PDA

View Full Version : Koc Suggestion : Alliance wars

the_hitman_9
29th November 2007, 11:14 AM
Ok so here is a suggestion i sent to koc admins, read it well before judging, no silly replies for the sake of replying, constructive criticism is welcome.

Hello,
I had a suggestion i'd like to share it with you to make this game a bit more lively.
Since you guys implemented an alliance ranking, i was wondering why not make it more important by having alliances fight for their rank.
The purpose of this game is to get the highest rank as possible, by creating that rank you added another purpose for smaller alliances to get a high alliance ranking.
Unfortunately these rankings are overlooked by most koc's active community.
My suggestion is as follows :
To fight for a better rank, an alliance will be able to declare war upon another, there could be many type of wars with a defined goal : Farming wars ( first alliance to steal x amount of gold from the other ) , Sabbing wars ( first alliance to sab x amount of gold from the other ) , Massing wars ( first alliance to kill x soldiers from the other ) etc ..
During the war, the alliances would get a small bonus depending on the declared war ( Better %age while attacking for farming wars, more sab turns for sab wars, mass turns ( equivalent to the previous turn as in less gold stolen and same amount of soldiers killed ) for mass wars ( Of course you could choose any bonus you see fit if you think those could be overpowered ) ).
So that alliances dont take advantage of that bonus infinitly, the alliance wars should be limited to a strict period of time from 3 days to 1 week for example, and after a war an alliance will have to wait a certain period of time ( 2 to 5 days ) before declaring again.
And as a counterpart, during a war, an alliance will not be able to recruit extra chains.
When an alliance wins a war, they get some sort of bonus, whether it is in a stat e bonus or an increased Turn Based Gold for a couple of days , i'll let you decide.
And the losing alliance will get a smaller malus for a smaller period of time, for non warring alliances.
Also, only alliance within 2-3 ranks from each other can declare war upon each other, and the alliance who got declared war upon will chose to either

1 thing i forgot to add : Everything else will stay as it is today, meaning small alliances will still be able to war big ones like they do today, but they wont get the war bonus and such. So its just an addition and not taking anything out of the game.

tiger45
29th November 2007, 11:18 AM
It might make KoC more live again if they do it .
Nice idea .. and .. it might be better too . :)
Good work .

FiendKing04
29th November 2007, 11:26 AM
:o It sucks! LOL. J/k; it's a great idea, you've got my approval. Doesn't mean much, but.. hey. :p

BiGAnT_
29th November 2007, 12:38 PM
The admins on KoC dont add new content,they only change around the rules each age.....this game could be so much more but the admins dont really give a shit.

Zeta-kun
29th November 2007, 12:58 PM
lol
i think your idea would make koc more fun to play xDD

Fernando
29th November 2007, 01:15 PM
sounds nice ^^

tho admins would end up screwing it somehow lol

Lil_Wolfy
29th November 2007, 02:23 PM
What if i want to war more than one alliance at once? What if i dont care about alliance ranking?

Besides i highly doubt the top alliances will war each other, i cant see PR and JD duking it out

the_hitman_9
29th November 2007, 02:40 PM
Did you read the last part ?
You can still do whatever you do today, no one is forcing you to care.
And its not mainly aimed at the top alliances even tho the bonus of victory could be luring, its for the middle ranked alliance 3-10 that will get some fun.

zeshan
29th November 2007, 02:44 PM
: Farming wars ( first alliance to steal x amount of gold from the other ) < ------ Those with super high SA will easily win the war coz they will be hitting for a way less amount then those with lesser SA, so if a pure sab alliance was to declare this type of war they would surely lose, or for that matter a small alliance will lose against a larger alliance

, Sabbing wars ( first alliance to sab x amount of gold from the other ) , again here a sab alliance will easily win coz they will have lesser weapon to sab then say a Da whore or ranking clan, so even a small alliance can win a fight against the larger alliance, but the beacause the larger alliance will have more member which means more bigger sabstats than the smalller clan.

Massing wars ( first alliance to kill x soldiers from the other ) etc .. again those small clans with tiny TFF will easily win, why coz they wont have a soldier to kill whereas the bigger TFF guys will easily lose

So that alliances dont take advantage of that bonus infinitly, the alliance wars should be limited to a strict period of time from 3 days to 1 week for example, and after a war an alliance will have to wait a certain period of time ( 2 to 5 days ) before declaring again. < ---- Sucks :p to wait

Also, only alliance within 2-3 ranks from each other can declare war upon each other, and the alliance who got declared war upon will chose to either

sucks again coz then sab alliances who have low ranks wont be able to war larger ranking alliances, after all this is wht we want ;)

Also a couple of things, what if say one clan wants to fight a sab war and the other wants to fight a mass war??

also how will u record the sab stats or gold stolen as such, it will be too much work for the admins and for sure they wont do it.
and dont forget stats can be easily manipulated. so no gaurantee whther wht one is posting is true or not.

the_hitman_9
29th November 2007, 03:19 PM
Okay so you didnt understand it, here it goes :
I'll start from last, you can still war like you do today and you will do whatever you do today, no one will force you out of it.
So the alli rank here will make sure that alliance warring each other will be close to each other in pretty much everything , whether it is number of top accounts or alliance members. Therefor when an alliance declare a farming alliance with someone 2-3 ranks from it it means they will have enough to be farmed from them as well since they are close to each other.
Same goes for sabbing and massing.

So yea small sab alliances who have nothing to sab wont be able to declare war on big chains in that matter, but they can still sab/chain/mass/farm like they do today. So if sab alliances will want to get that bonus, they will have to try and work on their alli ranking a bit so they can declare war on a juicier ranking alliance.

Oh and one alliance will declare the type of war they want on another the other could try to work a truce , fight , or just retreat and be declared losers.
There are so many progs that record how much gold is sabbed or stolen or person killed, dont think it would be that hard for admins to implement it in the game, its just adding up some numbers.

zeshan
29th November 2007, 03:47 PM
Oh and one alliance will declare the type of war they want on another the other could try to work a truce , fight , or just retreat and be declared losers.
There are so many progs that record how much gold is sabbed or stolen or person killed, dont think it would be that hard for admins to implement it in the game, its just adding up some numbers.

Ok still two shortcomings
firstly - Yes there are many programs out there that can record sab stats and gold stole and hwt not, but those cannot telll a legitimate attack from a fake log, so all a person has to do is fake some logs and he will have the bonus. So unless the admins code some complex program which will record the sabs or gold stolen directly from the Koc battlepage or intel page, nothing can be done abt it. and believe me admins are too lazy to do this.

Secondly - you said the warring alliance will declare wht type of war they wanna fight. again faulty.
this will give unfair advantage to say a sab only clan or a slay only clan and stuff. So if a sab clan declares sab war against say a ranking one, then the ranking ones will have to run or truce(which btw no one likes to do)

the_hitman_9
29th November 2007, 04:10 PM
Well if that sab alliance is close in ranks to a ranking one then i dont see why not. That means they should have weapons to lose as well.
Besides Sab chains will be vulnerable to farming wars on the other hand. So yea there are many strategies and new aspects of the game. Like scouting to find the best alliance for you to win against and get urself ready for the type of war you want.

On 1- I am not a coding expert but i was told that it shouldnt be hard to implement. Its not complex imo, they will have to get some sort of concept to code the amount of gold stolen by x members from 1 chain against x members from another and add em up .. same for sabbing and killing .. not sure how hard it is tho so i hope a coder can come and clarify this :x

Zeta-kun
29th November 2007, 05:27 PM
Ok still two shortcomings
firstly - Yes there are many programs out there that can record sab stats and gold stole and hwt not, but those cannot telll a legitimate attack from a fake log, so all a person has to do is fake some logs and he will have the bonus. So unless the admins code some complex program which will record the sabs or gold stolen directly from the Koc battlepage or intel page, nothing can be done abt it. and believe me admins are too lazy to do this.

lol there is no need to code any complex program, and there is no problem with fake logs when you record sab/attack stats in the same page they are generated, KOC already logs what you sab/stole from another player Click on "Intelligence" and you will find all the sabbs you did, koc admins would only have to add some code to check if the sabb was against an alliance you are at war with and store/calculate the alliance totals or simple just take the already generated logs filter them acording to alliance and calculate the totals for some period of time.

zeshan
29th November 2007, 06:28 PM
lol there is no need to code any complex program, and there is no problem with fake logs when you record sab/attack stats in the same page they are generated, KOC already logs what you sab/stole from another player Click on "Intelligence" and you will find all the sabbs you did, koc admins would only have to add some code to check if the sabb was against an alliance you are at war with and store/calculate the alliance totals or simple just take the already generated logs filter them acording to alliance and calculate the totals for some period of time.

i know its already there under intelligence section. :morning:

u think the Lazy admins will do this, they took 5 months just to hit the refresh button :p

Well if that sab alliance is close in ranks to a ranking one then i dont see why not. That means they should have weapons to lose as well.
Besides Sab chains will be vulnerable to farming wars on the other hand. So yea there are many strategies and new aspects of the game. Like scouting to find the best alliance for you to win against and get urself ready for the type of war you want.

well suppose say there is a small ranking clan with all big DA and rounded other stats and then there is a sab clan with high SPY and SA. so basically they both maybe together and be able to say war eachother.
yet the sab clan will easily win. same goes for the number of player. if u have more player sabbing then u will higher total coz of the sab turns(if the sab turns be removed though, then it will favour the smaller guys with lesser members). and the idea of declaring whtever war u want to of ur choice and thrusting it down the other alliance is not good.

wht i suggest is that to have a system which effectively say give a random option for war. so say if u wanna war an allaince, then you do something the koc server will randomly generate a type of war(maybe it can be coded to say see wht the type these two alliances are and then give the perfect war)
this might take a long complex coding, but i dunno abt this silly idea, dont know much abt computers :dork:

Borinqueneer
29th November 2007, 08:20 PM
i like the declaring war on other alliance things, but i think this way is too complicated. Maybe a more viable option would be that when u declare war on an alliance the sab ratio increases and the sab turns dont go down when your sabbing a person from the alliance you r at war, by this way we keep the sab cap for sabbing person that are not at war with the alliance. There must be a limit or something to how many alliances u can be at war at the same time, so that this dont get abuse and people start declaring war on everybody and maybe find a way for sabber chains to lose something when they war a total ranker chain, even do there arent many of any at all, all spy alliances.

R1DD1CK
30th November 2007, 12:20 AM
I like declaring war the old way.
Nice and simple no idea who will win and a bit of fun pretending to hate another for a few days^^

the_hitman_9
30th November 2007, 12:25 AM
i know its already there under intelligence section. :morning:

u think the Lazy admins will do this, they took 5 months just to hit the refresh button :p

well suppose say there is a small ranking clan with all big DA and rounded other stats and then there is a sab clan with high SPY and SA. so basically they both maybe together and be able to say war eachother.
yet the sab clan will easily win. same goes for the number of player. if u have more player sabbing then u will higher total coz of the sab turns(if the sab turns be removed though, then it will favour the smaller guys with lesser members). and the idea of declaring whtever war u want to of ur choice and thrusting it down the other alliance is not good.

Yes the alliance that declares a war upon another will have an advantage because they would have scouted any potential alliance that they could war and have chosen the one they can beat the easiest and fastest. That will imply that alliances will either want to be ready to all 3 wars at all time so they dont have to forfeit or lose, and/or feel when another alliance is scouting them, recons or probing to get stats and then scout them back to know what kind of war might be declared upon them or who knows they will declare first. Its a whole new gameplay with plenty of strategies.

And yes i know the admins are lazy, they havent even read this suggestion that i send more than 24 hours ago and im not putting up much hope on it. But i was hoping to get the support of koc community and maybe put some sort of pressure on the admin to at least consider it.

@Borinqueneer : You can only be at war with 1 alliance at a time. You can still have traditional wars like you do now with as much alliances as you want, but you can only declare upon one.
And my idea is only the first draft, and i only gave first hand ideas i got, and its open to negotiation of course. The point of this thread was to just give a general idea and see the reaction of the KoC community.

the_hitman_9
30th November 2007, 12:27 AM
I like declaring war the old way.
Nice and simple no idea who will win and a bit of fun pretending to hate another for a few days^^

You'll still be able to do that. No one is taking anything away from the game, its just an extra addition to make things more lively and interesting.

After all, look at all the good wars we had this age.

R1DD1CK
30th November 2007, 01:04 AM
OK I read your thread a couple of times and I quite like the idea :D

Only problem is having alliances declare war when they are 3/4 places from them in the ranks :(
What about the people that are 5+ places in the ranks? Are you saying they can still war the old way but wouldn't be subject to your suggestion?

That's rank ism isn't it?

the_hitman_9
30th November 2007, 01:09 AM
Yes alliances who have a much lower rating and consequently ranking than another alliance wont be able to declare war in this aspect. But of course they will still be able to sab/mass like they do today.
The idea is to push alliances to work for a better ranking so they can war more and get the bonuses.

StrikerForce1.
5th December 2007, 11:44 AM
great suggestions. id vote yes :D

Tycho_Bloodbeard
5th December 2007, 12:11 PM
I think this is a great idea - but maybe allow each alliance to choose which type of war they want to fight. This way, a slayer/SA alliance could do what they do best against a weapon-poor sab chain that can take lots of BPMs per turn.

An option would be to make this conflicts "public and open", so if say two alliances are getting on each other nerves they could "challenge" each other and agree on the terms of the fight (such as one killing x soldiers from the other, while another one stealing y amount of gold or sabbing z amount of weapons).

This way you could decline to fight a war you don't want or can't win; and it will be known publicly. For example, (Say) BSS is getting annoyed at DES farming them, they can sab a bit, and say "you DES pussies won't accept our war declaration because you can't win". Or viceversa.

Maybe we're just trying to inject excitement in a declining game, but the idea is good for sure.

Tycho

the_hitman_9
5th December 2007, 02:54 PM
The idea is that the alliance that want to declare war will choose what kind of war it wants that suits her best. Alliances that do no want to declare will have to be ready for any kind of war thrown at them.

There would be like a news page similar to the ranking one where you would know which alliance is warring which and who won or lost and who forfeited or got a truce.