PDA

View Full Version : How are they different

Truewind
26th April 2007, 07:24 PM
WE have soo many different alliances to choose from, i can only name a bunch from my head.

But that leads a person to ask, What's the difference between one alliance and another, don't they all offer about the same thing?

And what is their political system like?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's what i feel: MOST alliances function approximately the same way, and the only reason to choose one over another, is the behavior of one person in one alliance versus another person in another alliance.

So here are some alliances i thought of off the top of my head, we'll inevitably add more:

1. PR

a Political Structure (Monarchy or Democracy)
b Size of Alliance(Big, average, small, tiny),
c Leader structure currently this age(includes Leader, and Admins).
d What it offers its members?

2. LaCn
3. ES

1 Political Structure Democracy-we vote on most things in our admin section, and then in our trusted section, sometimes we just put things to vote for our general members. The owner of the 'Lead' account does get voted upon, as do new admins.
2 Size of Alliance-average
3 Leader structure currently this age-we don't have leaders of the alliance-each admin has the same say. We have a 'lead account' which is Ste's, but he does not soley speak for ES. In terms of admins we have:
aper
Badass-Babe
Custos
Danny_Boy
Fibs
Judderz
JuzaDaMan
l0_0l
mashman
rachelf
richardbajor
SabSt0rm
sinhart
Stes_The_Destroyer
t0msky
4 What it offers its members -fun, lots of sabbing, wars, being #1 most hated alliance, a very 'adult' alliance-most of us are oldies lol!

4. FF

a Democracy
b Big
c Dissenter, DD, Somc, Airy, Karinzuja, Big-bad, Hans.
d Protection, People to talk to :D

5. THTC
6. TF
7. DR
8. RF
9. TDO
10. BSS

a Political Structure: Ever watched Simpsons? there is one episode where the charactsers have a "Do what you feel day" and there are no rules, thats pretty much what BSS is like, we have a leader, Bonsai and several key members, but nobody tells anyone what to do really
b Fairly small tbh when compared with most clans/alliances, strangely enough we dont tend to have a big chain structure
c Most people are either 1 down or 2 down from Bonsai, Admins would be Lordvlad, Solitude, Schadenfreude and BSS-Rulemachine i think.
d Nothing material, although individual commanders do give out cc to their officers. The only thing we can garrentee you is the best (or worst, however you feel) reputation in KoC ^_^

11. NJ
12. Nameless
13. Darkhorse
14. LGC
15. NR

a Political Structure (Monarchy or Democracy):

Any promotions are decided by the administration. This includes admins and supermoderators. Decisions vary from a collective decision from the entire alliance to a closed vote in the admin section.

Medium. 600+ forum members; second age with a top 25 account.

Admins:
Davie
Gundarl
Jumper

Global Mods:
Cash_money_empire
LordCounter
Majorglitch

One of the 3 admins is leading the chain. This age it's been Gundarl-NR. Next age we are having a supermod leading it. Other admins in NR are not playing a major role in the chain.

No recruitment, please :)

16. TCBH
17. FIT

1 Political Structure (Monarchy or Democracy)

Benevolent dictatorship with limited oligarchy.

2 Size of Alliance(Big, average, small, tiny),

Small-Medium, I suppose. About 400 approved forum members, a few dozen in-chain KoC players, and about three dozen recently active forum members. At least a dozen of which post every day.

3 Leader structure currently this age(includes Leader, and Admins).

ROOT Admin (1)
Admin (1)
Moderators (4)
Council (14)
Members (~350)
Validating/Banned (~700)

4 What it offers its members
Their wildest dreams come true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

O.k so What we need added now to this list is:

So fill in these gaps, we'll go with 4 factors:

Now to classify an alliance as a Democracy you need to be able to ELECT the Leader and the Admins.
Anything else, and it will be classified as a monarchy, unless of course your alliance has no leaders, :D

So lets get to filling that list, and WHAT does your alliance give... that no one else does?

If you do say your alliance gives 1,000 clicks, you must mean, EVERY single member receives 1,000 clicks.

We'll see which alliance sticks out :D

And if your alliance isn't listed, and is Average size, or big, or VERY popular, be sure to mention it and i'll add it to the list.

Gem-
26th April 2007, 09:51 PM
Interesting, FF elects their admins every age?

rachelf
27th April 2007, 12:17 AM
1 Political Structure Democracy-we vote on most things in our admin section, and then in our trusted section, sometimes we just put things to vote for our general members. The owner of the 'Lead' account does get voted upon, as do new admins.
2 Size of Alliance-average
3 Leader structure currently this age-we don't have leaders of the alliance-each admin has the same say. We have a 'lead account' which is Ste's, but he does not soley speak for ES. In terms of admins we have:
aper
Badass-Babe
Custos
Danny_Boy
Fibs
Judderz
JuzaDaMan
l0_0l
mashman
rachelf
richardbajor
SabSt0rm
sinhart
Stes_The_Destroyer
t0msky

4 What it offers its members -fun, lots of sabbing, wars, being #1 most hated alliance, a very 'adult' alliance-most of us are oldies lol!

Neomackenzie
27th April 2007, 01:43 AM
Starting making lists about this and that clan is useless. Time changes things and clans will change too. People will come, post about their clan and leave. And this will become another advertisement thread for the alliances listed in the first post.

Let's rather discuss about what everyone has to offer beside the "average advantages".

Are there distinctions?
Does a clan offer more than another?
Are there too many clans? Should there be stricter rules to have your clan in the Round Table?
Are alliances decreasing in quality?
What about member's devotion?
Do you think a loyal member can join several places?

*->Static<-*
27th April 2007, 02:55 AM
If you would check out the round table you would see that members post the most useless reasons to join there alliance. So what is the point of this thread?

Hansscherff
27th April 2007, 02:56 AM
Interesting, FF elects their admins every age?

We did it for the first time this age, last age we did vote for the head account tho, the only one that was excluded from the vote was the admin Dissenter that runs our forums on his server and pays for the domain etc.

We're not yet sure if its going to be a thing that returns every age, maybe it will just be when new admins are required when old ones quit, or just when the members arent satisfied with the current admins.

Hans

SOMC
27th April 2007, 03:08 AM
I dont see what you are all bitching about. To some people this kind of shit is interesting. If its not to you, bugger off, if it is, feel free to participate.

Poltionorch
27th April 2007, 03:21 AM
True, I find this thread interesting as well and i'd like to see more clan keyfigures filling in the gaps. Enlighten us about your clan :)

SOMC
27th April 2007, 04:08 AM

Just a question, not a contradiction. Does your lead account get voted on by all of the members of ES or just the "trusted section"? And is the "trusted" a seperate group with more say then the regular members of ES? I ask this out of ignorance, not out of spite, trust me.

Davie
27th April 2007, 10:10 AM
15. NR

a Political Structure (Monarchy or Democracy):

Any promotions are decided by the administration. This includes admins and supermoderators. Decisions vary from a collective decision from the entire alliance to a closed vote in the admin section.

Medium. 600+ forum members; second age with a top 25 account.

Admins:
Davie
Gundarl
Jumper

Global Mods:
Cash_money_empire
LordCounter
Majorglitch

One of the 3 admins is leading the chain. This age it's been Gundarl-NR. Next age we are having a supermod leading it. Other admins in NR are not playing a major role in the chain.

No recruitment, please :)

Lil_Wolfy
27th April 2007, 11:02 AM
10. BSS

a Political Structure (Monarchy or Democracy)

a Political Structure: Ever watched Simpsons? there is one episode where the charactsers have a "Do what you feel day" and there are no rules, thats pretty much what BSS is like, we have a leader, Bonsai and several key members, but nobody tells anyone what to do really
b Fairly small tbh when compared with most clans/alliances, strangely enough we dont tend to have a big chain structure
c Most people are either 1 down or 2 down from Bonsai, Admins would be Lordvlad, Solitude, Schadenfreude and BSS-Rulemachine i think.
d Nothing material, although individual commanders do give out cc to their officers. The only thing we can garrentee you is the best (or worst, however you feel) reputation in KoC ^_^

Blitz
27th April 2007, 11:44 AM
This is for FiT, obviously.

Benevolent dictatorship with limited oligarchy.

Small-Medium, I suppose. About 400 approved forum members, a few dozen in-chain KoC players, and about three dozen recently active forum members. At least a dozen of which post every day.

ROOT Admin (1)
Admin (1)
Moderators (4)
Council (14)
Members (~350)
Validating/Banned (~700)

Their wildest dreams come true.

EDIT: Neo's questions:

Are there distinctions?
We have frequent "MSN Chats," which have been pretty popular. Very friendly forums, consistent posters, etc. I could go on, but I wouldn't want to use this as recruitment.

Does a clan offer more than another?
We're a rather old alliance. Most of our active members have been playing for over 2 years.

Are there too many clans? Should there be stricter rules to have your clan in the Round Table?
Not really necessary. I'd say there are about as many alliances as can be supported, unlike some ages past, especially between ages 2-4.

Are alliances decreasing in quality?
On the average, I'd say quality is increasing. More alliances have more experience. Alliances aren't as massive, and the tiny alliances have generally died off.

What about member's devotion?
Always an important quality. A good alliance has to have a core of devoted and loyal members.

Do you think a loyal member can join several places?
It really depends on the alliances. Definitely if the alliances are allied or friendly with each other. Probably if we're talking small alliances which share style but avoid confict with each other. If we're talking about being a member of a few larger alliances, though, that will naturally cause trouble, unless you make it clear that one alliance is absolutely primary.

Truewind
27th April 2007, 08:09 PM
Thanks to:

ES
BSS
NR
and FIT

For adding their info :)

I've updated the first post to include all their info.

It's awesome looking at what different alliances offer, what makes them unique, and who their leaders are.

And who knows, it might not be the leaders that define who joins, maybe someone here has a great system, and thus has created an amazing alliance.

jaredmt
28th April 2007, 07:57 PM
i think for someone lookin for an alliance, what really matters is the people in the alliance. if u can get along with them and come to like them then they should be a good fit for you.

of course it could also depend on what style game play u'd like: warring, ranking, or both. but then again, i started as a ranker and I really liked the first alliance i joined. they got into a war and i was more than willing to change to a sabber acount. so i think the most important thing is wether or not they like the people and the environment of their alliance

PettyW
28th April 2007, 08:05 PM
TDO: We win
LaCN: #2 is the first loser

thats what it all comes down too

Truewind
29th April 2007, 12:23 AM
TDO: We win
LaCN: #2 is the first loser

thats what it all comes down too

I hate to go off topic though, and god knows i want Henry to get rank 1, but If tdo would sab more with FF and PR, maybe this war would be over.