PDA

View Full Version : New Stat

Alpha_Dog
8th August 2007, 01:58 PM
With a new race, it seems fitting that there should be a new stat....
give the elves back sentry and maybe make a new stat which would let you take soldiers from one army and recruit them into yours....undead would get the bonus

this stat would help by introducing
-a new 5x1 like system which instead of killing soldiers would recruit them
-a way to make elves stop complaining about losing sentry
-a new way to compensate with the loss of 1 turn attacks

obviously you would need a high "propaganda" stat (no idea what the name should be) in order to recruit alot of soldiers and maybe sentry could be used as a counter for it....the more sentry the less propaganda would work

idk....just an idea to throw out there

freija
8th August 2007, 02:16 PM
I like it :)
elves getting the sentry back!

chaser1
8th August 2007, 02:18 PM
Several names:

Social Affinity
Charisma
Intimidation

Diminutive Integrity

Alpha_Dog
8th August 2007, 03:09 PM
i was thinkin....and maybe it could be more like making enemies casualties into slaves

weapons could be like whip, and ball and chain or somethin like that

the enslavement stat would kinda work with your defense in preventing it and with your strike action in helping you gain more soldiers through enslaving others

ShadowLord
8th August 2007, 03:16 PM
If it were to be implemented, I think it would attack and defend itself, like the old format of covert action.

Or, your Enslavement stat could simply be an increase in the ratio of how many killed ones are recruited.

Then again, add another stat and KoC loses some of what it is.

Fernando
8th August 2007, 03:30 PM
Then again, add another stat and KoC loses some of what it is.

Agreed. Although it might be useful if 5*1 brougth back again.

Instead of create new stats, boost things that exist already. Instead of ur enslavement method insert a fucking unit production bonus there and no need to major changes.

C Henry
8th August 2007, 03:56 PM
I think you guys are trying to change koc way too much. All it needed was a few small tweaks.

Scaramilk
8th August 2007, 04:11 PM
I think you guys are trying to change koc way too much. All it needed was a few small tweaks.

Agreed.

It's mainly formulas and balancing things that need tweaking. Big changes require way too much coding and end result will often have bugs in the time-short frame given for the beta to run in.

ZoSo_AoA-
8th August 2007, 04:12 PM

Are you referring to the players or the admins?

C Henry
8th August 2007, 04:57 PM
Are you referring to the players or the admins?

Little bit of both.

Smitty
8th August 2007, 09:41 PM

I totally agree. Too many changes and the game may as well be scrapped. You're putting too much of a strain on the ADMIN with this crap. Let 'em do their tweaking and let's see what transpires from it.

Gaara
8th August 2007, 11:02 PM
I have to agree. When the admins said "Big changes" I sincerely doubt they meant we would be adding any resurrection, vampirism, mystical orbs or any such nonsense.

What this game needs is tweaks in formulas, and minor tweaks toward game rules. Most extreme change should have been the new race, which is fine by itself. Let's not annoy the admins and the GUA posters with ideas that shouldn't and probably never will be in the game.

RMFz-
9th August 2007, 03:52 AM
umm gaara...its not Giant_Dave its GiantDave. Dunno about don. Referring to your sig.

kurogina
9th August 2007, 04:03 AM
completely agree, lets at LEAST test out the undead race for an age or two before we decide to make any major changes, especially a stat one, theres already enough crap being talked about we reallllllly dont need this right now

warliookshtis
9th August 2007, 04:10 AM
I think we need two new stats one who take slaves other who defend from taking slaves. and one new rase who have bonus with defenders from slaves taken :) and then we take slaves it's becoming like mercenaries :)

Nameless_87
9th August 2007, 04:20 AM
I think we need two new stats one who take slaves other who defend from taking slaves. and one new rase who have bonus with defenders from slaves taken :) and then we take slaves it's becoming like mercenaries :)

You didnt make changes... you turned koc upside down.

I disagree with this. There are already enough races and stats imo. All koc needs now is some tweaks like formulas, sabb and turn limit, etc... only some minor ones. We dont need major changes for now... beta will last another month so hopefully all final changes will be done within 2 weeks so the last 2 weeks we can adapt to how the real age 8 is going to be.

Gaara
9th August 2007, 07:10 AM
umm gaara...its not Giant_Dave its GiantDave. Dunno about don. Referring to your sig.

Fixed. thanks for pointing that out.

And nameless is right, they've made all of the big changes they nee to make (although some of thm still neeed reconsideration)

So, let's not rewrite the game like this unless KoC ends up being in serious trouble, because changes like you guys are suggesing takes away from the simplicity that attracts many of us to KoC. If you guys want to do anything elaborate and complicated like this, go play D&D