PDA

View Full Version : ChaosMaster

El Vista
3rd January 2007, 11:06 AM
I am making this program, much like the Spreadsheet by Bomberman Army. It's still in it's beta stages, but I'd like you ppl to check it out.

Download it from here (http://elvista.googlepages.com/chaosmaster)

In the next versions I would like to add a feature that would allow anyone to login from the program and get the Stats automatically. But is that legal? I mean, I am not modifying any data, but simply parsing to get the info I need and that's it. Please enlighten me :noidea:

Kill3rSam
3rd January 2007, 12:16 PM
showing info is not illigal, it r the ways you "harvest" it from koc pages that could be , programs like Prodigy (LoP) and Iris (PR) record the data of pages opend by it's users and upload to a database ( not 100 % sure bout iris but always heared they work similar)

if your making a koc tool i would advice to contanct admins either way and have them tell you if it's legal , their the only ones who can and who you should count on as they r the one who can ban you for it lol

using the KoC shield logo already breaks copyright laws btw

aswel: tab order is pretty funny lol

exit doesn't work ? when trying to lock it says blablabla yellow blackgrouns, they r black over here lol

some more explination what it's suppost to do would be nice aswel :p as far as i can see atm it's not doing a lot yet , certainly nothing illagal with the features i think, tho ^contanct admins anyway lol

El Vista
3rd January 2007, 12:53 PM
The next version will

contain armory and tool inventory
fixed tab order
And I'll make sure to change the logo

I am not sure about the black background in the text, over here it is yellow, though :p

Thanx for your info regarding harvesting... Now i realize the reason Recruiters were changed was to show the KoC ads :(

MrSquiggles
3rd January 2007, 01:43 PM
What is it supposed to do?

~mini~
3rd January 2007, 01:46 PM
look at the picture fool !

its a little file that you put your name into a it comes up with all your info right ?

meh well thats what i think it is

Kill3rSam
3rd January 2007, 01:50 PM
it's a start, all cool programs started of some small idea's

MrSquiggles
3rd January 2007, 01:55 PM
look at the picture fool !

its a little file that you put your name into a it comes up with all your info right ?

meh well thats what i think it is

I downloaded and put my own name in, and it didn't do squat.

It almost seemed like something where you have to input all the info and then save it, and can recall it later?

Kill3rSam
3rd January 2007, 02:01 PM
yeah lol ... read the first post ..

MrSquiggles
3rd January 2007, 02:25 PM
oh, ha...duh.

Yeah, that would be illegal.

Shane-
3rd January 2007, 03:28 PM
the next versions I would like to add a feature that would allow anyone to login from the program and get the Stats automatically. But is that legal?

Use shdocvw.dll and you souldnt have any problems with legal issues, The admins have already aproved the use of it...

Shane

LoseR
3rd January 2007, 05:59 PM
Make it record sab totals ;)

but, good program so far by the looks of it. You make it in Visual Basic?

El Vista
3rd January 2007, 07:50 PM
You enter all the data and then click Lock Data. Once you do that, all the little buttons are enabled which gives some useful info about your stats. It also creates a stat overview with the info you enter with BBCode format, so u can post it in your alliance page if you want to (like I do sometimes... lol)

@Shane, thanks for the info

@Loser223, yap... made it in old fashioned Visual Basic.

El Vista
4th January 2007, 05:38 AM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o91/elvis74/Screenshots/KOC-A7B1_1.jpg

Fixed Tab Order and minor bugs
In Addition, the Load/Unload button is now gone

Still working on the armory, though :(

Download from here (http://elvista.googlepages.com/chaosmaster)

Peace

Darkdan14
16th January 2007, 08:55 PM
This hasn't been updated in a while, but it's coming along nicely :) very informative to new (and veteran) players. The when to upgrade is working well, and it's cool how it brings everything down to it's real value. From what i've heard theres lots ideas to work on, so definatly keep checking the dowload page for more info ;)