PDA

View Full Version : Alliance for those who don't want to be part of an alliance?

paradoxica
1st November 2007, 09:57 AM
I have a message up in my profile that specifically states that I don't want a commander and don't want to be part of an alliance. It's been up since partway through the last age, so it's not like it's recent news. Yet in the last week alone I've gotten 3 messages asking if I want to join one. I've sent angry replies, but that only helps vent my frustration.

Is there an alliance that exists only for people like me that don't want to be part of an alliance, yet apparently need to be part of one so that people will stop asking? It seems like a strange concept, but I don't know how else to stop people from asking since apparently having a message up in my profile doesn't actually help.

Santino_Corleone
1st November 2007, 10:58 AM
if you hate it so much, just ignore the messages. It's not like a pm affects your game, does it?

good_dog
1st November 2007, 11:40 AM
You could always register an alliance name yourself...

Overdark
5th November 2007, 07:50 AM
paradoxica there's a player named Rogue-Guild, who leads an alliance like what you're lookin for. She's in PR's chain but at least you'd be left alone.

Peace,
OD

Checkman
5th November 2007, 08:54 AM
Alternatively, just join us, we wouldn't hassle you if you wanted to be left alone.

Blitz
5th November 2007, 11:16 AM
This is, as could be expected, turning into recruitment.

The real answer to your question is, if you really do want the recruitment PMs to stop, get a commander. Whether you get something in your AA or not, you'll still get recruitment PMs when you're commander-less. Of course, that is probably the exact thing you want to avoid, if you're like other solo players I've talked to. It's probably best to just ignore and delete the recruitment PMs.