PDA

View Full Version : Wuz up with reconing?

BSS-DarkSpy
14th December 2006, 07:02 AM
What is the point in having a high spy rating if you cant spy on people? I can see people's gold but can't recon them. Like me ranked 3k and opponent ranked 2.5k. I can c their gold. But recon 11times and can get through. That is pretty stupid to me. If your sa is better than someones da then you can steal their gold. But if your spy is more than double their sentry you cant even recon???

i finally got through on the 16th recon in 2 days, and guess what.....

my spy rating = 46mill
their sentry rating = 8mill

This is stupid!! I can under stand gettin caught like once or twice on a recon but 15 times???????????? I wasn't even trying to sab. I can only imagine how long it woulda took me to sab him....maybe 2 or 3 weeks just to get thru once?? This is not the only time this has happened to me. Why do i not get through on recons when i can see their gold?

And dont say that i need to work on my ratio of spytools to spies cuz my ratio is 360 to 1000.

at0mik
14th December 2006, 07:26 AM
The KoC spy forumla creates random "chances" for reconning and sabbing. So just because you have higher CA doesn't mean you will always succeed ;) :).

BSS-DarkSpy
14th December 2006, 07:36 AM
well then y dont they do that with sa and da.....u might steal their gold and then again u might not.....you never know....

that is stupid!!!! If you are better that someone you should be able to beat them. SAME WITH SPY AND SENTRY!!! I can understand not gettin through like once or twice but 15 times is crazy.

My point is....If you can see someones gold it shouldnt take but once or twice to recon or sab. Chance is not the word to describe these situations...I think the correct term is SCREWED.

Sixix
14th December 2006, 07:56 AM
probably its more easy to sab him :)

Savage_NPK
14th December 2006, 03:16 PM
So whats a good ratio for 275 Nun's?

dtguinness
14th December 2006, 03:33 PM
I agree with you that reconning is very hard.
But, if you would always succeed on reconning someone with less sentry than your spy, it shouldn't be possible to spy on someone with a higher sentry. You see?! it works both ways.

That being said, i do agree that it's stupid to fail 11 times when you have twice as much spy as someone has sentry..

Gifflebip
14th December 2006, 03:36 PM
It makes no sense at all that it's easier to sabotage than it is to recon. Granted the game has no basis in reality but you'd think it'd be easier for a spy to enter and count stuff than it would for him to enter and tinker around destroying things.

At the very least they should be the same difficulty. You can't recon some dude but you can sab him? That's silly.

As a side note :mrt: pities the fool who don't even attempt a recon before they probe.

STARBLASTER
14th December 2006, 10:37 PM
.... you must consider the tools.
For example his sentry could have been 500 men with 500 Towers.
Despite what anyone says, it makes sense that a fully equipped sentry
is more effective than just men alone.

playboyshort3
15th December 2006, 01:46 PM
It makes no sense at all that it's easier to sabotage than it is to recon.

Funny thing is that it is also easier to sab someone with more sentry than your spy then someone with less sentry than your spy. Then again sabbing is totally random as well i was only able to sab the two rank noobs in TLL once last age but i was able to sab 500 is shields from ES members with higher sentry a few times :morning:.

DeaTH_BLooM
15th December 2006, 11:42 PM
reconning is really hard.because of that noobz prob :(

unknown_lord_LOG
16th December 2006, 02:00 AM
its not only with reconning and spying , also with attackin
i have little time ago 260 mil strike, the person i attacked had 220 mil defence and guess what....i lost

but the whole reconn thing isnt very proper, if you got spy rating 100 mil you can successfully recon top 50 people with 360 mil sentry, you should try it ;)
well i never did, but a friend of mine showed me