PDA

View Full Version : Reassign spies/sentries, dismiss mercs

Od1n
26th August 2007, 04:05 AM
It would be nice if there was an option to reassign spies/sentries. It could be used for training up, instead of down. Or to hide ranks if you wish so.

Also an option to dismiss mercs would be greatly appreciated. They would just be gone after you dismiss them and not go back to the auction (to prevent merc-selloffs). This would be useful to train down, or hide ranks.

Right now I have to kill them off or arrange things to get them killed if I no longer need their services. Having loyal servants is great, but this is a bit over the top. It's strange these option aren't already in the game, since reassigning is available for soldiers for quite some time.

LoseR
26th August 2007, 07:34 AM
I don't see how anyone could be opposed to this idea. it'd be a nice feature to have.

beebob2uk
26th August 2007, 07:37 AM
dont be fooled Loser, it seems a lot of players are apposed to any change, no matter how small or obviously needed it may be, strange that these people comment on a beta thread, especially after overall the game's players voted in favour of big changes rather than a quick start new age

Soldier_Worst
26th August 2007, 07:42 AM
I'm more in favour of dismiss mercs than of reassigning spies and sentries.
I'm not against reassigning, just a bit hesitant. The consequences of this must be thought over. And I kinda like the tactical move "when to train down". If there's no way back, you really have to think it over before making that move.

So I'm pro dismiss mercs and neutral/hesitant to reassigning.

kurogina
26th August 2007, 07:53 AM
i've never really used mercs but it only makes sense that b/c you can buy them you should be able to dismiss them. What exactly is training down, like benefits, effects, etc.?

beebob2uk
26th August 2007, 08:26 AM
I'm more in favour of dismiss mercs than of reassigning spies and sentries.
I'm not against reassigning, just a bit hesitant. The consequences of this must be thought over. And I kinda like the tactical move "when to train down". If there's no way back, you really have to think it over before making that move.

So I'm pro dismiss mercs and neutral/hesitant to reassigning.

i agree its a tactical decision, but if i spent 2,800,000,000 training down now, realised i was too early, trained back for 1,600,000,000 then had to spend 2,800,000,000 again to do it right later, thats still a big decision, so it doesnt retract too much from the tactics for me personally

Od1n
26th August 2007, 08:27 AM
What exactly is training down, like benefits, effects, etc.?

Training down is training a part of your army to spies/sentries. Because spies and sentries do not count for the total fighting force, the TFF (army size) gets smaller. In Kings of Chaos, it is better to attack someone with an army size bigger than yours, because you will get a higher percentage of the gold that way. If you train down, your army size gets smaller, and you will be able to steal more gold from other players.

Downside is that your turn based gold will go down. (28 gold for soldiers, 12 gold for spies/sentries).

Soldier_Worst
26th August 2007, 09:19 AM
i agree its a tactical decision, but if i spent 2,800,000,000 training down now, realised i was too early, trained back for 1,600,000,000 then had to spend 2,800,000,000 again to do it right later, thats still a big decision, so it doesnt retract too much from the tactics for me personally

Unless you get 30B while doing it..
And thats not the main point to me anyway. If the top 10 accounts train down, they cannot use their spies and sentries as soldiers anymore to hold weapons, someone else can pass his SA and DA stats that way.
And if a person trains down due to a war for example, right now it's a harder decision cause you can't go back. When he/she realises many spies/sentries are killed due to masses, he/she is stuck cause it might have been safer to train to attack soldiers. The game would be easier if you can train back, dunno if easier is better..

Of course it's not unlogical, so I'm not against it, keep the old or add this feat, doesn't really matter to me.

RMFz-
26th August 2007, 12:23 PM
make it possible, but at double cost of training spy/sentry

tonyrodolfo
26th August 2007, 02:25 PM
i do like this idea maybe have it cost the same amount to untrain them as it does to train them

also i really like the mercs idea i would also like to see something added where you have to pay them daily you still need to buy them or the 4500/3500 amount but you also need to pay them to keep them every day i dont know whats a good amount maybe 50-100 gold per merc a day so that way it becomes costly to store up on them just some ideas

atti
26th August 2007, 04:39 PM
Excellent idea but an extra ingredient must be brought to the table. Spies and Sentries lose effectivety while they're untrained (from spies to sentries and vice versa). That means if spy is trained to sentry then the player will be a bit easier to recon and the sentry that is trained to spy will get a harder experience reconning others. Is just about balance.

Costs should be same train/untrain.

Savage_NPK
26th August 2007, 05:02 PM
Thats crazy why would a spy/sentry be less effective if they get the same training?

atti
26th August 2007, 05:18 PM
Not that crazy, once they're spies there is no reason why their yield could be the same as sentries.

Tidus-
26th August 2007, 06:01 PM
Nice idea one of the best so far, I hope admins follow up on it.

Savage_NPK
26th August 2007, 06:41 PM
How about since they have been trained to a spy/sentry before make it cheaper to train them again since they might have kept the training in their head...

Lord_Jadd
29th August 2007, 03:51 AM
i do like this idea maybe have it cost the same amount to untrain them as it does to train them

Yeah, it makes it quite fair. As for dismissing mercs, I think it should just cost zero.