PDA

View Full Version : Murajiburu Tavern

Phoenix Ash
7th December 2007, 04:47 PM
Tavern thread for OOC talking for Istar's clan. Istar gets first post.

Darth_Armando
7th December 2007, 10:44 PM
YAY first to post.

Anyway, to business. Istar here is the link to my chars new sheet:

http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=1058371#post1058371

Please go over it and tell me how many points i get in the jutsu categories. All i have left to do are the jutsu.

DragonLord
13th December 2007, 11:29 AM
Though I know Istar is supposed to have posted first, I feel compelled to ask . . .what the heck's going on?

Deus Ex Machina
13th December 2007, 11:33 AM
I presume he's typing up some really big introduction, so if you're patient...

...I could be proved totally wrong and it turns out that he's just been goofing off. How could I know?

If he doesn't send out anything before I log off for the night, I'll send him a PM to ask.

Legion
13th December 2007, 01:59 PM
From what I understand, Istar's boggled down with finals and mod work. Real life intervened is all. >.>

Istar
13th December 2007, 08:14 PM
Legion had it correct, I just finished my last final roughly an hour and a half ago (I pwnd it, fyi). That means that I will now have the time to begin looking over all character sheets, make my own, and write up all the basic information for both the main clan thread as well as the tavern. I think I'm going to C&P the basic clan info into the main thread now and will get to work on an IC intro post to get things started. Things are difficult for me because my internet access at home is now pretty much gone, my work schedule for the next couple weeks is...I don't even want to go there, and with all the pushes in deadlines for the BA mod-work I've got a lot of responsibilities to deal with for this last half of the month.

I might as well get this out of the way now, though:

This is the official tavern for the Murajiburu, Village of Hidden People. This thread is reserved for current and potential clan members only. Posts in the thread should be strictly reserved for OOC discussion, application, and general clan questions: please don't tell the clan about what you did this weekend. Being a mod, I reserve the right to pull out my Warning Spear if need be to stop unwanted activity within the tavern.

Legion
15th December 2007, 06:21 AM
I suppose I could try and help out a little. So here's a list of all the bloodlines and Bijou we've got by now. v.v; It may not be accurate since not everyone has their profile up yet, but I think it's pretty up-to-date.

Murajiburu bloodlines
Jigan, - Ryushin Asura - (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=839666#post839666), owned by Lord_Asiram. Pupil-based bloodline which falls between the Byakugan and Sharingan.
Yumetou, - Kiara Amagi - (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=60907), owned by Legion. Illusion-based bloodline.
'Chan Defectory', - Chuk Chan - (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=61002), owned by Rhinohide. Rock Lee!! xD
Byakugan, - Kenzo Rishi - (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=61239), owned by Darth Armando.
Sharingan, - Jurai Takenashi - (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=45706), owned by Van.

Tailed Demons
Nine-tails, (no profile yet), reserved by Istar.
Miles Tails, two-tailed fox, owned by Sega.:banana2:

Unofficial bloodlines
IE, ninja characters out there which aren't part of the clan, or do not yet exist in profile.
ALPHA bloodline, - Kirasagi Nikita - (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=58464), owned by Legion.
Some pupil bloodline I'd like to do based on - this picture. - (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/DarkLegionGUA/Scans/Ninja_girl.png) I was thinking about making some kind of mind reading / clairvoyant bloodline to compensate for Kiara. >.>

JIGAN, LEGION. IT'S F*&%ING JIGAN. lrn2spell
How the hell did I miss that!? ><

Van
15th December 2007, 12:34 PM
So we are allowed to use our CL characters in this? Cause as far as im seeing, that is how its going.

My CL char (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=45706) though i plan on editing the history and the such.

Darth_Armando
15th December 2007, 03:31 PM
Just a side note for Istar, if we have uneven teams for the new people to make squads I can come up with a few new characters to even things out.

pinballwizard420
15th December 2007, 06:52 PM
JIGAN, LEGION. IT'S F*&%ING JIGAN. lrn2spell

Anyway, I is reporting for duty.

Istar
15th December 2007, 10:38 PM
CL Characters will be usable, but are required to have edited histories. Again, guys, I'm sorry I've been so swamped, but *assuming my internet connection is around tomorrow* I am off work tomorrow and will spend my day on this clan. Expect big things.

Legion
16th December 2007, 05:31 AM
Just a side note for Istar, if we have uneven teams for the new people to make squads I can come up with a few new characters to even things out.
Are we going to use four-person squads? >.>? 'Cause I'm already working on a way to make my main character controllable which doesn't rely on Asura knocking her out whenever she's going beserk (I'm pretty sure the Jigan tops the Yumetou, anyhows). Which happens to be in the form of another character. Not to mention there are still people in the clan which haven't yet posted their character's profiles.

Yay, that means I've got to control three characters, two of which inhabit the same body. I really am losing my sanity, aren't I?

lrn2spell
More like 'lrn2read'. I already thought Istar said he'd work on the clan, except big things. >.<

Legion, he meant you mispelled "Jigan" in that last post.
The output is by definition wrong if the input is interpreted wrong, Istar. If I think you say except instead of expect, that's a case of 'lrn2read'. The same goes for 'Jigan' and 'Jidan'.

Istar
16th December 2007, 12:16 PM
Legion, he meant you mispelled "Jigan" in that last post.

Oh, and to answer Darth's question: Heck yes, you will be allowed to make more than one character. Most especially if I'm having problems filling in squads.

Also, just to let you know, I have begun all my work answering pms and the like. I'm gonna make my character sheets and work on going over all of yours and write an IC intro for the main thread. That, and I have to write up the "True Genius" quiz, while at the same time making certain aspects of the clan a little easier for the people with little knowledge of Naruto to understand the clan.

**EDIT**

Okay, I just posted the basic information for my new character Takeda Shinkei (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=1061838#post1061838), who serves as the ambassador to Tsukigakure (our village) from their new ally: Sutagakure. I will add the history now, but I wanted to be sure everybody got to see just the basics of what I wanted from a character sheet. Feel free to put your own twists on the template.

Also, just because I've gotten a few pms on the subject:

Academy Students get 15 points to start
Genin get 30 points to start

That is because, ideally, you would spread them out evenly between the three key areas so that you have, at least, D-rank level in every skill area.

Once I'm done the history for my first character, I will put up a few things to help clarify things for people with no Naruto knowledge.

**EDIT**

You should all see that I've posted in your character sheets if there was a link available to me. I will now begin working on a way to simplify things for those who have no knowledge of Naruto. Shinkei is also now complete.

**EDIT**

If you don't know anything about the way the Naruto-universe fighting system works, it is now in this (http://www.giveupalready.com/showpost.php?p=1061081&postcount=3) post under "Things you might not know yet"

Darth_Armando
16th December 2007, 08:10 PM
Quick question... what site do you use for you Japanese translations Istar cause I saw that some of your own creations had been translated?

Secondly, are we gonna count Ice jutsu (ninjutsu) as a seperate thing or is it gonna be a sub-division of water?

Istar
16th December 2007, 08:19 PM
Actually, I didn't use any original creations. I just edited descriptions I got from online jutsu lists.

As for Ice, that's an elemental fusion requiring the Kekkei Genkai Hyoton in order to merge Water and Wind.

Angel
16th December 2007, 09:06 PM
So, yeah, I'm a little late coming, but I'm here now. You saw my profile; now I just need to finish it.

Legion
17th December 2007, 12:57 AM
So, yeah, I'm a little late coming, but I'm here now. You saw my profile; now I just need to finish it.
*Stares, then starts poking in chibified form.*

Chibi..? Can I has a jutsu out of that? XD

- XD XD XD Mass Chibi technique! - (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/Seraphim413/1196632171042.jpg)

Character Approved pending you add some connection to the village and re-format the Kekkei Genkai to match the one from Kiara.
Yar. Although I'm still not sure how the history's gonna look like with only two people ever having had the bloodline (not counting any clones Nikita might've created which may or may not have led to other things).

Eeeeh, what? I'm afraid I don't quite understand, Istar. I planned Nikita (this is what you posted under her sheet) to be a rogue ninja and not neccarily part of the clan. Or do these stats apply only when I use Nikita for Murajiburu clan business? ~.~ 'cuz... If she has been around longer than two of the Konoha sennin combined, chunin sort of seems low.

And finally, there's one thing I'd like to know; when I say the Yumetou influences all senses, how many sense do you think the human body has, Istar?

What was 'mass' again in Japanese? >.<

Deus Ex Machina
17th December 2007, 08:46 AM
...I'm feeling rather abandoned. I seem to be the only one gonig for a character that is a grad... and he also seems to be the only one that could turn evil. -_-

Anyway, I do have an actual question; may I keep my bloodline secret until it actually occurs, or does it have to be revealed to all? If it's the latter, can I compromise (y'know, like by sending you (Istar) the bloodline)?

DragonLord
17th December 2007, 07:56 PM
Well, I'm working on a character.

Slowly . . .

I'll get there. >.<

Angel
18th December 2007, 12:16 AM
*Stares, then starts poking in chibified form.*

- XD XD XD Mass Chibi technique! - (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/Seraphim413/1196632171042.jpg)
*Pokes the chibi-Legion while in chibi-mode himself*

The adjective you're looking for is Tajū.

Legion
18th December 2007, 01:48 AM
...I'm feeling rather abandoned. I seem to be the only one gonig for a character that is a grad... and he also seems to be the only one that could turn evil. -_-
The first of my two characters can go beserk and tear up everything around her. The other is, by all accounts, a foreinger from an enemy country (granted, they moved in 90 years ago, but still. How many Water ninja would have Fire chakra?). My third ninja character isn't even officially part for the clan. And there is a chance that Istar's character goes berserk as well, although that has consequences of the global kind.

Not to mention that with my activity, Istar would bust me to Academy student so fast it'd make Rock Lee look slow. Without weights. XD Abandoned? I think not.

The adjective you're looking for is Tajū.
Thanks. >.>

Now all I need to do is figure out how to activate the Red Eyes, work out her weapons and other stuff, work on the personal history of my char (well, write it out, mostly), resize that picture and wait until Istar disapproves of her. <.< YAR!

Deus Ex Machina
18th December 2007, 08:47 AM
Eternal Sunlight (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=61469). I love irony.

The first of my two characters can go beserk and tear up everything around her. The other is, by all accounts, a foreinger from an enemy country (granted, they moved in 90 years ago, but still. How many Water ninja would have Fire chakra?). My third ninja character isn't even officially part for the clan. And there is a chance that Istar's character goes berserk as well, although that has consequences of the global kind.

Not to mention that with my activity, Istar would bust me to Academy student so fast it'd make Rock Lee look slow. Without weights. XD Abandoned? I think not.

My character is... somewhat less creative. >.> I've more or less stolen Poe's 'Red Death' idea and based him around it with his family being forged around the Nazi 'Master Race' ideals. His bloodline is even gonna center around it (The Red Death, of course. Not the Nazi's. >.>)... but that's all I'm sayin' 'bout it for now.

Anyways, I've got another question; can we use our own custom-made weapons, or do we have to use whatevers in the list? 'n case you were wondering, I wanted to give mine claws when he get's out of his 'Student' grade.

EDITSLOL: My question has been rendered irrelevant, as it has already been answered in DragonLord's template. Cheers.

DragonLord
18th December 2007, 09:31 AM
Lets see what y'all think. One Character ready for judging!

http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=1062660#post1062660

CrazyXAM
18th December 2007, 12:19 PM
Thank you Istar for taking this over, I need to make my character now. Do I start off at academy student also? (One question at a time Max)

Legion
19th December 2007, 01:44 AM
Thank you Istar for taking this over, I need to make my character now. Do I start off at academy student also? (One question at a time Max)
Istar's the one who calls the shots, but... I think you can start off as a Genin. o.O It at least gives you something to write about in the history of your character (nevermind the fact that my first character had to be Genin just to cut even with her stats).

On another note, - Ai is pretty much done, - (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=1061729#post1061729) pending the outcome of the True Genius application (not that I'm gonna succeed in that). The only two things I've yet to do is fill in the history (which is pretty straight forward) and resize her portrait, but that's just a cosmetic thing. If you have comments so far (or think something is horribly wrong), please PM me.

Lastly, Istar... Since I plan to use Nikita only for raids or anti-hero stuff, do I really have to modify her to fit the clan's template?

Istar
19th December 2007, 11:39 AM
DragonLord and Deus, see your character sheets and pms for the answers to your questions (since DL is being a dick and not IM'ing me back :P)

Max, nobody is required to start as an Academy Student. I put the option in there for people who (for some reason) wanted to RP a character that's around the age of 7-10. Everybody else starts as a Genin with 30 points for free allocation (Academy Students get 15). If you are anything else, meaning a character from the old clan that's been adapted for this one (which means, yes, you CAN use Rikana), I assign your rank and points based on the history and what I know of your writing.

Legion, no you don't have to change Nikita. She was the last char I looked at that day and I was being...lazy, so you could say that my interpretation of her character sheet reflects that laziness. As for the True Genius applications that you are waiting on...I'm still trying to finish them (who would've thought that'd be so hard to make?)

DragonLord
19th December 2007, 05:14 PM
And so the first clan spar begins. :D

CrazyXAM
22nd December 2007, 03:26 PM
My Char (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=1064115#post1064115)

All right, do I have to have my character evaluated before I can post in the main thread?

Just because Legion mentioned something about not having her char approved, but she was going to post anyways.

pinballwizard420
22nd December 2007, 08:05 PM
Just FYI Max, Legion's a dude.

I'm gettin' my char done tonight, provided that I have webernets long enough to do so.

Angel
22nd December 2007, 10:17 PM
Seriously. How long have you been here and you don't realize that?

Any takers for a simple mission? I'll need one or two others besides Absolution since I'm sure he's most likely interested and his spot is reserved (unless he says he doesn't want it).

Legion
23rd December 2007, 03:35 AM
I'll pass. The only character I've got is Kiara and she's more of a hindrance than anything else without Ai.

Just because Legion mentioned something about not having her char approved, but she was going to post anyways.
Yes well... Kiara is the ninja equivivalent of Megami after she had suger. Or Ali's drunken Faerie. In other words, if I didn't have some other means to control her, she'd be like Naruto with ADHD on steroids. Until approved I'm not gonna use Ai for official business (since I still have to wait for the TG application). Although it might be nice to have a little comedyish character compared to the rest of the super-serious ninjas, it might also be a tad much. Besides, all I really need to do is Ai's history and since you're all sneaky ninjas you already should've figured out the large lines of her life via her bloodline history and personality.

Also.

CrazyXAM is right. Ever since that Ramna gun incident on the TU/e, I've been a raging lesbian, along with half the staff who happened to get caught in the blast of the overloaded particle accelerator. I don't want to talk about it though. . In fact, I'm not supposed to talk about it.

DragonLord
23rd December 2007, 06:22 AM
Yes I do want my spot, thankee. :P After all, yer my boss.

CrazyXAM
23rd December 2007, 03:06 PM
Seriously. How long have you been here and you don't realize that?

I knew that, I didn't notice I typed that, I hardly ever look at what I type over again over again over again.

Where's Istar?

I'll take a spot in that mission If my character get's approved. ;)

Legion
24th December 2007, 06:09 AM
Where's Istar?
I don't know... The Treehouse has also been awfully quiet and I think GUA is having DNS problems again. Maybe he can't get on?

Or it's because of him visiting family over christmass. ._.; That's also a possibility.

Darth_Armando
24th December 2007, 01:06 PM
I'll take the spot, my jounin is approved. assuming you don't give it to max, which would also be fine.

CrazyXAM
24th December 2007, 04:50 PM
I'll need one or two others besides Absolution

It doesn't matter If I get the spot because, Angel said he needed two people.

DragonLord
26th December 2007, 03:20 PM
I'm sure Angel can fit both of ya in easily enough. :)

Angel
29th December 2007, 12:39 AM
I can, but I'm still working out what's going to happen. I'll send out a notice when I'm ready to start. Abs, Max, and Darth are all welcome to join me.

Fenrir
30th December 2007, 03:40 PM
could i please join this slightly naruto-esct <.< >.> role play?

Legion
31st December 2007, 01:25 AM
could i please join this slightly naruto-esct <.< >.> role play?
I think you can, if you make a character which fit the requirements presented - here. - (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=61229) If you need help, I'm certain we'll help if you ask nicely. Unfortunately, Istar appears to be out of sorts and he leads the clan so I can't say I'm 100% certain.

Come to think of it, who is second-in-command, when Istar is away?

Fenrir
31st December 2007, 08:19 AM
ill take that as a temp yes....

*gets to work making character*

Istar
31st December 2007, 12:13 PM
*Comes in flailing wildly* Many, many, many apologies my friends! I know it must look awful for a clan creator to randomly disappear after so many promises of activity and such, but I promise you that I will make ammends in all ways possible! I couldn't log onto GUA for like 3 days and then my internet vanished. I will need a moment to catch up reading all the tavern posts, so expect multiple edits to this post. I will clearly mark them.

**Edit**

Yes, yes, Fenrir you are MORE than welcome to the clan! Anyone is welcome to join, we do not exclude anyone.

Legion...do you seriously want me to try and assign responsibilities? As I recall...you fear them almost like the plague. I think I will take some time before I name a "second-in-command", if you don't mind. I will exercise more options for net access in the future, so as to not need one at the moment.

Angel, when you start this mission, send me a link so I can keep track and assign you all points for your activity.

To all awaiting char sheets: I will begin viewing them and post approval/comments in them.

Fenrir
31st December 2007, 01:28 PM
thank u istar ^^

*still making charicter*

Legion
31st December 2007, 02:03 PM
Welcome to the clan, Fenrir. :) Good luck on that char of yours.

*Comes in flailing wildly* Many, many, many apologies my friends!
No need to apologize for that, I think. >.> I've done worse things (and gotten away with it).

Legion...do you seriously want me to try and assign responsibilities? As I recall...you fear them almost like the plague.
Did you seriously think that I thought that you had considered me fit for leading? I figured you'd pick Abs or Angel, they're the ones with experience leading forums. And I don't fear the responcibilities, just the inevitable screw-ups that will come when they are handed to me.

This is one of your shinobi mind games to trick me into agreeing to take such a position, isn't it? 'cause I have pencils and I'm not afraid to use them! BEWARE THE ORBITAL CHIBI CANNONS, FOR THEY TASTE GOOD WITH KETJEB!

I think I will take some time before I name a "second-in-command", if you don't mind. I will exercise more options for net access in the future, so as to not need one at the moment.
Okay, just checking.

Hey, I'm not leading nothing, Legion! *laughs* I'm just a genin bum . . .
Your character is a Genin bum, you are the one responcible for creating (and I presume, running) Tal'Vorn. That's no small feat. Angel has been (or still is? I'm out of the loop) part of the council of SRPC when Doc was rebuilding it. I'm just a lesser god of Suffering with a big-ass sword through my chest.

Besides, I don't think you need a character for handling OOC things when Istar's internet has lost connection. O.o

DragonLord
31st December 2007, 02:07 PM
Hey, I'm not leading nothing, Legion! *laughs* I'm just a genin bum . . .

Anyhow, welcome back Istar!

Fenrir
1st January 2008, 02:21 PM
http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=1067284#post1067284

theres my character, finally ^^

Fenrir
2nd January 2008, 06:58 AM
so what do people think of my character then? any gd?

Fenrir
2nd January 2008, 10:02 AM
*checking something*

Legion
2nd January 2008, 10:49 AM
Oi, Fenrir, would you mind not double-posting? I know GUA is slow at times, but it's not considered a good thing to post three times in rapid succesion (rapid here being any time shorter than a month or so). If you want to add something to your post at a later moment, you can use the edit button located at the lower right of your post (where you'd find the quote and reply buttons on anyone else's posts).

I'll take a look at your character now, although I have to ask... What sort of experience do you have, RP-wise? The character, at first glance, strikes me to be something of a Mary Sue or a newbie character (that's not neccarily a bad thing though; none of us had perfect characters the first time we RPed. Not without a great deal of help though).

Come to think of it, - Here's Ai. - (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=61418) Feel free to look through her profile (or not) and please tell me if there is something you think is wrong. Other than the lack of personal history because I'm a slacker that way.

Any help on the translation of 'Red Eyes' to Japanese would be highly appreciated, but the reward will only consist of my grattitude and possibly a pos-rep.

Okay, I've read through your character, Fenris, except for the history since you said you haven't quite adapted it yet to fit the clan. I'll have to admit it's not one of the best profiles I've seen, but on the other hand there are some here who have turned profile making something into an art. Standarts differ from person to person (and from one forum to another). And please remember I do not want to offend you; only to help.

Istar has the final word on it, though. I can only give you advice and I might be mistaken myself.

First off, I can see that you really like the legendary wolf of the Viking mythology, but to name your character after it in a Naruto setting is sort of... Odd. Especially if both your first and last name refer to the beast.

Secondly, and this is something rather important; you're only supposed to have two types of elemental chakra, unless you have the Sharingan (and you'll need to ask Van's permission to have that bloodline because it means your character is related to his. Clan rules). The Hyouton is not even considered a chakra type here, but a bloodline limit (the ability to use Wind and Water chakra at the same time). Same goes for Eye techniques; they're considered bloodlines for our clan.

Finally, there is something which disrupts the logic board part of my brain;

Zetsojutsu (sword techniques that require chakra)

D-rank
hack and slash ~

the user knows the basic forms of swordsmanship, he can hold his own in combat with a sword and is above the level of you’re normal combatant.
I removed the colour for readability. Not every colour is equally readable on every skin except for the default one. If Fenris knows the basic forms of swordsmanship (and this leads me to believe he doesn't yet know the advanced forms), it makes sense that he can hold his own in combat against an opponent of simular strength. However, what doesn't make sense to me is how simply knowing the basics allows you to be above the level of a normal combatant. I might be misreading this, but wouldn't that require at least some advanced techniques?

Fenrir
2nd January 2008, 02:23 PM
first of, apologies for double posting.

i get where ur coming from and all advice is welcome ^^

and indeed the naruto story follows the rule that most people can only usual perform 2 kinds of element Ninjutsu

theses are ones "natural elements" as i'm sure those who have read the later manga will know.

BUT it is physically possible to learn ANY kind of Jutsu, you simply need to know to which balance you must place your "stamina" and your "chakra" to get the desired result.

as Fenrir is from a fire based village originally he is familiar if not adept with Katon Jutsu

aside from this his "natural elements" are Futon and Raiton, wind and lightning Jutsu.

this is how he is able to perform Katon Jutsu.

although he will never be good at them, therefore being unable to perform Jutsu like the grand fireball.

of course if Istar wishes to stick strictly with 2 elements then that is fine and i shall remove the Jutsu from his list.

and if Istar is NOT going to and agrees that those from certain villages would have a basic use of particular elemental Jutsu that suits that village then... most of you're characters should be able to use water release i would Imagen.... but w/e up to the boss man ^^

now to address the busyness of Fenrir, don't like the last name? you're thoughts are noted.

now to the busyness of the Lupusgan, i understand fully that it would count as his Kekkai Genkai. i placed the Dojutsu in an aproariate place as Dojutsu is a type of Ninjutsu ^^
i'm not sure what else you where trying to tell me there.

and no Lupus is not Chinese its Latin X_X

read over you're character. and i see why you "commented" on my blatant lack of skill at RPing, this would be the second site i'v RPed on. you might say (and i get the feeling somone will . ) that I'm a noob.
and the only help i can lend as toward the red eyes name is that "gan" means eye.

Sharin meaning spinning wheel and Byacu meaning white (altho some say it means evil)

the history except for the intro is fully immersed into this world so far as i know

if i missed any of you're points say so.

and thanks for commenting... Even critasism can be made constructive ^^

*goas of to mumble about being a noob*

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z214/trentaran/Lupusgan.jpg

DragonLord
6th January 2008, 05:39 PM
Soooooo, can we assume that Istar died again? And if so, Angel, where's this quest you were thinking of?

Cause, seriously, letting this clan die is not on my list of things to do.

Angel
7th January 2008, 08:30 AM
Sorry for being dead. I'll put it up either today or tomorrow.

Istar
9th January 2008, 12:10 PM
Fenrir, see the post I made in your character sheet. If you have any other questions, please pm me with them.

DL, I'm still alive, and if you managed to catch a glance at my sig, you'll understand that I got hit by a truckload of RL after New Years.

DragonLord
9th January 2008, 12:51 PM
Tis ok, Istar, I'll let ya off. :p

Istar
9th January 2008, 12:56 PM
POAST!!! You complain that I'm not around and you haven't POASTED!

Okay, for serious, post in the spar you lazy brit.

DragonLord
9th January 2008, 01:11 PM
Already have, insolent USA brat. :P

Fenrir
10th January 2008, 10:08 AM
*sigh*

that was a bad day. and i resent the term noob, i much prefure beginner >D

peace anyway

CrazyXAM
10th January 2008, 03:34 PM
Did Fenrir quit because he didn't get his char approved? Newbs these day. Fricking seriously Angel hurry up, I'm getting bored sitting reading books all day. Oh yeah did I need to make a list of all the Jutsu I know?

Deus Ex Machina
11th January 2008, 09:07 AM
Did I need to make a list of all the Jutsu I know?

I don't intend to do so yet. I'm keeping them secret so I can hopefully surprise people in battle. After all, regardless whether or not people know of a characters moves OOC-ly or IC-ly, that knowledge will influence their decisions and, on the whole, would be a lot less fun than this method.

So, once I've had my character explain his Jutsu in the thread while (or after) using it, I will include the definition in his profile, which is also (more or less) what I'm doing for his history. A more interesting way of working, no? Oh, and please, don't bother coming to the conclusion that I will somehow cheat using this method. I mean, c'mon, it's RP-ing. How sad would you have to be to cheat in an RP?

So. Anyway. Anyone up for a spar or... what have you?

EDIT: By the way... just had an interesting idea concerning how the battles could be fought. I'll PM it to you, Istar, when I've typed my idea into some kind of coherent message.

Angel
12th January 2008, 10:51 PM
I know I said it would be up soon, but stuff happens, like homework and college. I have two English classes this semester, and one physics lab that requires a paper every week. Give me a break, guys; school comes before GUA.

Fenrir
14th January 2008, 03:24 PM
im brain dead and my history fell through... blast need to think oh what to put now... double blast >.<

Istar
14th January 2008, 03:56 PM
Did Fenrir quit because he didn't get his char approved? Newbs these day. Fricking seriously Angel hurry up, I'm getting bored sitting reading books all day. Oh yeah did I need to make a list of all the Jutsu I know?
No, you don't. I did, for the sheer purpose of doing it.

How sad would you have to be to cheat in an RP?
It would be very sad, and I would become angered. You wouldn't want to see me when I'm angry.

EDIT: By the way... just had an interesting idea concerning how the battles could be fought. I'll PM it to you, Istar, when I've typed my idea into some kind of coherent message.
Um, okay, I'm always up for a new idea or two. Check out my spar with DL if you want to see how I've been doing it so far.

I know I said it would be up soon, but stuff happens, like homework and college. I have two English classes this semester, and one physics lab that requires a paper every week. Give me a break, guys; school comes before GUA.
Take your time. You're right, school before GUA.

**EDIT**

Also, any remaining clan members, please post your intros asap. I'm trying to get a running tally together and figure out how to place everybody for the first major clan even that I've got figured out :D

Legion
15th January 2008, 12:20 PM
I've written this in my signature but I tend to turn those off so... Due to the fact that I'm an idiot, I will not be online as much as I'd like to be. I don't how long it will be until I have normal access again, but from the way it's looking it won't be for a long while.

CrazyXAM
16th January 2008, 10:44 PM
I seriously don't need to post, I feel. Not until there is some direct contact within the Academy.

Istar
17th January 2008, 12:08 PM
@ Legion: DAMMIT! Okay, that's cool. Just come back when you are able.

@ Max: No...POAST!

@ Everyone: With the introduction of Asiram's character, Asura, we are finally knocking on the doorstep of the first MAJOR clanwide event.

If you read his post you will notice he is a renegade ninja from the Village Hiding in Darkness, Yamigakure, which is across the sea in the Dark Country (see the map). They are QUITE mad that he has left the village and want him back, dead or alive, at any cost. The understanding of this will soon unfold, leading to only one logical conclusion: Pre-Emptive Assault on Yamigakure.

Now, I haven't finalized HOW this is going to work, as I have a lot of good things to discuss with Deus_Ex_Machina at the moment: but I'm looking at getting this puppy started pretty soon, maybe around my birthday next month (Feb. 7th...I expect pms of love and adoration)

I can only say this: GET FREAKING EXCITED FOR THIS EVENT!

CrazyXAM
18th January 2008, 07:09 AM
So do I help Asiram or go play w/Deus? Is someone w/a higher level status going to help him?

Deus Ex Machina
18th January 2008, 07:31 AM
From the looks of things, someone has already taken care of business (http://www.giveupalready.com/showpost.php?p=1075326&postcount=13).

Killing them outright was a bit of a waste, though... they could've been a valuable source of information. After all, people typically only want other people 'at any cost' if they have something important, and the phrase 'dead or alive' implies that it's either something in his possession or in his blood. Shame...

Anyway, 'f ye wanna fight me, I'd be more than happy to. I was beginning to think that no one had noticed that part of my post. >.>

Istar
24th January 2008, 03:25 PM
Deus, anybody knows that someone who holds themselves to a certain honor-code would feel bound to reveal the reason he is being pursued. Especially when he arrives in a vulnerable position that allows for easy manipulation.

Max, you can play with whomever you want - The more activity, the more points. Speaking of which, I really need to finish copying all of your scores down on paper to keep track of stats for the clan.

Deus Ex Machina
25th January 2008, 05:37 AM
Deus, anybody knows that someone who holds themselves to a certain honor-code would feel bound to reveal the reason he is being pursued. Especially when he arrives in a vulnerable position that allows for easy manipulation.

He may not adhere to any specific honor-code, or he could twist any he has for his own ends. Even appearing vulnerable could be nothing but a mask to lull another into a false sense of easily-controlled dominance; a quick glimpse at Asura's personality gives the impression he would be capable of doing this without any moral qualms.

Anyway, if you are up for a spar with me XAM (since you haven't responded to my acceptance), shall I make the thread?

Fenrir
25th January 2008, 01:22 PM
sorry i haven't modded my charicter sheet yet if anyone cares, been busy and a different story line wont come to me >.>

if u need any more for the event then ill do a patch job, just say so, if u need me to participate.

CrazyXAM
25th January 2008, 02:28 PM
Not going to spar wit ya Deus. To inactive.

pinballwizard420
25th January 2008, 02:37 PM
Yeah, YOU are. Mind you, Deus Ex does stuff in DS.

Anyway, anyone else feel like posting in the actual clan thread? That would be freakin' amazing.

Angel
25th January 2008, 06:02 PM
Well, there's not much for me to do in a post there, so I'll leave it up to everyone else.

Legion
26th January 2008, 06:12 AM
@ Legion: DAMMIT! Okay, that's cool. Just come back when you are able.
Will do. I hope.

(Feb. 7th...I expect pms of love and adoration)
oO; There was something funny I wanted to say about it but I forgot. Which of you sneaky ones stole my joke?!

sorry i haven't modded my charicter sheet yet if anyone cares, been busy and a different story line wont come to me >.>
I know the feeling. I still have to finish Ai's history which I actually have thought up but somehow I can't be bothered to write it down. >.< And, speaking of modding characters, I have actually come up with an answer to what a Cursed Seal (but only a specific, unique cursed seal I totally yoinked from some place *shifty eyes.*) would do to a Red Eyes user like Ai. Istar, expect a PM of genetic technobabble in the future.

Well, there's not much for me to do in a post there, so I'll leave it up to everyone else.
I'd say I'd spar you, but that'd be for the too-many-est time. Not to mention I'd be horribly inactive. Besides, you'd probably kick the butts of the two genin have.

Regardless I am actually planning to hold a Murajiburu spar. Those who are either exceedingly motivated or as inactive as me, heads up. Everyone else, prepare for Istar's upcoming event.

Istar
26th January 2008, 12:17 PM
@ Legion: Heh, awesome.

@ All: The first ever Murajiburu spar between DragonLord and myself (using a pre-made char) has been completed. This (http://http://www.giveupalready.com/showpost.php?p=1081268&postcount=14)is the last post I made, see the OOC section to see how points are awarded.

Deus Ex Machina
29th January 2008, 08:28 AM
Not going to spar wit ya Deus. To inactive.

Aww. Not cool. -_-

Mind you, Deus Ex does stuff in DS.

Not near as much as you'd think. Only so much you can do with a one-eyed coward that's gonna run away from the thread he's in when the fights begin... whoops! Did I write... that... ...out loud..? ...

Err... yeah. Well, it's there anyway. Read it or not, don't matter. >.>

Anyway, anyone else feel like posting in the actual clan thread? That would be freakin' amazing.

My guy's useless and has a patchy background I'm still trying to work out... but I'll see what I can post. I still wanna spar, too, if anyone else is interested.

I'd say I'd spar you, but that'd be for the too-many-est time. Not to mention I'd be horribly inactive. Besides, you'd probably kick the butts of the two genin have.

*ahem* ... *nudge nudge etc*

BTW: Istar, provided I do have a spar with someone, could I incorporate those ideas I sent you? I wanna see if they'll work or not. You could judge, if you have the time.

Istar
30th January 2008, 08:24 PM
Sounds like a great idea, Deus.

Oh, and two things for EVERYONE:

1) I'd love for everybody to join me by adding what I have in my sig to your own (The "Shut Up and Post" that Asiram and Deus are also now sporting)

2) Is there anyone really good with photoshop in the clan? I'd love to get a clan banner going :D

Legion
31st January 2008, 01:37 AM
*ahem* ... *nudge nudge etc*
Nudge noted. I'll make something tonight. Where did I leave the vinigar?

1) I'd love for everybody to join me by adding what I have in my sig to your own (The "Shut Up and Post" that Asiram and Deus are also now sporting)
I already have something like that, but that may or may not be removed after the 'changes' BK is going through with. Him not disclosing exactly what those changes are doesn't exactly help me to try and trust the staff. Regardless of who is on it. -.- If he goes through with Carnage's idea I'll definitely be in 'slaughter' mode for some time. 'sides, the BA seems to do better now that I'm not as active anymore.

Unfortunately, I can draw only with pencils.

- Thread is up. - (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=62604)

And never you mind that it's not as good as I used to do. I'm rusty, damned. >.<

Darth_Armando
3rd February 2008, 04:07 PM
Istar, I need this char approved:

http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=1086406#post1086406

and I need the perfect chakra control test for Senna (link in sig)

thanks

Fenrir
4th February 2008, 02:57 PM
Byacugan?

exelent.

iv nearly finished editing. i did it once and my comp crashed and im reluctent to do it again XD

Darth_Armando
7th February 2008, 11:46 AM
Just to let you all know I am working on a quest that will be up eventually (depending on how demanding my school work is).

This is just to inform you all and I would like to get a head count of those who might be interested.

Istar
7th February 2008, 11:48 AM
I'm interested. Oh, and my dear, loving clansmembers...guess what today is! Any guesses?

Deus Ex Machina
7th February 2008, 12:40 PM
I would say it's the seventh of Febuary, but sayin' as that'd be the obvious answer...

...the thirty-third of November?

Legion
8th February 2008, 01:48 AM
I'm interested. Oh, and my dear, loving clansmembers...guess what today is! Any guesses?
It's the day that Kiara will crush Shinkei (I'll fix the name later) under hundreds upon hundreds of chibis for reasons totally unlrelated to said character's creator's birthday. Or... The day we get - e-mail - (http://www.weebls-stuff.com/wab/email/).

Also, it'll be the last day of my vacation which will probably be spent entirely behind books, doing work, and behind the wii (Samus is awesome - I haven't even died yet!).

Oh!

You got the True Genius quiz done? :D

(Gefeliciteerd, Istar)

Fenrir
8th February 2008, 10:51 AM
ok finished editing ^^

edit

and im intrested in any quest :P

and is it somones birthday.

CrazyXAM
8th February 2008, 02:43 PM
Sorry I haven't been active, I'm not saying that I'm about to start being active, just know that I'm still here.

Darth_Armando
8th February 2008, 09:10 PM
Legion if you like Samus (and i must admit, corruption is FRICKING AWESOME!!!!) then you should like this:

http://www.stage6.com/user/Luciole_Keikoku/video/1288219/Haloid

I hope to have battles like this in my quest, with less explosions.

Ok, more explosions...

Angel
8th February 2008, 09:48 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/18747.html

There's the ACTUAL video, Darth. That Stage 6 is not the original creator.

Legion
9th February 2008, 05:25 AM
Legion if you like Samus (and i must admit, corruption is FRICKING AWESOME!!!!) then you should like this:
That particular movie didn't run for me, so unless it's different from the one Angel is showing I hardly see any reason whatsoever to like Halo just because I liked Metroid. I mean, Metroid has Samus. Halo has... A genetically altered male cyborg, I think. And if I'm to believe VGcats, a boob patch for the grunts. ~.~ Not saying Halo isn't a good game on it's own, but... Pass. Not my cup of Phazon.

Besides, shouldn't we be talking about ninja's in here? If this keeps up, Istar's gonna send space pirates ANBU in our general direction. *Sneaks off to go play some more Corruption (good choice of name, heheheh).*

CrazyXAM
9th February 2008, 01:43 PM
That VID was hot but if you want battle like that in a quest, you will have to have speed posting EX:

Max shoots fifteen bullets.

Darth Dodges with backflip and throws tou three kunai.

ETC... It would have to be something like that and then later on go back and edit. Because for battles you have to be in the heat of things.

Darth_Armando
9th February 2008, 06:13 PM
Oh, there will be intense ninja battles in my quest, just you wait and see....

Anyway it will probably be up by the end of the week for those interested.

Fenrir
11th February 2008, 06:35 AM
Istar could ya do ma character, id like to play Fen soon.

Istar
12th February 2008, 12:13 PM
*Summons a dozen Tsukigakure ANBU*

Do I seriously need to tell you guys to TRY to stay on topic? Because my friends can make sure you do. That, and I can always summon my spear and you wouldn't want that.

The answer to the question of last week was...it was my birthday, way to go guys. Legion, I translated the tiny dutch word at the end of you post, so thanks for noticing.

Anyways, I've been swamped with my new job (huzzah for money, right? - god I hate 24-hour pharmacies), so anyone waiting on anything from me is, well...going to have to wait a little longer for my schedule to become normal (and for my damn boss to stop scheduling me on Tuesdays and Thursdays, dammit!)

Fenrir
14th February 2008, 06:34 AM
charicter got exepeted, score, now i just need to find time to post...

^^

Istar
14th February 2008, 09:54 AM
And time to use spellcheck

Fenrir
14th February 2008, 02:56 PM
yeah >.>
that to.

Darth_Armando
15th February 2008, 08:34 PM
oook, for all those who were interested my quest is up:

http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=1097168#post1097168

anyone is welcome to join. oh and Istar if youre not gonna do this quest let me know cause I will need to modify things a little then.

Istar
15th February 2008, 09:27 PM
I will be part of it, yes.

Legion
16th February 2008, 02:52 AM
And time to use spellcheck
Which one?

Deus, post up today. Within ze hourz.

Fenrir
17th February 2008, 04:25 AM
oook, for all those who were interested my quest is up:

http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=1097168#post1097168

anyone is welcome to join. oh and Istar if youre not gonna do this quest let me know cause I will need to modify things a little then.

posted in the mission ^^

Deus Ex Machina
19th February 2008, 10:43 AM
Deus, post up today. Within ze hourz.

Lulz, done. Well, not quite on that day... most certainly not within the hours... but still. It's up.

Oh, and I knew it was your birthday, Istar. I was just making some vague stab at being funny by avoiding saying so. I'm shocked and appalled you didn't notice. ;_;

EDIT: Hang on a second... Legion, in that post I quoted, were you ordering me to post, or were you stating that your post would be up (for clarification, I interpreted it as the former)?

Istar
19th February 2008, 12:06 PM
You could have just as easily hid a message in size 1 in another language like Legion. *turns in a huff*

Legion
20th February 2008, 01:14 AM
You could have just as easily hid a message in size 1 in another language like Legion. *turns in a huff*
What about the whole "for reasons totally unlrelated to said character's creator's birthday"? :o Istar, for the one leading this clan, you're not too observative. Also, you say that as if US people actually have to learn other languages (J/k). XD

... We do. It's required in basically every High school before graduation that you have to learn a language. College, too.
I bet the French do to, but that doesn't mean they actually even hint at their ability to do so when they are here.

Angel
20th February 2008, 09:41 AM
... We do. It's required in basically every High school before graduation that you have to learn a language. College, too.

Itachi Uchiha
20th February 2008, 05:49 PM
can i join this clan?

Istar
6th March 2008, 11:48 AM
As long as you read all the material from the link I put in your intro post in the Gates, as well as make a character following the proper template and rules for character creation, you are more than welcome into this clan.

When you are finished making a character, post a link in this thread and I will review it for approval. If you would like, I can send you links to the currently approved characters to give you good examples of what to do.

*EDIT + Bump*

Attention all clan members, the time for the big clan event draws near. I have gotten my brother to agree to help me stage and complete the quest, and we will soon begin. I have to set it up with interaction between Shinkei and Asura, but after that I will create threads for the main event: The Invasion of Yamigakure.

Fenrir
9th March 2008, 05:49 AM
will this be in a difrent time zone to other missions so we may stay active in more then one? ^^

i just did like my hole red earth post, adn my comp froze >.<