PDA

View Full Version : Commanders - needed or not?

Toony182
27th January 2007, 09:46 PM
I played KoC a long time ago, but I guess I forgot my login information, so I consider myself to be somewhat new...Anyway, I've noticed a lot of people have commanders, and I know that the commanders get extra soldiers for how well the officers do, but do the officers themselves gain anything by having a commander?
Thanks in advance!

PettyW
27th January 2007, 11:14 PM
protection... cc... help sabbing?

LeonFellpool
27th January 2007, 11:40 PM
Advice, manpower (backup)

radioplug14
27th January 2007, 11:55 PM
Friends...

LoseR
28th January 2007, 12:26 AM
commanders give no physical bonus in-game. This means that you must pick a commander that you think you will get the most out of. be it friendship, Click Credits, tips, or whatever you value most.

ZoSo_AoA-
28th January 2007, 01:37 AM
I tend to get my officers sabbed alot. But I hook them up with ridiculous amounts of gold. The main thing I look for in a commander is targets. Mass, Targets, Sab Targets, Gold Targets.

This war game gets pretty boring without the "war" part. Then it becomes MS Excel, and that's not too too fun. Unless clicking random numbers which increase amounts in certain Cells of your spreadsheet is considered fun.

Presence
28th January 2007, 02:01 AM
i get commanders ( or i boost my officers and tell them to mover under someone who'd id like to be my commander ) by their attitudes and their actions.
i like people who are about actually having fun rather than being hard asses and always being afriad.

whenever i get officers, i warn them up front that they will be sabbed HARD beind under me.. none of them have ever complained:] ( the ones who joined me still i mean haha )

so yeah...commanders should be good friends with you or at least a very nice person who you know and like ;]

that's my opinion

<3 my viv and my yvonne :D

gavagai
28th January 2007, 04:03 AM
it really depends on what you want. if you just want some occasional fun, than you dont need a commander, usually that only means you get sabbed for things you are not responsible for. and as a part of a chain you cant always play the way you want, because if you offend someone your chainmembers have to face the consequence!
if i wouldnt be such a sozial and friedly person i would play solo: damn parents, what have you done to me?!

ms_fishy
28th January 2007, 04:59 AM
i think you do - well this is a kind of game that people interact a lot - if you dont have a commander or dont know anyone - who's gonna help you find some good targets, who's gonna tell you who you should hit or avoid, who's gonna back you up if you get bullied - in short playing alone would.. suck..

other than game tips, goldhunting and war backup, some commanders might help you with click credits (more men) and occassional selloffs (gold to help with upgrades.. etc) but its not uncommon for people to get stuck with a so so commander and dont even know it

for a new player, look for a strong commander who got a lot of time and patience and maybe someone who is known to help with gold and click credits

once ya become an okay player the help doesnt really matter no more - and you actually give more than you take - now go pick someone you really like ;)

Toony182
28th January 2007, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the help everyone ^_^
So, commanders are good for gold and more soldiers...But how do I know which commander is going to help me the most? I mean, I do fine with picking my targets (at random of course) so I don't really need a commander to help me with that.

elfmare
28th January 2007, 08:00 AM
well, it depends what random you are taling about, where you could be getting 6 to 10mil in gold hits, your commander could find say about 20 to 50 mil. in gold hits.. The commanders are there also to help or give you more fun in the game,to teach you little bits of the game that only the vets would know..

Toony182
28th January 2007, 11:41 AM
Well let me ask this then: HOW do commanders give you more gold/soldiers?

Sixix
28th January 2007, 12:21 PM
they can give you credits on recruiters and give you sell offs ;)

Soldier_Worst
28th January 2007, 01:04 PM
But remember, 99% of the commanders want you as officer only for themselves, not out of "goodwill". You've got plenty of time to find a good one. Let them help you FIRST, then you can join them after a while.

elfmare
28th January 2007, 01:14 PM
yea, some commanders do that, but a little less then 90% i think..
i know my top commander jumps around to help out all of her officers.
Read the treads and see what you like, then go to someone in that alliance and ask them some things and see if it matches...

ZoSo_AoA-
28th January 2007, 02:21 PM
Well let me ask this then: HOW do commanders give you more gold/soldiers?

A benefit of being in a war chain is the access to DA-riddled enemy accounts. Large Armies who generate alot of gold in a short period of time, who can be hit by smaller accounts, otherwise "out of their league".

If an officer can keep a reasonable SA going, and under the 10,000 rank to be able to hit player, then I can find the ones I'm warring against sitting on some gold for an officer to take.

Soldier_Worst
28th January 2007, 04:13 PM
You don't have to be in a 'warchain' for that.

master_spy
28th January 2007, 08:25 PM
it helps to be in one though

elfmare
29th January 2007, 02:09 PM
You don't have to be in a 'warchain' for that.

war chain, sab chain,, whats the differ??? it helps the officer, and straingthens the chain as a unit.. thats it, unity, thats what is needed..
damn im good.
Hey lowe, whats up...

Soldier_Worst
29th January 2007, 04:06 PM
I didn't mean there is a difference between a war or a sabchain, I meant you don't have to be in a sab/warchain to get good farms. Take LaCN, ES, PR, .. for example. Those chains are stuffed with farms already, no need for commanders who sab. Just probe and you can find out if you can beat the DA and if it's worth the gold. (yea, I'm anti probe whiners, probing is everyone's right)

I stick with, only join someone if you like him/her. You get barely nothing out of a commander (you can have friendship, help, ... without a commander too), but you can please someone by being his/her officer.

elfmare
29th January 2007, 10:42 PM
funny though, i have given my officers, and co officers in my chain, alot of clicks, enouff for the to thank me alot and come back.. the only thing i see probing do this age is attract sabs, sometimes recons too, and we all know who from.. im pretty much a urben sabber but i dont sabb unless i have to. i do recon alot for my officers and co members in my alliance..
its all a pref. But i think that all that can be said has been said and this can be closed for now, what say yea?