PDA

View Full Version : RE: Merv-LaCN,and how he uses it.!!!

Merv_LaCN`
9th February 2007, 04:09 AM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made a new thread, because it's hard to get noticed
within this jungle of accusational replies, and the speed of it:
http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=51317

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMFG.. :eek:

SilverBakk...
This is a very personal attack towards me.
And a very big invasion on my right privacy.
How can I not defend myself by not giving away any personal details...

But I hope I'm going to get a little help, since I've heard that you went to the Canadian police to have this investigated.
But sadly police-investigations take a long time to come with results.
And untill that day, that might even be somewhere in age 9, u've smeared my name badly !!

And I'm f*cking shocked this story has been so easily accepted by the others.
So now, around 5am, I have to try to defend myself with keeping as much privacy as I can. And I don't think this has been good for LaCN's name either.
So, here it is...
I'll go through ur whole text, and others' to defend/resent/explain the accusations...

A short time ago a post was made asking about missing clicks for the LaCN clicker and it was answered by the person responsible for the clicker.
What was said is that some of the clicks were lost becuase of the huge use of bandwidth and that Merv was bearing the cost of this alone.
SB, if u're writing facts, give names...
This isn't fair: giving half words to influence people...

Missing clicks..
We (including people u all do trust) have spent 2 ages explaining why there is a creditloss..

The recruiter itself stopped working
The recruiter hanged or closed unexpectedly: Clicks not reported, were lost.
The recruiter counted the amount of clicks u did wrong.
It said u clicked 1k, but only had 800 successfull.
This was just a bug, and u didn't loose 200, nor did we steal them already.
The connection between the recruiter and the server got lost (not happend often)
koc-sessions timed out (u can click the current open windows, but nothing would happen)
The server was busy, and there were too many connections
Some fakers found it funny to submit 20-30 batches per second.
Some fakers found it funny to even d-dos the server.
Fake clickers. (ask shane- here) They made the recruiter think they clicked, and so credit was deducted from everyone they "clicked" on.
Ironically, Shane-, who replied here abt stealing credits and money, was one of the makers of a fake-clicker..

Did we catch all the fakers who stole your credits ? No
Did we steal credits from u ? NO !
Did I steal credits from u ? NO !

The Server..

I made a post basically blasting all the members for the fact that he was paying the cost alone and soon donations started to pour in. What i did not know,nor did Merv bother to tell me this is that he owned the server.
Erm yeh...
Is this bad ?

Is it a bad thing to keep this information to myself in an online gaming comunity which most prolly consists of:

90% spending more than 3hrs behind their pc
30% knows enough to do damage to forums/email/servers/etc
15% knows enough abt hacking
5% are crazy mofo's that actually are able to do a lot of damage

/me points to the 10x or so times the server got ddossed, in the past 3 ages...
/me points to all the fake clickers, who even faked with 3pc's at the time..

And let's have a looks at "my" server, and the hearsay's abt that from the past ages...

Q. Is the server is a plain pc, standing in my room ?
A. If it was:

Wouldn't I be the most lucky person in the koc-world with having a internet-connection with that big of a pipeline + upload speed ?
Have u ever seen the costs for a line like that ?
Wouldn't I have the same ip on mirc, or here as the server ?
Have u ever whoised our server, or w/e technique there is to notice it's in some kind of "centre" ??

Q. You own the server o_0 So that's free, cause it fell out of the sky ?
A. Hoping u all believe the pc is not in my room..
Let's look at the costs for a server..
ps, did I note Silverbakks accusation was an invasion on my privacy ?

There's the server itself.. It's a 2yr old dual 2.8G core with 1GB memory. U all know from ur home-pc's that this server wouldn't come cheap. And that if it did fall of a truck, it would be broken..
I'll let u fill in the price urself, cause I ain't gonna give that away.
The datacentre, mountingspace, networkconnection, external backup, external backup power...
I'll tell u they don't do charity, but I'll let u fill in the monthly costs for this urself too..
If the servers software (there's more than apache,php,sql,email,ftp in there) wouldn't be updated, it would lack in security.
Updates happen from once a month to 2x a week.
Who's gonna do that ?
Is he free ?
I'll let u fill in the monthly costs for this urself as well..
And then we have a nice server running..
Add a recruiter and well visited forum to it, and there's an abundance of traffic/bandwith.

Date Bandwidth Disk Usage
2005 02 9.77 GB 376.0 MB <-- Age4
2005 03 19.73 GB 436.0 MB
2005 04 20.27 GB 513.0 MB
2005 05 18.03 GB 682.0 MB
2005 06 11.15 GB 701.0 MB
2005 07 7.76 GB 695.0 MB
2005 08 9.08 GB 712.0 MB
2005 09 8.99 GB 747.0 MB
2005 10 12.13 GB 598.0 MB <-- Age5
2005 11 11.59 GB 546.0 MB
2005 12 12.94 GB 551.0 MB
2006 01 16.73 GB 876.0 MB
2006 02 7.19 GB 1.21 GB
2006 03 10.01 GB 1.46 GB
2006 04 11.32 GB 1.79 GB
2006 05 28.08 GB 1.56 GB <-- Age6
2006 06 47.97 GB 2.12 GB
2006 07 35.10 GB 2.33 GB
2006 08 34.55 GB 2.40 GB
2006 09 21.12 GB 0.99 GB
2006 10 15.20 GB 1.15 GB
2006 11 56.01 GB 14.10 GB <-- Age7
2006 12 22.50 GB 14.94 GB
2007 01 11.85 GB 15.34 GB
I posted these stats some time ago in our forum, and shared them on a need to know basis with some others.

And I hope you know bandwith doesn't come as cheap in Holland as it does in the USA, and that my received monthly traffic bills can hit the 90euro's.

And have anyone ever heard me complain ?
Well.. they have lol, because I've been a student all these ages, and don't have a swimmingpool yet..

And what's with all those credit-sales and lame ads ?
Well, here's the history..

As TheGodFather and AngelOfDeath were looking for a new server, cause when we moved to vbulletin they had a cheap server that was constanly offline.. (it took us 3 days to move, cause we couldn't get any files from it :P)

I offered them my help, as I have a hosting-company ("ow, that that's where that server came from"). I am the only owner, but have some help.
As I was in the position to make them a good deal, I offered it to them for 300euro a year, for 1gb space, and 10gb traffic.

As u can see in the traffic-list, that was in 2005.
Soon AoD saw that we were going over the 10gb, I told him I'd give him another 5gb a month free that whole year.
We were so proud of the traffic (which meant visitors in our eyes).

Herman (TheGodFather) paid the 300e that year on our newly made shared paypal account. And said we'd share the income of the ads we were going to post on the forum.
The ads were never made, but we received a few donations from members =)
Herman and I splitt those. He had his game-costs for other stuff, and I had my hosting costs.

The next year, in age4, Herman and AoD left...
Of course I didn't receive any anual payment (as for this year), cause he left... :(

So yeh, life went on.. Iron was making a new recruiter in age5, which got used quite nicely in the end. From day 1 of Age 6 our recruiter picked up..
(as u can see in the bandwith details)

And I started crying personally :p
Good bandwith is great news for the Family.
And proud as I am, and want to give everything I can to LaCN, I kept most tears away from my keyboard ;)
But the clicking went more and more..
Even the server started lagging cause of the mass clicking (plus the fake clickers that were posting multiple batches a second).
There was need for more memory, but I was kinda broke due to the bandwith bills I recently received..

Trying to sell clicks for money went hard. I believe it was SilverBakk who posted bad things abt it in my request thread.
(so u kinda owed me when u got people to buy them in age7)

but I know from in game Pms recieved from other players that a large amount ofr money was sent to him. I have personal knowledge of a $250 US payment made to him,
Dragoona offered to buy credits to cover all the costs for memory.
He even helped me greatly in finding the right memory.
And it still hurts me to have to say to him that the bandwith bills ate his donation away :(
I never dared to tell him, because I just couldn't hurt his feelings.

Sorry Dragoona.
But I've been saving up slowly to still get the memory. And the memory will come.
I hope u can forgive me for it.

And then it was october.. Finally a month with less traffic, so I could buy some ham for my sandwhiches..
I was looking forward for December, as I predicted a continue in the decling amount of clicking/traffic.

But BANG!!, Age7 started..
And I felt my christal balls braking down as I saw the Bills coming in...

Fortunately I got help.
We got ads up our forum, which got us abt 30euro untill we got banned there, due to someone continuously clicking the same ads.
We didn't get details, and looking up a serverlog, in a busy clicking-month like that, I didnt even start on it...

Peeps started buying credits, and it went nicely.

but it goes farther still. In past seasons he has has what he calls a "hospital account". This is an account that all members of LaCN donate to and he was supposed to give them to wounded players to help them recover. What it turned into was his own personal piggy bank,where the donations for other players were in fact sold to line his pocket.
Silverbakk, not only did u trash me, u also disgrased my active clicking officers and their chains from the past ages.
Last age I borrowed 5k credits from the hospital after I got permission from Ragsy who was the head of staff then.
As you can see here:
Age7 transfers to/from LaCN-Hospital (http://lacnfamily.com/lacnrecruiter/contests/?account=LaCN-Hospital)
Age7 transfers to/from LaCN-FamilyBank (http://lacnfamily.com/lacnrecruiter/contests/?account=LaCN-FamilyBank)
Age6 transfers to/from LaCN-Hospital (http://lacnfamily.com/lacnrecruiter/contests/age6.php?account=LaCN-Hospital)
Age6 transfers to/from LaCN-FamilyBank (http://lacnfamily.com/lacnrecruiter/contests/age6.php?account=LaCN-FamilyBank)
As you can see our hospital was never used for commercial purposes.

A few days ago I heard from someone (surprised he wasn't mentioned by u) that I still owed him credits from buying them. 40k even.
I still have to look into this, as I was under the impression all my promises were closed before our recruiter went down.

<sarcasm>
The Horror..

This in effect made me party to fraud,even though I was not aware of the fact he owned it
Erm.. u're excused.. =/
And after 6 weeks of promises I still ended up with no ad-campaign, so it's not that bad for u, really..
</sarcasm>

"The Money Fraud"..

I did not know that he owned the server and would not have taken part in his little scam had i known that he was pocketing the money.within days of recieving it he dissappeared for weeks so im assuming that my hard work and the hard earned money of the people(mostly high school and UNI students)paid for anice holiday for him.
As I said above, u're excused for ur not giving me any plan for 6 weeks..
And if I check my msnconvo's with u, I think again, that u never made it.
Always asking the same questions, and promising it was done in a few days..
But I dind't care, I did care that u cared for the Family.

And abt me pocketing the money...
If the money went out of my pocket in the first place, ain't I entitled to place some back in ?

And those weeks I left.. Don't flatter ursef it had anything to do with u lol.
And I didn't mysteriously won the lottery and went off to the bahama's..
Why I wasn't there the weeks in December is my personal reasons, and has nothing to do with money.
(exept for the 2 weeks extra offlineness cause I had to save to fix my pc which broke down)

"My sabclan"..

Recently he told me that he wants to turn LaCN into a pure sab alliance and since we are mostly a ranker clan,this presents a bit of a problem for him,
Oh comon SB, u're really grasping here..
If nobody knows our history yet, here it is in a nutshell:

Age5 we ended up kinda damaged, thinned out, and barely breathing.
Because of a few very political persuasive individuals who spin doctored clans to chain us, we ended up being chained for a false accusation..
(I get those alot lately..)
The false accusation was that we had hacked ImdaShit in age4.
And my name came up last or second last..

We joined ES, who was and is a sabchain.
The join was a risk I took, after hearing a few keymembers out that they liked sabbing.
And we went into a couple of wars with them in age5, and age6.
And I think the majority liked it, cause as soon as a war was over, they grew bored..

Age6 was koc's sab-age.
And as LaCN always was a ranking,clicking,attacking clan, and only sabbed hard when some enemies broke our rules, we had to adjust with the age.

This successfull adaptation, and a pwning recruiter made us win that age.
This age is more abt farming, but still can do damage with sabbing, so we'll see how we evolve.

I've never told you I was going to make LaCN a sabclan.

ES can back it up that I didn't want to become a sabclan, since I was quite stubborn on that topic, which led to some minor arguements.
A choise like that wouldn't only be coming from me, that would be selfish.

To think abt it, I hardly told u anything...

"Booting members"..

, and i was wondering how he would deal with this,what he has done is decided that he has to get rid of all the more senior players by fair means or foul,and over the last month it is fair to say 99% have left.
A lot of players leave the game cause it's boring and became too strict. They therewith mostly leave the Family too.
Also peeps leave cause they don't like it anymore in LaCN.
So don't give me all the credits..
To my knowledge, the only person who left because of me was Sinhart (who is a sabber btw)
I appologized to him, and will continue to do so.

He treats all that would bow to his wishes with comtempt and if he cannot find a reason to get rid of them he makes one up.
Again, factless sayings..
I assume this is abt you..
Let me clear ur mind:

The invitescript I made for Honor-members to invite others, and give them voice..
We have a channel where nobody has that + in front of their names.
I saw u abusing that script to give urself that +
After the 1st time I removed ur +
Then u pm me instantly that u're doing a good job having your invite-power.. I'm like o_0 but w/e I let it rest.
2nd time I see u do it... I removed ur access from the invite-script and informed u abt that in pm.
While I was talking to u, I thought I'd mention why u +i our public channel for the 2nd time as well..
One day I woke up, and saw the channel half empty o_0
U tell me, u deserve ur % in our public room, and u're keeping our channels clear during our night. And u know what u are doing and they are good things.
The next line u ask me how the basic commands work for peeps with an %
So, yeh I found u incapable of having that %, and I removed it. Since only our allies' leaders have % in there anyway.
U leave the channels..
Then the word got out that u have been out of chain for a week or longer, and asked someone not to tell us...
So, as we do and should do within our chain-only Family, u got demoted u but u still kept membership.

Again..

if i had been told the truth to start with i would never have become involved in this Fraud....Regards to you all ...SilverBakkI ain't sorry I didn't tell u that the server was mine, that all the costs for the LaCN part came out of my own personal pockets.
What must u have been thinking..
maybe the server was from some rich company that didn't even know they had us running or something ?

My final note..
I was and still am very proud to host LaCN, and I was too proud to ask for financial help. The traffic and being online made my family happy and proud.
I loved and respected that so much, that who was I to bring their spirits down with real-life costs, when most gamers don't even notice they exist in game-community land.

And I see SilverBakk is proud too.
@SilverBakk: You don't want to see LaCN hurt, and I want to praise u for that. Because lately there's too many people only thinking abt themselves.
Silverbakk, u're a good man ;)
(except that a proud member doesn't hide out of chain everytime we enter a little war...)

But I'm gonna try to speed up ur police process, and incuire at my local police station to hurry it up. Because I'm not gonna wait till age9 for the police to confirm that I'm not the bad guy as u make me look, and that the donations I've received thusfar haven't even met the costs yet !

Nor will they from now.. I'm afraid ..after u've smeared my name so badly in front of a community, using false accusations.
And I ain't even gonna think abt any possible damage related to some kind of criminal record...
And any privacy details abt me, my company, and my other clients.

And I suffered alright.. during those server attacks..
while Iron and I also spent a gross amount of time kicking out the fakers, to keep our members proud of an honorable clicker.. I had to take care of those attacks as well..
And while everyone was sitting on the dry, watching me strugle, I wasn't giving in. I wasn't giving in for LaCN.
Cause I'm a proud LaCN member, and I won't bend for any man !!!

Feck.. I'd sell my motorbike for the Family...

ps, did u notice I didn't say bad word abt u ?

Merv_LaCN`
9th February 2007, 04:13 AM
This should be moved to the KOC side, but I guess this would also mean I was scammed out of at least 10-20k cc? I was told by merv to donate cc to the chain hospital to help pay for the server. Anyway guess lacn's true colors are slowly showing and people are starting to realize.
We've been having a Hospital-cc-account, and a bank-cc-account.
I specificially asked u to donate to one or both of those accounts.

And, since u're the biggest clicker and bandwith eater, I'd say it's not all that bad that u donated some.

I've been paying bills on forehand, before I received any donations, so I ain't stealing.
And I hope I can see it as that I've put money into our Family hoping I would get a little of it back..
(well, to be honoust, I dind't want to donate more than the other donators)

I'm waiting for Euthie :p lol
Anyways, What Merv's done, Is it atcually a crime, He didnt 'Ask' for it himself, He got others to do that, Although he miss'lead others, And accepted money wrongly
Shane
Man u're loving this far too much lol.
As I said in my first post, I was too proud to ask for help. But others helped me nonetheless.

lots of people take donations, PR.. fury... etc ...

and just because it's MERVS SERVER (omg all of a sudden owning a server is evil..) doesn't mean bandwidth is free

p.s. to the "dead" guy: bad time to part your teeth and start sqwauking... especially on a "fraud" thread

Also doesn't mean the server was free ;) GoGo elo :weights:
Indeed & thanx

he asked for click donations to help "wounded" accounts in lacn not to fund his vacation in Jamaica ;)
I asked for both.

People always knew our Hospital account was for our wounded.
And it got never abused.
The 1x I borrowed 5k from it, I gave it back !

And reason I and others asked for:

cc's for us to sell
to sell those cc's
to donate money
was to help pay our=my costs.

Wow no lacn or es members are brave enough to post. This looks bad for lacn =/ oh well they deserve it xD
I started replying since 5am, it's now 11:30.

to be a bit more fair, merv prolly thinks since he paid for the server and bandwidth you guys were using he had the right to get some of it back.. the problem is that he wasnt being truthful bout it and the whole thing came off as a scam for easy money - ouchie!
What exactly am I doing wrong ?

If you mean the paypal screenshot.

I refuse to make a screenshot of our paypal
(yes, if u didn't read it yet, I'm not the only one with access)

I understood that SilverBakk said that his police already had accessed it.
So, I'm not worried.
I will open all my books to them.
But I won't to all of u.

Because I ain't gonna do myself damage because one foreign guy did his research wrong, and the rest is merely just waiting to hang whomever here in gua..

================================================== ======================

reserved for furute replies to people

================================================== ======================

SilverBakk, go to the police, sign that statement !

But lets do it honorable (u know what that's supposed to be, u mentioned it once or twice in ur long accusating post)

If I'm proved innocent, u'll pay for the damage u've done to me personally, and to LaCN.
That includes:
- Setting right our good name. And my name.
- Appoligize (yes I don't ask for money) abt pushing me to open up privat details.
- And you pay in money the money we will now be loosing from future donations..

:lacn:

Raven_LaCN
9th February 2007, 06:03 AM
A few days ago I heard from someone (surprised he wasn't mentioned by u) that I still owed him credits from buying them. 40k even.
I still have to look into this, as I was under the impression all my promises were closed before our recruiter went down.

Of course I wasn't mentioned by SB. I brought it directly to your attention because you were the one I made the deal with. I am also waiting for the credits you owe me, Merv. Look into it all you want.

Session Start: Mon Feb 05 11:40:43 2007
Session Ident: Merv
Session Ident: Merv (LaCN@Cyanide-C667D7D1.speed.planet.nl)
[11:40am] <Merv> Hi
[11:40am] <RaVeNsRaGe> yes?
[11:41am] <Merv> I see u're out of chain =(
[11:41am] <RaVeNsRaGe> Rags left i have no command changes and she treats me with the same respect i treat her
[11:41am] <Merv> ah
[11:41am] <RaVeNsRaGe> can't say the same about anyone in LaCN
[11:41am] <Merv> That's sad =(
[11:41am] <RaVeNsRaGe> i did so much yet was ignored
[11:42am] <RaVeNsRaGe> i still check in now and then though
[11:42am] <RaVeNsRaGe> funny how it took you this long to message me
[11:42am] <Merv> =)
[11:42am] <Merv> yeh, well we have a big amount of members
[11:42am] <RaVeNsRaGe> btw you still owe me 40k credits
[11:42am] <Merv> why ?
[11:43am] <RaVeNsRaGe> i paid for them
[11:43am] <Merv> o_0
[11:43am] <Merv> did I agree to it ?
[11:43am] <RaVeNsRaGe> yeah this was 2 months back but your clicker has no clickback now
[11:43am] <Merv> yeh
[11:44am] <Merv> okay, I'll get u those 40k

I should have figured you had no intention on giving me what i paid for. Looking into it, eh?

regards,
RaVeN :whip:

==================EDIT=========================

AH HA! found it! My paypal payments for the credits in december whihc i never recieved.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/RaVeNsRaGe/PaypalLaCN.jpg

that's everything in EUR that i have paid for. Dec. was the last date i hate boughten credits and i didn't try to buy more because he never sent me the 40k he owed me.

=================ANOTHER EDIT================

I apologise for anything i said here. I just jumped to conclusions and took the fact he was "Looking into it" a little personaly. Again i am sorry.

also
RE: Merv-LaCN,and how... 9th February 2007 10:01 PM It seems after all you did with your accusations you would have put your apology at the top of your post vice the bottom....

doesn't matter if I am neg reped here. why would i post an apology at the top when i am have been editing downwards? I have one question. Cry more? :P

Lil_Wolfy
9th February 2007, 07:01 AM
Well i didnt understand half that crazy shit you posted Merv, but it seems to me that you took by yourself the cost of everything, and it came out of your own money, and nobody elses at first. Tho i am slightly confused by the whole hospital thing and people paying for clicks?

Agent-of-Mayhem
9th February 2007, 07:01 AM
Well, There is some shit missing in there, including the 34k that was sent to me in Age 6 Merv, when I bought them from LaCN.

34,300 credits from the LaCN-Hospital.

Where did they go in that list?

Merv_LaCN`
9th February 2007, 07:26 AM
Well i didnt understand half that crazy shit you posted Merv, but it seems to me that you took by yourself the cost of everything, and it came out of your own money, and nobody elses at first.
Yes, that's how it went, after Herman paid the first part.
LaCN wasn't my piggybank, I was theirs.
And now an (ex)member is shooting at it...

Tho i am slightly confused by the whole hospital thing and people paying for clicks?
The Hospital is a cc-donate account where members donate credits too, the Hospital Staff helps wounded members with those credits.
No money or gold gets involved.

The Bank-account is 2 things.
- a cc-account for members to donate credits too (so they donate without paying money, and yet help)
- a cc-account where members can buy credits from with real money.

Well, There is some shit missing in there, including the 34k that was sent to me in Age 6 Merv, when I bought them from LaCN.
34,300 credits from the LaCN-Hospital.
U bought those, so they dind't come from the hospital account, but from the FamilyBank account, which list u can see in one of the 4 links I gave in my 1st post.
And which I gave u during the time u were credited.

And RavensRage, we and I don't scam you.
I kept a list with buyers, and I didn't had u on there more than 2x..
So I dunno why or what happened.
Thusfar everybody that was on that list has been payed fully, as u can see in the bank-list of this age (one of the 4 links I posted in post 1)
We'll get together and think how we can close this honorably ;)
I'm not here to steal from u.

And I'm sorry u saw an attack towards u in my first post, while I was talking to SilverBakk, and didn't mention ur name.

Custos
9th February 2007, 07:37 AM
Merv thats a well thought out post and good response to silverbakk, i think that explains alot of wot server costs are all about. Silverbakk why so much hate for Merv :S, he does not hate you as you can see from his reply?

To be honest if you are willing to pay for credits then take those risks, this is just a game that ends every 6 Months so wtf are you guys doing using Real Money for Clicks :S, surely your money be better spent on charties like Cancer Reasearch, Shelter (Homeless charity), bernardos ( children hospital ), etc there is so many more worthy causes.

Perhaps the admins should stop clicking, then this will no longer be an argument.

whitewulf
9th February 2007, 07:44 AM
I take Silverbakk's accusation against Merv and LaCN as an attack on myself. This just shows how far someone is willing to go when they dont get thier way, or feel that they were mistreated. LaCN has not and will not intentionally steal or mislead anyone. Merv has spoken in his own defense ....

Now we wait for stage 2 of thier little plan .....

realmccoy30
9th February 2007, 08:03 AM
i helped run the hospital account and never once did i notice anything out of place. Every click sent out was to someone who had needed help and they got what we thought would help them back on their feet. If I recall, Silverbakk did get 15,000+ credits for him to send out to his officers and keep for himself.

EDIT:
It was 20,000 (Look at LaCN-Hospital Age 6 in Merv's post)

SilverBakk 20000 For SilverBakk & chain. 2006-08-17 22:19:47

C Henry
9th February 2007, 08:10 AM
Just a lil quick question for the dynamic duo...Why and when did you guys come to the conclusion that I was a threat? I mean I practically helped the shit out you guys for most of age 6, helped you a decent amount in age 7. All I hear during Age 7 is that TGF DOES NOT want to win the age. I tried to help the TGF account in multiple ways, such as donating to his officers, and asked in return that if some day I was low in cc he would help me out. (He never did, nor did he ever thank me for giving clicks to his chain. Actually only 1 of the many officers I Donated to even cared to give me a thank you message.)

So I guess I'm asking when did you decide to start the anti-HENRY-TDO/TDO campaign that worked so eloquently eh?

Ps. Side question for merv, how do you create cc on lacn?

Zeta-kun
9th February 2007, 08:32 AM
i bet the lacnrecruiter would have been booted from a normal shared server enviroment because of the big resources usage so i think we were lucky that merv was able to ofer a less expensive solution than a dedicated server and i'm ashamed that our comunity didnt paid merv's hosting company the bills for the past year.

i'm sure he wasnt filling his pockets with the money from donations, the whole problem now is that he didnt keep things all clear, the most trusted members the "leaders" are there for something, they must know how the fincances of the oganization were going, you dont need to tell us normal members about it but at least whitewulf should be aware of all whats going on and if he didnt not yet he must be the first to get a report.

we trust our leaders thats how the family works and we will keep trusting them as long as all info is transparently shared betwing peers (members from the same ranks).

Kalki
9th February 2007, 10:04 AM
If you have that much data stored in the DB tables maybe it's time to do some kind of restructuring of the tables?

Do you really need all 14 GB of data in the DB?
Can't you archive some off? Seems silly to have that much if it's not needed.

Elmer4000
9th February 2007, 10:23 AM
dont think I want to get to deep in to this talk - servers cost money and whatever reasons Merv asked for money or might not used them to what it was given or whatever - its not really something I want to speculate in.

But I have a question about the hospital system. If I read it correct, its 2 accounts you give clicks. is it KoC accounts or "virtuel" accounts only in the recruiter ?

Underoath
9th February 2007, 10:30 AM
virtual accounts, aint created in KoC. And yeh, i agree with merv here. Silverbakk has always been lil jumpy when it comes to stuff like this. I really think he's a cool mate, but i remember seeing the thread in LaCN bout me being banned from there, and seeing him post some more accusations which were totally not true. So ya never know, but yeh it is a touchy subject, so he had the right to be worried i feel.

And Henry, WW wasnt going for #1. I remember before coming back to LaCN having a private convo with him about it. Coz i woulda joined someone under him then. But he said cool, and changed his mind or had been thinking about changing mind.

And also, think about ur attitude before the whole anti-Henry thing, it seemed to me more like u were anti-LaCN before anyone went against you. And yeh, getting ur members to attack us as soon as u leave kinda shows u didnt really care anyway.

CrippledLucifer-
9th February 2007, 10:36 AM
after reading Merv's post it's funny to go through SB's thread and read people's comments. some people are just to quick to push the knife and shout burn the witch based on an interpretation of facts...

and like i said again, it is just sad that SB used GUA for his smear campaign against Merv (which ironically was twisted to smear LaCN's name as well), one way or the other this should have been discussed within the family without entertaining the entire koc community, cos frankly it's none of their business. instead of making such a personal attack on Merv's integrity in a public forum, you could have asked essentially the same questions in our forums and i'm sure Merv's answers would be the same.

i guess losing a % in the public channel and being demoted for staying out of chain every time we get ourselves in a war (so much for you loving LaCN) was enough for you to try and get even with Merv with a bunch of twisted facts. i loved the Merv-is-trying-to-make-LaCN-a-sab-clan accusation, especially when, unlike you pussying out, we're having a blast doing what we do.

Poltionorch
9th February 2007, 11:31 AM
Henry, no offense meant, but why are you talking in this thread? This is about Merv clearing his name for the accusations SB made. Don't try to drag other conflicts in here as well.

On topic now. I'm personally disgusted by SB's attack on Merv. The man pays his server shit out of his own pocket and SB accuses him of stealing money? Merv never asked for donations. SB was the one who was so outraged that Merv had to carry the costs for the server on his own. So he owns the server. I don't see what's wrong with that =/ He's using it for the benefit of LaCN and while the clicker worked for the benefit of everyone who clicked.
We should all be grateful and if I had money, I'd send a donation myself. Especially after all this bs SB spread...

bss-betty
9th February 2007, 11:36 AM
im lost in this click thing.. and hospital thing ? what's that ? :D

ms_fishy
9th February 2007, 11:46 AM
well, ms_fishy will say exactly what she thinks - the first time round i didnt have enough info and was reserving comments for a bit

after reading SB and MERV long convoluted threads... i wouldnt exactly call TGF and merv "frauds" cause yes running a recruiter isnt cheap.. but one word that came to mind is UGLY

yes the guy owns the server and pays internet bills, etc.. but what's weird is how hush hush they ran the operation that involves asking/ selling things to people for money

they way i look at it, money was needed to help fund the recruiter.. still, to many, it was one thing to be contributing to "monthly bandwidth" or "server upgrades" but it was entirely different story to be soliciting $50-200 for something like merv's coffee and got explained that the money would be replacing what merv lost over time - yes end of day the results would be the same but when you deal with people's cash, the least you can do is to make your operation accountable and auditable

so to make it short this whole thing involved

- a lot of clicks (donation, fake clicks, artificial clicks, missing clicks)

- a bit of money (donation for things that never got accomplished, money paid to buy clicks, merv's server cost and internet bills

- and a lot of people (TGF and merv who were taking in money for something that not many knew about, chain members who paid cash for game TFF, clan members who donated clicks and money, normal clickers that might or might not lose their legit clicks in the whole charade)

even a free online game, there's an untold and nasty story behind it, LOL

Underoath
9th February 2007, 11:48 AM
dude, i dont have a problem speaking my mind, if you ever met me you'd know, and i asked politely for the recons to stop, even said i could give myself at 1st. I remember getting in shit last age for reconning in chain, and i never cried, lol. Lost all my sleep over you, yeh rite. Whole point that annoyed me is being attacked by ppl right after some recons. when i trained down to like 2mil DA one time, after ur recon, got reconned by like 75% of PR, which kinda made me think, so i asked politely.

Shit? trying to tell my friend to join you and not sell me credit any more, even tho she told you no, she didnt appreciate being bugged like that. Also not respecting LaCN? And basically doing nothing really besides grow for em.

And bout the clicker. WW pmd me in mirc as hidden name, and asked for one, and i said no, i only gave it to 1 person as a favour for my friend. But they banned me for that, and like a week later, said itd be fine to come back, but i had made plans. Now if you got anything to say just PM it, we;re spamming mervs thread.

Lil_Wolfy
9th February 2007, 12:45 PM
You ask why am I in here? Maybe cuz LaCN did the same thing to TDO that they did to their other members. I should expect an answer from this, merv nor tgf have even tried to speak to me on mirc or via pm on koc. Shows just how much my help from age 6 & 7 meant to them. Its alright though, just shows peoples true colors, maybe the rest of you fools here that support him will see it in due time.

Woah talk about big headed, why the hell should they pm you? you left chain for whatever reason, you go crawling to them, not the other way round =/. Just because you click shit loads doesnt mean that you are the number 1 player or the most respected one, hell you aint anywhere near the second :).

Just my opinions ^^

vengefuldeath87
9th February 2007, 01:31 PM
Seriously, running a recruiter is not cheap. If anything, colocating a server costs more than hiring one monthly. The average colocation cost is arround $200 a month, and you can get servers for $99 a month with pretty decent bandwidth included. While i never have to pay excess bandwidth costs for PR, because i have 2TB a month to play with, if i were to exceed id be charged at a stupid rate per GB, or have to buy 1TB more for $100.

Ive been in the position a few times where ive had to ask for donations, because if i didnt, the server would go down, and have taken money a few times from my paypal to avoid being charged for exceeding my overdraft, which is something like £30 a day. Does this make me a bad guy and a theif too?

Any time i dont have funds in my paypal account, they come straight from my bank account, and i estimate ive spent over $3000 on server costs over the years, not all for pr, as thats a more recent thing.

Running a recruiter needs a dedicated server, my server is far more powerful than what merv has, and that had severe problems during the start of the age. I also understand about having to use money for bandwidth and not for ram, since denny had the same problem when he was hosting pr, that he couldnt afford the pay the server and upgrade the ram.

Seriously, with the amount of time and effort and money that has to be put into running something like that, its a wonder anyone does.... so really, you should be thanking those who do invest for your enjoyment, not making slanderous threads like these.

Ferret
9th February 2007, 05:11 PM
I think there are a couple of issues at work here.

-SilverBakk is, and always has been, one of the most honorable players in KoC. It is a shame to see LaCN basically take a shit on all the hard work he has done to make LaCN a much better alliance. SB's integrity and honesty should not be questioned because he has already done so much to prove otherwise.

-Merv has done what it takes to build LaCN into a powerhouse alliance. He has put in countless hours and taken it upon himself to upgrade his servers and pay for bandwidth as he saw fit. Yes, he can be abrasive and kind of a dick sometimes, but that probably has the most to do with rising levels of impatience from dealing with a wide array of KoC and RL issues.

SilverBakk questioned something he saw as wrong. He should not be punished for this, and even the most hardcore supporters of LaCN must see that something (Ms?) fishy has gone on. It was disrespectful to demote his status on mIRC, and you don't just do that to players of SB's caliber. Despite the disrespect, I suspect there is more to this story than the removal of an %.

It is ridiculous the way LaCN has conducted itself in dealing with members and allies leaving. I can't believe how quickly people forget just how much time and energy SB and Henry have both put into making LaCN what it is. It is also sad how defensive people get when the status quo is questioned.

My conclusions:

I think we all know that any money donated or used to buy credits from LaCN will never be returned. Whether it's right or wrong, that's just the way it's going to be. The complications of international law in a case that could be argued to prove fraud or complete innocence would prevent this thing from ever being resolved.

LaCN needs to swallow their pride and realize that SB has been an active and helpful member of their alliance for longer than 98% of current membership. LaCN also must realize that they would not be where they are today without Henry. (not only does he click like a madman, but he was instrumental in the exodus from CW to DDL) So friends can sometimes have a falling out...that is still no excuse to get petty with flaming and disrespectful posts on GUA.

If the parties involved are going to part ways, do it with dignity. Remember the good times, and move on. Nothing good will come from an endless line of accusations from both sides.

P.S. I am particularly disturbed by the demotion of DragonianWolf. She has always been the most upstanding, reasonable member/leader of LaCN. It is a disservice to LaCN membership to consider her anything less than a Leader.

Karina
9th February 2007, 09:18 PM
Hmmm....Well, I mostly just browed the two threads and there sure is a lot of he said/she said....with Fraud being the big issue.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
fraud /frɔd/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[frawd] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.
2. a particular instance of such deceit or trickery: mail fraud; election frauds.
3. any deception, trickery, or humbug: That diet book is a fraud and a waste of time.
4. a person who makes deceitful pretenses; sham; poseur.

So even in the loosest sense of being a breach of confidence...Merv is guilty, as he didn't exactly come forward after monies were given for 1 specific purpose and say they were used for something else. It would have been better for him to just be upfront about it than to have it all out in the open and made to look like he has done some shady stuff. It doesn't look pretty, that's for sure.

and CL...you know ES are one of the first to bray on GUA whenever they discover shady business going on so you can't blame others for salivating when they discover something going on involving ES whether directly or indirectly.

Agent-of-Mayhem
10th February 2007, 03:16 AM
Merv, I know I got them.

But here:

Age7 transfers to/from LaCN-Hospital
Age7 transfers to/from LaCN-FamilyBank
Age6 transfers to/from LaCN-Hospital
Age6 transfers to/from LaCN-Hospital

I dont see a FamilyBank from Age 6?

Underoath
10th February 2007, 06:35 AM
agent, guessing 1 of the hospital's from age 6 was meant to be family bank. Also i know wat ppl are going on about using cash for different stuff. But tbh, i dunnow wat merv pays with. Say he received 200dollars in paypal and payed for the server in cheque, would you still be arguing bout that BS that he ends up using the donations for himself? I mean come on, unless he said he needed help monthly for renting server, i dont see a problem.

I mean, not to bring fury into this, but im pretty sure if i sent a donation today it wouldnt be used today to pay a lil towards the server immediately, but it still contributes to reimburse him a LITTLE* for all the work and cash he has put in. have to think about it in the longterm, at least he didnt say something like "NEED DONATIONS FOR CANCER TREATMENT" or so BS, coz then for sure, all of us would be against him.

Merv_LaCN`
10th February 2007, 08:00 AM
Merv, I know I got them.

But here:

I dont see a FamilyBank from Age 6?
sorry, typo
I fixed the link
but if u see how the links look like, u can change it to the bank account.

bla bla bla ..........SilverBakk
SB, u're saying the same thing again, without any proof.
Why don't u ease ur mind, and get those Canadian police working doubleshifts for ya, will u..

I think I explained my side enough already.
Owning a server / renting it / having half a server / have an account on some server...
it's all the same: it costs money.
And me trying to get some of my costs back, is not what I call fraud.

Reason I didn't tell u is because of the right of my privacy.

Now get on ur horse, and sue me !

Rags
10th February 2007, 09:18 AM
1. I have known for a long time that Merv owned the server. It is not a secret, it just isnt talked about a lot.

2. I was one of the staff on the LaCN Hospital Account from Age 4, began running it in Age 5 and continued to run it until I quit LaCN at the start of this age. All donations received to that account were given out to members who had been sabbed or massed a lot in war. Some went to people who couldnt click at all for various reasons. The account was a clcker account that was in permanent vacation mode. It is not hidden from anyone in the alliance in anyway. The moment you become a member of LaCN you have access to the hospital and anytime I gaveout credits to someone I posted to say how many and who to. Once Merv asked me on irc if he could have 5k credits as the Family bank recruiter account was empty and he was due clicks to someone from it. There were over 80k on the hospital account so I agreed. Those clicks were returned.

3. Every recruiter admin had the capability to enter the hospital account and move credits. No-one ever did. I accessed that account every day and I was the only one making transfers out. When the 5k was given to the family bank it was me who transferred it.

4. Bandwidth is expensive, extremely expensive. It is also invisible. Merv used donated money to pay for bandwidth. That is not something that members can see....you would only notice if he wasnt using it for bandwidth as the forums etc would go down.

5. I have personally donated money to LaCN in the past. I was not asked to do so and I have no problems at all about how it was used.

6. This is an unbiased post. I may still carry the LaCN tag in my KoC name as I cant change it til next age but I am not LaCN anymore and I havent been seen 1st January this year. I was not forced out of LaCN, I did not leave because I thought I was being cheated. My reasons for leaving were personal.

radioplug14
10th February 2007, 10:43 AM
I refuse to comment on this issue any further. I don't know who to believe anymore...nor do I care anymore.

Justice will be served if necessary. If not, then that's fine too. Let's just keep this in mind though, the internet is a dangerous place. Use it wisely.

Murdoc_LaCN
10th February 2007, 11:58 AM
HAHAHA

so i would like to know 1 thing SB and co who would run servers for the recruiter and all the other things for free ????

now lets see if i had to pay it for myself i would have payed

R12990.00 now im my country that is about 2 months salary for me

so now if you convert that into Euro's 1299 Euro's w0w i geuse we all have money floating around now why cant a person paying that much for the funn of a online game ask for Donations ???

1 would also like to know after paying that much and still having to pay for RL stuff

now you must upgrade a PC as well damm even more money

now im telling you now here

i HAVE NO PROB IN DONATING MONEY TO LACN

yes i dont you guys are just full of crap thinking 1 peep can substain that much every MONTH

and and before anyone says i havnt donated let me tell you now

ive donated over 385 Euro's to LaCN for the servers and everything and ill gladly do it again in a hartbeat all that it takes would be a phone call or even a PM

just also would like to say

Silverbakk ive always respected what you said but this is a all time low you no better then a criminal

Bryan
10th February 2007, 12:07 PM
I want to say a few things

Merv is, and always was, the person behind LaCN. TheGodFather_LaCN might be the figurehead, but without Merv, we wouldn't have a LaCN. I trust 100% that Merv has not done anything illegal, and I would (if I could) send the family bank money as we speak

Stuff costs money, its plain and simple. When the players donated to the bank, they didnt say what the exact thing they wanted that to be donated 2. They said, I want to help LaCN. Merv has to pay costs to buy bandwith for the server, so we can use the forum and the recruiter. So technically, the money was going to the server, because without bandwith, the server would be useless

I'll put it this way,

You want a hamburger, so you go to a fast food restaraunt, and you ask the guy at the counter for a hamburger. What do you get in return? You get a good piece of meat on a bun. Now, how do you make a hamburger, so it is edible? Well, you need to cook it. What the people on this forum (including SB) are saying is, you thought the money was going to the server, not to stuff like bandwith. Well, that is like saying, I want my money to go to the hamburger, not the grill, but i want a cooked slab of meat. You cant do that, you need all of the things to create a hamburger, to make one. And thats what Merv is doing. We NEED bandwith to use the forum. We cant just donate money for the server, because that is only a part of what the forum and recruiter need to be used.

If this doesnt sway you, take a look at Miss Rags' post, shes not even in LaCN anymore, and she is backing up Merv

(and sorry if u dont get my post, i tried to make it so you could understand :outtahere

Venom-
10th February 2007, 01:20 PM
Just a lil quick question for the dynamic duo...Why and when did you guys come to the conclusion that I was a threat? I mean I practically helped the shit out you guys for most of age 6, helped you a decent amount in age 7. All I hear during Age 7 is that TGF DOES NOT want to win the age. I tried to help the TGF account in multiple ways, such as donating to his officers, and asked in return that if some day I was low in cc he would help me out. (He never did, nor did he ever thank me for giving clicks to his chain. Actually only 1 of the many officers I Donated to even cared to give me a thank you message.)

So I guess I'm asking when did you decide to start the anti-HENRY-TDO/TDO campaign that worked so eloquently eh?

Ps. Side question for merv, how do you create cc on lacn?

Easy solution to this problem, never help them again?

But I still love ya <33

Also I'd like to add SB has been one of the most honourable peoeple in LACN, hes worked his ass off for LACN and to see LACN like this is just sad :s and kinda pathetic...

SB your always welcome in bss bro <3

Merv_LaCN`
10th February 2007, 06:39 PM
I'll put it this way,

You want a hamburger, so you go to a fast food restaraunt, and you ask the guy at the counter for a hamburger. What do you get in return? You get a good piece of meat on a bun. Now, how do you make a hamburger, so it is edible? Well, you need to cook it. What the people on this forum (including SB) are saying is, you thought the money was going to the server, not to stuff like bandwith. Well, that is like saying, I want my money to go to the hamburger, not the grill, but i want a cooked slab of meat. You cant do that, you need all of the things to create a hamburger, to make one. And thats what Merv is doing. We NEED bandwith to use the forum. We cant just donate money for the server, because that is only a part of what the forum and recruiter need to be used.

Put it this way:
Dragoona bought credits to help me buy the memory.
Someone bought a hamburger, to help paint the counter with his money.
Dragoona received the credits + extra, cause he got placed above TGF.
The hamburger was baked and given. But all of a sudden the counter got dirty, and money had to put in to clean it first, before the paint-job...

Schadenfreude
10th February 2007, 07:08 PM
ok, all these analogies are making me hungry!!!!

loldongs
10th February 2007, 08:35 PM
And abt me pocketing the money...
If the money went out of my pocket in the first place, ain't I entitled to place some back in ?

Just by saying that, it makes you sound like you have been pocketing money. And no, if I donated money I'd expect ALL of it to go towards the server. Why should someone care that it's costing you your own money? It's YOUR choice to be an LACN admin, and it's YOUR choice to run the server and all. If you don't like it, you can gyeaaaaaaaaaat out.

PettyW
10th February 2007, 09:43 PM
i am so confused, can someone rap up what merv did or didnt do?

Schadenfreude
10th February 2007, 09:57 PM
I`m not sure, but i think it involved burgers

MFnBonsai
10th February 2007, 10:01 PM
I`m not sure, but i think it involved burgers

i think hes a cook at McDonalds and he forgot to ask me if i wanted fries with that burger....

+ i asked for a Quarter Pounder with cheese but got a Royale with cheese....

Doomy
10th February 2007, 11:09 PM
..i asked for a royale and got a quarter pounder....

How VERY sneaky.

To be honest, Merv SHOULD be expected to pay for it all himself, he decided he would run the server, there is not a real thing stopping him from just shutting it down. hence, no more cost.

oldDarmael
11th February 2007, 01:17 AM
I take Silverbakk's accusation against Merv and LaCN as an attack on myself. This just shows how far someone is willing to go when they dont get thier way, or feel that they were mistreated. LaCN has not and will not intentionally steal or mislead anyone. Merv has spoken in his own defense ....

Now we wait for stage 2 of thier little plan .....

As well you should take the accusations personally. Anyone complicite in a conspiracy should bear some responsibility for it.

In a nutshell, there is no crime here. It appears that it is just a situation in which Merv was not entirely truthful, and lied through omission.

It just seems a bit unethical now. I really don't know if this is a crime, but it is at least a use of poor judgement.

And these analogies we keep seeing are not very accurate, so let me add another one to keep it from being too simple.

I unconditionally give my time volunteering to a charity (use my server for free), but later, i decide my time was too valuable and I should get paid for it. So, I start taking the money out of the collection plate (donated money).

I think had you said to people, listen, I can't bear the cost of this alone anymore, I have spent a great deal of money and can not continue like this.

I would ask for donations to help defer the costs I have already incurred as well as for ongoing costs.

See, simple, totally above board.

Your lame statements of how you didn't do anything wrong are simply self serving fantasy.

Perhaps no laws were broken, but you get a poor grade in the administration of good ethical practices.

ms_fishy
11th February 2007, 01:50 AM
i didnt really want to badger people who ran recruiters because i clicked em all but hmm.. have you guys ever thought of it this way...

when a clan runs recruiter, their main goal is not to help people like you and me grow blah blah but to have control of their growth and a chance to win the age so to be blunt, LACN people were paying for their top account and their little guys who didnt click much but wanted growth were paying for their TFF

so i dont have lots of simpathy for LACN to bear the cost of servers and bandwidth - i mean TGF and stes are rank #1 and #4 and dont have to wake up every few hrs to bank whatsoever.. me? i dont have money, knowhows, or inclination to create and run a recruiter and so i have to bank every 2-3 hrs like a good girl scout all year round and of course my account is nowhere as sexy as theirs

bottom line - you should be soliciting money from your top accounts cause they benefit most from the recruiter - just leave average joes alone LOL

PS: i kinda feel bad for fury tho - his recruiter came out late so even with all the work he hasnt got his chance at the very top spot - so maybe next age - i think hes asking for donation as well but it seems his recruiter is less self-serving than LACN and CW and maybe thats why quite a few out of clan people are helping him out moneywise

EviLizeD
11th February 2007, 03:41 AM
Perhaps no laws were broken, but you get a poor grade in the administration of good ethical practices.

errrrm wasnt it your girlfriend who desieved a lot of your good friends in the KOC community into thinking that you passed away and I believe your brother who carried on the deception, causing a lot of people great personal distress. Look closer too home before questionong someone elses ethical practices.

However beside that I'm glad too see you alive and well :)

Sadly, he has done what i think were his intentions, and that is not to have all of GUa and KOc doubt merv, but have his own family question him

I never doubted or mistrusted Merv for a second, In fact I am still donating and will carry on doing so.

Poltionorch
11th February 2007, 06:27 AM
Viv was talking about Silver

EviLizeD
11th February 2007, 08:25 AM
Yup m8 I know I was showing that LaCN still trust and are 100% behind Merv and will continue to be so :)

CrippledLucifer-
11th February 2007, 11:42 AM
leave it to BSs to add such knowledge ^^

i can understand what merv is saying..
and doomy, im sure more transpired then, hey ill do this and this and this all for free...FOREVERRRR

way i see it is, Silver brought it to here knowing the problems lacn has had internally, what do u do when a dog is down, u kik it

Silvers post is a well worded rag post. He had been complaining for a while he was not happy with how things were being run in lacn and was going to leave, he pmed me right before and talked to me about it

imo i think this stems from not being given the recognition within lacn enought to want to keep * him and hence, later on a disgruntled silver.

as for the funds

i think merv has posted, very elequantly
i might add, a very solid explination. And maybe he did start this venture out of his own pocket, but there became a need, and with a need there is a want.
if u pic apart Silvers post, sift through the well wording...there lies the remains of a disgruntled lacn memeber
Sadly, he has done what i think were his intentions, and that is not to have all of GUa and KOc doubt merv, but have his own family question him

GOOD JOB Silver!!!
*rolls eyes*

Viv nailed it right on the head. SB was always a good talker, and always one to claim the higher moral ground, i know this from experience as i've been backstabbed by him in the past. and if i were to count the LaCN members he's got himself in a fight with, one hand wouldn't be enough.

if you read between the lines in SB's post, it's clearly a flaming attempt at Merv and nothing more. the lacn hospital accusation was proven false like Rags has already said. the part about Merv wanting to turn LaCN into a sab clan, is completely pointless especially when it's our choice to do what we do and have fun in the process (being in chain with ES kinda explains the situation in itself). after seeing how many LaCN members willingly donated money for server costs and/or bought credits from the FamilyBank account for r/l money as another means to support Merv's expenses, all there's left is an attempt to drug Merv's name thru the mud.

why? many of us know, SB has a grudge against Merv for quite some time, and after the recent events of losing his irc status (which he did nothing to earn in the first place, no other honor members had hop at that time) and being demoted (for staying out of chain whenever we get ourselves in a war, he who claims to love LaCN so much and use big words like honor and loyalty all the time), it's obvious he threw a tantrum and decided to get back to him by twisting facts to make him look like a despicable criminal who leads a luxurious life on the expense of the working class heroes of LaCN, while in the same time once again taking the high moral ground. funny how quick people jumped in the hate parade, until Merv had a chance to defend himself. if SB was trully worried about the donations issue, he could have always discussed the matter in our forums or privately with Merv, and would ultimately get the same answers. but that was not his goal...

judging from the responses in our forums, LaCN is 100% behind Merv, SB found himself kicked from LaCN and tagged a TurnCoat, and we can all move to bigger and better things... just beware of impressive talkers in a vengeful mood :lmao:

EviLizeD
11th February 2007, 01:21 PM
Viv nailed it right on the head. SB was always a good talker, and always one to claim the higher moral ground, i know this from experience as i've been backstabbed by him in the past. and if i were to count the LaCN members he's got himself in a fight with, one hand wouldn't be enough.

if you read between the lines in SB's post, it's clearly a flaming attempt at Merv and nothing more. the lacn hospital accusation was proven false like Rags has already said. the part about Merv wanting to turn LaCN into a sab clan, is completely pointless especially when it's our choice to do what we do and have fun in the process (being in chain with ES kinda explains the situation in itself). after seeing how many LaCN members willingly donated money for server costs and/or bought credits from the FamilyBank account for r/l money as another means to support Merv's expenses, all there's left is an attempt to drug Merv's name thru the mud.

why? many of us know, SB has a grudge against Merv for quite some time, and after the recent events of losing his irc status (which he did nothing to earn in the first place, no other honor members had hop at that time) and being demoted (for staying out of chain whenever we get ourselves in a war, he who claims to love LaCN so much and use big words like honor and loyalty all the time), it's obvious he threw a tantrum and decided to get back to him by twisting facts to make him look like a despicable criminal who leads a luxurious life on the expense of the working class heroes of LaCN, while in the same time once again taking the high moral ground. funny how quick people jumped in the hate parade, until Merv had a chance to defend himself. if SB was trully worried about the donations issue, he could have always discussed the matter in our forums or privately with Merv, and would ultimately get the same answers. but that was not his goal...

judging from the responses in our forums, LaCN is 100% behind Merv, SB found himself kicked from LaCN and tagged a TurnCoat, and we can all move to bigger and better things... just beware of impressive talkers in a vengeful mood :lmao:

Simply put

Amen bruther

HoD
11th February 2007, 04:05 PM
I'll ignore the pointless flaming.

The way I see it, donations should be used for what they were donated in the first place. If I donated to some charity to help people with a disease because my brother died of that disease and the people from the charity would instead help... orphans or something I'd be mad too. In this case, if people donated specifically to do X and merv used it without their agreement for Y then yes, merv has done something wrong. If you dont mind that your money is used for whatever merv feels fit that's another story :) Another funny thing, someone mentioned merv would host for 300$/year, and yet I've seen two people mention 200+ donations? Or did I get that wrong?

HoD

oldDarmael
12th February 2007, 03:56 PM
errrrm wasnt it your girlfriend who desieved a lot of your good friends in the KOC community into thinking that you passed away and I believe your brother who carried on the deception, causing a lot of people great personal distress. Look closer too home before questionong someone elses ethical practices.

However beside that I'm glad too see you alive and well :)

I never doubted or mistrusted Merv for a second, In fact I am still donating and will carry on doing so.

Yes, and I appreciate you at least believing I didn't do it, so I know how Merv feels. Just for clarification, my brother had nothing to do with it. My ex just decided do impersonate him because my friends were becoming suspicious of her actions.

Don't get me wrong here people. The only real axe I have to grind with Merv, other than his unrelenting obstinance in last ages war, is that when I approached him and WhiteWulf when I came back, they kick/banned me from LaCN, and Merv proceeded to tell me what a sick fuck I am and how horrible a person I am.

Well, not that I am the most sensitive person on earth, but hey, that kind of hurt my feelings. Snff, snff, cough , and blow.

So, as I said, I do not know wether Merv is guilty or not, I am just using the same rational he did. I am expressing an opinion. Just as he did when he had his tantrum on me.

Merv_LaCN`
12th February 2007, 06:34 PM
Darmael, I've said my stuff abt u, back then. So because of that, and because u're going offtopic every time in here, I won't spend any more words to u other than the ones in this long sentence, but for others to see what my point was, they can see this instruction video link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXUHy8vrVY0)..

But this thread is abt me :p
Can't say I'm proud of that lol
But keep it on topic please.

The things I've learned from this:

Next time I would need to spend the donated money on a different thing thirst, I will inform the donator.
Not spending on the most-needed thing, or asking the donator and receiving a no, isn't an option, because neglecting the most-needed thing results in a worse scenario. (ie: offline)
I will share the costs with at least the people I trust.
Leaders can already see the income from donations in the admin-panel on the forum.

If SilverBakk has nothing more to prove, then maybe a mod can close this thread untill SilverBakk can inform us all when he has news from his police-investigation.

SilverBakk
13th February 2007, 12:18 AM
Since for the most part this is a who's who of those involved in LaCN..and that everytime suspensions are handed out Merv name is on it,I am not going to get into mud slinging...Merv has admitted what I wanted draw to everyones attention,and as someone once said we must follow merv...like lemmings to the edge of a cliff.Merv picks the people he can manipulate,and I have done what I wanted to do,he is cheating people and probably will continue to do so.but i am no longer involved in his sordid little scam..his reason for getting rid of me was "not good for LaCN"..translation "wont lie or cheat on command" as he has now admitted it ,my point is made...If he promises you something check it out,for chances are .he is up to his old tricks again,LaCN used to be a proud Clan,and i see it degrading at his hands,it is riddled by infighting and mistrust.he is a man amongst boys,and will remain so, with his minions...why have all the old members left and been replaced by new less inexperienced players...this thing of ours is this thing of mervs,and nobody should think otherwise....I have let it be known that he will cheat you unless you watch him...and promote you if you lie.....RIP LaCN ... SilverBakk

SilverBakk
13th February 2007, 12:44 AM
Birds of a feather ;)

Sixix
13th February 2007, 04:54 AM
i close this on Merv's request.
SilverBakk, since Merv was asking you to share useful information on the police-investigation,
please feel free to PM any mod if you can add some news. its just fair to keep Merv informed about whats going on.