PDA

View Full Version : End of KoC?

Smitty
13th September 2007, 08:27 AM
Since AGE 8 has not started in early SEP as thought, it would seem that ADMIN has given up on improvements and rightfully so. There is entirely too much bitching, complaining, and whining about aspects of the game that does not please each indiviudal. You can't please everyone, so give the guys a break...... let 'em finish up their changes and let's get started with AGE 8.

my two cents.

freija
13th September 2007, 12:23 PM
I think they had plenty of time to finish the changings.About gave them a break...what break?do you see anyone working? have you seen any change from 1st of august?Looks like we are home alone and probably it will stay like this till one by one we will leave it :(

Fernando
13th September 2007, 01:15 PM
They've already had like 10 months to work on it >_>

batch
13th September 2007, 01:39 PM
wen they take age 8 off/out of beta mode will every1 reset and become equal again?

killing_squad
13th September 2007, 03:32 PM
koc is proberly dead already most of the best players have left or just finished age 7 and stop. The game is not attractive enough for new players they just play other games and sure if they know they need to click 3 hours a day min to go in top 100 (lol) And btw about admins they did nothing in one year in one time they do some stupid changes like i said already and that s why you have your beautifill sentence (omg never saw stupid changes like that? click here.) :p (thx me) lol and ofcours when they saw i was right (stupid changes) they have stop everything ;) maybe they think now for nice changes but then it gonna take years lol (1 year(stupid changes) ) maybe if they think 10 years MAYBE theres gonna be something -+good :D bah gl hf with koc!!;)

btom4
13th September 2007, 04:18 PM
admins have had long enough to work on changes, if they can't make their deadlines then they should say something, if the admins communicated more things would be a lot better.

Scaramilk
13th September 2007, 07:21 PM
no news is worse than bad news

ffmaster
13th September 2007, 09:31 PM
last i checked the admins go to mit or something right? im sure someone with that level of intelligence has thought out all the options...did you ever consider theres a reason for the times that they start and end the ages? if the age is to last a year...the length of 2 ages from before....it would be ending in late september....early october as much as i hate to think about it...them stating it will end early september would be enough to keep people active till that time and those who dont hanging close as long as its talked that it will be soon...hoping to get the best start....

something like that gives the admins another month leeway because there will be people around to play when they want to start it...the amount you complain and moan doesnt affect anything...get over yourselves and look at the age your in now not the one thats coming...last i checked people have been focusing on a game for over a year and now everyone wants to throw that away just because they can have a fresh start?

play the game and let the big boys do their thing...when they are ready then things will happen...if they are never ready then i guess we all have to find a new addiction right?

blackpain
14th September 2007, 01:56 PM
pff I hate it when we're not or bad informed bout stuff... 3 month of waiting are over... we need age 8 to start...

Tidus-
14th September 2007, 02:12 PM
I think it might start 2day as I can't access KoC so they might start it now :)

freija
14th September 2007, 02:40 PM
I think it might start 2day as I can't access KoC so they might start it now :)
I can`t acces either but this could also be the end.Maybe they didn`t pay the server :)

LordStorm_LOR
14th September 2007, 04:07 PM
I can't access either, either age, but they usually give a few hrs warning before it ends????

Stach
14th September 2007, 04:18 PM
I am a new member, just so everyone knows. This game is still fun and new members are still joining, unlike someone else previously stated. With that said...Any updates from the administrators? Is Age 8 starting?

I did a nslookup on the server and pinged it. It appears that the server is down, probably as a result of a network outage. I would not become alarmed until we here something from an administrator.

Regards,
Stach

Wraith-
14th September 2007, 04:30 PM
The fact is, they have better things to do in their lives. 10 months would be ample to time to introduce changes for a motivated administration, so it seems obvious they no longer have any motivation.

You can't take blood from a stone, you know...

Carnage
15th September 2007, 05:47 AM
Speaking as someone who runs a similar game, you shouldn't jump too hard on the admins... they've provided for free a source of entertainment for you for the past 5? years. They never planned for it to get this big and in all liklyhood expected it to have died by the time they left highschool.

Sure they make money from the game however once you take server costs from the advertising revenue and divide it up between all the admins its hardly enough to retire on. By my usual hourly rate for web development work foe would get itself 1 or 2 hours a month out of the profits. Games like koc and foe take a lot more than 1 or 2 hours a month to run.

In closing, the admins are not obligated to keep the game running, they do it so people can enjoy playing it, if its time for it to end find some other game to play there are hundreds out there with admins that have the time to spend to improve the game.

Custos
15th September 2007, 09:00 AM
Looks like the admins have finally ended it but would of been nice for rocco or aman to stop by GUA and announce it but oh well lets wait and see it may not be over (who we kidding bout time it ended yay)

R1DD1CK
15th September 2007, 12:10 PM
Incase you have not noticed it's back up again!:blackmage:

btom4
15th September 2007, 02:53 PM
no one want's an age to last a year, the whole point is just admin communication. if they communicate with us more perhaps on irc then things would be a lot better. I don't care wat school u go to u can make time for responsiblities. They do get paid to run this game after all

MidnightRain
15th September 2007, 11:05 PM
I don't think too many people would be surprised to find this the last koc age... Things have been rolling downwards for a few ages now. Though, when they post that the new age will start 'early September' and it doesn't... it just opens them to the criticisim from everyone.

MnR-

DragonRaiders
16th September 2007, 11:22 PM
I've seen the game go from over 140k to not even haft of that now,I do enjoy playing the game and have played since age 1,So if this is the last age then its been a good run, the admin done a good job runing a great game for a lot of ppl, thans for allowing me to play a great war game.

Night``
18th September 2007, 01:43 AM
im not sure if i would mind it being age 7 all over again ... (keep the recon eye) .. just a new game to play again

MidnightRain
18th September 2007, 05:39 PM
I can hear everyone just a little while ago saying "let's have a beta, then we can have all those nice changes for age 8..." and no.. I didn't vote to have beta lol. Now everyone just wants a reset for age 7 lol, when we could have had it a month ago..

I'd be happy if they never changed a thing and just reset every 6 months.

MnR-

ponyrider
19th September 2007, 04:34 AM
I can hear everyone just a little while ago saying "let's have a beta, then we can have all those nice changes for age 8..." and no.. I didn't vote to have beta lol. Now everyone just wants a reset for age 7 lol, when we could have had it a month ago..

I'd be happy if they never changed a thing and just reset every 6 months.

MnR-

i'm completely for that, so all players know what they play and know when it ends ... Okay koc isn't a modern game then but i think it isn't modern for 4 years in oppossition to other games a lot of us are here for the community which is the backbone of this game and looks like a lot of this community are already leaving for a simular game ... So admins if you are smart you better come with somethign soon or everything you ever worked for is gone

GwyliTje
19th September 2007, 05:46 AM
Lol wasn't there a design contest for a new koc lay-out, maybe its no easy lay-out and maybe it needs some more time.
Though I want age 8 to start too, this is taking too long...:saint:

Sexy_Butt_Kicker
19th September 2007, 07:11 AM
Well....most seem to forget that this game was actually a school project and maybe this IS the end. Obviously there are server problems that are not being addressed. An age has never reset without there being a page with other games you can play as you wait, so I really don't believe that its down for reset at the moment. Face it. The administration could just be tired of it all.

GaiusJuliusCaesarOctavian
19th September 2007, 10:24 PM
I know myself I want the age reset, but I don't go around complaining like a whiny child. I just wait patiently and unlike most I play the game still and try and get better ranked. I can't help that all these people in koc are acting noobish and crying and whining about the new age not starting. If you dont like it fine, quit, who cares. Personally I dont care at all if you quit. I'm in this game for the fun and when the moaning and groaning starts up over a game that takes the fun away from the people playing, and the admins.

Also, everyone ever here of patience? I guess not. If the age takes a long time wait it out and if you really like the game you will be back they know it and I know it. If you are not than you will be replaced by a noob and someone who wasnt as good will step up and take somones else place and so on.

In conclusion just shut your mouths and play the freaking game or go play another game cause reading this thread was like reading my inbox on kings of chaos, it is pointless!

Thanks you all

thehate
20th September 2007, 12:07 AM
Wow, if someone other than a nobody said that it might have made an impact on people... Maybe if you were a somebody it would not be pointless reading your inbox lol

Lord_Ezek
20th September 2007, 01:05 AM
KOC Down? i cant access it for 3 hours now :(

jay_12
20th September 2007, 04:17 AM
I thought I was the only one who couldn't get in. So, is it down because:
A. the age is being reset,
B. it's a feature of the new age, or
C. KoC is no more!
:jawdroppe

Somebody help me out. Tell me WHY?

Checkman
20th September 2007, 04:20 AM
I thought I was the only one who couldn't get in. So, is it down because:
A. the age is being reset,
B. it's a feature of the new age, or
C. KoC is no more!
:jawdroppe

Somebody help me out. Tell me WHY?

A. Doubt it
B. Doubt it
C. Doubt it

jay_12
20th September 2007, 04:30 AM
Then it means that the server is just temporarily down and it will be up and running soon. Oh, HAPPY DAYS!!!
:party:

Timht
20th September 2007, 05:27 AM
Maybe they went with economy servers where they only get to use them 16 out of 24 hours!!

GaiusJuliusCaesarOctavian
20th September 2007, 08:02 AM
So I go to get ready to be Kings of Chaos at 11:59pm last night and it's not working. I say hmmm ... that's weird (not really servers been down on and off for a week or more) Than I decide after playing another game I'll go to sleep so I get up about 9:50 am all this is Eastern time for those who might be concerned about your own stupidity. So im up and again get on my computer and no Kings of chaos. So what do i do? I just don't know. I wonder. Oh I log on another game and i dont cry about this one not working. Wow im proud of myself for not being as pathetic as others. I might be be wasting my time with online game playing, might not be the best candidate to talk but yea just shut up and play another game already. Oh by the way ... *advertisement follow" For a crappy game that wastes your time tr www.nooooooooolinks-rdj.htm I like it but some of my clan members say it sucks. Oh well.... I have wasted mine and yours time and now I must go and await a post from someone wh will say that I dont matter. Or wait for something else noobish to take place from a supposive veteran KOC player.

ponyrider
20th September 2007, 02:21 PM
Same here but 1 difference i have a life lol

in the morning no koc
afternoon went out
came home still no koc

Stach
20th September 2007, 02:42 PM
I spoke with another member who has been playing thru a few ages, and was told that when the age comes to the end or near it, the server goes down alot, so most likely this is a technically issue the adminstrators are working to fix as they are putting the finishing touches on Age 8.

Regards,
Stach

DragonRaiders
20th September 2007, 08:15 PM
Well i just wish they'd do something either pull the plug or start the real age and get off this beta crap,i've been playing along time and know they do go through a lot of stuff but atlest let us know something.

GenghisK
22nd September 2007, 10:14 AM
This game is not what it should be

KOC stands for Kings Of Clicking

This is nothing more than a clicking game and the biggest clickers teamed with other big clickers pretty well decided this game within the first 3 months.

This game is TOO DEPENDANT on clicking captchas and needs to refocus on the battle of the game

Juukamen
22nd September 2007, 04:09 PM
This game is not what it should be

KOC stands for Kings Of Clicking

This is nothing more than a clicking game and the biggest clickers teamed with other big clickers pretty well decided this game within the first 3 months.

This game is TOO DEPENDANT on clicking captchas and needs to refocus on the battle of the game
you got no idea on how true that is... have a look on tribal wars and see how that is buildt up, geniously made, and truly simple also. and now clicking and recruiting there either..

NardHipples
22nd September 2007, 08:07 PM
koc has been "too dependent on clicking" since teh game was started meaning the game IS clicking and always has been. if it changes it won't be koc any more.

Lord of forest
23rd September 2007, 12:34 PM
... so most likely this is a technically issue the adminstrators are working to fix as they are putting the finishing touches on Age 8.
The admins working? A paradox! :tongue:
I played KoC for almost 3 years, but it's enough now. You might call it hope to wait for the new age to start. I call it false hope. It's time to realise that this game is no longer worth to be played. Switch to other and way better games. That's what I'll do soon.

btom4
23rd September 2007, 09:04 PM
The admins working? A paradox! :tongue:
I played KoC for almost 3 years, but it's enough now. You might call it hope to wait for the new age to start. I call it false hope. It's time to realise that this game is no longer worth to be played. Switch to other and way better games. That's what I'll do soon.
yeh lots of players are doing that now, admins let this one slip by

Don-
23rd September 2007, 11:58 PM
you got no idea on how true that is... have a look on *another game* and see how that is buildt up, geniously made, and truly simple also. and now clicking and recruiting there either..

one thing ill agree with u about Juuk ^_^, thats the Game TF is playing now, i sleep full nights, i spent all day sunday afk, untouched ;). its quite simply magic. to have that flexability and not be hit.

one of the leaders of the biggest clans in the new game, started playing KoC as his first online game, clicked the *another game* ad on KoC server and never left since. he recogninzed the Don- name and PMd me lol... i felt special :) but were so noob its almost awesome :)

if ur not happy playing KoC take a screenshot and quit!, pick a new game, and move on. the "free online game" has taken drastic steps forward way past koC's limited overview. so the only way to be competative isto click 1 mil + links receive 5-10 big sells, bank every 2-3 hours... what the fuck is that ? thats no game... or fun.

some games have more detail than others, some has more activity than others, but remember guys, ur all holding onto a superceded game, where the population/competition are in decline :)

i havent looked back, by all means contact me here or ingame for more info.

why wait ? ......

~Don.

boriszima
24th September 2007, 06:58 PM
Don't like the game, leave the game and play other games. Admins do this often, its called "cleansing" where they wait out until people leave and they start from fresh.

btom4
24th September 2007, 09:52 PM
Don't like the game, leave the game and play other games. Admins do this often, its called "cleansing" where they wait out until people leave and they start from fresh.
lol that's dumb "cleansing" wtf o.O never heard such sillyness. it's called being lazy y wait for all the players to leave then start a new? it's harder to start something fresh w/ no players than to start of with players and expose them to a new type of style of play

Truewind
25th September 2007, 02:21 AM
lol that's dumb "cleansing" wtf o.O never heard such sillyness. it's called being lazy y wait for all the players to leave then start a new? it's harder to start something fresh w/ no players than to start of with players and expose them to a new type of style of play

lol ditto, you get more hits on your stie, so you can charge more for advertising, and then you squeeze the piggy bank dry.

Oldest trick in the book.

The only place they do cleansing, is companies that have gone bankrupt lmao :DD

~~Truewind

boriszima
25th September 2007, 07:14 AM

ok bad delivery, i was being sarcastic, as this is what is happening now.

Sixix
25th September 2007, 09:04 AM
perhaps aman lost his password for server access :p

i think there were some people clainimg they were in touch with some of the admins by messenger. what about them? is anyone of that guys still around?

Checkman
25th September 2007, 12:30 PM
The optimistic part of my character tells me that things will come back all good, from an interface point of view, the user experience will rock, there will be some additional features that we have not beta'd to give us all a surprise, it is these things that they are working on.

The pessimistic part of my character tells me that they have not necessarily abandoned it but just can't be faffed with it any more.

I vote for the former rather than the latter.

conflag
25th September 2007, 01:35 PM
Age 7 will end in 4 days, 5 minutes and 26 seconds.

GenghisK
25th September 2007, 01:53 PM
3 days now, they just took 1 day away lol

thehate
25th September 2007, 02:11 PM
Age 7 will end in 4 days, 5 minutes and 26 seconds.

3 days now, they just took 1 day away lol

Wat, you think that after 5 minutes and 26 seconds its going to go back to saying Age 7 will end in 4 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds

/me is smart :s

boriszima
25th September 2007, 08:11 PM
the end.

and then the new era will start

Lord_Ezek
25th September 2007, 08:50 PM
finally :D

Zynx
26th September 2007, 06:16 PM
i hope age 8 is gonna be a good one finaly the admins are making better changes :)