PDA

View Full Version : Murajiburu Recruitment Thread

Istar
19th November 2007, 08:34 AM
I'm making a recruitment thread for myself. Two weeks from today recruitment will end (December 3rd):

For those of you interested in the clan I proposed in this thread (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=60599). Please read the first two posts for all clan information, I will repost it here ONLY if necessary.

Currently Interested Members:

1) Istar
2) Lord_Asiram
3) Legion
4) Darth_Armando
5) CrazyXAM
6) Squidward

While we only need one more member to become an official clan, I would like closer to 10-12 members who are willing to be active. Most of the progression through the clan's stat system is tied to activity, so if you want to do well, then you will be active. I will explain a little more about what you can expect from clan threads and so on as more people express interest. We will also be working on getting an official name, kind of a top priority.

Deus Ex Machina
19th November 2007, 09:38 AM
I've never watched much of Naruto or taken much of an interest in ninjas as a whole, but as it is I have tenuous links to this website and little to do when I visit. I need something more than DS to dissipate my morning blues. A clan might do just that, provided it does not require a thorough knowledge of its... 'inspiration', if you will.

So, ye mind 'f ah join?

Phoenix Ash
19th November 2007, 02:39 PM
Thread re-opened.

This thread will be closed next Monday, December 3, 2007, or until Istar's got his 10 members and a name better suited than "To Be Determined" (Though I can think of a few semi-fun concepts for a clan with that name).

Istar
19th November 2007, 10:05 PM
I've never watched much of Naruto or taken much of an interest in ninjas as a whole, but as it is I have tenuous links to this website and little to do when I visit. I need something more than DS to dissaipate my morning blues. A clan might do just that, provided it does not require a thorough knowledge of its... 'inspiration', if you will.

So, ye mind 'f ah join?
I would love to have you, Deus! No prior knowledge of the Naruto series is required to be part of the clan, though it will probably help out with understanding the chakra system and give you a bit better of an idea how to roleplay the kind of ninja we're portraying. I also think that because we have a character advancement system, it'll feel a little bit like DS.

Van
20th November 2007, 08:29 AM
I want in. I was in the last one so i might as well join this one. It'll give me something to do.

Istar
20th November 2007, 10:39 AM
Sweet, you were on my list of people to strangle, but I guess I can forgive you now. You're in too. That's 8 of the 10 that I want to get this started. I'm really going to have to bust my ass and get a couple character sheets done to show you how I want things displayed now. Let's hope my home internet is working, so I can do it today.

Legion
20th November 2007, 12:27 PM
In, but I'll be creating a new character for the clan. I might use the existing one for random raids / events, though (yes I will be asking approval).

I'll post that character for approval as soon as possible. Until that time I guess I'm in a straight jacket. :P

- Here it is. - (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=60907) The only thing I still need to do is assign stats depending on how much a rank D or E ninja ought to have and create a history (I haven't done that yet because I doubt there's much to report in fourteen years. She hasn't done anything special yet).

Istar
20th November 2007, 03:04 PM
Excellent. By straight jacket, I hope you mean your character.

Rhinohide
21st November 2007, 01:20 AM
does that make me number nine or ten?

CrazyXAM
23rd November 2007, 08:19 AM
How are we going to do chunin exams? I mostly talking about the writing part.

Darth_Armando
23rd November 2007, 08:12 PM
We don't have to have the writing part. We could just make something up.

Emtsuj
23rd November 2007, 08:53 PM
I'm in. I was in TCL.

CrazyXAM
24th November 2007, 07:33 AM
Well we have to make sure everyone is in the same village right? That way we'll all be together during exams and graduation. OR else Istar will be trying to be the teacher for each village.

Emtsuj
24th November 2007, 05:24 PM
CrazyXAM: It was previously stated in the other thread that we would all be in the same village. He doesn't want any villages created at this time. As with jutsus, they may only be made by jenin levels(I believe it was) and is extremely encouraged.

NOTE: I will be quite busy during the January and February times if Shadowed's current tournament is passed.:pc::blackmage:

Istar
27th November 2007, 08:57 AM
Alright, I think we have our ten. Nice.

1) Istar
2) Lord_Asiram
3) Legion
4) Darth_Armando
5) CrazyXAM
6) Squidward
7) Deus Ex Machina
8) Van
9) Rhinohide
10) Desperado

Now to answer questions:

@ Max: The answer to the Chunin Exam is that we will cross that bridge when we come to it. Yes, it's kind of a cop-out, but if you want a rough idea of what is floating in my head then let's say it involves a Modded-Tournament meets Quest style of thread. Also, Desperado was, in fact, correct that we are all from the same village (as of right now). When this clan really gets going, we will look into adding rival villages and whatnot. Simple to start is better.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand, the major thing:

WHAT ARE WE GONNA NAME THIS CLAN? Please submit your ideas (as long as they don't have the word "Legion" in them, as per request of Legion), and I will make a poll. Also, we have to get this done by this weekend, so please keep that in mind.

Legion
27th November 2007, 12:27 PM
Alright, I think we have our ten. Nice.
Make that nine and one whenever he can. Mostly in the weekends.

Also, Desperado was, in fact, correct that we are all from the same village (as of right now).
Considering we all start out from the same village (at least, all the newbies like me), wouldn't it make sense for us to refer to each other's characters or characters' families in our histories? I don't know what you guys are planning to do with your characters, but I do wish to refer to the Sharingan clan (most likely's Van's character, but who knows?) in my char's history.

WHAT ARE WE GONNA NAME THIS CLAN?
Istar Gaiden? Or... Hidden Ninja/Shinobi scrolls clan? I never was good at naming things.

Deus Ex Machina
28th November 2007, 09:40 AM
The Village People. Then we'd have an excuse for parading around in flamboyant and brightly coloured outfits even though were ninjas.

Yes, I was kidding. -_-

Honestly? I have no idea. Would be nice to have whatever it'll be in Japanese, though. If only for the sake of authenticity.

Darth_Armando
29th November 2007, 11:39 PM
The Village People.

Hehe lol. Well names... the name of the village could work, for now anyway. As for others: Hidden Blades, Masters of Shadow, Shadow Clan, Gaiden (yeah i know they all kinda suck).

Legion
3rd December 2007, 02:24 AM
Let's just pick one. As long as Istar is a mod (and even if he isn't I'm sure we can ask the other nice mods to help us out) we can always change the name of the thread (fear my knowledge of mod manipulational powers! ZE KNOWLEDZE IST MEIN!) if we find a more definitive / better name for our clan.

Possible names;
- Istar Gaiden
- Hidden Scrolls clan
- Hidden Shinobi clan
- The Village People
- Hidden Blades
- Masters of Shadow
- Shadow Clan
- Gaiden (just sidestory? Um... Oki)

I actually like the Village people, though I'd call it the Hidden Village people. :P

Istar
4th December 2007, 10:31 AM
Okay, I seriously just lol'd at Istar Gaiden...and I'm in public. So...I hate you right now Legion, just a little bit.

Lemme work my japanese translator magic...

Hidden: hitoshirezu

Village: mura

People: jin

Murahitoshijin (Village of Hidden People?)

Van
4th December 2007, 11:21 AM
Okay, I seriously just lol'd at Istar Gaiden...and I'm in public. So...I hate you right now Legion, just a little bit.

Lemme work my japanese translator magic...

Hidden: hitoshirezu

Village: mura

People: jin

Murahitoshijin (Village of Hidden People?)
Murahitoshijin would be what the villagers would be called perhaps. Jin is a reference to a person and their nationality(as far as i was taught). Like I am an amerika-jin (or was there an n in that). Besides, the name is too syllably(yes i just made a word up). You need something smooth and easy to say.

Deus Ex Machina
4th December 2007, 01:42 PM
Murajiburu - The Invisible Village. Badly butchered perhaps and hardly very creative, but it's simple enough to work.

Strange, too, was that when I mouthed the word to myself, the start of it sounded like 'Mirage'. But whatever.

PSST: In case you don't know why I reckon the 'mirage' thing is significant, I figured the reason the village could be invisible could be because there's been some kind of massive illusion woven about it.

DragonLord
5th December 2007, 09:47 PM
*grins broadly* I'm in, if you'll have me, Istar.

Legion
6th December 2007, 12:40 AM
Guys, we're three days past the closing date of this thread. I know I was a slacker when I was a mod, but that doesn't mean any of the others are.

And all we really need is a name to call our clan OOCly. We already have a name for the Hidden Village in characterally (although I like Deux's idea of having a massive illusion waved around it - but maybe 'cause that goes well with my character's bloodline :heh: ).

Call the shot, Istar. >.< We don't want to lose any momentum we have over a trivial thing like this. Well, I don't.

... This is going to cause problems for me.

I'm very tempted to put Hidden Village, Crouching Hamlet
I guess Istar got his revenge then. I loled (American lol, not the dutch one) at that name. XD /me likes.

Phoenix Ash
6th December 2007, 01:01 AM
Guys, we're three days past the closing date of this thread. I know I was a slacker when I was a mod, but that doesn't mean any of the others are.

I am a slacker, and proud of it! <_< >_>

That said, I'm just waiting for a name. If there's still nothing chosen by the time I get home from work tomorrow / later (Shit, it's 1AM!), I'm just going to make the thread with the name 'Hidden Village' (I'm very tempted to put Hidden Village, Crouching Hamlet). It can be edited later when you've made up your collective minds.

Istar
6th December 2007, 08:15 AM
*Nearly passes out with glee* My brother, you are always welcome.

Yeah, well...the agreement was to get the clan name...

Murajiburu - The Invisible Village. Badly butchered perhaps and hardly very creative, but it's simple enough to work.

Strange, too, was that when I mouthed the word to myself, the start of it sounded like 'Mirage'. But whatever.

PSST: In case you don't know why I reckon the 'mirage' thing is significant, I figured the reason the village could be invisible could be because there's been some kind of massive illusion woven about it.
The win is strong with this one. If we have no other objections, the OOC name of our clan will be Murajiburu (and probably have some kind of actual storyline significance). Deus, for such an awesome idea, you can be sure that there will be great rewards.

DragonLord
6th December 2007, 10:17 PM
I'm with Istar on this one, Murajiburu does sound like it could work (and I can actually pronounce it and probably even learn to spell it!).

And tis good to be back Istar. *bows*

Shards
6th December 2007, 11:10 PM
I'd like to join please if thats ok.

Deus Ex Machina
7th December 2007, 05:29 AM
The win is strong with this one. If we have no other objections, the OOC name of our clan will be Murajiburu (and probably have some kind of actual storyline significance). Deus, for such an awesome idea, you can be sure that there will be great rewards.

I'm with Istar on this one, Murajiburu does sound like it could work (and I can actually pronounce it and probably even learn to spell it!).

lulz, I feel so awesome... XD

So... is there anything else this clan will need? Aside from characters and a proper thread, o' course.

Legion
7th December 2007, 02:11 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, Istar first wanted to get the clan going before delving deeper and develloping this world futher, Deus. As far as I can see, we're ready to go. Que the RAII music! ... Oh wait, we're supposed to be stealthy. ;_; And I sooo wanted to ride double-barrled steam-powered steel castles on eight tracks, anime style!

Although I suppose we could add special skills such as one-handed sealing or fast sealing. :/

pinballwizard420
7th December 2007, 02:38 PM
Now that everything is decided, name, members, and such, mods should probably go ahead and close this thread, and get the Clan thread started, maybe a tavern for OOC discussion, since I'm sure as we go along there will be wrinkles to iron out.

Phoenix Ash
7th December 2007, 04:44 PM
Yarr. Here you go.

http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=61229

I'll make the tavern, too, and post the link here. Enjoy!

Tavern here:

http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=1058252