PDA

View Full Version : Questions...

kendo_sarner
24th November 2004, 02:30 PM
Ok...heres the deal..whats with the hp and mana stuff? oh and I have another question..but I forgot it...umm...I'll post it as soon as I remember...

Tau
24th November 2004, 02:33 PM
The stats are used for the Roleplay section of the site (well, more specifically the Battle Arena).

For more info, check the FAQs.

Stephen
24th November 2004, 02:35 PM
As stated in the exhaustive FAQ (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=401), they are as follows.

What are the coloured bars at the side of my post?
Those are stats. Itís something that was added to the forum a long time ago. It was supposed to be used for role-playing in the Battle Arena, but most people don't use them in there anymore. Stats are affected in many different ways. You can get your max values by clicking update stats at the top left of the main page. You can get them filled by clicking on request refill, which is right below update. There was an announcement explaining them, but it's gone. I'll quote it below.

Originally posted by Ithaqua
Ok. I'll let you all in on a few of the things that affect your stats:

HP is primarily affected by the average number of posts per day
MP is primarily affected by the average post length
PP is primarily affected by the number of days since you joined

Think of it this way:

HP is what you do - how many posts you make each day.
MP is sort of your intelligence - how long your posts are.
PP is like stamina - how long you've hung around.

Now, there are other things that affect your stats:
All stats are multiplied by your COMMITMENT ranking. In other words, if you've got a commitment ranking of 50, then your stat would be 50% of what it could be. If your commitment ranking goes up slightly, then you'd have slightly higher stats.

All stats are also multiplied by your level, of course.

All stats are finally multiplied by a number - this number depends on your element. For instance:

The element "BONE" adds the following multipliers:

HP: 1.2
MP: 1.4
PP: 0.9

Meaning that your final HP is multiplied by 1.2, your final MP is multiplied by 1.4 and your final PP is multiplied by 0.9. (Note: The element "bone" doesn't actually exist - this is an example.)

Your level is determined now by a series of things:

Number of posts, Average length of time on per day, Average length of posts, Number of days since you joined AND commitment ranking.

With this new system, your stats can go DOWN. This is important to note:

If you start posting a bunch of one-word posts, your stats will go DOWN. If you start losing commitment, your stats will go DOWN.

The average length of time that you're on each day doesn't affect anything but your level, and it does so in a very minute way - you should not notice it unless you are a newbie.

I hope this helps to explain things.

Click here to increase the max value of your stats (must have at least one post). (http://www.giveupalready.com/update.php?action=doupdate)
Click here to fill up the bars (might take a while for it to happen). (http://www.giveupalready.com/refill.php)

edit: Tau may have beaten me too it but my answer is far superior.

kendo_sarner
24th November 2004, 03:42 PM
I see...thanks much!...so what your saying is I can make a thread then post something really long about like my day or something else and it would increase my stats? :)

Tarukai
24th November 2004, 06:36 PM
well no, as you would most likely have to post it in Spam and Chat, which is where posts do not count. sorry.

but you can find threads of your interest, and post in them, giving information to help them, or just to talk. that would help.

kendo_sarner
7th June 2005, 12:41 AM
Okay, I'm attempting to get into rp in the BA but I'm not sure how the mana and hp and pp stuff work, like how does it decrease? Or for hp, if you use a healing potion, how does it increase, or something? Or does it even? This is VERY confusing and I've tried reading the manual, but I just can't find the info. Plz help!

Theta
7th June 2005, 01:15 AM
Um...Are you asking about the stats underneath the name again?

If so, then i think they just stay the same amount (first number) then when you request a refill and the refill is successful then i goes up to the maximum amount. correct me if im wrong, but i believe that is how it works.

If your asking about RPing stats (like stats for your character) your better off posting a topic in chat corner or something like that, you will get more responses there.

DJ_Magnavox
7th June 2005, 02:00 AM
Those stats are actually there for nothing. If you RP in the BA you CAN do a modded battle. This means that, if you are fighting somebody a moderator will decrease your HP, MP and PP after every post.

If you are not doing any modded battles, which hardly happen, they have no use.

You can also level up. After you have posted in the BA, you can update your stats. Your experience will increase depending on your average posts, post length etc.

You can update your stats, and request a refill using the Quick Links --> Update stats or Quick Links--> Request a refill.

In the last case one of the mods or so will update it asap. (Not sure who or what does it btw... I just know it doesn't happen immediatly)

kendo_sarner
7th June 2005, 09:50 PM
Your patience with me astounds me. I thank you for your patience and understanding and now I know about them, thank you both for answering my question.