PDA

View Full Version : XBox Live

Stephen
26th November 2004, 04:03 PM
It detects "IP Settings" (way to be vague Microshit!), and "DNS Settings", but my XBox can't connect to the XBox Live server. :(

Next thing you know I'll be doing homework or something, and that's just not on.

I assume that it's not working because I'm on a LAN... any ideas as to how this problem can be solved? What kind of adjustments should I be making so that it can work its way through the LAN?

Phyrus
27th November 2004, 06:49 PM
It detects "IP Settings" (way to be vague Microshit!), and "DNS Settings", but my XBox can't connect to the XBox Live server. :(

Next thing you know I'll be doing homework or something, and that's just not on.

I assume that it's not working because I'm on a LAN... any ideas as to how this problem can be solved? What kind of adjustments should I be making so that it can work its way through the LAN?

do you have a firewall? if you do and its up while trying to run xbox live, it might be contributing to your little issue

White_Hindu
27th November 2004, 08:13 PM
Microsoft has a list of all compatible routers and hubs on their xbox site. That's how I checked to see if mine worked.

**Edit

If you're at college, it's a safe bet to say you're fucked.

Stephen
28th November 2004, 03:02 AM
If you're at college, it's a safe bet to say you're fucked.
This is what I had figured. I don't have access to either the firewall or the router. I can't tweak shit, and I can't remove jack. Hell, I don't even know how I'd find out what kind of firewall I'm behind.

Thanks anyway.

White_Hindu
28th November 2004, 09:25 AM
The admin won't tell you either. If you subscribe to xbox live, then unsubscribe and stick to xbconnect (www.xbconnect.com) to play games for free.