PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember age 2?

Clone
7th March 2007, 05:19 PM
Ah, the good old days. Sabotage was basically useless, and the only thing that did any good was massing.

Anyone remember Evil Tracy and the OSA? That was probably the most fun I've ever had in KOC, with maybe my age 3 sabbing spree coming in at a close second.

Oh, and lordstriker is a noob.

OmegaSt0rm
7th March 2007, 08:09 PM
I remember age 2. I also remember Evil Tracy, but I don't remember anything else about that person except the name is familiar.

Age 2 and Age 3 beta were so much fun.

-OmegaSt0rm

LoseR
7th March 2007, 08:29 PM
How about age 1? I don't remember much about age 1 politics (I wasn't into that sort of thing back then.), but I could probably tell you a bit about the gameplay, if anyone wants to know that.

rouen
7th March 2007, 08:39 PM
Age 1 politics were just starting to form up. It didnt have as much an impact as it did in Age 2. The game was flawed so it was easier to succeed. I mean I think I finished the age with 100 soldiers and either the 2nd or 3rd DA in the game. I mean in Age 1 relentless was only a group of like 15-20 people, and thats on the high side.

Age 2 was when the alliances really started to form up and mattered. The wars were particularly fun. The guys from redvsblue came in and started making waves, relentless, SC, Elite and may others. It was a fun age.

Clone
7th March 2007, 09:24 PM
yea i completely forgot about redvsblue. they quit cuz they got massed by SC or relentless? can't remember.

Age 2 and Age 3 beta were so much fun.

Age 2 was fun, and I didn't really play age 3 beta too seriously, but all the mass sabbings and everything was pretty cool.

The admins should just bring back age 2 settings, I might play again.

rouen
7th March 2007, 09:56 PM
yea i completely forgot about redvsblue. they quit cuz they got massed by SC or relentless? can't remember.

Relentless and all of its allies. They actually folded pretty quick and were pretty upset about it.

HoD
8th March 2007, 01:56 AM
Anyone remember Evil Tracy and the OSA?

My memory sucks, but wasnt that something like Overthrow Striker Alliance?

I'm probably so very wrong hehe

HoD

Phyrus
8th March 2007, 02:41 AM
The clan recruiter (thx to LS) corrupted the future.

EdThaSt0rm`
8th March 2007, 09:07 AM
My memory sucks, but wasnt that something like Overthrow Striker Alliance?

I'm probably so very wrong hehe

HoD

You are right, it was Overthrow Striker Alliance.

They were specialized in massing lol. Masses were very effective at that time.

EvilTracy was also known by the name SithL0rd right?

Jezuzz
8th March 2007, 09:11 AM
The clan recruiter (thx to LS) corrupted the future.

IF ls wouldnt make one, others would of start one :o

EdThaSt0rm`
8th March 2007, 09:14 AM
No everyone would still use clickmasters lol.

HoD
8th March 2007, 10:17 AM
No everyone would still use clickmasters lol.

Angelfire!!

I think that's what it was called anyway... Boy, the joy of pasting "xx now has 3000 men" or whatever it was hehe. This thread has made me realise I really am an oldtimer ^_^

HoD

CrippledLucifer-
8th March 2007, 11:21 AM
actually it was the Archangel recruiter, and fury was working on #koclinks in the chatchannel.org server i believe, so it was not just the CR that started things. i only used Hellenic Alliance's clickmaster of the time, and i have to say it was a freaking pain in the butt to keep pasting links there trying not to go invalid. that and the panic when age 3 beta started, when everyone was on the chatchannel server exchanging links for hours...

and i think OSA was a merge against LS by Relentless Elite and others, correct me if i'm wrong. though the Darks and HA were also massing LS, then turn farming when he fell in the 40k ranks...

conclusion: those were the days :raiseroof

DOBERMAN
8th March 2007, 03:47 PM
and i think OSA was a merge against LS by Relentless Elite and others, correct me if i'm wrong. though the Darks and HA were also massing LS, then turn farming when he fell in the 40k ranks...

OSA and Orc Army led by EvilTracy was warring LS at the time SC, Darks and Relentless was allies.

LoseR
8th March 2007, 09:58 PM
yea, funny how computer programs change things. people donate thousands of credits like they are nothing. back in the day 1000 clicks was a hell of a lot.

Paradiso
8th March 2007, 10:34 PM
The day LS lost all his DA was the most fun and memorable day of KoC ever...

OmegaSt0rm
8th March 2007, 11:39 PM
The day LS lost all his DA was the most fun and memorable day of KoC ever...

I would say the last few days of age 3 beta were! The LS with no DA novelty wore off after a couple turns when you realized that so many people were attacking LS on the turn that you had like zero hopes of actually stealing gold.

The mass sabbs at the end of age 3 beta were priceless. So many armories demolished in so little time for everyone by everyone.

-OmegaSt0rm

fury
8th March 2007, 11:48 PM
I was there, and I miss it. :(

Archangel's recruiter was awesome in its day.

The RvB thing...that was fun and disappointing to watch at the same time. They were offering an Xbox for the best clicker on their recruiter. Sandman came up out of nowhere to be the #3 in TFF, only to give it up at a crucial moment... I wonder what would have happened had they not given up.

I miss mass attacks the most, though. It made even the little guy feel important, and even the top guy vulnerable, if even for just losing a few hours of TBG cause he wasn't there to keep his account protected from a mass.

The fact that there was also a specific goal to obtain sab immunity gave the little guy something to go for to feel even in the least sense that they've "completed" the game.

The attitude back then was that those things all had to go; the mass attacks, the hard sab immunity rule, etc. There were a lot of suggestions that got implemented that now, they're not quite as desirable as people thought they were back then I think.

fury
8th March 2007, 11:50 PM
you had like zero hopes of actually stealing gold.I stole about 3 or 4 myself, and knew several people who got in the same. It's all about multiple tabs in Firefox and being the first one to the draw. Or clicking just before the turn, if you had a good instinct.

Clone
9th March 2007, 12:01 AM
yea, funny how computer programs change things. people donate thousands of credits like they are nothing. back in the day 1000 clicks was a hell of a lot.

yea i remember LS having like 200k soldiers and thinking that was ridiculous and that he must spend all day clicking himself. in age 2 i never even made 1,000 soliders, most i had was like 890 or something.

also, I actually got one of the gold hits on LS. The timing was impeccable, although I don't recall the amount in which I got, i think it was like 4 million(which was a shitload back then).

fury
9th March 2007, 12:49 AM
About 4.7 million gold. For me, that was an awesome hit for a half hour's work, because back then, my TBG was 400k.

Clone
9th March 2007, 02:38 AM
well, for me it was more than a half hours work. it took me a lot of attempts to do it, and most of the time i just got 0 gold. but my tbg was like 50,000 per turn, so it was definately worth it.

DOBERMAN
11th March 2007, 05:56 PM
I was there, and I miss it. :(

Archangel's recruiter was awesome in its day.

The RvB thing...that was fun and disappointing to watch at the same time. They were offering an Xbox for the best clicker on their recruiter. Sandman came up out of nowhere to be the #3 in TFF, only to give it up at a crucial moment... I wonder what would have happened had they not given up.

KOC admins were notified that rvb people was using prizes for theire clicking contest they had going on and when that was declared illegal by KOC admins the entire rvb clicking contest fell in ashes.

wutdouwant13
11th March 2007, 09:36 PM
O man, back in the day...I left before lordstriker met his downfall, so waht exactly happened to him? And what's up with there only being 39,000 active players? I remember when there were over 1 million players!?

Phyrus
11th March 2007, 09:39 PM
Something about sabotage. Once you hit the value of 131,072, you were officially sab-immune.

Shane-
11th March 2007, 09:46 PM
O man, back in the day...I left before lordstriker met his downfall, so waht exactly happened to him? And what's up with there only being 39,000 active players? I remember when there were over 1 million players!?

At the very most, Koc had 300k 'Accounts' on the battlefield, and a fair percent of those where fake accounts, And accounts that didnt play (People registered, and never loged in again)

DOBERMAN
12th March 2007, 10:15 AM
I remember when there were over 1 million players!?

Funny you mention it, thats what i remember too

Millar
14th March 2007, 02:17 PM
I was only started playing in age 5! :O

Davie
14th March 2007, 05:23 PM
I remember them stating somewhere relatively early on that they had had over 500,000 sign ups. And yes, I remember Age 2 - back when I was in The Rebel Alliance :)

el--diablo
18th March 2007, 04:17 PM
lol yeah age 2 was the best, I remember I finished with around 70 soldiers or so and I was so psyched, I'd laugh at my friends for having just like 40 and I thought I was absolutely awesome!

Also, then, rank was a lot harder to come by. I mean I spent most of the age logging on every day and struggling to break the 30k rank.

Bringing back age 2 settings would really be great, and limit clicking more.

Sleeper did you lead an anti PR sabbing alliance as well? Or maybe it was someone pretending to be you...

LordDetenzer
19th March 2007, 10:40 AM
Something about sabotage. Once you hit the value of 131,072, you were officially sab-immune.

you sure it wasnt 7--,--- ???? i thought i remembered it starting with a 7... but that was a long time ago so im probably wrong

MysteriousMan-
19th March 2007, 11:09 AM
Yeah, was pretty cool in age 2/

I first joined SC got to know Clan recruiter faked logs and asked SC to attack my friend, coz we were fighting with him for a better rank.

SC sucked, they never helped me much so I joined RF

''we Own jOO'' :p

were the best dayz, was so proud to be armada etc :p and when the big mass on Ls came i was so proud of myself that my attacks helped :P

orcOO took #1 and RF mission succeded

kshitijhinger
19th March 2007, 07:33 PM
lol .. yea .. i rem .. age2 i 1st played ... those were good old days .. i used to hit for like 200k gold ... played age 3 beta, 3 and 4 .. and came back now :)

but certainlly KOC was more fun those days ... no of people have reduced a lot ... but strangely so many peeps are clickwhores ... army sizes still increasing ... but i still like those days !!! lets have settings like those for a change :)

Arghhhh_SaD
20th March 2007, 10:48 AM
So much memories reading about Age 2 knowing I was a total noob at that time. Still all who's played Age 2 and Age 3 Beta misses the times. That's when the big moments happend ;)

I remember being on this clicker called Massive Clicks or something. Where we had to click 1000 clicks in one week on the good old Clickmaster or we'd be banned for like 3 days or something :P I think that was Age 3 Beta though. Good ol' times! :D

Infiltrate
20th March 2007, 11:03 AM
only being 39,000 active players? I remember when there were over 1 million players!?

Most I ever saw was almost 270k maybe a little more, that was about age 3/beta if I remember right.

I do recall though....... when you googled "KoC" or "Kings Of Chaos", KoC website would be the first in the results list and it used to say something like "over 500,000 players" in that brief description you get of the website you'd be about to click the link to.

ranked like 15k those days lol, I remember catching a "sell" the dude was upgrading to trenches I think it was, what a steal! My friends/cousins were like "woahhhh!" 2.2 mill gold!

Awesome I remember it like it was yesterday :D

SilverSable
20th March 2007, 01:52 PM
So much memories reading about Age 2 knowing I was a total noob at that time. Still all who's played Age 2 and Age 3 Beta misses the times. That's when the big moments happend ;)

I remember being on this clicker called Massive Clicks or something. Where we had to click 1000 clicks in one week on the good old Clickmaster or we'd be banned for like 3 days or something :P I think that was Age 3 Beta though. Good ol' times! :D
Indeed. Age 2 was the best age ever... It all went downhill from there. :(

DOBERMAN
20th March 2007, 03:12 PM
Most I ever saw was almost 270k maybe a little more, that was about age 3/beta if I remember right.

I do recall though....... when you googled "KoC" or "Kings Of Chaos", KoC website would be the first in the results list and it used to say something like "over 500,000 players" in that brief description you get of the website you'd be about to click the link to.

ahh, a case of misunderstanding regarding number of players playing vs number of players registerd , cus i remember well how i told someone back in age 3 beta that it had reached more than 1 mill players .. it is ofcourse because the Unike ID's went from 1 and up back then and during age 3 beta it reached more than 1 mill registerd ID's since day one ~

fury
20th March 2007, 04:48 PM
It was during Age 2, because I started the account I'm using right now in Age 2, and it has a user ID number of 1458268. I think a lot of the user ID inflation went on back then because you couldn't change commanders without starting a new account.

Sixix
21st March 2007, 02:42 AM
there has never been a million players. ive started in age3b and i think the maximum ive seen was really like 270k or so, but accounts didnt went inactive as far as i remember, so its difficult to compare to the newer ages when account go inactive after 2 weeks without loggin in.

Cocaine
21st March 2007, 08:06 AM
Age II was my first Age. I was a member of The Paladium (The alliance lead by Shylore). I finished that Age with one of the lowest total fighting forces in the bottom 1,000 ( I had about 500 troops, I think).

What an Age, man! I remember when Shylore was massed and dropped from the top 5 down to about 15K by elite (I think it was them). That's how powerfull massing was back in those days. Another victim of the mass that I remember was a top 10 player by the name of zobs. The Paladium massed him and he was so impressed that he joined our alliance, lol!

I loved The Darks (That name alone was just the coolest, man!) back then and remember when Dark_Ssnd (Can't really recall his name) was accused of cheating (multi's) so he contacted the admins and told them that the bulk of his officers were his work mates. I think he even provided names and I.P's, lol!

One last thing, didn't RvB_Sandman (RedvsBlue leader) recieve a real life legal threat from LordStriker due to game issues? I'm sure Sandman did and this was the reason he quit the game because he felt it was just silly to get that extreme over an online game.