can be sabbed it will even out the playing field once and for all, wars will become real wars, I for one can't wait ;)

active
29th December 2007, 08:39 PM
sabbing spy tools is a good idea, why not be able to sab them? I agree with viv though, if they can be sabbed then we shouldnt lose them while trying to sab.

What i would really like to see is sab success upped. Maybe not like age 3 when you would almost never fail, but failing 10 sabs in a row on some one whos sentry is only 1/6 my spy? sheesh.

IRGRL
29th December 2007, 08:41 PM
idc if u put us in there or not..i dont play the game to impress anyone but for my own alliance...

like i said, rankers wanted the sabbers to be on a leash, so they begged rocco for turns, and got them, u all said u may be happy, but no u were not, when in fact i believe Bon started pwning most of the top ranks...

so u stil bitch and being they have implimented having sabbing tools *dissapear* then do away wit loss in sabbing someone, and dont make it so easy on the bpms

<3 age 5

pigsfoot
29th December 2007, 08:42 PM
@b1tch (vivlady) no idea why that last irc conversation had anything to do with me? please explain?

IRGRL
29th December 2007, 08:46 PM
u were boasting how u wer oh so sabbed blah blah, so i was saying u , me and alot others , ur convo was starting to sound like a one man protest

as u are nto a sabber and was sabbed soooooo much, i am a sabber and was sabbed sooo much

anyhow... back to topic

atti
29th December 2007, 08:47 PM
Ok, I'm closing this until you guys learn how to follow the topic.

IRGRL
29th December 2007, 08:51 PM
other was locked even if we were trying to keep it on track

so lets continue the discussion in changes

il carry over from before

sabbable weapons then do away with los of weapons in sabbing someone

do away with the turns

limit the sabs

December 29, 2007
Welcome to the Age 9 Beta! We'll be testing some changes for the next Age, and would really appreciate your feedback on the forums, IRC, or by email. Have fun!
Current changes:
Percentage of a target's armory you can sabotage raised by 10x against players who were previously "untouchable".
Spy and sentry tools are now sabbable. When sabbed, they are immediately removed.

active
29th December 2007, 08:54 PM
"sabbing spy tools is a good idea, why not be able to sab them? I agree with viv though, if they can be sabbed then we shouldnt lose them while trying to sab.

What i would really like to see is sab success upped. Maybe not like age 3 when you would almost never fail, but failing 10 sabs in a row on some one whos sentry is only 1/6 my spy? sheesh."

xAre
29th December 2007, 08:57 PM
Remove sabturns and nun loss.
Bring back old intel missions; i.e 11 missions total per day on an account, both recons and sabs. Failiures counted in.

Jankster
29th December 2007, 09:08 PM
Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 7 spies to attempt to sabotage 70 of xxxxx weapons of type Lookout Tower.
Your spies successfully enter xxxxx armory undetected, and destroy 70 of the enemy's Lookout Tower stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 5 spies to attempt to sabotage 50 of xxxx weapons of type Lookout Tower.
Your spies successfully enter xxxxx armory undetected, and destroy 50 of the enemy's Lookout Tower stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp

Aye its to much ViV easy to do, but no fairness at all. 2 attempts smack out 130 tools!! Its to many, I think that the game will die if age will bee that way, but okay we all just play super low TFF game, No SA or DA or Sentry, just spies all of us. hehe I will have 5 mens next age that way all with a Bpm to break IS with!!
Its to much!!

IRGRL
29th December 2007, 09:12 PM
yeah i can see that, were testing some things in my channel... seems there needs to be much more a limit
lol a few rankers could take out a sab chain, go figure lol

so adjust the amount and take it to like 11 x including recons

xAre
29th December 2007, 09:38 PM
lol a few rankers could take out a sab chain, go figure lol

Wasn't if you change places with 'ranker' and 'sab' in that sentence, wouldn't that pretty much describe previous ages?

And well, I think the admins are trying to prevent players leaving after getting massed by "I can sab you, you can't sab me cause I only have spy"-accounts.

chaser1
29th December 2007, 09:44 PM
3 hours ago UndeadAkbar 67,156,668 Gold stolen 0 0 13,383,080 126,686,919 details
3 hours ago UndeadAkbar 1,601,700,613 Gold stolen 0 0 14,041,452 89,427,188 details
4 hours ago UndeadAkbar 3,783,933,852 Gold stolen 0 0 20,295,307 113,647,051 details

and its easier to catch sells!

kavallier
29th December 2007, 09:50 PM
now that sab accounts can get hurt they want a cap on what can be sabbed lmao

IRGRL
29th December 2007, 09:50 PM
Wasn't if you change places with 'ranker' and 'sab' in that sentence, wouldn't that pretty much describe previous ages?

And well, I think the admins are trying to prevent players leaving after getting massed by "I can sab you, you can't sab me cause I only have spy"-accounts.

what top 100 account even do u know of Are that has left because of sabbers...please..

you all cop out to that excuse, maybe i wouldnt fight it so much if this were not a war game
and fine all you rankers need to feel justified, but the truth of the matter is, you wil not be happy until they do away with sabbing complelty
every time you ask for a change and the admins give it, and the sabbers find a way around it, you all bitch..
i had 4 people quit this age with my crap account... people quit because they dont know how to play agaisnt a sabber

if the impliment this new rule into the game so be it, but ...it seems the only things being changed are to benefit the rankers in the game

chaser1
29th December 2007, 09:52 PM
no matter what, rankers will outgrow war accounts. Face it.

By the way, when will our turn based gold and UP actually start coming in. Kinda depending on that to play...

pigsfoot
29th December 2007, 09:55 PM
what top 100 account even do u know of Are that has left because of sabbers...please..

you all cop out to that excuse, maybe i wouldnt fight it so much if this were not a war game
and fine all you rankers need to feel justified, but the truth of the matter is, you wil not be happy until they do away with sabbing complelty
every time you ask for a change and the admins give it, and the sabbers find a way around it, you all bitch..
i had 4 people quit this age with my crap account... people quit because they dont know how to play agaisnt a sabber

if the impliment this new rule into the game so be it, but ...it seems the only things being changed are to benefit the rankers in the game

Wrong, as I've said in many posts (all deleted) this will level the playing field, I expect this to be your last Age Vivian :P

IRGRL
29th December 2007, 09:56 PM
my name isnt vivian so please dont call me a such..only respected friends can call me by my name :)

i had quit this age, only came back asi was asked to by my alliance.. ive been playing about 7 weeks

maybe il stick around and rank :)

people are only reading half of my posts, typical men

i had said, if they impliment sabbing spy weapons, then make it s we dont lose weapons when we sab, u all dont lose SA when u attack
and having it gone without having to break well,,, like i said

it truelly wil end up with 2k players all ranking and banking more viciously then the other

active
29th December 2007, 09:59 PM
doh they took away attack turns

Lordroland
29th December 2007, 10:00 PM
December 29, 2007

Unlimited Chaos! Attack turns are now unlimited.

pigsfoot
29th December 2007, 10:00 PM
my name isnt vivian so please dont call me a such..only respected friends can call me by my name :)

i had quit this age, only came back asi was asked to by my alliance.. ive been playing about 7 weeks

maybe il stick around and rank :)

Lol, that would be interesting B1tch (if that's what you prefer?) you will get owned, and give up after a few weeks, as I say this will be your last Age :)

Ibiza2007
29th December 2007, 10:02 PM
SABBERS are not happy unless its a glitter and rainbow game for them and they can sab sab sab without any loses. Id call making sab tools sabbable a compromise between what its like now and taking out sabbing altogether which obviously isnt an option.

MFnBonsai
29th December 2007, 10:03 PM
damn pigsfoot.... hating on ol BSS when i was probably the only person in KoC helping you with sabbin fury and co....

i will remember that next time ;)

as to the loss of tools.... well you just handed the game back to the rank and top accounts in KoC.... as if they havent got a huge advantage over the smaller alliances already now its too friggin easy to kill a spy account....

670m spy when i went to bed last night....
610m spy when i woke up....

then....

[3:19pm] <~BSS-MFnBonsai> Nunchaku 4,160

Intercepted Intelligence Operations
Time Enemy Mission Type Number of Spies Spies Caught
8 minutes ago THOMAS-TDO Sabotage 1 1
9 minutes ago THOMAS-TDO Sabotage 1 0
13 minutes ago FlamingKnights Sabotage 1 0
14 minutes ago FlamingKnights Sabotage 1 1

[3:29pm] <~BSS-MFnBonsai> Nunchaku 4,120
[3:29pm] <~BSS-MFnBonsai> there goes 40 chucks

dn81
29th December 2007, 10:05 PM
Lol, that would be interesting B1tch (if that's what you prefer?) you will get owned, and give up after a few weeks, as I say this will be your last Age :)

*yawn* when will you lrn2stayontopic? i mean seriously isnt this an age 9 beta discussion not a I R PIGFOOTNUBCAKES look at me roar thread?? seriously pigfoot this just shows how much your input on any of this has no relevancy to the game since obviously you cant even post within simple guidelines. seems you have gotten a couple warnings already too. maybe you can go for the win and get your 5th for another staying off topic. to get back on topic i spammed you on beta but i sure took alot of your spy tools kthx ^^ i'll let you figure out what was taken :D

SABBERS are not happy unless its a glitter and rainbow game for them and they can sab sab sab without any loses. Id call making sab tools sabbable a compromise between what its like now and taking out sabbing altogether which obviously isnt an option.

obviously this shows how much of a sabber you are not. people want to be able to sab without dumb limits. they want every part of the game to be equal but its not. if you are a RANKTARD then thats when admins will listen. if not then you mean nothing. but look back at age 3-4 when sab chains were strong there were MORE of a player database then, then there is now. like i said before numbers dont lie.

pigsfoot
29th December 2007, 10:07 PM
damn pigsfoot.... hating on ol BSS when i was probably the only person in KoC helping you with sabbin fury and co....

i will remember that next time ;)

as to the loss of tools.... well you just handed the game back to the rank and top accounts in KoC.... as if they havent got a huge advantage over the smaller alliances already now its too friggin easy to kill a spy account....

then....

[3:19pm] <~BSS-MFnBonsai> Nunchaku 4,160

Intercepted Intelligence Operations
Time Enemy Mission Type Number of Spies Spies Caught
8 minutes ago THOMAS-TDO Sabotage 1 1
9 minutes ago THOMAS-TDO Sabotage 1 0
13 minutes ago FlamingKnights Sabotage 1 0
14 minutes ago FlamingKnights Sabotage 1 1

[3:29pm] <~BSS-MFnBonsai> Nunchaku 4,120
[3:29pm] <~BSS-MFnBonsai> there goes 40 chucks

It's not you Bon, it's the rest of your brain dead crew, but you know that ;)

IRGRL
29th December 2007, 10:10 PM
lol anyway pigs imnot here to argue with u, u are a disgruntled gammer who has been owned more times in KOc then a hooker on a 2 for 1 friday night

and as for sab, u al forget we have had loss,
age 7 i lose in total about a bil in DA and more so in SA
we lose when we sab and chain..
and if we have trained down to low TFf we have to farm to up and keep up our spy
so yes thereis los and for the 9th time i wil tel u

i didnt say it was unfair having sab sabbable im saying fine if that is so, then take away sabbing loss when ur sabbing someone, and put bakc on the cap , ie 11x

pigsfoot
29th December 2007, 10:13 PM
to get back on topic i spammed you on beta but i sure took alot of your spy tools kthx ^^ i'll let you figure out what was taken :D

Are you serious? you couldn't take the dingles from my arse, you really are confused, this is KoC BTW not Runescape

active
29th December 2007, 10:15 PM
I dont think sabbing spy tools is that big of a deal. I remember before there were spy tools. I still pulled a decent spy rating then and sabbed plenty.

pigsfoot
29th December 2007, 10:15 PM
lol anyway pigs imnot here to argue with u, u are a disgruntled gammer who has been owned more times in KOc then a hooker on a 2 for 1 friday night

I've never been owned once on KoC, that I'm sure about, not sure you can say the same lol

dn81
29th December 2007, 10:18 PM
I've never been owned once on KoC, that I'm sure about, not sure you can say the same lol

i beg to differ there piggy boy. wow i hate mini modding but dude seriously go take your love for people elsewhere. obviously it doesnt belong here. get out of our thread cause your posts are not on topic nor helping this discussion kthxbaibai now.

IRGRL
29th December 2007, 10:18 PM
mods can u shut him up now..so the rest of us can discus the sab shit and he can stop making this his personal quest for bitching about the done wrongs of piggy....

/me blows his house down

Vengeful_Assasin
29th December 2007, 10:22 PM
If this rule continues we won't be seeing accounts higher than 1M TFF.

2 seconds ago Nespia 0 Gold stolen 1 1 6,712,175 27,983,714 details
11 seconds ago Nespia 0 Gold stolen 2 2 5,907,029 26,183,930 details
19 seconds ago Nespia 2 Gold stolen 2 2 6,258,843 21,750,711 details
27 seconds ago Nespia 2 Gold stolen 2 4 6,497,541 18,132,582 details
36 seconds ago Nespia 3 Gold stolen 1 0 5,919,552 33,599,995 details
55 seconds ago Nespia 3 Gold stolen 2 2 5,807,487 20,928,314 details
1 minute ago Nespia 7 Gold stolen 1 1 6,507,475 31,848,308 details
1 minute ago Nespia 13 Gold stolen 1 1 5,231,506 26,391,464 details
2 minutes ago Nespia 22 Gold stolen 1 1 6,280,666 30,136,300 details
2 minutes ago Nespia 34 Gold stolen 0 0 6,979,534 31,154,499 details
2 minutes ago Nespia 41 Gold stolen 2 3 5,587,932 16,554,942 details
2 minutes ago Nespia 102 Gold stolen 2 2 6,059,313 25,756,245 details
2 minutes ago Nespia 170 Gold stolen 2 2 5,363,810 16,564,919 details
3 minutes ago Nespia 204 Gold stolen 2 2 5,952,192 34,108,063 details
3 minutes ago Nespia 572 Gold stolen 0 0 6,183,334 17,556,939 details
5 minutes ago Nespia 983 Gold stolen 0 0 6,533,334 17,576,081 details
5 minutes ago Nespia 1,759 Gold stolen 0 0 6,416,667 16,381,787 details
5 minutes ago Nespia 2,273 Gold stolen 0 0 7,350,000 16,399,650 details
5 minutes ago Nespia 6,079 Gold stolen 0 0 5,483,334 17,025,585 details
5 minutes ago Nespia 7,216 Gold stolen 0 0 6,533,334 21,281,981 details
6 minutes ago Nespia 12,155 Gold stolen 0 0 5,950,000 21,913,911 details
6 minutes ago Nespia 35,826 Gold stolen 0 0 5,716,667 17,081,362 details
7 minutes ago Nespia 73,535 Gold stolen 0 0 6,066,667 18,321,417 details
7 minutes ago Nespia 156,055 Gold stolen 0 0 7,000,000 21,985,700 details
7 minutes ago Nespia 358,406 Gold stolen 0 0 5,833,334 17,118,630 details
8 minutes ago Nespia 378,251 Gold stolen 0 0 5,483,334 15,629,704 details
8 minutes ago Nespia 402,279 Gold stolen 0 0 5,716,667 13,826,277 details
8 minutes ago Nespia 0 Gold stolen 0 0 6,650,000 25,877,308 details
8 minutes ago Nespia 0 Gold stolen 0 0 6,183,334 24,071,915 details
8 minutes ago Nespia 0 Gold stolen 0 0 6,183,334 18,073,629 details
51 attacks total | page 1 of 2

did 51 attacks on one person and still on going....I think there is no limit. Imagine if an alliance like JD or PR mass you everyday with unlimited attacks. They can easily bring down the TFF of NJ and Keneva to thousands in just a few days. This I got to see next age...

pigsfoot
29th December 2007, 10:22 PM
mods can u shut him up now..so the rest of us can discus the sab shit and he can stop making this his personal quest for bitching about the done wrongs of piggy....

/me blows his house down

I'm out of here, you will see more of me next Age if you pussies play, which I doubt lol (too busy with real life and shit all of a sudden?)

dn81
29th December 2007, 10:24 PM
I'm out of here, you will see more of me next Age if you pussies play, which I doubt lol (too busy with real life and shit all of a sudden?)

yup but not busy enough to make sure you get loving on a daily basis buddy boy :)

Vengeful_Assasin
29th December 2007, 10:29 PM

lol they still love you because they did not attack you all day long :drool:

admins remove the 5 times attack per day

pigsfoot
29th December 2007, 10:31 PM
yup but not busy enough to make sure you get loving on a daily basis buddy boy :)

Oh now I'm really scared :jawdroppe I'm not playing next Age now, your threats are too much for me :(

Iain
29th December 2007, 10:34 PM
:P Thanks Vengeful
I lost 1000 men during that test. If you ddid that to NJ, Keneva, any of those with high TFF, or large spy amounts, you would be reduced to nothing in a matter of hours
Enough people doing it at once, and continucally doing it, is just ridiculous.

The new rules are a double blade to sabbers AND rankers. Noone is getting into this without losin something.

EDIT: I hopethis is just a beta test, otherwise this is going to be like clicking was age7. A handful of people clicking every second of everyday.

xAre
29th December 2007, 10:34 PM
If this rule continues we won't be seeing accounts higher than 1M TFF.

did 51 attacks on one person and still on going....I think there is no limit. Imagine if an alliance like JD or PR mass you everyday with unlimited attacks. They can easily bring down the TFF of NJ and Keneva to thousands in just a few days. This I got to see next age...

I have a "slight" feeling thats only a beta rule so you all can test stuff :p

IRGRL
29th December 2007, 10:36 PM
are dont be so sure...
when u dont play your own game semi active u cant know
i say leave the attack...and il be as destructive with my new slayer account as i can <3

xAre
29th December 2007, 10:41 PM
are dont be so sure...
when u dont play your own game semi active u cant know
i say leave the attack...and il be as destructive with my new slayer account as i can <3

If the admins keep this feature, unlimited turns and unlimited attacks on a person per day, then I really want to have some of what they are smoking :)

If you ddid that to NJ, Keneva, any of those with high TFF

Not if they have played their cards right. Their DA men would die, true, but their TBG would be pretty intact :p

kavallier
29th December 2007, 11:04 PM
no need to get all winded up about these changes seeing it's very unlikely they will all stick so come on ppl it's only beta...
live a little ;)

zeshan
29th December 2007, 11:19 PM
The unlimited attack turns wont certainly be carried over to next age.
They should bring it back to maybe same as it was in age 8 or maybe back to age 7

Sabbing being kept the way it is, is definitely a possibility. Maybe another few wanker ranker cried to the admins, clearly maybe even after limiting war and sabbing so much in age 8 they thought it is still not eneough.
So they said ok lets go and make things where in a war you will immediately destroy the nuns and then there will be no war only farming.

Time to look for a new game perhaps.
Any bet as to what the total players will be in age 9?

incomer
29th December 2007, 11:29 PM
I think spy/sentry tools sabbable is a good change. but remove the loss of spy tools on sabotage attemps, and attack unlimited seems a good change but limite the number of times a player can attack on the same player a day like 5 times a day as in previous ages. and for those who complain about spy tools sabbable ... its not only spy... it is as well sentry so :) its fair enough. well most sabbers build up on spy alone and keeps on sabbing and laughing at what others loose which they work so hard for it to build up, so its fair enough changes so far .. .for me unless the change in attack limit per day

zeshan
29th December 2007, 11:38 PM
@incomer - If you keep unlimited turns but only 5 times a day for player, yet it is ineffective. There is hardly any gold on the BF with current 100 limit even with high TFF accounts. Imagine if there were to be unlimited turns, then we will be attacking for wht 100k gold or even less coz there will be no gold coz people will be attacking everyone like crazy.

And imagine this, in a situation of war.

We will have the shortest wars possible,
the first thing both sides wil do is sab spy tools and when there are no spy tools left, then wht will they fight with?
all will be left to do will be farm each other which will be impossible coz DA will be intact and coz of unllimited turns there wil be no gold anyways.

AS far as i can see- another attempt to make the game less war and more rank.
less chaos. i dunno wht admins want with the game. better change name to KINGS OF RANKING, for those who cant stand a war

active
29th December 2007, 11:51 PM
[QUOTE=zeshan;106637

the first thing both sides wil do is sab spy tools and when there are no spy tools left, then wht will they fight with?[/QUOTE]

you know there hasnt always been spy tools.. We got by just fine sabbing then, i think we can do it again.

zeshan
29th December 2007, 11:56 PM
sabbing without sab tools?
well you might train a lot into spy to get your spy up. but not many have eneough TFF to train that high to get spy up.

wht will they sab then? they might have spy of say 10 mil or so. with tthat they will sab wht people with 30 mil sentry.
so it will mean top rankers will be apparantlly untouchables

incomer
30th December 2007, 12:09 AM
well zeshan you think about only thing.. that is sabbing ... think about both ways like now ... sabbers sabb hell out of those players with DA... and yet no complain about it just get alongs with it, what all those sabbers has is spy tools and nothing else... and there is no way another can do the damage to a sabber and most are talking about losing their spy tool while attempting to sab what about the loss of the other player? like you sab his/her 50 or more weapons while you loose about 5 or 6 spy tool ... so its fair enough .. think about it zeshan and about attacks ... what was it like in age 7 ... I think there were pretty much nice amount of golds on the battlefield while most have 1000+ attack turns so its not a loss at all I believe

INFERNO.
30th December 2007, 12:13 AM
reset this joke and put again Age 7 at least.

zeshan
30th December 2007, 12:18 AM
Well incomer i never complained about the age 7 turn system. i think it was best and should be brought back.
Atleast that way you can have effective slaying. with age 8 turns all people do is attack nonsensly.
and with unlimited turns people will definitely go berserk. there wont be no gold left.

About the sabbing, well definitely pure sabbers(those with only sab tools) had to be hurt someway, they even annoy me. But the current sab system is not the way to do it.
reason is pretty simple. just imagine a war. wht will people sab frst? spy tools ofcourse and after sometime there wont be any spy tools left and in effect no war.
So wht fun will be left

jog1
30th December 2007, 12:23 AM
oh well, bs not playing with those rules.

thanks admins for making me stop playing this game, it's been too long even though I never played it hard.

Ibiza2007
30th December 2007, 12:25 AM
Well despite what everyone thinks I think the new system is perfect and I dont care what you say cos thats my opinion and Im sticking to it and neither do I care for argumentative idiots who just come in here and make an arse of themselves.

Coding takes a lot of planning and hard work. I don't think you people understand what lengths the admins go to program in all the stuff you want. All the planning, hours of endless coding etc thats involved. If I were them and I spent all that time trying to make things right Id be really hurt by some of the comments you people make.

Don't forget, they don't owe you nothing. They make this game for you and let you play it, all for free, yet you've got the cheek to be so nasty and call them just because the game isnt perfect.

If I were a KOC admin, I certainly would have given it up long ago because of the way you people react if I decided to make something just a little bit better.

And, lastly, how can you knock the ages before you've even tried them?

Blunt-
30th December 2007, 12:34 AM
(why can't i see past page 7?)

speaking of 7... i agree with flexadeth, lets play age 7 again.

i don't know about all your fears, but i was talking to CWC and he claims that it would level the playing feild, and allow more people the chance of getting a high rank, which he liked the idea of.

and honestly, a war where the sabber can't lose anything is pointless, but that's remediable by 5x1, which can seriously weaken large sab accounts and undermine TBG for sabbers who used to use that stuff (age 7)

this new crap is boring, and it seems like the changes will make it more boring. i can see people banking to palace playing as dwarves
getting only SA as orcs and upgrading it like crazy.
sentry whore undead with big tbg+tff
and humans with their typical ranking crap.
but elves will still be useful with the changes.
because either unlimited turns will be meet with more lax attack standards and people will finally get their heads out their butts about what "decent" gold is. (it's all relative to the standards fools!)
or there will be wars breaking out from the get go, but they will be short once everyone is destroyed, i'm thinkin a month might be a particulaily long war.

it's an interesting concept, and i'm not too afraid of change. i'm just concerned that the game will become even more dull than it already is....

active
30th December 2007, 12:43 AM
unlimited attack turns will also result in much more attacking with out recon. just pump up a slayer account and go down a page attacking.

but im pretty sure this is just something to make the beta enjoyable

Shane-
30th December 2007, 12:43 AM
(why can't i see past page 7?)

Uh eh, Gua bug i think

Anywhhohhhh, Age 9 Beta

[01:50] <+Sex_God> Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 5 spies to attempt to sabotage 1300 of Nights_Judgement's weapons of type Lookout Tower.
<+Sex_God> Your spies successfully enter Nights_Judgement's armory undetected, and destroy 1300 of the enemy's Lookout Tower stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

[7:10:am] <~Shane> Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 6 spies to attempt to sabotage 1700 of Keneva's weapons of type Lookout Tower.
[7:10:am] <~Shane> Your spies successfully enter Keneva's armory undetected, and destroy 1700 of the enemy's Lookout Tower stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

[7:12:am] <~Shane> Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 4 spies to attempt to sabotage 850 of Hundar-RF's weapons of type Lookout Tower.
[7:12:am] <~Shane> Your spies successfully enter Hundar-RF's armory undetected, and destroy 850 of the enemy's Lookout Tower stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

[7:20:am] <~Shane> Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 2 spies to attempt to sabotage 400 of streak's weapons of type Lookout Tower.
[7:20:am] <~Shane> Your spies successfully enter streak's armory undetected, and destroy 400 of the enemy's Lookout Tower stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

Rankers are just as screwed as the sabbers here...

If you can remove a rankers sentry, Then smaller members can remove the defence

The admins have screwed the this game if there keep the beta changes, and put them into a live age, As... Everone exsept a few accounts will have nothing

Sabbers will whipe out rankers, Rankers will whipe out sabbers, Slayers will be whiped out by rankers and sabbers

eh, Well, This looks like possible end for koc, Nobody will be willing to play a game where everyone and everone can be whiped out

Shane

Ibiza2007
30th December 2007, 12:53 AM
The admins have screwed the this game if there keep the beta changes, and put them into a live age, As... Everone exsept a few accounts will have nothing

Sabbers will whipe out rankers, Rankers will whipe out sabbers, Slayers will be whiped out by rankers and sabbers

eh, Well, This looks like possible end for koc, Nobody will be willing to play a game where everyone and everone can be whiped out

Seem like everyone can predict exactly whats gonna happen. Why not kill the Beta version, theres no point in testing if everyone can just predict whatll happen and it will be so.

By the way Iam being sarcastic.

The whole point in a Beta version is to TRY OUT and SEE if the ideas would work so theres no point slagging off any changes at the very start just cos you dont like the sound of it.

Thats like saying noo I wont jump into that swimming pool it looks cooold. Hey you never know it might be heated :)

Custos
30th December 2007, 12:55 AM
Here goes my thoughts on as to 9 beta changes.

1.) I can understand sentry tools being sabbed but spy tools need not to be able to be sabbed cause we still lose them while being able to sab them, but you dont lose sentry tools anywhich way.

2.) Clicking needs to go back to the way it was cause no one who doesnt have a half decent chain can even think about having a rank account.

3.) Sab turns need to be done with. Youre making people be able to sab our tools so why are you going to limit us even further on a sepcecific ammount of times we can sab someone. You do not limit the rankers as to how many times they can buy a certain stat? the only limit is the ammount of gold they have on them.

4.) Turns need to go back to how they were. 1=15 turns doesnt help. Since when did this turn into a stricly ranking game? You will lose more players by handicaping the way others love to play this game.

All in all i say make recons count twords to how it was bring back rules from age3-4 when koc actually had a decent player database. Facts are facts look at how many more people played then in comparassion to now.

DN is right 100% this is wot we were all thinking but to add to this i would like to say:

* ensure that the sabbing is based on strength of weapons
* y sab sentry tools when it costs so much and it already is worthless
* GET RID OF THESE ANNOYING SAB TURNS

incomer
30th December 2007, 01:49 AM
I have a better idea, why not keep sentry tools unsabbable... so those sabbers have to build up sentry as well to prevent from spy tools being sabbed... other than playing only for spy as if now, well its mostly sabbers concerend when it comes to spy tools sabbable ... what about those who play for rank and others destroy rankers weapons using sabbers who cannot be touched, besides spy tools wont be sabbed that much if admins put back the old sab system 11 times a day ... lol

joly
30th December 2007, 02:37 AM

So, instead of 0.1 it becomes 1% of total weapon value?

My guess is the main will go Undead from the start (better protection and a lot less losses when being massattacked, buying only sentry, and let the sabbers build some spy to ruin the ones that try to sab away main's sentry. Maybe Lordstriker will return now, have like 2000 officers from the start who click and immediate he will be untouchable. The horror :shakes:

Even chaos needs some rules, or there will be nothing left to ruin.

DoubleThink
30th December 2007, 02:43 AM
2 seconds ago count_moe 21,687 Gold stolen 5 0 221,758 7,522,075 details
6 seconds ago count_moe 45,049 Gold stolen 2 0 224,409 8,000,048 details
10 seconds ago count_moe 58,052 Gold stolen 8 1 237,778 7,996,940 details
15 seconds ago count_moe 67,402 Gold stolen 5 0 238,306 9,841,078 details
19 seconds ago count_moe 107,440 Gold stolen 3 0 198,770 8,360,149 details
22 seconds ago count_moe 141,560 Gold stolen 7 0 216,897 9,128,324 details
26 seconds ago count_moe 173,397 Gold stolen 9 1 224,956 8,545,237 details
30 seconds ago count_moe 160,909 Gold stolen 8 0 201,405 7,786,695 details
34 seconds ago count_moe 348,014 Gold stolen 4 0 198,739 7,794,646 details
38 seconds ago count_moe 494,105 Gold stolen 6 0 234,246 9,361,491 details
41 seconds ago count_moe 693,228 Gold stolen 6 0 214,318 8,438,053 details
45 seconds ago count_moe 764,629 Gold stolen 4 0 218,063 7,820,441 details
51 seconds ago count_moe 851,417 Gold stolen 7 0 219,475 7,704,944 details

That's all me....

CHAOS BABY!!!

Habsfan
30th December 2007, 02:44 AM
Thoughts:

1 - Spy tools should be on the line. Spy turns should not be around, nor should tool loss on sab attempts.

2 - 11 attempts a day with recons and sabs, everyone liked the not 100% chance of success, brings a little excitement back to sabbing.

3 - Masses always sucked, everyone knows that it took billions of gold to kill 20k spies on an account with 50k spies, it just was never worth it.

4 - People won't start chaining for the heck of it, they will actually show some restraint - people will stop farming, miraculously, more gold will be on the battlefield. DN81 you and your buddies started chainsabbing, it's time it was curbed. In Age 3 and 4 chainsabbing was a coward's move, and I still believe it is - unfortunately it's the only way to work now, as everyone's gotten so used to it. Chaining is only a 'fair move' in war.

5 - Allow the chance to take .5% of an armory per attempt, odds are two or three get in, but there is a possibility for 0.

6 - Sentry should not be sabbable, it just doesn't make sense - makes everyone too vulnerable.

7 - Change the attack turn cap to 500

8 - Keep clicking at 5 times a day, logged in - this stops people like Henry, and promotes alliances - which is the only worthwhile thing this game has to offer. No one sticks around for KoC's great gameplay, but they stick around for the alliances.

9 - Weapons shouldn't 'disappear', allow spy tools to be sold and bought back.

Not terrible changes, just need to be tweaked.

Everyone knows age 5-7 was crap. Age 8 is interesting, not perfect, plus the changes make this a game about chaos.

Cybah
30th December 2007, 02:57 AM
2 seconds ago Shadow_Fire1313 0 Gold stolen 20 0 27,822 5,844,657 details
21 seconds ago Shadow_Fire1313 0 Gold stolen 28 0 16,226 4,119,275 details
29 seconds ago Shadow_Fire1313 0 Gold stolen 20 0 22,320 4,329,267 details
34 seconds ago Shadow_Fire1313 3 Gold stolen 31 0 21,888 5,299,701 details
40 seconds ago Shadow_Fire1313 559 Gold stolen 34 0 24,149 4,523,675 details
45 seconds ago Shadow_Fire1313 918 Gold stolen 26 0 18,326 4,634,863 details
50 seconds ago Shadow_Fire1313 6,897 Gold stolen 27 0 22,894 5,126,559 details
55 seconds ago Shadow_Fire1313 17,139 Gold stolen 38 0 26,413 4,745,900 details
1 minute ago Shadow_Fire1313 126,095 Gold stolen 39 0 24,762 5,926,634 details
1 minute ago Shadow_Fire1313 383,552 Gold stolen 28 0 22,127 5,355,006 details
12 minutes ago nicklaren 586,826 Gold stolen 14 0 3,731,785 4,970,499 details

unlimited massing:)

RMFz-
30th December 2007, 04:23 AM
Age 6 was the best, what the feck are you talking about habsfan.

vanit4s
30th December 2007, 04:43 AM
sabbing sentry is a joke

1 sabber visited me , i see 5 failures and i am missing 455 towers , so i lost 227.5 M gold in a few seconds; so you only need a few big sabbers to take sentry away first and then afterwards everyone can sab you. now everyones account can be ruined in no time...

Jankster
30th December 2007, 04:52 AM
Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 4 spies to attempt to sabotage 40 of Sabato's weapons of type Nunchaku.
Your spies successfully enter Sabato's armory undetected, and destroy 40 of the enemy's Nunchaku stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 4 spies to attempt to sabotage 40 of Sabato's weapons of type Nunchaku.
Your spies successfully enter Sabato's armory undetected, and destroy 40 of the enemy's Nunchaku stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 3 spies to attempt to sabotage 30 of MrBlom's weapons of type Invisibility Shield.
Your spies successfully enter MrBlom's armory undetected, and destroy 30 of the enemy's Invisibility Shield stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 3 spies to attempt to sabotage 30 of MrBlom's weapons of type Invisibility Shield.
Your spies successfully enter MrBlom's armory undetected, and destroy 30 of the enemy's Invisibility Shield stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 3 spies to attempt to sabotage 30 of The_Gallows's weapons of type Nunchaku.
Your spies successfully enter The_Gallows's armory undetected, and destroy 30 of the enemy's Nunchaku stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 3 spies to attempt to sabotage 30 of The_Gallows's weapons of type Nunchaku.
Your spies successfully enter The_Gallows's armory undetected, and destroy 30 of the enemy's Nunchaku stockpile. Your spies all return safely to

Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 4 spies to attempt to sabotage 40 of RobinMKII-AL2's weapons of type Lookout Tower.
Your spies successfully enter RobinMKII-AL2's armory undetected, and destroy 40 of the enemy's Lookout Tower stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 4 spies to attempt to sabotage 40 of RobinMKII-AL2's weapons of type Lookout Tower.
Your spies successfully enter RobinMKII-AL2's armory undetected, and destroy 40 of the enemy's Lookout Tower stockpile. Your spies all return safely to your camp.

Still I think its to much, but fun I have, sry for calling anyone a Vivian when they not are.

The small chains like mine would suffer from it badly, very badly, really many will lose interest of the game and go else where.
Only way to play would be super-super low TFF: HMM how about TFF 10?

Plz admins this will not function!

Winger02
30th December 2007, 05:53 AM
Think most ppl are a bit overreacting.

We've opened up the Age 9 Kings of Chaos Beta! If you have a Kings of Chaos account, then you have an account in the Beta all ready for you to play - just log in with the same user info you use for Age 8.

The stats from today were copied over to create the accounts in the Beta so we can test changes in a mid-Age environment. Currently we're testing changes to the percent of an enemy's armory you can sabotage, and experimenting with sabbable spy tools. Stay tuned for more updates!

The koc message obviously states that they're still testing on what the %s should be like. They'll never allow ppl getting emptied in 1 day. Let's just wait & see how they'll change the beta in the next 2 weeks.

Sixix
30th December 2007, 06:52 AM
Think most ppl are a bit overreacting.

We've opened up the Age 9 Kings of Chaos Beta! If you have a Kings of Chaos account, then you have an account in the Beta all ready for you to play - just log in with the same user info you use for Age 8.

The stats from today were copied over to create the accounts in the Beta so we can test changes in a mid-Age environment. Currently we're testing changes to the percent of an enemy's armory you can sabotage, and experimenting with sabbable spy tools. Stay tuned for more updates!

The koc message obviously states that they're still testing on what the %s should be like. They'll never allow ppl getting emptied in 1 day. Let's just wait & see how they'll change the beta in the next 2 weeks.yeah i bet the koc admins were the only ones surprised by the sudden ending of age 8. now they have 2 weeks to randomise the formulas for age 9 :)

...hopefully they invest more than 5 minutes :drool:

zeshan
30th December 2007, 06:52 AM
well bit off topic but.

RF Hundar-RF 77,440 Dwarves ??? Gold 3

lolz he trained down like from above mil tff to below 100k tff :O

Must have trained into sentry is guess to be able to protect himself or maybe to slay a bit?
anyone have any idea? wouldnt be so difficult now to kill his sentries and spies

Pinturicchio
30th December 2007, 07:06 AM
well, they did it again.. fucked up koc even more.. it's amazing how they keep on doing it..
the new sab thing.. ehrrww.. do they not realize what will happen with this?
there will be many accounts with 0 <- 0 weapons.. no sa, no da, no spy and no sentry.. will this make more people play this game?.. I doubt it..

the gap between midranks (who will be more or less none existant due to sab downs) and top rank will be massive.. I saw Remco say in #kingsofchaos that these changes will shorten the gap between top rank and mid rank players.. :drool:This just show that you really dont know what you talking about.. just like you didnt when we discussed the changes for this age..(no offence, but that's reality. I can explain that if you want).
what do you think Top ranks will buy from day 1 age 9 with these changes?.. sentry.. what other stat.. DA.. so top ranks will be forced to buy massive sentry and some da.. this way no one can sab there towers and they will be safe. and what will happen in mid rank lowrank?.. ppl will destroy eachother and end up with 0 weapons..

and I really wounder who came up with this suggestion.. either it was the same ranking fucker who came up with the changes last age, or it was a admin who have no idea what he is doing..

I cant wait for next age where I can sit and watch my completly empty account 3months in to the age.. This age have been the worst koc age ever, and I'm pretty sure alot of people will agree with me on that. To bad next age will be even worse..

Stormrag3
30th December 2007, 07:15 AM
What about having an Age 4 again ?

active
30th December 2007, 08:58 AM
Thoughts:

1 - Spy tools should be on the line. Spy turns should not be around, nor should tool loss on sab attempts.

2 - 11 attempts a day with recons and sabs, everyone liked the not 100% chance of success, brings a little excitement back to sabbing.

3 - Masses always sucked, everyone knows that it took billions of gold to kill 20k spies on an account with 50k spies, it just was never worth it.

4 - People won't start chaining for the heck of it, they will actually show some restraint - people will stop farming, miraculously, more gold will be on the battlefield. DN81 you and your buddies started chainsabbing, it's time it was curbed. In Age 3 and 4 chainsabbing was a coward's move, and I still believe it is - unfortunately it's the only way to work now, as everyone's gotten so used to it. Chaining is only a 'fair move' in war.

5 - Allow the chance to take .5% of an armory per attempt, odds are two or three get in, but there is a possibility for 0.

6 - Sentry should not be sabbable, it just doesn't make sense - makes everyone too vulnerable.

7 - Change the attack turn cap to 500

8 - Keep clicking at 5 times a day, logged in - this stops people like Henry, and promotes alliances - which is the only worthwhile thing this game has to offer. No one sticks around for KoC's great gameplay, but they stick around for the alliances.

9 - Weapons shouldn't 'disappear', allow spy tools to be sold and bought back.

Not terrible changes, just need to be tweaked.

Everyone knows age 5-7 was crap. Age 8 is interesting, not perfect, plus the changes make this a game about chaos.

ill mostly agree.

since people are saying "bring back age x"

i still say age 3 was the best

IRGRL
30th December 2007, 09:05 AM
2 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 529,981 Gold stolen 0 0 653 75,707,290 details
3 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 750,890 Gold stolen 0 0 524 70,308,166 details
3 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 684,652 Gold stolen 0 0 556 71,743,157 details
3 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 1,150,465 Gold stolen 0 0 657 70,542,844 details
3 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 1,337,225 Gold stolen 0 0 609 89,406,546 details
10 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 1,653,624 Gold stolen 0 0 652 80,487,276 details
10 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 1,746,498 Gold stolen 0 0 566 72,281,360 details
10 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 2,234,560 Gold stolen 0 0 610 59,970,719 details
10 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 3,088,368 Gold stolen 0 0 610 75,437,064 details
11 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 2,812,352 Gold stolen 0 0 629 75,654,545 details
11 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 4,438,981 Gold stolen 1 0 589 66,901,183 details
11 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 5,717,630 Gold stolen 0 0 677 64,435,441 details
11 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 4,438,516 Gold stolen 1 0 641 62,064,115 details
11 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 7,465,251 Gold stolen 1 0 595 68,187,486 details
11 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 7,205,590 Gold stolen 0 0 567 70,996,787 details
12 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 10,764,755 Gold stolen 0 0 620 64,650,211 details
12 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 12,998,807 Gold stolen 0 0 593 64,650,183 details
12 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 12,903,837 Gold stolen 0 0 732 77,327,940 details
12 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 14,782,553 Gold stolen 0 0 645 67,923,629 details
12 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 21,219,223 Gold stolen 0 0 634 65,649,758 details
13 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 17,249,543 Gold stolen 1 0 618 56,388,137 details
13 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 31,833,696 Gold stolen 1 0 757 64,282,093 details
13 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 25,136,430 Gold stolen 0 0 625 58,741,164 details
14 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 44,522,186 Gold stolen 0 0 593 56,388,185 details
14 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 49,579,712 Gold stolen 0 0 664 62,129,918 details
14 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 46,804,903 Gold stolen 0 0 655 62,130,113 details
15 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 35,413,302 Gold stolen 0 0 566 69,464,349 details
15 minutes ago Vonn_Dutch 1,544,575 Gold stolen 0 0 240,622 53,868,980 details
--------------------
id like to thank hama for the sell in beta, being i didnt have to train down more the unlimited attack turns helped :P

rofl

RoHaLoVeR
30th December 2007, 10:51 AM
^_^

If age 9 will be the same as age 9 beta, KoC will be a nightmare for active KoC players and a heaven for "inactive" KoC players :P

In 8 minutes time, I stole 100 million gold with 4 million SA, and my sell-off value tripled :P

If a "not-very-active" KoC player would log in after 5 days and see he lost a lot of his account, so what, he'll just steal 100 mil gold again, case closed and his account even improved :P

Though I think like someone said earlier, they are giving us age 9 beta as some kind of New Year present (why else would they start it 30 December 2007?), and after New Year, they'll start acting seriously :P

They sure caused chaos, right? ^_^

IRGRL
30th December 2007, 11:15 AM
i have to say your right, if they keep the no attack turns in effect it will be joy all over the place, even for us sabbers

but with the sab, high sab wil mass away sentry of higher accounts, and smaller spy will sab Da away once it is gone
no ranker wil be safe, not unless from the start all rankers gather together and mass the sabbers lol

with 150 mill spy in beta i was easily taking 25 and 50 and 100 spy tools off people

scary though :P

Habsfan
30th December 2007, 11:27 AM
Age 6 was the best, what the feck are you talking about habsfan.

How many ages have you played? Age 6 was full of autobuyers, sell-catchers, fakes, multiple accounts, bankers, etc. Remember the epic bannings at the end of the age? I do.

Obviously these changes are temporary for testing, don't get all wound up for nothing.

Sentry cannot be sabbable, it's just silly.

IRGRL
30th December 2007, 11:30 AM
least in age 6 there was more then 20k active players in KOC lol granted most were fake, but even with all that the chaos was fun, and i was hacked 2 x, id give anything to have 4- 6 back, id say 3 but i didnt play too activly then

Santino_Corleone
30th December 2007, 01:29 PM
I like Habsfan's ideas actually..

anyway, if spy and sentrytool are sabbable, the sell value of tools should go up to 75% of the buying value.

Lil_Wolfy
30th December 2007, 01:32 PM
Lol Massing is fun, someone went from:

Covert Operatives: 40k & roughly 4.3bil spy

to:

Covert Operatives: 12,337 & 1,705,466,88 spy ^^

killing_squad
30th December 2007, 01:54 PM
Just bring age 7 back with unlimited clicking. That s all everyone needs

Vengence_
30th December 2007, 02:33 PM
I have to agree with viv here. I am all for the sab tools that can be sabbed. But at the same time, is it not double standards to loose tools while trying to sab someone? If we can sab spy tools, remove the feature of losing spy tools in failed attempts. As it's been pointed out, it is a war game, but there has to be some kind of order for this to be considered a game. Only makes sense that double standards shouldnt be involved.

twisted-individual_ds/dj
30th December 2007, 02:37 PM
Lol Massing is fun, someone went from:

Covert Operatives: 40k & roughly 4.3bil spy

to:

Covert Operatives: 12,337 & 1,705,466,88 spy ^^

he he i think we have been massing the same person

anyway he

has 1.3 bil spy now and 11k coverts,

if not then well two people have lost 3 bil spy this afternoon

Keneva
30th December 2007, 02:51 PM
oh well, bs not playing with those rules.

thanks admins for making me stop playing this game, it's been too long even though I never played it hard.

Precisely. Though I cannot claim that I've never played it hard... the more I see, the more likely I am to find a different use for my time. :)

2 hours ago Nights_Judgement 399,077,271 Gold stolen 16,707 944 13,856,418,266 12,383,985,614 details
6 hours ago Nights_Judgement 1,320,895,254 Gold stolen 15,389 779 12,909,733,345 12,638,845,490 details
6 hours ago GN85 Attack defended 2 4 127,988,263 13,847,961,242 details

So I tried it:
14 seconds ago B00KemDAN0 442,056,053 Gold stolen 12,979 20,944 13,333,800,671 16,881,955,155 details

They didn't change the damages... still painful at 114 million. :s

Would have been nice to have gotten more of a warning (found out 10 minutes ago), and I don't check the email account that I registered with... so I've lost 1.7 billion gold and 1000ish nuns and 10,000 towers. Nice. I know it's "just a Beta," but still - thanks to the Admins for pushing me along the path toward quitting. I might just look for someone in my alliance to sell off to in Beta - and don't PM me about wanting that sell, lol. That's certain disqualification from consideration.

Edit: Please fix the danged bug that only lets us see a couple of pages of our logs.

58 operations total | page 2 of 2
OH (qwick's) sabs on my have disappeared, as have all the others...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Keneva

RIP Tambor_3. You are much loved and missed.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y174/FirePenguins/KenevaSig.jpg
Age 5 Final Stats: Rank 327 | Top 10 Sabber | SA 3bil, DA 2.8bil, Spy 1.5bil, Sentry 1.5bil
Age 6 Final Stats: Rank 71 | SA 3.4bil, DA 7.5bil, Spy 2bil, Sentry 4.7bil
Age 7 Final Stats: Rank 16 | SA 27.6bil, DA 23.95bil, Spy 12.2bil, Sentry 10.1bil

RoHaLoVeR
30th December 2007, 03:01 PM
Yeah age 9 beta should not be played seriously in any way :P

Neither should it have any effect on age 8 :P

Rogue_ST
30th December 2007, 03:19 PM
Firstly i guess that if attack defense weapons can be sabbed why not spy sentry tools.
But of course you need a balance as pin said earlier once you have an account with 0 stats after a mass your not going to play anymore.

So i say if you can sabb tools:-
Make sentry tools more powerfull than spy or make them cheaper (200k for 100 Strength)
No loss of trained spies and sentry when attacked
Increase the tbg for trained spy sentry

I have played as a sabber ranker slayer and i think the idea of waring is not to totally wipe out an account, you still want ppl playing the game, but to stall their grow or even set them back a little,i think this is the balance needed.

Your are never going to be able to wipe out the top rankers and nor should you, but there still should be a way to chip away at them, the best way is loss of men/tbg a n00b with 1 mil sa should be able to attack rank #1 and he lose 1 soldier.

Yes i spell it saBB cause its cool

PS unlimited attacks = stupid

GenghisK
30th December 2007, 03:29 PM
ive been saying have spy tools become sabbable for over a yr now. While some scoffed at it then im glad to see it finally come to light. No more hiding behind a total spy acct.
And with keeping my ear close to the ground... i hear whispers of payback to the known sabbers. Good luck on any of them gaining any ground in age9.

Lil_Wolfy
30th December 2007, 04:36 PM
i hear whispers of payback to the known sabbers. Good luck on any of them gaining any ground in age9.

Haha xD. Thats just laughable. Bring it on, you cant do it with any other time, only when the rules favour you and guess what; you'll still loose :D

IRGRL
30th December 2007, 05:49 PM
just like a ranker to say paybacks to the sabbers, but see people who play sab accounts usually dont give a rats ass about their account too muc, so that said, if things DO stay the way they are and i doubt the will, but if they do, rankers wishing for some payback prolly wont, cuz in the end a ranker is stil a ranker

Pinturicchio
30th December 2007, 06:05 PM
ive been saying have spy tools become sabbable for over a yr now. While some scoffed at it then im glad to see it finally come to light. No more hiding behind a total spy acct.
And with keeping my ear close to the ground... i hear whispers of payback to the known sabbers. Good luck on any of them gaining any ground in age9.

then you are not looking behind on what will be the affect of having spy tools sabbable..
what does this game need badly?.. I'll tell you what it need, more players and more activety.. you think people will want to play a game where only the big players with massive chains under them can do anything in the game?.. doubt it.. How much fun is it to play a account with 0 weapons?.. Try to reset every 10min and try to buy weapons and you'll get an idea of how age 9 will be.. fun ha?.. will do good for recruiting more players to the game I'm sure.. If you want to payback to the sabbers, then stop beeing a wussy and mass them 5 times a day.. grow a nutt..

on a side note: for the reality aspect of the game: how the fuck do you destroy a Lookout Tower with a pair of chucks anyways?.. your 2 spies hammering away like crazy or something?.. and how can they not be spoted when doing so.. fun stuff...

kavallier
30th December 2007, 06:11 PM
Yea it's funny that you can sab the tools that are supposed to protect you from sabbing lmao

incomer
30th December 2007, 06:12 PM
on a side note: for the reality aspect of the game: how the fuck do you destroy a Lookout Tower with a pair of chucks anyways?.. your 2 spies hammering away like crazy or something?.. and how can they not be spoted when doing so.. fun stuff...

lol ... I dont know its a game ... can do anything ..... like you destroy 50 or 100 bpms or IS with 1 spy .... lol

Borinqueneer
30th December 2007, 06:26 PM
actually, the spies sab the tower and then it magically disapears into thin air, what part of that is hard to believe the same goes for the nun, how you sabotage a tower and a nunchaku anyway?

IRGRL
30th December 2007, 06:27 PM
Yea it's funny that you can sab the tools that are supposed to protect you from sabbing lmao

lmao...i hate to agree with u, but ur right....

Originally Posted by Pinturicchio

:dork: > KOC admins

hahahahaha

this is so true, i cant imagine them keeping it like this

/me goes to check the calender to make sure its not Aprils Fools

Nights_Judgement
30th December 2007, 06:48 PM
actually, the spies sab the tower and then it magically disapears into thin air, what part of that is hard to believe the same goes for the nun, how you sabotage a tower and a nunchaku anyway?

Your nuns get you past the guards...you know...a quick whack into the back of the head knock them out..........and then for the tower...obviously they just plant the C4 explosives.

chaser1
30th December 2007, 06:58 PM
I like the changes. I like trying to adapt. Makes it interesting so long as it isnt for 11 months straight.

the_last_dawn
30th December 2007, 07:27 PM
omg the most weirdest stupidest change ever. NO unit production! what are they doing. I have 1k BPM's and no soldiers to hold them.

Pinturicchio
30th December 2007, 07:41 PM
Your nuns get you past the guards...you know...a quick whack into the back of the head knock them out..........and then for the tower...obviously they just plant the C4 explosives.
are we AGAIN talking about spies with bombs?. have you been talking to ffo or something?.. lol

I like the changes. I like trying to adapt. Makes it interesting so long as it isnt for 11 months straight.
I like my foot in your ass... :)
this is not adapting, it's boring..

Rogue_ST
30th December 2007, 08:13 PM
i have just tried to sabb some ppls towers and nuns 10 at a time and it wouldn't allow me to, maybe i'm doing something wrong but it seems hard to sabb the smaller accounts( i am a smaller one myself)

If they make it you can sabb a max of 5 or 10 per go it would be ok for the smaller accounts, but alas still the big accounts will suffer little

Stormrag3
30th December 2007, 08:15 PM
December 30, 2007

50 soldier bonus for signing up new officers. No automatic soldier production. You can purchase mercenaries or click, click, click, like in the old days.

Old Clicking Rules...
mmm....

http://www.giveupalready.com/showpost.php?p=1065036&postcount=39

@clicking rule

4. Clicking Rules
I'm OK with them. It returns KOC's essence, KOC IS AND ALWAYS HAVE BEEN AN ALLIANCE STUFF. So Why we pretend to change it? We all have started playing it that way. Do you like Age7's unlimited clicking? What about the commander whoring? Loyalty meant shit, It was everything about *clicks clicks clicks*

zeshan
30th December 2007, 08:28 PM
lolz NJ - our spies dont carry C4 bombs yet to destroy the towers and unfortunately nuns cant destroy towers.

50 soldier bonus for signing up new officers. No automatic soldier production. You can purchase mercenaries or click, click, click, like in the old days.

Clicking back to old days, nice.
BUT no UP, i definitely would like to know what it is that the admins are smoking or drinking.

the_last_dawn
30th December 2007, 08:30 PM
Every officer meaning 50 soldiers would just mean that people would make up stuff to the lower ranked ppl and take advantage. Also not to mention that keneva and NJ or the top ranked ppl who jsut get automatic officers would get even more soldiers.

zeshan
30th December 2007, 08:41 PM
^^ exactly.
the people who already have lots of offie will have automatic advantage next age. coz they will get 50 soldier for one offie.

And no UP, is just another FORCED change that the admins are implementing so that people will be FORCED to click.
More people clicking means MORE MONEY for them. now its gonna be KINGS OF CLCIKING again. maybe henry should come back :p

I dont think admins have got brains to understand that maybe 600-1000 people click the rest dont. so the rest of the people will stay with 0 TFF. and finally will QUIT laughing at the stupid game where they dont even get soldiers.
very nice thinking, so from 19000 its gonna be down to wht 5000 ?

Timmy1
30th December 2007, 08:43 PM
clicking back to the way it was... nice... keep it that way but put the UP back into effect... these way people that dont want to click 50 million links can still have there fun...

Leash
30th December 2007, 08:52 PM
LOL crap and i just bought 640 up

And tony just bought 1280 up roflmao xD

ALthoug... i have like 700 unheld now... fuck

the_last_dawn
30th December 2007, 08:54 PM
I was so close from getting UP. like 4 hours. now I have 1k BPM's unheld!. Well i guess I am going to have to click for my officers and then i dont know what. I dont want to recruit because its useless in beta.

tonyrodolfo
30th December 2007, 08:55 PM
the no up is just fucking dumb i have about 4k unheld ivs/bpm and i cant dont anything with them now cause theres not even a clicker for beta what the fuck admins

and clicking is still just 5times per 24hrs so what the hell

and what this 50 guys per officer shit i might as well go and try to make up like 20 officers to hold all my shit now

they need to have the up in til there is some clicker on the beta

chaser1
30th December 2007, 09:13 PM
I just f'ing bought 1280 UP! WTF, can I have my gold back admins?

the_last_dawn
30th December 2007, 09:17 PM

omg u havent been concetrating?. it came out for like 3 hours. hopefully the admins change it back or something. like get unlimited clicking on own recruit link or something.

tonyrodolfo
30th December 2007, 09:20 PM

lol i just bought mine today also what a waits of gold lo

active
30th December 2007, 09:27 PM
I hope this is just for beta, because no UP will seriously mess up a lot of people like my self who dont have a lot of time to spend clicking.

It's like playing age 1 again wewt

Nights_Judgement
30th December 2007, 10:50 PM
Wow...they sent me an email....I think I believe now they are trying

the_last_dawn
30th December 2007, 10:57 PM
w00t. they brought back unit production. or is it just me?

active
30th December 2007, 11:51 PM
yeah i got my UP too

Habsfan
31st December 2007, 12:43 AM
Unlimited clicking is gay - Henry might as well make a comeback and win again, and KoC just went to crap again. (Provided the changes stay)

Again the no-lifes will win the game, rather than those that forge relationships in game, use diplomacy, etc.

Unlimited clicking is weak, and it puts those without dynamic IP at a disadvantage.

/me waits for Henry to come wailing, saying that everyone can get a dynamic IP or use proxies, both simply aren't true.

Custos
31st December 2007, 12:55 AM

you can only click your link 5 times still while logged in so dont know wot the admins are saying but thats not true you might be able to click your link while not logged in?

Removing the up was obvious forcing people to click thus increasing activity rofl.

Hey if you can click your link unlimited then whoa we all going to be big again :)

Habsfan
31st December 2007, 01:00 AM

you can only click your link 5 times still while logged in so dont know wot the admins are saying but thats not true you might be able to click your link while not logged in?

Removing the up was obvious forcing people to click thus increasing activity rofl.

Hey if you can click your link unlimited then whoa we all going to be big again :)

Well you'll be big my friend, I won't be much past 200k men, because I'll only be able to click the list once a day, rather than 5 times a day like before. 98% of koc will be in the same predicament as me, and the only people who benefit are like the top 2%

tiger45
31st December 2007, 01:16 AM
News
December 30, 2007

December 29, 2007

Unlimited Chaos! Attack turns are now unlimited.

December 29, 2007

Welcome to the Age 9 Beta! We'll be testing some changes for the next Age, and would really appreciate your feedback on the forums, IRC, or by email. Have fun! Current changes:

* Percentage of a target's armory you can sabotage raised by 10x against players who were previously "untouchable".
* Spy and sentry tools are now sabbable. When sabbed, they are immediately removed.

NO UP is just crap , I can't even click , not coz I don't have a dynamic IP , but because my computer isn't a good one for clicking , age 8 I was on 3 cpm .. wow .. that's great ..
and with the unlimited attacks , i've lose almost 5-7K coverts , how would I be able to recover from them? no UP , no clicking ?? so what?? best thing is to quit after that...
Tools are sabbed should be little changed , not like just disappear , you can sell and rebuy , this will be a hard guess for players , to know what was sabbed from them? If the sabber didn't break , then , the sabbed player , will have to sell and rebuy , almost 4 kinds of weapons , if he has them all ...
I've talked before about stealing tools , I won't talk about it now , as we're talking about beta here ... but just a proposition of why not to steal the tools instead of making them disappear ...

As for the "sabotage raised by 10x against players who were previously "untouchable" " , I think that now who doesn't have more than 200 towers : 100 mill worth , you'll be able to sab 1% of his armory , and if those sab turns will stay there , with 5 , you'll be able to sab 5% .. little disadvantage at the start of the age for new and hated players...

"50 soldier bonus for signing up new officers." , I can just ask an officer to delete his account , then join me billion times .. and i'll have a big TFF , and for those who has like 300 officers , at the start of the age , let's say that only 1/3 joined , that's 100*50=5000 soldiers at the start of the age .. and others will just be at 100 soldiers or though ...
as I saw before , they will be no stats IF and only IF the big players started attacking and sabbing eachothers .. so the winner will be the one who bank at the end ;)

thanks to the admins for their work , but at least , don't destroy the game , and make it little more logic or make this :

Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 2 terrorist to attempt to destroy 25 of *******'s building of type Lookout Tower.
Your terrorist successfully enter ********'s armory undetected, and plants C4 on 25 of the enemy's Lookout Tower stockpile. Your terrorist all return safely to your camp. On their way back , they hear a big noise , an explosion , 25 Lookout Tower were destroyed.

I bet u won't be able to crack a rock with chucks

killing_squad
31st December 2007, 02:01 AM
50 men s each officer? hmm means 300x50= 15000 as start for big guys.. not really fair?
Bring up back and unlimted clicking for everyone (incl. static ip)
Unlimted attacks is not a good idea to i did 580 attacks in 3 hours XD but i need to say to you proberly get bored after 2-3 days ... But attack turns from age 7 are bether. So admins you know what to do. XD

perelabat59
31st December 2007, 02:01 AM
We're on the way back to Chaos now...
No more Attack turns, that's good.

Now, we should also focus on the sab turns. In real war there are some sabbing so we can't complain if we are sabbed. But there should still be a limit because it is not possible to sab indefinitely someone.
So my proposition is:
1) Remove also sab turns
2) Remove sab limit (we can sab how many weapons and tools we want)
3) Review success percentage (according to Spy/Sentry ratio). For example, for a ratio of 1/1 (Spy 10 for a Sentry 10), the percentage of success could be 50% and for a ratio of 2/1 (Spy 20 for a Sentry 10), the percentage could be greater (75%) etc...
4) Until a sab is not detected, we should be able to spy.
5) Once a sab is detected, there is no more sabbing possibility for x days and the spy is considered lost.
6) Being able to sab fortifications coudl be another idea. To lower the defense.

Other ideas:

6) As there is no more Unit Production, we should be able to "buy" some men (not only mercenaries, but normal soldiers).
the price could be greater than when hiring after clicking but the "normal" soldiers we would buy could give TBG (contrary to mercenaries).

See you later in Age 9

killing_squad
31st December 2007, 02:16 AM
As there is no more Unit Production, we should be able to "buy" some men (not only mercenaries, but normal soldiers).
the price could be greater than when hiring after clicking but the "normal" soldiers we would buy could give TBG (contrary to mercenaries).

LoL big clickers like me just gonna click mass in begin to have a big income and buy mass men s like you said but you forget something... more men s more income in one month everyone have over 5 mil men s lol so no it s a bad idea

auto_sabber616
31st December 2007, 02:33 AM
the clicking part and the 50 men per soldier is a bad idea and can even lead to fakes for low ranking players.

perelabat59
31st December 2007, 02:40 AM
As there is no more Unit Production, we should be able to "buy" some men (not only mercenaries, but normal soldiers).

LoL big clickers like me just gonna click mass in begin to have a big income and buy mass men s like you said but you forget something... more men s more income in one month everyone have over 5 mil men s lol so no it s a bad idea

You're right, big clickers will be able to buy more men. But i think it's OK.
It's normal to have more men if you click a lot.
But we should find a way to have omre men if we are not also big clickers.
Clicks should be limited.

Giving 50 soldiers for each officer is a very bad idea but giving also 1 soldier for 2 soldiers that your officer has is also not fare.

In reality, you don't get 1 men if your officer got 2. We should also remove this.

killing_squad
31st December 2007, 03:41 AM
-attack turns like in age 7
-sab rules etc like in age 7 maybe put tools to sab to 100.
-no sab turns
-unlimited clicking for everyone (click he s own link something liek that)
-up would be ...,640-1280-2560 max
-human 30% income -elf 30% spy and 30% sentry - rest is fine.

That s all admins need to do for make the most persons happy again.

o_O-
31st December 2007, 03:50 AM
While we are all whining about turns, sabotage and w/e some other features that facilitate alliance management are forgotten.

Alliance commander is gone again, where did it go? And why do we not have a CHAIN notice, next to a commander notice. It looks stupid that your members don't even get to your forums or your IRC channel because somewhere in chain one player forgets to put it in his commander notice. Smaller players are quitting too because they are not getting anywhere.

killing_squad
31st December 2007, 04:00 AM
Alliance commander is gone again, where did it go? And why do we not have a CHAIN notice, next to a commander notice.

Ye alliance commander should stay and some other stuf like already recone etc.

IRGRL
31st December 2007, 04:01 AM
bring back the UP, i dont care either way with the clicking, when its limited the small guys are fucked anyhow...if u dont join an alliance and hope for some sent to u u can still only do X amount a day. unlimited if u dont have a changable IP well u consider urself fucked....either way, someone is going to be unhappy.. this age the clicking inspired fakes as well so even with the 50 soldiers upon joining wont change the amount of fakes, admins wil just have to stay on top of their game is all.

bring back up..
attack and sab turns shouldnt be implimented but should be capped, like 8k in the old days

bring back sab rules from age 4, 5 or 6 even.

and remember the non limit on attack and sab is for beta testing...

Shane-
31st December 2007, 04:11 AM
Wow...they sent me an email....I think I believe now they are trying

*lol*, NJ, Your a special boy

Right: A few questions about the beta, because what everone's said dosnt make much sence...

1. Clicking:
Is clicking like it is/was in age 7? ( Yes / No )

2. The 50 soilder thing:
When you get a officer, Do you get 50 free soilders
Example: You get 5 new officers, So you also get 250 automatic soilders?

Shane

El Vista
31st December 2007, 04:14 AM
Make sab rules like age 5-6-7. But upto a certain point. If 50 BPM/IS is worth less than 1% of someones armory, then they can sab more than 50.

IMO that would be adding the best of both worlds. everyone can be sabbed from the 11th weapon like the good old days, or 100s of IS at a time for those to whom 50 weapons mean nothing.

Also either you need to impliment attack turns like age 7, or make a new option for mass turns to kill the coverts. Spy and sentry are very expensive compared to attack/defense. It's just... sad if they get sabbed like 10,000 powered weapons.

NightFire91
31st December 2007, 04:17 AM
reset this joke and put again Age 7 at least.

I agree with that. I liked the Age 7 turn system :)

IRGRL
31st December 2007, 05:14 AM
Spy Rating 52,442,726 before
4 nuns aat using 1 spy 5 turns
i broke
Spy Rating 51,335,424

----------------------

Spy Rating 53,078,630
4 nuns aat, 1 spy 5 turns
broke
Spy Rating 51,965,798

---------------------------
Sentry Rating 279,866,368
1 spy 5 turns 20 lookout tower 2x
broke
Sentry Rating 277,377,024
-----------------------

Okay if u do away with the sab turns, keep the 1-5 turns used, or just give us back like it was in the old days

also, the loss when sabbing spy and sentry is recoverable, although i stil dont think sentry should be able to be sabbed because its the one thing that is supposed to protect people from being sabbed/gold seen
if a chian has 2 -4people in chain whom can hit the top guys al it is, is a matter of time before sentry is gone when the lower ranked sabbers can start going after DA
concentrated efforts could take down a top 20 easy.

Ady
31st December 2007, 05:15 AM
i just attacked every account on page 5 and 6 lolol

600 unheld bpms :(

where are the god damn meeeeeercs

anyway

age6 ftw

joly
31st December 2007, 05:33 AM
Bring back the UP, or youll definately see revenues vaporize into thin air. I'm not going back to how it was in AGE 0-1.

Bring back Alliance stuff, build in some Chain notice, and make sure the little people can enjoy this game. Now they just get ra*ed and simply quit because its no fun.
Who cares about 50 soldiers for recruiting a new officer, if you can click 110 cpm. I can see people making fake accounts by the hunderds, and the commander of that chain will have 10k soldiers after the first turn. Luckely its all beta testing.

Pinturicchio
31st December 2007, 06:03 AM
Unlimited clicking is gay - Henry might as well make a comeback and win again, and KoC just went to crap again. (Provided the changes stay)

Again the no-lifes will win the game, rather than those that forge relationships in game, use diplomacy, etc.

Unlimited clicking is weak, and it puts those without dynamic IP at a disadvantage.

/me waits for Henry to come wailing, saying that everyone can get a dynamic IP or use proxies, both simply aren't true.

unlimited clicking is gay because you yourself is to lazy to click.. lol
and who wins other games, like WoW, CS or whatever.. It's the ones you call 'no lifers'.. why should it be any diffrent here?..

ehhrww.. I educate in IT and yes, you can have a dynamic IP no matter what.. I'm pretty sure the admins knows that too.. you can do more or less everything with a comp, you think the IP is the thing holding you back?.. you not wanting to click is what's holding you back my friend.. and you say koc went to crap again: have you played this age?.. first age with limited clicking and it's the worst age ever..

and Henry only did 5some mills clicks last age (+ some batches).. that's only 2,5mill TFF, and he was way above 2,5mill TFF.. so I guess he had some good relationships as well..

INFERNO.
31st December 2007, 06:41 AM
Unlimited Chaos! Attack turns and sab turns are unlimited - for testing of course ;) Note that sab turns against a single person are still limited.

let be real, its not for testing, they did that to bring more player to beta because nobody is playing except what? 50 players?

IMO you should stop doing this kind of changes, and start trying those you will apply or you think you will apply.

Changes that must be done

1 attack turns> wanna limit them? limit them but bring back the hability of 5*1.

2 sab turns> rid off them. Bring back Age 7 type of sabbing. Make the limit according to the value of 50 BPMs = 42,500,000 (buy value) then you will able to sab that value per successfull try with any weapon.

3 balance the bonus % between races, its been told already how to balance them and keep the benefit for all them.

4 make clicking like Age 7> Many people complain, but for what I remember Ive never seen so small gold on battlefield and accounts so smalls!

5 remove that fake thing of sabbing sentry tools and spy tools>

sentry tools are already pretty unusufull, and its a stats pretty hard to build. Spy tool, you lost them already...rankers complain about small sabb accounts. Well if you are a ranker, a good one, then outgrow them. There will b no difference for rankers, why? cause they dont sab...they wont sabb the sab tools or the sentry tools. =) and second, rankers will get their sentry and spy tools sabbed too...so now you will have to complain of lossing SA, DA, Spy and sentrys.

sorry for the bad, ugly english. I dont speak it and Im half sleep.

dracon974
31st December 2007, 06:57 AM
Put back the daily unit production and make more attack mercs available. Forcing people to use recruiters will just encourage more cheating

IRGRL
31st December 2007, 07:07 AM
how is that??? forcing people by limited clicking will just encourage more cheating as well...

if i have 5 accounts under me i can click in for my account above me..... because i can only click x amount of clicks...

*think*

Shane-
31st December 2007, 07:08 AM

Can i just point out that Pint dosnt have DynIP...

Also, DTB or NardNipples dosnt have DynIP...

Watch their IRC hosts, And its always the same, YET there can change their IP at will

Anyone can change there IP address, No matter what, Weather your dial up, or you'v got cable, Its possible

And im not saying you need to change your ISP, Because you dont, And you dont need to use proxys...

Ohh, Anyone rember Age 8 Beta?... How much did fury click?... Guess what, fury has static IP address!

There is loads of ways to give yourself the ability to change your IP address, www.fuckinggoogleit.com has all the answers you will ever need

Shane

P.s, Yes, The ability to change IP address is free,

Soldier_Worst
31st December 2007, 07:13 AM
and Henry only did 5some mills clicks last age (+ some batches).. that's only 2,5mill TFF, and he was way above 2,5mill TFF.. so I guess he had some good relationships as well..

Well.. many players would like to join a commander who gives you 200k of clicks to join him.. I'm not saying he has no "communication skills", for as far as I know he's a nice hard working guy. Still, giving away loads of credits is probably the most effective way to recruit. Keeping your officers is another story. Obviously Henry deserved the win.

Anyway, I don't mind if limited clicking stays cause the game shouldn't be mainly about clicking, and there are enough links left to assure the importance of clicking.
Btw, a higher UP decreases the importance of clicking, I still think UP should be lowered. Personally I don't mind the current situation without UP, it has no real use anyway, it makes casualties more painful and clicking or gaining officers more important (both require some efforts and skills. UP requires no effort or skill, so I don't mind to reward people who do put some energy into the game.

Clicking can be unlimited too, but there shouldn't be a difference between static and dynamic IP. There are other ways, but I don't know if it's possible due to my limited knowledge of coding. I don't think people should be "forced" to change their IP, it's easy with a dynamic one, a bit harder with a static one. A small change to the clicking rules could do the trick.

Example: Get rid of the "you only can click this link again after 24 hours" rule, and make it "you only can click this link again after you've clicked 500 (random picked number) other links, or wait 24 hours". That way people with static IP's can keep on clicking too.

Thats only one of the possible solutions to make it fair for everyone and to make clicking unlimited again (but I'm not against it being limited, maybe the limits can raise a bit to 10x same link / day, as the amount of players drops)

----------

Further I like the intentions behind the changes of age 9 beta. I'd just like to see the "0,1% armory value/sabturn" rule change. Sabbing should be possible from the start, not after months and only if you have a huge spy to sab big accounts.

I've came up with this before, I still believe the best rule is a "basic sabrule" + "extended sabrule" (to sab more of bigger accounts). Almost cleaning out someones armory should be quite hard but possible.

example:
Basic sabrule looks like age 3 - 4 - 5: you can sab 10% of someones armory, with a limit on 10,5M goldvalue (= 14 IS or 12 BPM) / sabturn

+

Extended sabrule adds 0,1% of the armory value to the basic limit.

=> Someone with a total armory value of 1,000,000,000 can be sabbed with a limit on 11,5M goldvalue / sabturn

----------

Obviously it's a bit silly to make attacking unlimited :)
Its a good thing the cap on attack turns is gone, maybe to cap on sabturns should be removed too. But keep the turns! You can save up to many turns, but unlimited attacks would result in a crazy age (although it might be interesting) ! Also, it seems wise to me to limit the amount of times you can attack the same target a bit. 5 times or 10 times / day or so.

----------

Last words on this post: Don't crack down everything the admins try to do. Try to give constructive comments instead.

Winger02
31st December 2007, 07:49 AM
Anyone can change there IP address, No matter what, Weather your dial up, or you'v got cable, Its possible

P.s, Yes, The ability to change IP address is free,

Don't you always keep the same IP when you're behind a router?

IRGRL
31st December 2007, 07:50 AM
no..

i use my router to change my IP...online..

and i have cable, but it doesnt allow me to change it

Shane-
31st December 2007, 08:03 AM
Don't you always keep the same IP when you're behind a router?Sometimes, Some routers let you change though

Everones thinking inside the box, Think out side the box, Maybe you dont need to change the IP your ISP gives you

Find out exaclly how your ISP issues your IP, Personally, My ISP uses MAC address of the modem, I change my modem over with another modem, i get another IP, Good job i got a spair modem, So in my case, Editing the Mac address of my modem itself would do the trick, But to do that i think i would need to whipe all modem software, reinstall it all, editing the right values to edit the mac address, And even then id need a mac address my ISP issues, That, itself is to much hassle, But that just proves that its possible for people on NTL/Virgin Media (The ISP Company)

As i said, Find out exaclly how your ISP issues your IP, And find out how to abuse/manipulate that

So thats one way for people on staticIP to change IP, Theres atlease 4 other possible ways i can think of right now, But not going to post, If people really want to change their IP, There should put the time and effot into finding out how to do it, Rather then just complaining, and saying its impossible, cant be done, ect, because its pretty darn possible, And anyone who claims it isnt, aint done the research needed

Shane

P.s, Rember, Think out side the box

xAre
31st December 2007, 08:25 AM
Even before I knew I had dynamicIP I could click ~10 times per day.
The way I did it is err, borderline illegal, and requires you to have many neighbours with wireless network ^^

chaser1
31st December 2007, 09:45 AM
Actually, lets give in to one wish of the admins? What did everyone like the most?

I liked the Age 5 sabbing rules, but I also like the ability to sab spy and sentry now.

I like the age 8 attack turns, but I would also enjoy seeing slay turns pop up (for 1x5ing)

I like UP... dunno where we could go wrong there, I used to think that our commanders got half of our UP when I first started. That was long ago. Maybe we could try that?

Alliance functions should stay, I like those. And he alliance rankings is cool too.

active
31st December 2007, 10:57 AM
Def. need UP back. I, like many others, am in college and dont have time to click hours a day.(same with high school students who actually do their work :P)So, I can say if I dont get a UP I wont play.

50 men for officers, I dont think anyones mentioned that almost every active player that will be left for age 9 will already be in an alliance and have commanders they dont want to change. New players hardly stay active after the first couple of days and often dont read recuiting messages.

the_last_dawn
31st December 2007, 11:40 AM
well also here keep the UP but if they gona take it out bring something else in for growing other than clicking. because even though im a clicker i still like auto soldiers =].

i think it should the 1 attack turn per turn thing because it is getting all spaztic. i did 500 attacks in 2 hours :P. that would count to 4500 attack turns in the real deal.

i dont know wht 2 say abt sabbing. its all a bit 2 confusing to think abt it at 6 in the morning having not slept for nearly 22 hours. just make it unlimited and make it everything is sabbale cept towers because thats what they r for. stopping sabbers.

Ady
31st December 2007, 11:55 AM
unlimited sab turns ftw

some accounts are going to get destroyed!

Borinqueneer
31st December 2007, 12:33 PM
they should keep the clicking like in age 8 at least that way the took the IP problem out of the equation.

Habsfan
31st December 2007, 12:44 PM
unlimited clicking is gay because you yourself is to lazy to click.. lol
and who wins other games, like WoW, CS or whatever.. It's the ones you call 'no lifers'.. why should it be any diffrent here?..

ehhrww.. I educate in IT and yes, you can have a dynamic IP no matter what.. I'm pretty sure the admins knows that too.. you can do more or less everything with a comp, you think the IP is the thing holding you back?.. you not wanting to click is what's holding you back my friend.. and you say koc went to crap again: have you played this age?.. first age with limited clicking and it's the worst age ever..

1 - I've never been too lazy to click.
2 - Loyalty can't be bought, but whores can; Henry showed that - where is TDO now? (PS - I think Henry is a nice guy, but I didn't like his 'tough guy' attitude at the end of the age)
3 - I've never seen a convert your static IP to a dynamic IP manual online, if there was, then I wouldn't complain. Now you're educated in IT, I however, am not. Changing IP is not a simple matter for some, as Shane pointed out. Perhaps my original comment was a bit naive, however I do not believe that having a dynamic IP is so easy that anyone can have one. Most KoC players are about 15-16 years old and do not own their own computer, router, etc. Their parents see them messing about, and they no longer play koc.

I've played this age, and it's actually the most competitive for the top 50, anyone can make it if they click/attack or use an effective strategy. The game isn't meant to about clicking, it doesn't grow because of clicking, it grows because of relationships.

incomer
31st December 2007, 12:50 PM
well mostly everyone is talking about keeping the old system, and some few changes. so why not go for the old system.

- attack turn system from age 7
- sab/recons 11 times a day
- clicking system from age 7
- UP upgrade up to 1280 or 640
- sab rule from age 7 or 6
- length of an age upto 5 or 6 month. age 8 was too short for an age but good for most I think due to new rules of game.
- sabbable spy tools (remove loss of spy tool on sabotage attempts).

I believe this would be satisfactory changes for most of the players. if these are implemented for age 9

Professor
31st December 2007, 01:30 PM
I'm hoping/expecting that Age 9 proper won't continue with the "unlimited chaos" idea. It tips the balance further in favour of those who have the most time. I mean, it shouldn't require you to be online 24/7 to do half decent in a game lol In theory, with everything unlimited, the person with the most time wins. What is most stupid though, is that you can use your unlimited attacks on one person. They completely removed the 5 attacks a day on one person (though not the limit on sabbing one person, where's the thinking?).

I do like the idea of being able to sab everything. I mean obviously it is stupid that nunchakus (or however they are spelt) can destory a watch tower, but is anything in this game remotely realistic? Basically, it's all about strength. It doesn't matter that it's a nunchaku, they just had to give it a name, it matters that it is 100 strength. Sabotaging should be able to sabotage anything, and I think it should make things more fair with sabbers no longer being virtually untouchable.

I hope they bring UP back. Otherwise it's tipping the balance in favour of those with good internet connections and more time again. Some people can't click or can't click much because of their internet connection or whatever.

jog1
31st December 2007, 01:34 PM
Unlimited Chaos! Attack turns and sab turns are unlimited - for testing of course ;) Note that sab turns against a single person are still limited.

you have to read, it won't stay unlimited

Ady
31st December 2007, 01:52 PM
I think 640 UP and 1280 should be again made alot cheaper.

This way even the small players can get into the game via TBG, the new guys that join and dont click, will after only a few short weeks have a decent TBG and can get involved with the game

For clickers it wont make much of a difference because they click thousands a day anyway!

Bryan
31st December 2007, 02:06 PM
Ya, my 2 cents

Age 9 Beta Sabbing
Age 7 Attacking
Age 8 UP
Age 7 Clicking

Keep Undead
Keep Alliance Ranking
Keep Alliance Tags
Lose 100 Turn Cap, But Not Unlimited Chaos

active
31st December 2007, 02:06 PM
I think my favorite part of beta is this "attack or sab me here and ill get you in age 8"

taking the game a little to seriously :insert rollseyes smile here:

incomer
31st December 2007, 02:18 PM
adding a button on battlefield to search users by alliance would be nice feature, for people who want to look for the whole chain, just like you search users by name ....

Professor
31st December 2007, 02:56 PM
adding a button on battlefield to search users by alliance would be nice feature, for people who want to look for the whole chain, just like you search users by name ....

Good idea.

There's something I've thought they should do for a long time. I reckon it would be useful if the admins combine successful recon reports. The link to an available recon is nice, but this would take it one step further. So if you were to recon several times and get different stats in different recons, they should combine the logs so you can see all the info you've been able to spy out. Would be easier than searching through all the recons or opening them up in seperate windows:morning:

Fianor
31st December 2007, 03:59 PM
Don't know if the admins are reading any of this or not, sometimes they seem too ...

A) no UP = I quit. It's that simple, I am not going to play against people like Henry who have nothing better to do with their lives than click. That's ridiculous. I realize you guys make your money off the clickers, but when you run everyone who isn't a clicker out of the game like this then the clickers will quit too. Games are supposed to be fun, if you make you game nothing more than who has the least useful life outside of KoC then what's the point of anyone who isn't henry playing?

B) I've been saying spy tools should be sabbable since sab was introduced. It's the only thing that makes the game remotely fair. We've lost a shitload of players over the last few ages because dicks like BSS and me can create untouchable sab accounts. Making spy tools sabbable removes the ability to have an untouchable account. People will have to actually not just be an absolute asshole for no reason if they want to have an account of any use. Everyone can effectively wage war now, and a small clan of complete assholes can't dictate how everyone else is going to play because they are untouchable. Personally I find it to be a nice fuck you to these dickheads out to do nothing more than ruin the game for everyone else in attempts to either compensate for their tiny dicks, their mothers not hugging them enough or perhaps their father "hugging" them too much.

However as sentry tools are also sabbable now, then the "big" weapon for each stat having a different cost, and different values is incredibly unfair. Pick a fucking number and stick with it. Round numbers would be nice. There is no reason for the big weapon in each stat not to be valued at 10,000 and cost 1,000,000 gold even. While I am very very good with math, most of our players really aren't. Why make it so fucking hard for them?

C) The bonuses are complete shit right now. It's not really fair for there to be a clear "best" race to play. As it is, dwarves and humans bonuses completely overpower the other races. Obviously 25% across the board wasn't right either, as it still showed humans to have a clear best bonus. Undead getting 2 bonuses is no more fair than how elves used to get 2. As it stands elves are by far the worst race to play, followed by undead, orcs, humans and dwarves. You guys are going to MIT, I assume you've had basic math classes, use what our clicks have paid for you to learn and make the bonuses even.

D) the 50 soldier bonus for new officers .... really ... have you lost your fucking minds completely? Are you absolute idiots? Seriously can you dumbasses not see the immediate multi and fake accounts you are now begging all the cheaters you allow to play your game to create? I mean jesus christ, really, why not just drop the fucking rule on multi's if your not only not going to enforce it like you don't now, but actually encouraging it while saying it's against the rule .... idiots.

Rogue_ST
31st December 2007, 04:08 PM
# get rid of races
-untrained = 0% bonus like an unshaped mold
-trained attack = 40% make them into orcs
-trained def = 60% make them into dwarf
-trained spy = 35% make them into elf
-trained sentry = 35% make them into undead
-no retraining of soldiers

# - maximum sabb of 200 weapons per sabber per 24hrs
-11 attempts per 24hrs on each player (ie no sabb turns)
-need to send 1 spy per 10 weapons with loss of spy tools if unsuccessful

#-150 max accumulation of attack turns
-successful attacks take 80%-100% gold
-larger tff attacking smaller tff gets 50-60% gold

#-Get rid of IS, BPM, NUNS
-no selling of weapons AT ALL
-have an upgrade bank only able to hold the max cost of next upgrade

#-logged in clicking increased to 10x per 24 hours to allow credit transfer
-MAKE AN IN GAME RECRUITER!!!!

#-commanders get 1 soldier per 3/4 clicked soldiers of officer

had more nut gotta go

jog1
31st December 2007, 04:55 PM
rofl @ rogue

those are like the worst ideas I've ever seen.

no race. you dumb? no more startegies? you'll train the needed soldiers for each weapons and you'll get all the bonus. that's dumb

1 spy per 10 weapon? man your really on something. Haven't you seen the big guys sabbing? they lose as much weapons sabbing then they actually sab. Now you'll lose 3 times the weapons then what your sabbing. now that's cool? I don't think so, no more wars.

no selling?
a bank for upgrades?
this sucks.

only thing I see there that's actually a good idea is the in game recruiter, Admins already said they were working on that so it's not even your idea :P

Shane-
31st December 2007, 05:05 PM
I like how all the rankers wanted tools to be sabable, But... When their are sabable, There moan because sabbers sab there sentry...

Really, Get a grib, All you rankers got what you asked for, You asked for tools to be sabable, And you got it, Live with it...

I guess everone didnt think about what side effects sabbing tools could have, And that (As proved in the beta), the tool lose created an reverse effect, Rankers are sabbing rankers, sabbers are sabbing sabbers, Beta is a sab feast, Even NJ and the top rankers are sabbing people for any or no reason

Admitly, Even i agree that the beta is insane, And that sabbing sentrys a bad idea, because in a war, Its a case of sab their sentry before their sab your spy... or sab their spy before their sab your spy

But... What i think is... If there make spy tools sabable, Then there should also make senty tools sabable, Just to keep things fair...

About unstopable sabbers? I mean WTF...

A sabber is what? Nuns, And spys... Just mass the c*unt...

Think about how many members your clan has?... On advange, A sabber will lose between 10-25 spys per hit, Thats why the sabber ususally sabs if you farm him, because he loses so much spy, Rember that number? The amount of people in your clan?... What is it? Lets say for example your from a small clan with 50 members

50 * 25 = 1250, So if all 50 of ya's attack him once aday, He'l lose 1250~ spys, So what if you all 5x1 him? The sabber will lose 6,250 spys

Whos the big sabbers of age 8?... Bon?... How many spys has Bon got, I'm pretty sure if a clan like PR, RF, a decent sized clan got all their members to all 5x1 Bon once aday, His spy number would drop alot, and if there did it for days upon days upon days, Then Bon wouldnt be able to hold all his nuns...

He'l still be able to sab some smaller accounts, But meh, Ther'l never be a way to 100% protect the really small accounts... So the whole " Sabbers cant be stoped " or " Sabbers are untouchable " thing is bullsh!t, Because all it takes is a cominated effot of a few people to hurt a sabber

Back to the numbers, Lets say your just a small chain, No alliance, a chain of friends, Only 10 accounts?...
10 * 25 * 5 = 1250 spys dead per day, Im sure a sabber wouldnt like to lose that per day,
Counter Argument is always Unit Pro, Well a sabber dosnt ususally have a large UP, 640ish, And this is the only age with 2k+ unit pro

- Admitly unit pro should be limited to 640, Because its mainly the bigish guys that end up getting 2460?2640? unit pro, Not the smaller people, So it only helps the big guys...

So everone that is complaining sabbers are untouchable, Take a step back, And relise that you can hurt them...

Age after age after age rankers try to screw sabbers, Sab turns?... Sab limits?... Sab percents?... And now tool lose...

What everone needs to relise is that clans like BSS make the game fun, Maybe being sabbed isnt fun, But when your with your own clan, In irc, With about 20-50 people, All sabbing, All attacking, Thats what the game is about, The game is about the comunity aspect of things, And wars make the clan comunity come together to unit for a common goal, And that is to damage the other clan...

In age 6, Did any of you people goto the ES private sab channel when their did there massing/sabbing? There was loads of people their, loads of sabbing, loads of attacking, loads of fun...

After all, Sitting back, Clicking, Banking, Reading messages, Banking again isnt fun... Without sabbers and wars, this game would be crap, I know that, Everone knows that, And the admins know that,

Ermmm, Im not 100% sure why i started this post, So excuse me if its abit of topic, rude, ect, Lil Drunk, So happy new year to everone lol and ermm ya thats it

Shane

snakeye
31st December 2007, 05:26 PM
I got an idea. Make different weapons have different qualities.

For instance, make a certain weapon unsabable, but also make it cost more, and make it less effective. Make another weapon super strong, but also make its repair cost higher. Make larger more powerful weapons that can be held by more than one soldier. It would make the game less even for everyone, and we can see people adopt different strategies for different reasons, instead of everyone banking BPMs and ISs.

IRGRL
31st December 2007, 06:13 PM
awsome mostly drunken post

and after u said it all, they wil still bitch lol

and sabbers wil find away around this bs as well :)

Lil_Wolfy
31st December 2007, 06:52 PM
Shane's post has to be one of the best i've ever read, i would quote it but its too long, same with putting it in my sig, i'll just have to take the bits i like i guess :P.

Borinqueneer
31st December 2007, 07:26 PM
What a really got from Shane post is that take alot of people to bring one, yeah he may lost 2k spies, but with a hour of clicking you can make that up, also with turns being so important this age cause of the cap, you will need really good friends to be spending turns plus repairs and mercs lost on one person.

tonyrodolfo
31st December 2007, 09:22 PM
What a really got from Shane post is that take alot of people to bring one, yeah he may lost 2k spies, but with a hour of clicking you can make that up, also with turns being so important this age cause of the cap, you will need really good friends to be spending turns plus repairs and mercs lost on one person.

ya it takes alot of them to take a sabber down but, you dont think 1 sabber can take out an account do ya? no it take a lot of sabbers working as a team to take out an accounts armory.

just like it would take a team to 5x1 the sabber to make him/her feel it

Borinqueneer
31st December 2007, 11:03 PM
well your right, but in wich of the next cases i give makes more damage

a sabber who sabs 10 rankers or a ranker that mas 10 sabbers.

im sure if righ now i sell everything to spy and train everyone to spy and i go crazy sabbing every ranker i see, i would make alot more damage before they can stop. Even do massing hurts a sabbers, it isnt a really afortable option for the ranker, especially those ranker with high tff and big SA.

zeshan
31st December 2007, 11:46 PM
Nice Post Shane- one of the best.

But as Viv said they will still moan about sabbing and even then sabbers will own and then again end of next age they will still complain about sabbing.

MFnBonsai
1st January 2008, 02:17 AM
lol....

had a lil nameless 10 tff account mass for 4 hrs straight last night....

32 pages of attacks and not even a break to scratch his ass or pick his nose....

but he took me from 29k spies to 12k....

unlimited attacks ftw lol....

Clowpower
1st January 2008, 02:36 AM
Hello =D

Here is my comment about Age 9 Beta Kings of chaos.

For those who doesn't know me --------- Hello guys I'm Clowpower and i'm 21. I Live in Canada in Province of Quebec. Yeah it's nice to meet you guys. I started to play kings of chaos since the begining of Age 2 and I really likes the overall game. XD XD XD

The Concept of attack turns from old ages-------- The old ages was sooooo good. Specially the way of having our attack turns. 1 attack turn per 30 mins and the max turns we use is 15 turns. I loved that concept because we were managing our attack turns. Age 2 to Age 7 attack rules was perfect for me. I think everyone was happy with managing their attack turns as me has well.

The Concept of sabotaging on players from old ages--------- The concept is great !!!!!! Sabotaging success rate is cool. I don't know the truth rate of the sabotage success it was during the old ages. Age 2 to Age 7 , You succeed or you fail. When we were failing, we lose some spies and tools. Having clan wars , sabotages wars............. It's part of the game.

The Concept of Reconning on other players--------- Reconing in my words is the best in the game because you get informed about the ennemy before you going to attack. You know your ennemy strategy and it's best to know if you are in danger or not. Another positive position is that you making friends by doing recons ( If you're in a clan ). You gives gold-hits to your friends by instant-messaging and that's fun. You help your friends. Great Job KoC Admins !!!!!!!!! XD XD XD

Age 9 Beta Comment

The way of attacking Infinite times and sabotages turns Infinite---------- My Comment are Simple............AWESOME GREAT JOB !!!!!!!! lollllllllllllll I love that. I can attack players whenever i want. At the moment , I'm not a sabber so , i'm sooo sorry because i can't say anything about sabotages.

Able to sabotages spy tools and sentry tools--------- bad bad bad , Really Really Bad. Ohhhhhh my god !!!!!!!!! this update would kill the population of kings of chaos players. Really, this thing tell me to stop playing Kings of chaos because now my sentry rating is unable to protect me against sabber anymore. I'm not experienced about sabotages wars and I need to learn more about sabotages. KoC is a war game and I need to learn what is a war. I'm noticed about war about my knowledge of the game.

My ending word of my comment about Age 9 Beta--------- Well , Beta is beta. Kings of chaos Admins are trying new things about the game. Beta is here to test things and to know if they could work good or bad in the next Age.

Kings of chaos have REVEALED their true EYE of what mean CHAOS.
( hehe i will learn what is the meaning of CHAOS ) I'm ready to learn lollllllll

In my words , I will always stay loyal to Kings of chaos because it's my real 2nd online game I play. I made a lot of friends in all over the world with kings of chaos and I like that. I like playing it and have fun.

I stay with you guys in the game.

Let's give a shot to Age 9 Beta KoC and let's see what will come with those new updates in Age 9 Beta.

-Signed-
Clowpower

Happiness is mandatory
1st January 2008, 05:29 AM
Sabbers are too powerful age 8 so lets give them even more things they can sab. No, wait! That doesn't sound right?

Basically, in my opinion, sabbing tools is very bad idea. Sure it makes sabbers vulnerable, but it also makes everyone else just as vulnerable, and we can guess who will probably have more spy.
If losing tools is necessary, rather bring back old style attack turns and introduce (very) small tool loss as result of massing.

Soldier_Worst
1st January 2008, 08:21 AM
Since many people wave with the argument "look at the amount of players in age 2 - 3 - 4", I'd like to point out An UP of 15 soldiers/day was really high those days. Reading posts here, I think many people overestimate UP.

A high UP does 2 things:
- decreases the impact of clicking and soldiers gained by officers
- makes casualties less important

If you don't click, it gives you the possibility to hold weapons still. I understand it's pretty annoying to rely on clicking if your connection is slow or if your pc isn't strong enough, but thats not the case with most players. Most just don't like to click. Personally I don't mind having no UP, if you wanna perform you need to train. Clicking or gaining officers is what makes you stronger, thats what you should do instead of claiming you should get everything for free.

I wouldn't mind to bring UP back either, although I'd like to see the amounts dropped a bit and definately not increased.
320 as max is more than enough.

--------------

Making everyone vulnerable is a very very very very very very good thing. It's easy to bigmouth if you can't be hurt much, if you do it now, you have to be able to bear the consequences. It also makes your allies and how close you are with them alot more important. Unity is power!

But.. I do agree with "sabbing tools is a bad idea". sabbing against sabbing is obviously a loop which creates problems.
Until now you had different playstyles:
- "DA whores" -> Strong against farming, weak against sabbing
- slayers -> average-weak against farming, average against sabbing
- sabbers -> weak against farming, strong against sabbing

This is only a simplified picture though (the difference between average slayers and sabbers often isn't big), but you could change your strategy due to circumstances (choosing the right strategy is one of the few skills in the game).
For example: If you are a DA whore without a huge sentry, you could change and become slayer or sabber if a war comes up.
Anyway, you couldn't make a general conclusing of which stat is the most important one, cause its different to each individual.

The "everything is sabbable" rule will make spy and sentry much more important than SA, as the power of your account depends on it. A good spy can destroy every other account. A good sentry = the most important protection stat.

But I don't wanna be too sceptical, cause although there are better solution, "everything sabbable" makes everyone more vulnerable and will make fights real again, you really can lose much. Thats definately what the game needs.

BUT, the main thing next age will be your relations!

YOUR ALLIES = YOUR LIFE INSURERANCE
(allies can be in your clan, but also out of your clan, friends, ...)

fury
1st January 2008, 10:55 AM
No UP and no clicking make fury something something...

Since clicking is more important, it really needs to be less limited

Sabbing spy & sentry tools = win, just take out the loss of tools when sabbing and it's all good. (Still lose spies, though)

No limit on attack turns & sab turns = fun! Attack until you're tired (perhaps reinstate the 5x per person limit though), sab until you're successful, everybody's satisfied. Leave it pretty much like this for the real age.

Armory: Would be best if the 4 types of weapons and 2 types of upgrades were equal in cost and strength. Also, it's much too long of an armory list these days, chop it down to 3 or 4 weapons per type, and take it from 1,000 gold/5 strength to 100,000 gold/2,000 strength. That way, nobody that hasn't yet found Greasemonkey has to divide their shit by 4 then divide each slice by the cost of the desired weapon when they go to spend a large amount of gold on everything. The offensive/defensive balance in the game should be left entirely to the race bonuses and how people choose to spend their gold, not in the cost effectiveness of the weapons and upgrades.

Slayers don't find enough gold, these days; we need to give them something bigger to chew on. Make the inactivity timeout longer so a commander with a big long list of officers can take his/her sweet time growing his/her army while they can. The last half of the game is a lot of fun for slayers because they've outgrown all of the defensive whores that have quit getting bigger. But when enough slayers outgrow the bigger whores, they find themselves hitting that same target for less and less gold.

Clan notice board would be handy, in the same fashion as the commander notice board but for everyone in the chain, so the person at the top of the chain can direct them easily enough to a forum or IRC channel for the entire clan and inform about late breaking issues. As it is, people have to organize large mass-messaging operations to send a message to everyone in the chain, for example, how to get to the board. And then if anything comes up like a war situation, it's impossible to let anyone know in due time unless they're on the boards, IRC channel, or reading their emails watching for a mass email sent to the board.

The swapping in the top ranks changes the alliance point standings too dramatically - the difference between #1 and #2 being ~34 points right there - try out something different for that, like a combined armory value in trillions or gajillions or whatever the latest high number is.

Carlos
1st January 2008, 01:20 PM
I think unlimited attack on someone is stupid. Its fun in the beta, and sure bss is using it. eg zeroidea over 1 billion sentry drop, anubis almost 4bill spy drop etc. but the fact 2-3 people can bring someone to stoneage, despite sounding fun, its stupid.
As for clicking, as clicking gets more limited, more game skills are needed, so im ok with restrictions

Habsfan
1st January 2008, 04:47 PM
I think unlimited attack on someone is stupid. Its fun in the beta, and sure bss is using it. eg zeroidea over 1 billion sentry drop, anubis almost 4bill spy drop etc. but the fact 2-3 people can bring someone to stoneage, despite sounding fun, its stupid.
As for clicking, as clicking gets more limited, more game skills are needed, so im ok with restrictions

Completely agree with the above posts.

I like the current clicking restrictions in Age 8.

Another reason why clicking shouldn't go back to age 7 rules where only those with Dynamic IP have a distinct advantage.

Henry and others always claim that anyone can have a dynamic IP, they just need to know what they are doing. Using that same logic, anyone can have an autobuyer they just need to know how to create it.

It's not an unfair advantage, right? Anyone can have one, they just need to know how to program or have friends who can. Seems just as fair to me as the dynamic IP question.

NardHipples
1st January 2008, 04:58 PM
Henry and others always claim that anyone can have a dynamic IP, they just need to know what they are doing. Using that same logic, anyone can have an autobuyer they just need to know how to create it.
having an autobuyer is cheating and you'd be banned for it, clicking multiple lists was technically against the rules but so were other ridiculous things that were never enforced and obviously not cheating. guess thats a whole debate in itself (that i will win if you wanna go there), but you are comparing apples and oranges and saying they are the same lol

i don't think anyone saying "go back to the age 7 rules" actually want the actual age 7 rules, but some variation where everyone is able to click multiple lists and at the same time its stupid to repeatedly click your own link over and over. something like this age rules with no limit on clicks per day but a 5 min limit between each list you click(the max you would be able to click anyone is once per 5 minutes). small alliances already have the disadvantage in wars and growth, give them a chance to work harder than others to keep up.

Habsfan
1st January 2008, 06:52 PM
having an autobuyer is cheating and you'd be banned for it, clicking multiple lists was technically against the rules but so were other ridiculous things that were never enforced and obviously not cheating. guess thats a whole debate in itself (that i will win if you wanna go there), but you are comparing apples and oranges and saying they are the same lol

i don't think anyone saying "go back to the age 7 rules" actually want the actual age 7 rules, but some variation where everyone is able to click multiple lists and at the same time its stupid to repeatedly click your own link over and over. something like this age rules with no limit on clicks per day but a 5 min limit between each list you click(the max you would be able to click anyone is once per 5 minutes). small alliances already have the disadvantage in wars and growth, give them a chance to work harder than others to keep up.

I guess you won't win that argument :p

Here was my comparison:
- Creating a dynamic IP takes skill, knowledge and effort (for some it takes more effort, and for others it takes less)
- Creating an autobuyer takes skill, knowledge and effot (For some it takes more effort, for others it takes less)
- Both were/are against the rules
- Hence the comparison being logical

I agree with allowing everyone to click but I also like a limitation, perhaps clicking the list 7 times a day, though I personally like 5.

NardHipples
1st January 2008, 07:14 PM
I guess you won't win that argument :p

Here was my comparison:
- Creating a dynamic IP takes skill, knowledge and effort (for some it takes more effort, and for others it takes less)
- Creating an autobuyer takes skill, knowledge and effot (For some it takes more effort, for others it takes less)
- Both were/are against the rules
- Hence the comparison being logical
like i said it comes down to the fact that creating and using an autobuyer would result in a ban and creating a dynamic IP did not. you could argue that clicking multiple lists wasn't against the rules(that's the argument i'd win if you wanna go there ;)), but there is no way in hell you could argue that for autobuyers. thats why your logic makes no sense.

clicking 7x a day doesn't help any. limiting clicking just forces bigger alliances farther and farther away from the smaller ones. in age 7 you could either work hard to run a big alliance and recruit like hell or work hard to click and claw your way up on your own. now you can ONLY run a big alliance, at least give people the opportunity to do it the other way as well. henry was the exception rather than the rule which is what a lot of people forget.

age 8 rules but with no limit per day and you are only allowed to click each link every 5 minutes ftw!

pigsfoot
1st January 2008, 07:23 PM
clicking 7x a day doesn't help any. limiting clicking just forces bigger alliances farther and farther away from the smaller ones.

Better to have limited clicking than some weirdo clicking 24/7 don't you think?

Borinqueneer
1st January 2008, 09:35 PM
i hear alot the "smaller alliances are in disavantage to the bigger one", arent they supose to be since they r smaller, big beats small, right? I think they should keep the clicking rules from this last age (8th), the top guys maybe alot further from the middle guys (altho im not sure about that), but thats how it always going to be unless they destroy the alliances, wich wont haappened.

jog1
1st January 2008, 10:00 PM

It's not an unfair advantage, right? Anyone can have one, they just need to know how to program or have friends who can. Seems just as fair to me as the dynamic IP question.

I agree with henry that anyone can get dynamic IP. I really had no idea how to have dynamic IP and I really suck with computers, so I could never click. I really thought like you that there was no way for me to get dynamic IP with my connection.

But someone finally showed me how to get it in age 8 beta. So ya that age I could click with dinamic IP, unfortunatly, only like 200 links were available so I had to change IP ALL THE TIME and it was annoying, so I was looking forward to age 8 so more links would be available. But then they put that new clicking rule for age 8 :O

Ya sucks, when someone finally explains how to get Dynamic IP, the rules changed.

Puppypower
1st January 2008, 10:30 PM
I have a dynamic IP internet connection, i can't do anything about it :(

Some things i have to point out. Sabbing spy & sentry weapons is fine by me, & i'm a sabber, but it has to be at a slower rate, because we're payin 25 k less for them then an invisibility shield & does 100/1000 damage of an invisilbilty shield. W're paying more for the amount of power, sure you can argue about the covert levels, but then what about your fortification. Please make sure they cna only be sabbed at a lower rate the SA or DA weapons.

Second, no UP ? WTF, those with half a life can't click, those on slow internet can't click, didn't we want to make this game bigger ?

Third, multiple accounts at one IP address, one of my friends & his 'DAD' got banned because they live at the same place & use the same internet, how fair is that ??? At least give a warning so they can explain. I know some people will abuse the system, but if we don't do that it spoils it for a lot of poeple, i was thinking of quitting just coz my friend got banned.

Fourth ( and last lol, dw, not to long to read) bring back the aliance setup like it was in age 8, that was great, but have a list of all the aliance ranks somewhere so those not in the top ten can check themselves out.

Think that's it for now lol

the_last_dawn
2nd January 2008, 01:35 AM
Just wanted to know if any1 can answer this question. WIll age 9 start immediately after 8? and by immediately im talking a couple of hours.

HungarianPrincess
2nd January 2008, 02:39 AM
why am I playing age 9 beta?

I dint wwanna - I was happy to finish age 8?

so wtf...

Rogue_ST
2nd January 2008, 04:16 AM
why am I playing age 9 beta?

I dint wwanna - I was happy to finish age 8?

so wtf...

well easy fix for that don't play it keep playing age 8

why doesn't someone make a guide for this ip changing thing, there is one for virtually everything else, it would benefit everyone in the end.

on another note,
The only way you will be able to bring the top 5 or 6 back to the rest of the top 100 or so would be to reduce the amount of flow on soldiers from officers.

Soldier_Worst
2nd January 2008, 04:43 AM
Some things i have to point out. Sabbing spy & sentry weapons is fine by me, & i'm a sabber, but it has to be at a slower rate, because we're payin 25 k less for them then an invisibility shield & does 100/1000 damage of an invisilbilty shield. W're paying more for the amount of power, sure you can argue about the covert levels, but then what about your fortification. Please make sure they cna only be sabbed at a lower rate the SA or DA weapons.

You cannot really compare tools with weapons, cause in order to be able to recon or sab, you need to beat the sentry, not the DA. The "power" of spy and sentry can not be compared to the "power" of SA and DA. If you raise the "strength" of the tools, the number raises, the efficiency does not cause it raises for everyone and it raises for both spy as sentry. I would like to see a "725,000 Gold weapon for sentry" too, just for fun :)

But there is 1 thing that should change now: the sell off value of tools should be equalised to the sell off value of weapons.

RMFz-
2nd January 2008, 05:35 AM
No UP means curtains for me and most of my officers if it gets implemented.

Giova
2nd January 2008, 05:40 AM
They should at least get off the spy tools losses while sab attempts if they are now sabable :) I like the ideea "no more turns" :))))))))))) I hope they will eliminate the 5 hits/day thing too so we can vanish our enemies faster though.

Long live koc admins

Bryan
2nd January 2008, 07:53 AM
Just wanted to know if any1 can answer this question. WIll age 9 start immediately after 8? and by immediately im talking a couple of hours.

Most likely within a few hours

why doesn't someone make a guide for this ip changing thing, there is one for virtually everything else, it would benefit everyone in the end.

I am pretty sure I remember Shane makin/findin one a while ago. It's here somewhere, just search GUA for it, it's there

Scooter
2nd January 2008, 09:33 AM
Its not hard to change a static IP..i have comcast cable and do it. all you need is a router..change the last number/letter of your MAC code..unplug the router and modem..wait..plug em back in. At least that is how i do it.

Anyway, my feelings:

Quit complaining about the unlimited turns in beta..we all know that wont happen in the real age. They are just letting us have some fun. They wouldnt go from 1 extreme (limited) to the other (unlimited) like that..im betting on age 7 turns. If not..i would LOVE to see mass turns.

Thankfully, the sab turns are taken away..i hated that idea. Eleven a day is good, and the % sabbable is good too.

Sabbbing spy/sent...meh...i think they should get rid of the sentry sab thing. I think its pretty pointless to even have sentry if 1 person from another chain can bump you down enough so everyone else in it can hit you. Either get rid of the sentry sab completely, or make it .01% or something. Also, if chucks are sabbable, no more weapon loss.

xAre
2nd January 2008, 09:39 AM
You cannot really compare tools with weapons, cause in order to be able to recon or sab, you need to beat the sentry, not the DA. The "power" of spy and sentry can not be compared to the "power" of SA and DA. If you raise the "strength" of the tools, the number raises, the efficiency does not cause it raises for everyone and it raises for both spy as sentry. I would like to see a "725,000 Gold weapon for sentry" too, just for fun :)

But there is 1 thing that should change now: the sell off value of tools should be equalised to the sell off value of weapons.

Tools have worse sell off value to prevent people from banking in tools for selloffs (I believe this was the admins original "update message" when they changed it).

They should at least get off the spy tools losses while sab attempts if they are now sabable :) I like the ideea "no more turns" :))))))))))) I hope they will eliminate the 5 hits/day thing too so we can vanish our enemies faster though.

Long live koc admins

Tools loss. hmm. Why not keep sabturns, but let you chose to use them or not. If you use a sabturn you don't get tool losses, but if you sab without using one you might lose some. After all I believe the tool losses are added to keep people from using autosabbers :p

As for "no more turns", that is retarded. Here is how you trash an account:
-Sab his Defence down with the few sabbers in your clan that can sab him/her
-Mass him/her when ONE member of your clan can hit him/her until the Sentry is within range of the rest of the clan
-Sab other weapons

Very dumb. Also fake-slayers could just slay all day and selloff to their real account O_o

Happiness is mandatory
2nd January 2008, 10:18 AM
on another note,
The only way you will be able to bring the top 5 or 6 back to the rest of the top 100 or so would be to reduce the amount of flow on soldiers from officers.
Not only way. Limiting number of officers player can have would have some effect too.

Or having fixed limit for soldiers you can get from officers.

Habsfan
2nd January 2008, 12:03 PM
They also need to get rid of the 100% success rate on sabbing if sab turns are unlimited.

Bring back the 11 attempts a day.

zeshan
2nd January 2008, 02:08 PM
there is no 100% success rate on sabbing HAbsfan, dunno where you got the idea from?
once or twice you may get through quite fast but not most of the time.

ITs actually quite worse this age the success rate.

chaser1
2nd January 2008, 02:28 PM
I think what habs means is that if you can beat their sentry and sab them, then you can go until you get through, meaning you have a 100% chance to get through if you have enough sab turns.

Soldier_Worst
2nd January 2008, 04:13 PM
Tools have worse sell off value to prevent people from banking in tools for selloffs (I believe this was the admins original "update message" when they changed it).

I know, but now they can be sabbed, so banking in tools or banking in weapons doesn't matter anymore.

Keneva
2nd January 2008, 06:12 PM
It's incredible how small this window is for me to type my post in... who shrunk it?

Some of this is in response to other posts and some is just my random musings.

1. Let attack turns build again, like every age I've played, except Age 8. The free for all gold-attacking frenzy at the end of ages was one of the most fun things about KoC. When people can build their attack turns, they tend to be willing to wait until targets have more gold - and that's just more fun.

2. Sure, make covert tools sabbable - and make their sell value the same percentage as for strike and defense weapons. I accept sabbing as part of the game, and I was a sabber/slayer for 2 ages. My only real beef has been that small sab accounts have been virtually untouchable.... so just give people an effective means to fight back.

3. I like the idea of cutting down on the # of weapons too. After the first couple of weeks, most people don't bother with the smallest weapons, except to bank in knives or something like that. The majority of players only buy 640 or higher, and most only buy the most expensive weapons once their accounts are established. The exception might be spy tools, when keeping a variety of tools means that you might lose a rope or hook instead of nuns.

4. If race bonuses are kept, make them more equitable.... somehow.

5. Web page stuff - 1) Fix the "Reply" function in mail. Half the time, it doesn't open a reply window, but goes to the home page. This feature has been messed up since I started playing in Age 5. 2) Fix the attack and intel logs so that we can see the past two weeks without rigging the URL. This is a new Age 8 bug.

6. Create more covert levels, or make them more expensive. Most people have Level 10 covert very quickly - long before they can build to buy the Fortification and Siege upgrades. Set it up so that it takes people longer, and costs more, to get to the top covert level.

7. Keep UP. I really, really, really hate clicking, even while I can acknowledge it as a financial necessity for keeping the game free. If this game becomes totally dependent on clicking, you'll lose a lot of people. I've been lucky to have medium-large chains the past couple of ages, so it hasn't been as critical to me as for some. However, if I were a new player and HAD to click to build my army - I'd be looking for a new game (and many people obviously have). Some have argued for lower levels of UP (320, 640, etc.), but keep in mind that the largest accounts lose a LOT more soldiers in attacks, so it takes more for us to replace what we've lost. It's pretty cost prohibitive to get the 2560 UP, and for those of us who have it, the soldiers we've gained from it probably represent a smaller % of our total than 320 or 640 do on smaller accounts. (Just a guess, you math whizzes might totally shoot that down.)

Typical attack log (by me): 3 days ago Nights_Judgement 422,975,062 Gold stolen 1,082 /18,203 16,647,343,019 21,144,656,853 details
or a defended one: 1 week ago Nights_Judgement Attack defended 1,252 /22,646 19,528,859,987 17,931,911,779 details
and one I defended for comparison: 7 days ago Nights_Judgement Attack defended 12,221 /692 12,502,791,353 12,604,949,942 details
[random note: attackers are losing a much higher number of soldiers than the defenders; only exception is hitting b00kem who has hundreds of thousands of untrained - helps explain, perhaps, while there are always so many more defense mercs available.]

By the way, most of us with huge accounts got heavily massed in the Beta, but it didn't affect our ranks really. This was mainly because of the large gap that exists between the largest 4-6 accounts and the rest - created by the current structure of the game, I think. I lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 towers before I even logged into Age 9 Beta - and still had #1 sentry. Because I have such a large account, and because NJ sold a lot of his DA for sentry - I was able to sell a lot of my SA for sentry. Harder (but not impossible) to sab me now.

Point: this was done at the end of the age, when the accounts like mine are already big, and well able to withstand the sabbing. I think the % of total value that is chosen, or whatever formula is used to determine what can be sabbed, will be crucial in how next age plays out. Frankly, it's been a mess this age. Small accounts are unsabbable, and medium-sized accounts can be wracked. Only a few people can sab my account (either one - Age 8 or Beta), but they could potentially do substantial damage because so many weapons can be sabbed. If there's a lower limit, should there be an upper limit of how much can be sabbed?

Eeeep! Didn't mean to be so wordy. ;)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Keneva

Age 5 Final Stats: Rank 327 | Top 10 Sabber | SA 3bil, DA 2.8bil, Spy 1.5bil, Sentry 1.5bil
Age 7 Final Stats: Rank 16 | SA 27.6bil, DA 23.95bil, Spy 12.2bil, Sentry 10.1bil

Leash
2nd January 2008, 06:51 PM
Strike Action 1,191,499,393 Ranked #33

Great stuff...!

It's me, Speert, the top 50 farmer :)
Sabb me all you want, i will still beat your DA :)

lol

And more on-topic:

I think the sabbing of tools needs to be tested way more, it can't just be implemented in the game with no compensation for sabbers..?
The unlimited attack turns will stop after this beta, i think every person knows that. But the sabturns? If you keep it unlimited like this, i love it :) Atleast low rank farmers and entire chains can be properly massed now. In age 8 only the big armories were payed attention to, that had to change

I

pigsfoot
2nd January 2008, 06:58 PM
It's incredible how small this window is for me to type my post in... who shrunk it?

Some of this is in response to other posts and some is just my random musings.

1. Let attack turns build again, like every age I've played, except Age 8. The free for all gold-attacking frenzy at the end of ages was one of the most fun things about KoC. When people can build their attack turns, they tend to be willing to wait until targets have more gold - and that's just more fun.

2. Sure, make covert tools sabbable - and make their sell value the same percentage as for strike and defense weapons. I accept sabbing as part of the game, and I was a sabber/slayer for 2 ages. My only real beef has been that small sab accounts have been virtually untouchable.... so just give people an effective means to fight back.

3. I like the idea of cutting down on the # of weapons too. After the first couple of weeks, most people don't bother with the smallest weapons, except to bank in knives or something like that. The majority of players only buy 640 or higher, and most only buy the most expensive weapons once their accounts are established. The exception might be spy tools, when keeping a variety of tools means that you might lose a rope or hook instead of nuns.

4. If race bonuses are kept, make them more equitable.... somehow.

5. Web page stuff - 1) Fix the "Reply" function in mail. Half the time, it doesn't open a reply window, but goes to the home page. This feature has been messed up since I started playing in Age 5. 2) Fix the attack and intel logs so that we can see the past two weeks without rigging the URL. This is a new Age 8 bug.

6. Create more covert levels, or make them more expensive. Most people have Level 10 covert very quickly - long before they can build to buy the Fortification and Siege upgrades. Set it up so that it takes people longer, and costs more, to get to the top covert level.

7. Keep UP. I really, really, really hate clicking, even while I can acknowledge it as a financial necessity for keeping the game free. If this game becomes totally dependent on clicking, you'll lose a lot of people. I've been lucky to have medium-large chains the past couple of ages, so it hasn't been as critical to me as for some. However, if I were a new player and HAD to click to build my army - I'd be looking for a new game (and many people obviously have). Some have argued for lower levels of UP (320, 640, etc.), but keep in mind that the largest accounts lose a LOT more soldiers in attacks, so it takes more for us to replace what we've lost. It's pretty cost prohibitive to get the 2560 UP, and for those of us who have it, the soldiers we've gained from it probably represent a smaller % of our total than 320 or 640 do on smaller accounts. (Just a guess, you math whizzes might totally shoot that down.)

Typical attack log (by me): 3 days ago Nights_Judgement 422,975,062 Gold stolen 1,082 /18,203 16,647,343,019 21,144,656,853 details
or a defended one: 1 week ago Nights_Judgement Attack defended 1,252 /22,646 19,528,859,987 17,931,911,779 details
and one I defended for comparison: 7 days ago Nights_Judgement Attack defended 12,221 /692 12,502,791,353 12,604,949,942 details
[random note: attackers are losing a much higher number of soldiers than the defenders; only exception is hitting b00kem who has hundreds of thousands of untrained - helps explain, perhaps, while there are always so many more defense mercs available.]

By the way, most of us with huge accounts got heavily massed in the Beta, but it didn't affect our ranks really. This was mainly because of the large gap that exists between the largest 4-6 accounts and the rest - created by the current structure of the game, I think. I lost somewhere in the neighborhood of 10,000 towers before I even logged into Age 9 Beta - and still had #1 sentry. Because I have such a large account, and because NJ sold a lot of his DA for sentry - I was able to sell a lot of my SA for sentry. Harder (but not impossible) to sab me now.

Point: this was done at the end of the age, when the accounts like mine are already big, and well able to withstand the sabbing. I think the % of total value that is chosen, or whatever formula is used to determine what can be sabbed, will be crucial in how next age plays out. Frankly, it's been a mess this age. Small accounts are unsabbable, and medium-sized accounts can be wracked. Only a few people can sab my account (either one - Age 8 or Beta), but they could potentially do substantial damage because so many weapons can be sabbed. If there's a lower limit, should there be an upper limit of how much can be sabbed?

Eeeep! Didn't mean to be so wordy. ;)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Keneva

Wow, I completely agree with everything you have just written :o and you are a girl, OMG:jawdroppe

Joking apart, nice post Keneva, and I hope you win, if you need that little bit extra to take No1 just let me know ;)

Stormrag3
2nd January 2008, 07:05 PM
this was done at the end of the age, when the accounts like mine are already big, and well able to withstand the sabbing. I think the % of total value that is chosen, or whatever formula is used to determine what can be sabbed, will be crucial in how next age plays out. Frankly, it's been a mess this age. Small accounts are unsabbable, and medium-sized accounts can be wracked. Only a few people can sab my account (either one - Age 8 or Beta), but they could potentially do substantial damage because so many weapons can be sabbed. If there's a lower limit, should there be an upper limit of how much can be sabbed?
I agree with 95% of your upper post. Congratulations. BUT
I don't agree with this(quote),
Upper limit is lame, An equal percentage for everyone makes the game interesting,
Trust me, that 1200 Shields AAT hurts you the same as 40 Shields ATT for a medium-small player. Its %.

Keneva
2nd January 2008, 08:45 PM
Stormrag3, I posed the idea as a question deliberately. Notice in the paragraph you quoted that I talked about various types of accounts. Currently, it's the smallest and the largest accounts that really don't suffer from the sab formula percentages, though at least large accounts like mine have the potential for being hurt. With the percentages as they currently are, large accounts will have to continue to (attempt to) build large sentry as a defense mechanism. Building high sentry is one thing both most of us "rankers" did this age, knowing full well that around halfway through the age, until the end, we could be sabbed for an extremely large number of weapons. With the possibility of sentry tools being sabbable, a rank account might have to try to build sentry even faster, along with the spy to sab the spy tools of any who would try to sab it down.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Keneva

Scooter
2nd January 2008, 10:46 PM
meeker 125 details

all of that for nothing...maybe they should change the success rate first...i ranged everywhere from 90 IS to 1 bpm, and got nothing out of it lol. Before you ask, i had enough spy.

PS, thanks to meeker for being my test subject, all though he didnt know it.

Habsfan
2nd January 2008, 11:33 PM
I think what habs means is that if you can beat their sentry and sab them, then you can go until you get through, meaning you have a 100% chance to get through if you have enough sab turns.

Exactly what I meant. The 100% chance has to go, it makes sabbing too easy, and less fun/skilled.

Paradiso
3rd January 2008, 02:06 AM
I think the sabbing of tools needs to be tested way more, it can't just be implemented in the game with no compensation for sabbers..?

It's the greatest change ever made. Now sabbers with nothing but spy tools can get crushed just like everyone else. There shouldn't any compensation, the admins only evened the playing field by taking away an unfair advantage.

EviLizeD
3rd January 2008, 02:55 AM
It's the greatest change ever made. Now sabbers with nothing but spy tools can get crushed just like everyone else. There shouldn't any compensation, the admins only evened the playing field by taking away an unfair advantage.

To even things out if/when spy/sentry tools are sabbable you'd have to change more.

Spys/Sentrys would have to earn the same TBG as SA/DA men, and if an unsuccesful sab still results in lost tools then so should an unsuccesful attack result in lost attack weapons.

equality is only such when it makes everyone and everything equal

incomer
3rd January 2008, 03:02 AM
make spy tools sabbable but not sentry tools, since sentry grows slower than any other stats and it is the only way anyone can protect themself from getting sabbed.

Pinturicchio
3rd January 2008, 05:50 AM
make spy tools sabbable but not sentry tools, since sentry grows slower than any other stats and it is the only way anyone can protect themself from getting sabbed.

you must be a ranker.. :)

I think the idea of sabbing sentry and spy tools is good, but I dont think it's doable... unless admins come up with a clever solution that I can think of..

what people seem to fail to see is: If sentry and spy tools are sabbable, the gaps between ranks will be even greater. What do you think top rank acconts will buy? sentry, of course.. this will result in all top rank accounts beeing unsabbable (to eachother as well) due to massive sentry whoring, and none spy whoring.. (<- 10bucks say GD gets a already built account(s) and sell it off for spy and destroys the account next age)

What people also seem to forget is that many, many, many accounts will be holding 0 weapons (and if we dont have attackturns, probably 0 men too)..
I mean, If BSS or PR or whatever gets annoyed with a player, all they have to do is mass him for 5hrs and sabb all his weapons.. lol.. I know that me for one will probably try to get people down to 0 weapons and 0 tff and I will probably be massed down to that myself..

so yah, I find these changes kinda stupid and it destroys the game for the mid rank / low rank man whoring sentry and spy cause it's safe... the only people benefitting from these changes is the top ranks.. though, looking at the changes beeing made for this age, it seems that's all the admins of the game care about..

xAre
3rd January 2008, 07:00 AM
To even things out if/when spy/sentry tools are sabbable you'd have to change more.

Spys/Sentrys would have to earn the same TBG as SA/DA men, and if an unsuccesful sab still results in lost tools then so should an unsuccesful attack result in lost attack weapons.

equality is only such when it makes everyone and everything equal

An unsuccessful attack results in damages and casualities, as does a successful one.
So you're saying a successful sabotage mission should have tool loss?

jaylweb
3rd January 2008, 07:10 AM
I think we should eliminate the sabbing of spy/sentry tools and make it so you can steal them.

Also, there should be a higher points sentry tool if the sab ratio is being increased. Not saying it has to be perfectly balanced with the spy tools, but a smaller gap would be nice. :)

Lil_Wolfy
3rd January 2008, 08:02 AM
Just something i thought of, who said that next age you'll have to change IP to click?

I mean you dont this age, its done by your account name, maybe next age all the admins will do is abolish the 5 click limit per 24 hours so unlimited clicking like they said :P

Shane-
3rd January 2008, 08:07 AM
Just something i thought of, who said that next age you'll have to change IP to click?

I mean you dont this age, its done by your account name, maybe next age all the admins will do is abolish the 5 click limit per 24 hours so unlimited clicking like they said :P

Speaking oh such, Maybe next age... Ther'l have age 7 click rule, But your' got to be logged in to click, So each person can only do a list once? :p

Shane

NardHipples
3rd January 2008, 08:39 AM
gotta have some limit so people don't just click their own over and over, like a once per 5 minute rule or somethin :D

Lil_Wolfy
3rd January 2008, 09:01 AM
Well yeah you could make it so you can only click your own once every 5 minutes but im sure thats easily done ^^

EviLizeD
3rd January 2008, 11:26 AM
An unsuccessful attack results in damages and casualities, as does a successful one.
So you're saying a successful sabotage mission should have tool loss?

Nope to maintain equality you'd have to have repair costs to spy/sentry tools after which I'm sure there would be another thing that needed leveling out, maybe I should have included some sarcasm tags, the point is whenever you give something in an attempt to equal things out in a gaome like KoC there will always be another point to balance.

Age 7's only complaints where the leanth of time it lasted and the 50 aat sab rule, so whats wrong with age 7 rules with the 50aat tweeked to 50-100 bpm aat gold value sabbable instead of redesigning the whole game and losing more and more players along the way

NardHipples
3rd January 2008, 11:51 AM
the point is whenever you give something in an attempt to equal things out in a gaome like KoC there will always be another point to balance.

Age 7's only complaints where the leanth of time it lasted and the 50 aat sab rule, so whats wrong with age 7 rules with the 50aat tweeked to 50-100 bpm aat gold value sabbable instead of redesigning the whole game and losing more and more players along the way
you should know the admins don't work that way by now. they will never stop and ask what the problems were with an age and work out ways to fix them. instead they implement shitty suggestions from poopheads like ffo and viralst0rm who just toss out ideas just for sake of having ideas.

jaylweb
3rd January 2008, 10:56 PM
I like that idea.

I fixed my post cause I said "sentry tools, but" instead of "spy tools, but". :frusty:

But my main point was that it would be awesome if you could steal weapons or tools. If there's no unit production then there should be ways of building up your army's weapons without clicking to gain gold. Think about it.

Iain
4th January 2008, 12:02 AM
But my main point was that it would be awesome if you could steal weapons or tools. If there's no unit production then there should be ways of building up your army's weapons without clicking to gain gold. Think about it.

You still need men to hold it jay ;)

The sab rules so far seem ok for me. Sure you lose a few weaps, but theres more damage you can do as well. Two things though.

UP has to stay: I dont click often, though i could if i wanted to. The UP is sometimes the only thing that keeps some people going. I know that most money is made through clicking, but thats not a reason to deprive some people who want to play.
The point about 100% sabb success rate is also valid. As long as you keep going, and have high enough stats,you will get through eventually. This takes away part of the fun of the game. So bring back the 11 turn limit.

Just my twopenneth
Iain

jaylweb
5th January 2008, 04:29 AM
I agree the unit production needs to stay. Back in the old days when there was no unit production, it was easier to click with no captchas, so it's not right that they say they took away unit production like the old days.

I still think stealing weapons or tools would be cool. Or say you attack someone and during the attack 'you find 3 battle axes that are reapairable'.

Clowpower
7th January 2008, 10:43 PM
Do i have missed an update ?

Because in the training page , i don't see the area where we can buy unit production.

I won't that Unit production would be erased. For all players , Unit production are key to the game. It make the economy fluctuation of KoC. The Economy need to stay high.

If unit production would desappear , Omg..........so we will need to use recruiters for gaining soldiers ? so we will need to be active in recruiter............I'm kinda active yes sometimes i'm not.

Unit Production must stay !!!!!!!!!

Da_D_Master
8th January 2008, 12:15 AM
Uh yer, they ditched UP, for Beta, dunno about for actual Age. And yes it needs to stay

Paradiso
12th January 2008, 03:09 PM
B00KemDAN0 117,442 Humans ??? Gold 1
Keneva 1,373,493 Humans ??? Gold 2
Spanish-Power 21,000 Elves ??? Gold 3
TonyRodolfo 7,005 Orcs ??? Gold 4

That's interesting...

Carlos
12th January 2008, 03:33 PM
i shoukld be 2, but i screwed it, i trained 20k spies when i should ahve trained senties
my sentry is now unheld haha. it is 3 held... silly 13 now