PDA

View Full Version : Fix Recon god damnit!!!!

Gifflebip
30th December 2006, 10:04 AM
/rant

I can't stand how poorly the admins have made recon this age. It's fucking ridiculous how retarded it is.

I see people's gold, I spy once and get in, I see they have very little sentry but I haven't seen their defense yet so I spy again...and of course get caught 8 times in a row.

If your Spy rating is 50 times someone's sentry you should be able to fucking recon them!!!!!! Christ, and people wonder why people probe. I don't but I can empathize, recon is almost completely worthless it's so fucking stupidly random.

/rant off

Kill3rSam
30th December 2006, 10:12 AM
pff , sometimes you are unlucky , most of the times it works ..

Carlos
30th December 2006, 10:39 AM
pff , sometimes you are unlucky , most of the times it works ..

97% of the time sit doesnt work

thebrindle
30th December 2006, 12:20 PM
I got threw once
his sentry was 240

my spys 17 million

i got didnt get threw the other 9 times to see his gold

Its shit
Annoys me the way that Noobs run KOC nowa days!!!

Sixix
30th December 2006, 12:33 PM
I got threw once
his sentry was 240

my spys 17 million

i got didnt get threw the other 9 times to see his gold

Its shit
Annoys me the way that Noobs run KOC nowa days!!!thats called noob protection, but you should be able to see his gold without reconning ;)

Xzeihoranth
1st January 2007, 01:12 AM
hes trying to figure out defense people...not gold...hes pissed cuz he spied on the first try and got in, but didnt see a listed defense, so he tried again and failed 8 times, and yes this pisses me off as well...the people whos spy is 1/2 my sentry always recon/sab me way better than i do them with ym spy 2-3x higher than their sentry...and my reconing success are horrible and pathetically random...eventually i get in tho
random question tho...would u sab someone who got a clean hit on u, because their commander did the reconing?
i dont see this as a problem, as its the commanders job to...fucking help their officers. should i sab the person who sabbed my officer?

FollowerOfChrist
1st January 2007, 03:00 AM
It's ridiculous though, I spy on someone with 100 mil sentry, then on someone with 90 mil sentry. The one with 100 mil sentry I got through 3 times, twice in a row, caught only once. The one with 90 mil sentry took 8 tries to get through. It's ridiculously random. If you have such a high spy rating, that means that your spies should be skilled enough not to get caught. Logically speaking, of course. It shouldn't ALL be random.

AeliusPix
1st January 2007, 06:25 AM
Your spies can be as skilled as you want them to be. But it won't stop them from running into an enemy patrol that decided to double back and check out what the rustle in the bushes was.

~mini~
1st January 2007, 11:12 AM
yeh reconning is messed up this age
easyer to sab then to recon is BS gone wild no wonder people probe all the dam time

FollowerOfChrist
1st January 2007, 05:41 PM
Your spies can be as skilled as you want them to be. But it won't stop them from running into an enemy patrol that decided to double back and check out what the rustle in the bushes was.

Yes, I understand how that could logically happen. However, it would not happen as much as it seems to happen. For sending one spy in, I should not be getting caught 90% of the time, regardless of how low their sentry may be. Someone with a 200,000 sentry can stop me from reconning them when I have a spy over 200 million. Someone with a 70 million sentry will catch me just as frequently as anyone with a higher or lower sentry. It just seems purely random and makes no sense. If I have double your sentry, then I should get through at least once. Instead, there are people that I never get through. I'm sorry, but it would be nice if it were a little less random.

Puppypower
1st January 2007, 07:44 PM
i reckon that if we can see their gold, we should be able to recon then at least every second time. Sab them every 3rd time.

r0b-dog
1st January 2007, 07:49 PM
yea.. i have to agree if your spy is higher than somebody sentry you should be able to see the gold or something.. but it stuff up probably because of noob protection and the random factor thing..

Puppypower
1st January 2007, 08:00 PM
random factor is at the moment, not loose enough. They need to make it loose, & then get rid of noob protection. Because people who are still heaps powerful are using it to their advantage.

FollowerOfChrist
1st January 2007, 11:43 PM
Haha, that reminds me. I keep my sentry low because I've noticed people haven't really been able to sab me (rather, the ones that I tick off). Then again, I could care less if I'm sabbed, since my account's strong point is my spy rating anyways, and it's just a game.

Gifflebip
3rd January 2007, 04:00 PM
This is phenomenally annoying how badly recon works. I just tried to recon a guy with less than half my spy rating (I could see his gold) and I failed 11 straight times.

This is just ridiculous how poorly they've programmed it this age. It's pretty much useless if you can't even recon people whose gold you can see. I bet I could sab the shit out of him if I wanted to and that makes absolutely no sense.

The random factor is just out of control, I have no idea what random chance of failure on a simple recon is but it seems like it's around 70% which is just way fucking stupid.

Someone whose gold you can see you should definately be able to recon -most- of the time. I can understand a random 1 out of 5 failing but to fail that many times in a row means the chance of failure must be greatly out of proportion with the chance of success.

Why even have recon if this is how poorly it works. People get pissed about probes but give me a fucking break, the game is skewed so badly that people pretty much give up on reconning and just use the 1 attack turn to save themselves the frustration.

Sabotage should not be easier than reconing. That's retarded.

LoseR
3rd January 2007, 06:15 PM
I have found the recon to be alright. My account is an orc slayer, so my entire account is based on attacking. I almost always find my own gold hits, and I can get in on most of the bottom part of the first page with not even 200 mil spy. I'm not really complaining, but I'd be kinda pissed if someone could recon me so easily when they have 200 mil spy and I have 650 mil sentry.

FollowerOfChrist
3rd January 2007, 06:16 PM
Yep... tried to recon a guy for my commander, didn't get through out of all 11 times. I can see his gold too. I seem to fail about 95% of the time, at least, and it ticks me off every time I try and recon someone. Infact, it makes me want to blow something up... if KoC were an object, it would be in pieces right about now.

Once again, though I can see their gold, I didn't get through once.

34 seconds ago Recon Failure 1 details
40 seconds ago Recon Failure 1 details
1 minute ago Recon Success 1 details
1 minute ago Recon Failure 1 details
2 minutes ago Recon Failure 1 details

Sentry Rating 23,081,984

My spy rating is over 200 million. So, does this make much sense to you?

PS
I gave up posting stuff in this thread. I'm just editing this post with things that have infuriated me when I especially need gold

I just did the math, and about 97% of the time I don't get through, and it's friggin frustrating! I type all the characters 11 times in a row and never get anything, big fat waste of time and it makes me want to quit. I'm tempted to spam the admins (but I'm too nice)

FirePenguins
3rd January 2007, 06:29 PM
I have recon trouble too. It was allright while I kept my TFF below 500 but once I started letting it grow I became horrible at recons. Players whose gold I can see take 4 to 5 recons to get through. But then again sometimes I can get through first time one some one with sentry 4 times my spy.

In my opinion there shouldn't be any noob protection for recons, just have it for sabs. But the sab noob protection needs to be done better because players with 150K TFF and 100 mil spy can get through on me three or four times and I have 10K TFF and 4 mil sentry. Then I can only get through once on some one with a 4K TFF and 1 mil sentry. Doesn't quite make sense.

NC_philosopher
5th January 2007, 06:28 PM
reconning is fucked up since age 3, so get used to it :P