View Full Version : Question on shoutbox
1st April 2007, 09:28 AM
Hi i was wondering if anyone knew of a shout box which is
2) Makes user register into the forum/shoutbox before using
3) Isnt like a small shoutbox in a corner but a rather bigger one on the top something like the one of my website in the sig(though mine is in the bottom). I mean right now i can ban people and whatever but i'd like t o avoid that and make them register to use it.
Preffrably register to the forum.
(all For invision free)
1st April 2007, 11:11 AM
I know of one for vB. I would easily be able to pm you the info about it, so just let me know if you are using vBulletin.
1st April 2007, 11:58 AM
1st April 2007, 12:02 PM
OMG that is ugly... The one I know of fits the width of your forum skin and can be on top of, or at the bottom of, the forum list.
1st April 2007, 06:19 PM
Yours would require vbulletin, which also is not free. That one's just the first thing I Found that I googled... it doesn't look like it'd be too hard to hack up to do whatever you want.
1st April 2007, 07:13 PM
I was going under the assumption that he already had a board, which is why I asked what kind he had. :\
1st April 2007, 07:49 PM
oh ok but for that one can users register(into forum preffriably) so not everyone can just post a random shout?
1st April 2007, 08:06 PM
Oh since you're using invision free... you can't really add much to it. I'd recommend you just use IRC and a java client
1st April 2007, 08:24 PM
I actually found a lot of info on adding a shoutbox to invisionfree, which I PM'd to him.
3rd April 2007, 10:21 AM
its a free shoutbox
dunno if its good but it works and is free and the Premium version is also there which can be purchased
4th April 2007, 01:43 AM
what you also can do is:
1. Go to a shoutbox provider where you can get a code for one and register for a shoutbox.
2. Set it up to your liking.
3. Get the code for the shoutbox.
4. Once you have the code, go to Admin CP -> Skinning & Styles -> Board Wrappers
5. Paste the shoutbox code in either the Header & Body or Footer area.
6.replace <% BOARD %> with:
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<td width="100%" align="center" valign="top">
YOUR SHOUTBOX CODE HERE
<tr><td width="100%" align="center">
<% BOARD %>
17th April 2007, 11:30 PM
how do i put the shout box at bottom but to the center? cause the code aboves makes it at the top to the center.
18th April 2007, 02:25 AM
Where it says valign="top" change it to valign="bottom".
That's your vertical alignment attribute. Options are top, middle, or bottom.
align is the horizontal alignment attribute. Options are left, center or right.
To center the table on the page, add the align attribute to the table tag:
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center">