PDA

View Full Version : GUA Not Working?

Lskoc
10th December 2006, 09:07 AM
GUA barley worked for me at all yesterday and has been on and off so far today. So here is my question: Is GUA working for you right now?

Professor
10th December 2006, 09:30 AM
Yes, I am on GUA right now :p

Actually, I tried to access GUA yesterday and couldn't, so I suppose the servers must be on and off a little lately.

AeliusPix
10th December 2006, 06:15 PM
No, I'm not on GUA right now. However, how I am posting without being on GUA remains a mystery.

blackness
10th December 2006, 06:30 PM
No, I'm not on GUA right now. However, how I am posting without being on GUA remains a mystery.

:) you beat me to it. I was like well if I am reading this then GUA has to be working :). But yeah yesterday I was not able to get on GUA but like 1 or 2 times and that was limited.

blackness

LoseR
10th December 2006, 07:50 PM
umm... the admins screwed something up, so no one could get on for a couple hours yesterday.

Lskoc
10th December 2006, 08:49 PM

That doesn't make any sense and isn't relative to my pole. If your not able to get on GUA then just vote "NO" and don't post silly things like "How can I vote if I can't get online?"

Please stay on topic and lets figure this thing out together.

loldongs
10th December 2006, 08:57 PM
There were some problems with apache or something, so someone most excellently had to go compile some stuff and fix some shit and got it back online.

Krystin
10th December 2006, 09:55 PM
Are you still having any kind of problems Lskoc? Yesterday GUA went down as Soft Machine said, because of some problems with apache and the back ups. That has been fixed for the moment, but i'm sure they still have some other stuff they need to look at. But GUA should be working for everyone now, and today, Carnage was doing some work on GUA so it went down today because of that. If you continue to have problems could you pm me with it please so we can get whatever is going on, looked at.

DeaTH_BLooM
10th December 2006, 10:05 PM
i couldn't login too yesterday a few hours.2nd time it happened 2 me this week...

Lskoc
10th December 2006, 10:16 PM
Are you still having any kind of problems Lskoc? Yesterday GUA went down as Soft Machine said, because of some problems with apache and the back ups. That has been fixed for the moment, but i'm sure they still have some other stuff they need to look at. But GUA should be working for everyone now, and today, Carnage was doing some work on GUA so it went down today because of that. If you continue to have problems could you pm me with it please so we can get whatever is going on, looked at.

It has been working fine today, yesterday was a bit of a bitch though. It also looks like it is working well for most of the other members. Only one person said that they were unable to access GUA when they voted. So if I find that I am unable to get into GUA I will send you a PM.

AeliusPix
10th December 2006, 11:08 PM
That doesn't make any sense and isn't relative to my pole. If your not able to get on GUA then just vote "NO" and don't post silly things like "How can I vote if I can't get online?"

Please stay on topic and lets figure this thing out together.
You're never going to figure anything out with a poll like this. If they can't get onto GUA, then they can't vote, which means that the results will say that everyone can get on.

This isn't like the KoC server. If it goes down, there will be an explanation provided when it's back up - there's no need to try and figure anything out.

Lskoc
11th December 2006, 04:11 AM
You're never going to figure anything out with a poll like this. If they can't get onto GUA, then they can't vote, which means that the results will say that everyone can get on.

This isn't like the KoC server. If it goes down, there will be an explanation provided when it's back up - there's no need to try and figure anything out.

Wel the fact that 2 people have now voted "no" proves that GUA is still down for some and them voting in this poll while it is down helps the admins trouble-shoot the problems. Please read the poll, it is right there in black and white. :newbie:

Sixix
11th December 2006, 04:18 AM
yes, although its running smoothly all the time :p

AeliusPix
11th December 2006, 05:17 AM
Lskoc, how the hell could they possibly vote on the poll when GUA isn't working for them? Obviously it was working, otherwise they wouldn't be able to vote in the first place, because GUA wouldn't allow them to vote.

Here, watch, I'll vote no on the poll and show you how people can make fun of a poorly thought out and stupid poll.

Lskoc
11th December 2006, 09:29 AM
Lskoc, how the hell could they possibly vote on the poll when GUA isn't working for them? Obviously it was working, otherwise they wouldn't be able to vote in the first place, because GUA wouldn't allow them to vote.

Here, watch, I'll vote no on the poll and show you how people can make fun of a poorly thought out and stupid poll.

Look, if you don't like my poll then just don't read it. It is here to help the admins know if people are still having trouble logging into GUA. Voting no when you were obviously logged into GUA is no help at all. Only people who are unable to log into GUA should vote no.

thisusernameisnottaken
11th December 2006, 09:44 AM
http://67.15.42.60/~giveup/index.php

is that considered being on gua?

Lskoc
11th December 2006, 10:18 AM
http://67.15.42.60/~giveup/index.php

is that considered being on gua?

No, if that screen appears you would need to vote "No" in the poll.

AeliusPix
11th December 2006, 06:42 PM
No, if that screen appears you would need to vote "No" in the poll.
What the fuck? You aren't listening. If that screen appears then they can't vote in the poll at all.

loldongs
11th December 2006, 07:08 PM
This thread is full of fail.

AP, lskoc should have re-worded his original post differently. It's easy to see what this poll is intending.

Lskoc
11th December 2006, 07:27 PM
What the fuck? You aren't listening. If that screen appears then they can't vote in the poll at all.

OMFG! Dude, yes they can! That is the whole point of this thread, 25% of the people (excluding you) unable to access GUA have voted NO! Please explain to me why people would vote no if they were able to access GUA when they voted? :crazy:

Krystin
11th December 2006, 11:09 PM
What Aeliux is saying, is that if they can't access GUA, then they would not be able to vote in this poll which is correct. If they can't access GUA then they can't even see this thread or any part of GUA...which can be very annoying. That they can vote after they get back on GUA to say, yes they are having a problem is definitely also true. Also, you are probably having some vote no just to be funny. People like to be cute :)

So you are both right and you are both wrong...and I rule SUPREME....

What?!?

AeliusPix
12th December 2006, 12:06 AM
Krystin, what i was saying is that this thread is pointless. Lskoc wanted everyone to pool their thoughts into one thread, so that they could all work out what caused GUA to go down. He didn't need to do this, as I have already pointed out, because the GUA server is not run by the same people as the KoC server. When GUA goes down, an explanation is provided by yourself or another admin. When KoC goes down, no explanation is provided, because the admins are lazy assholes only looking for a profit.

Lskoc
12th December 2006, 02:57 AM
Krystin, what i was saying is that this thread is pointless. Lskoc wanted everyone to pool their thoughts into one thread, so that they could all work out what caused GUA to go down. He didn't need to do this, as I have already pointed out, because the GUA server is not run by the same people as the KoC server. When GUA goes down, an explanation is provided by yourself or another admin. When KoC goes down, no explanation is provided, because the admins are lazy assholes only looking for a profit.

It was a joke, this whole thread was just a joke. I understand that it would be impossible to vote if you couldn't access GUA, that was the point. The fact that I was able to continue explaining how people needed to vote no if they weren't able to get on GUA just made it that much better for me. Please re-read the thread and the sarcasm should become obvious.

Sorry if I upset anyone, I will go back to being a chronic masturbater now.

AeliusPix
12th December 2006, 04:18 AM
Oh you have a fine sense of humour, Lskoc sir.