PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for the battlefield

silenocence
5th August 2007, 03:59 PM
How about a new way of organizing the battlefield. Like if we could look up by number of soldiers. I mean if I'm looking to attack someone I'm looking at two maybe three things. 1) how many soldiers they have, 2) how much gold they have 3) if their in my clan.

It's been suggested before but how about a way to bank my gold? A seperate section that lets you bank however much you'd like from your current gold.

Lord of forest
5th August 2007, 04:03 PM
be a little bit more precise, please. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't get what you tried to suggest.

silenocence
5th August 2007, 04:23 PM
i want a way to find people with a certain number of soldiers in the battlefield. right now you can look up by page number and username. i want a way to find users with say between 2500 and 4500 soldiers.

Nameless_87
5th August 2007, 04:36 PM
The battlefield is divided into these:

Alliance Name Army Size Treasury Rank

Maybe implement it such that you can press on army size and the battlefield is sorted with the biggest army size first and not always rank sorted. I think it would be very useful since TFF is a major isue when finding gold. Same for Gold and Name.

beebob2uk
5th August 2007, 05:11 PM
although it would completely destroy the 'rank hiders' tactic, which would piss some people off, i like the idea anyway

silenocence
5th August 2007, 07:30 PM
it'd piss some people off, but so has half of the changes the admins have put into the beta. why not one more and see how it goes?

Scaramilk
5th August 2007, 07:41 PM
this is a bad idea. it destroys the skill involved in gold finding. slaying should not be easy work, and effort has to be put in finding good targets

silenocence
5th August 2007, 07:45 PM
yes, it would take away the skill involved. it would also take away some of the pathetic gold hits by those who just randomly attack. which i seem to still be getting

Lord of forest
6th August 2007, 03:54 AM
this is a bad idea. it destroys the skill involved in gold finding. slaying should not be easy work, and effort has to be put in finding good targets
agreed. I already wrote this somewhere else: Seek for your gold and don't just pick it up. ;)

Od1n
6th August 2007, 04:19 AM
Sorting by gold would make it too easy to find targets. Anyone who tries to sell off, or just made a hit, will be found in notime. That's too much chaos for anyone to handle.

For what it's worth, try using firefox greasemonkey battlefield script. You can set parameters for army size and amount of gold (only if you can see it of course). You still have to flip the pages tho.

Kill3rSam
6th August 2007, 06:15 AM
could just say you don't agree lol ..

maybe it could sort them by gold/tff/ we/e but just per 50rank page ?

this would probably be easier on the server aswel, leaves the possibility to rank hide and doesn't make it too easy for slayers either.

bvdv
6th August 2007, 07:31 AM
just use greasemonkey, and set the tff high enough, you can search pretty fast like this

Kill3rSam
6th August 2007, 07:58 AM
there are many scripts and tools for koc ,the point of game suggestions is to make some of them public to everyone who is accesing koc, and might not be active in an alliance or knows how to get help tools.
and greasemonkey isn't even crossbrowser.

Gaara
6th August 2007, 09:14 AM
I think sorting by gold and TFF doesn't make so much sense. The game always lists matches by rank, so even doing it just for the page you are on doesn't make sense to me. If you don't want to do the work, just use firefox w/greasemonkey like everyone else is suggesting.

Kill3rSam
6th August 2007, 10:57 AM
who says it need to make sense, it are idea's and (dis)agreements, did an extra race make sence ? to me the basic of the game where the 4 races, it's all just perspective really.

silenocence
6th August 2007, 09:00 PM
the extra race didn't make much sense but at least now when people look over my shoulder they don't immediately assume this is some lotr rpg that got a bit annoying

and my suggestion was mainly just a way to sort by number of soldiers. it's not so much not wanting to do the work. i spent a good two hours using 1000 some odd attack turns in age 7. that's quite a bit of time to waste especially going through pages and every so many pages being nothing but accounts with not nearly enough soldiers to be worth the hit. if we can be sorted by rank but see the number of soldiers and depending on your spy amount of gold. why not be able to be sorted by number of soldiers and see rank and ammount of gold. you still have to look and make sure you aren't attacking someone way out of your league. just a different way to do it.

The_Irony
7th August 2007, 04:28 AM

:badger_2:Completely agree

alwaysl00king2
10th August 2007, 10:21 AM
Altho I would have to change my game strategy, personally I like being able to sort by any thing listed in the battlefield.

The only problem I see with this is the load on the KoC servers. If this is a problem, then the sort should probably be used maybe once every hour or something (set a limit). Of course after the sort you can go thru the pages after they've been sorted, even if the data gets out of date.

I like the sort Idea (and don't like it..LOL), but I would rather see the sort function added, because personally I think it will add chaos to this game.

AL2