PDA

View Full Version : Break the system

Carnage
8th December 2007, 02:45 PM
I just had this kinda amusing thought. If you remember back to the days of lord striker and denny, you'll remember that there used to be a stat overflow bug where by at arround 4 billion in any stat, it'd roll arround back to 0. This was later fixed. However i suspect such a bug will still exist for the number of men.

So i started a little maths.

there are curerntly 19,832 players. round this off to 20001 and make 20000 of them join under the same guy. Then each player clicks each players link.

(20,000 X 20,000)/2 = 200,000,000

Each link can be clicked 5 times per day per player:

Done over a period of 5 days give 5,000,000,000 which is above the 4 .something billion limit. Thus at some point on the 5th day the system would roll over.

Any volunteers to try and organise this event?

Shane-
8th December 2007, 02:51 PM
Hmmm...

I guess il allow 20k players to join me (lol)

Although, knowing the admins, There got it set as varchar(255) ^^

Shane

Xzeihoranth
8th December 2007, 03:35 PM
would be fun to try. but everyone would elect themselves as The One (i vote neo lol) and u could hardly get 20,000 players to click, let alone get everyone to agree to go under 1 person. the TBG would be insane tho. One day would be well over an age's worth of gold I can imagine.

ShadowLord
8th December 2007, 03:57 PM
Well, it might be possible to organize maybe 25% of the players to do it, max, if everyone tried really hard :P But it would be hard to get the 1 billion per day that you projected, because each player would have to click 100k per day :P Not gonna happen ^_^ But it'd still be possible over the course of an age probably. Then each of those players would just have to click about 6000 per day, lol.

If it were to happen the person who got the soldiers would have to be someone that everyone likes or could be trusted to delete the account after the goal was accomplished :P

/me votes that we do it if a future age of koc sucks so much that people don't want to play it for real xD

Lil_Wolfy
8th December 2007, 04:12 PM
I thought it would also be amusing if all the TR would sell off to Keneva and then she would buy all sticks, i bet that would break the system too ^^

Carlos
8th December 2007, 04:40 PM
let me be the one! ill promiss ill do my ebst to end #1

FirePenguins
8th December 2007, 10:58 PM
lol
I'd come back and play for an event like this. I might even click a little too, or just be the one account. If other people were in on it I would be down for clicking like mad for a week and trying to get some one up there. Problem is most of KoC wont be :(

boriszima
9th December 2007, 10:25 PM
hehe funny idea. i am pretty sure admins did fix the bug and hopefully changed other variables

we shall all join under one person and give him many soldiers.

Carnage
10th December 2007, 05:07 PM
in their position, i wouldn't have changed the men database field. Defining it as anything other than an int would be inefficient since its unlikly that anyone will ever get up that far considering you'd need ~1000x the most men anyone has ever had.

The other thing you have to think is... the da on that account would be ~25 billion without any weapons...

also it may well be possible over an age to exceed the new max stat values...

Xzeihoranth
10th December 2007, 07:06 PM
easily. Humans with 4billion TFF=136billion TBG (34 gold per soldier right?) That is easily a huge sell every hour. That means easily a trillion DA every day.
Of course that's once 4billion TFF is reached, but still that is a massive ammount of gold.

Hansscherff
11th December 2007, 02:41 AM
You expect me to click 100k a day?? I never even clicked that much in one age lol.

fury
1st January 2008, 11:07 AM
This would be more plausible if there were an incentive to clicking anymore. The biggest draw to KoC in Age 3, and the main reason there were so many people to generate Denny's record 8m soldiers, was that so many people thought there would be a prize at the end for top players and certain random players like there was in Age 2. There were more people in the PR chain in Age 3 than there are playing now.

Of course, since there is a beta, we could ask the admins to make one player (perhaps some anonymous/inactive player) the commander of everybody, and unlimit clicking and see what happens.

* i'd volunteer for the job but I already owned in two betas, can't be arsed anymore :P