PDA

View Full Version : Accounts

Puppypower
26th November 2007, 10:43 PM
Heya Guyz, i'm not sure where i put this or anything but yeh :P.

A few of my mates have had their accounts deleted or banned because of 2 accounts on that IP, they were legit accounts, it was him & his dad.

We (the players) shouldn't have to find out where to go to tell the admins they have multiple players at their house, the admins should ask us about what's going on, this could easily be automated, what do you guyz think ? It'd help bring more people back to the game.

Pupps A.K.A Digitalis

Blitz
26th November 2007, 11:51 PM
Bans on account sharing are sometimes automated. Email Rocco@KingsofChaos.com with the above info, and he'll restore the accounts if he thinks the story is legit. (Provided there's nothing really fishy in the IPs and logins, then they'll probably be restored.)

Phyrus
27th November 2007, 12:08 AM
The ban policy is pretty much set to "Guilty until proven innocent".

Basically in conjunction with Blitz's post, if you or anyone feels their bans are wrong for any reason at all, they are free to email the admins an objection plea.

Until then, guilty until proven innocent.

trebach
25th December 2007, 01:54 PM
The ban policy is pretty much set to "Guilty until proven innocent".

Basically in conjunction with Blitz's post, if you or anyone feels their bans are wrong for any reason at all, they are free to email the admins an objection plea.

Until then, guilty until proven innocent.
The problem is that 99.999% of the time, guilty or innocent, the account is not reinstated.

Gem-
25th December 2007, 03:22 PM
I think it takes more than just two accounts on the same IP to get banned. A lot must depend on how those accounts are being played. For example, attacking each other will most likely get you banned...

Rogue_ST
26th December 2007, 12:10 AM
It wouldn't hurt to state your case in the #kingsofchaos channel on irc...but don't bullshit

IRGRL
26th December 2007, 11:32 AM
The problem is that 99.999% of the time, guilty or innocent, the account is not reinstated.

thats not true...
in fact even one of my offies, skate who does have a brother that does play was banned, and if anyone knows kates history in KOC then u wil know that he is th emost banned KOC player.
but they looked at the log ins and the IPs wernt fishy and found that yes, it was his brother playing the account and not skate.

and for the admins to unban him i know took alot :P
but yes if u can prove urself u wil be unbanned

Xzeihoranth
26th December 2007, 01:18 PM
problem is most people are bullshitting and cant prove it, just try to get people to believe them:)
although some cases are genuinely misunderstandings