PDA

View Full Version : Why do you still play KOC?

HeartBeatRacer
6th December 2006, 10:39 PM
Two ages i played KoC and into the third i started, but was soon to all together give up... Sabbing to Ranking, Sabbing to Ranking, that's the day and life of what i would do. I soon realized i stood no chance among the top ranked. I looked back to realized how rank discrimination was a huge factor. I mean this by the fact that you could tell the difference between those who lived in their own little fantasy world of dominating Kings of Chaos, and those who could care less.

Cheaters, hackers, and those that harrassed the lower ranks were a great impact on why I decided to bring KoC to an end in my life.

What happens outside of KoC I decided was much more important, than opening an extremely boring program, and then clicking my life away, although i hardly clicked at all.

I am sure the creators of KoC imagined the game to be a fair and well played out game, only to quickly realize that only a few would dominate, while others quit knowing they wouldn't make an impact in the rankings. This being another reason I bother not playing anymore. Do you think it's fair for people who have lives and want to enjoy a game in thier free time to come home from work every day only to see those who have no lives, and are on 24/7 taking breaks when they are only about to starve to death or change their diapers, just go up ten times the troop number only hours ago, not only that, I am sure that just one person isn't doing all the clicking for one account, and now there are people actually selling their accounts for real world money... WTF... seriously when it gets to the point that someone would kill to win, action needs to be taken. Just cause you play a worthless time consuming game doesn't mean you can claim yourself as a god.

Another thing that I am pretty sure goes on, the creators, and moderators of the major clicking sites, well they created it so I am sure they can change it to favor them. Thus allowing them an infinite amount of clicks if you think about it. *hint*

So after all the pain and grief you have gone through... Why do you still play KoC???

Gifflebip
6th December 2006, 10:46 PM
I'd imagine lots of people play to stroke their e-peen.

I play cause it's fun to be part of an alliance and build a little army. If you set ridiculous goals for yourself (like being top 100 without being the head of a huge chain or clicking for hours a day((and of course using proxy servers and such to change your ip so you can double or triple click and build mad credits)) ) then you're probably going to be frustrated and or disappointed because you can't compete.

But if you're just looking for fun and you're not devoting your life to the game there's still fun to be had. Join a smallish clan, click 100 times a day or so, build a moderate army and just chill out as it grows. If you don't get silly and start probing huge accounts most likely you could spend the entire age and never get sabotaged once.

DeaTH_BLooM
6th December 2006, 11:00 PM
yeah i am one of who are playing for fun :).really i don't probe or try to sab anyone.i even don't attack or recon on anyone.i just spend my income.so i don't have enemies(except 1 :D)

but at the end of the age.will be a real war.i will sharpen my weapons ;)

HeartBeatRacer
6th December 2006, 11:02 PM
In a way I agree, but when reality hits you, and you get sucked into a game such as koc, only to soon learn your account has just been stolen after a month or more of hard work just to get it to a level battlefield, where do you go next?

When you click your little heart out to build a decent army only to learn that the person 1 rank above you has clicked 100k more times than you, and is making 5 times the amount of gold per turn... Whether or not the game is monitored, in my opinion it will never be a fair game with out the removal of any kind of program that give any player an advantage over another...

I have been through this before. The big clans know how to overpower anyone else playing, because they know what to do to advance in the rankings dramatically... and how is that? By clicking, oh... *humorous gasp*

I guarantee more than half those that play now don't have a clue what a recruiter is, nor will the half of that half by the end of the age... It said in the rules that any program giving an advantage to one player over another "is illegal", so if those that play and take advantage do so, then there is no honor in their victory, only shame to know they had to "cheat" to win... whether it's considered cheating or not, not everyone knows of such programs, therefore giving an edge to those that use them... and where does that lead us? Back to the rule book where it specifically states, and which has been brought up plenty of times in other threads about other types of programs, that any program giving advantage is illegal...!!!! If i have to quote 1 million times where it is I will!!!

DeaTH_BLooM
6th December 2006, 11:17 PM
yeah i can imagine a koc without any uniq links...and then koc would be fair.but this is what the owner of the sites will never want because of advertising...

so KOC is KOC.and KOC is like that.clickers,fakers,cheaters,big chains...but it is free and nobody is making u play.if u don't want,if u can't bear the way of KOC then don't play.

i am ok now.but when i will be bored of this time-killing game i think i will start to think like u HeartBeatRacer. lol

Asianguard
6th December 2006, 11:26 PM
hey heartbeatracer :)

Unfortunately, the reality is people who go to work/school/etc. will not have a chance at the top ranks...we just dont have the time to keep up with this..

its all about sabbing ;P, log in whenever u want and sab the shit out of whoever u want

Presence
6th December 2006, 11:49 PM
i agree with asianguard

no point in trying to compete

so i might as well just build high tbg, let assholes farm it, but whenever i do keep it, i spend it on spy and sentry
and sabbbb :D

hehe=]

HeartBeatRacer
7th December 2006, 09:38 AM
well Asianguard.. you know me enough to know that's what i did lol:raiseroof

but i just don't wanna waste my time anymore.

Pinturicchio
7th December 2006, 09:55 AM
now that's a good question. :o.. why, idk, cant quit it now.. my goal is to be whit it from the start of koc untill the end of koc.. :P..maybe I'll be the only player who played every age when it's the final age of koc.. :P lol.. would be fun.,, still is kinda fun to sab and attack and talk to mates on irc, although I have never been, or will never be a top 50 player.. <-- have neither time or energy and I'm to lazy to have like 50 offies under me whining about shit. :P

Gem-
7th December 2006, 09:58 AM
HeartBeatRacer, I play because I still have some fun with the game and mostly because of the people in our alliance as well as the other friends I've made around KoC. What I find ironic though is that you quit the game and yet you still come here to post on GUA about the game and the players. I think your head has quit KoC but not your heart, otherwise, why would you bother?

Aran
7th December 2006, 04:59 PM
Ive played 5 full ages so far. I been improving every age and thats why I keep playing causse I get the feeling I can do better as I am doing.. when I play and age Im not better then the age before it, that will prolly be my last age.

H2SO4
8th December 2006, 07:45 AM
Why do you still play KOC?

Erm, pass... I don't know why I still play KoC... but addiction to the game is probably the answer. ;)

Doomy
8th December 2006, 08:19 AM
It's funny because I know heartbeatracer's dirty little KoC secret.

The Knight was Dark wasn't it HBR.

(little cryptic clue there)

RoHaLoVeR
8th December 2006, 10:19 AM
The main reason why I play KoC, just like Gem already said, is because of all the different people you meet in it all over the world.

Unfortunately, the reality is people who go to work/school/etc. will not have a chance at the top ranks...we just dont have the time to keep up with this..

Now that's true ;).

I go to school for about 10 hours a day, it are exams now as well, so I don't have much time to play.

I have a top 30 TFF but actually I'm a noob playing a top account :P.

I lose about 300-400 million gold a day because of being farmed while I'm at school or sleeping (if you don't believe me, I'll show you my attack logs :P).

I have a top 40 spy but I can only use it when I have time (today is my day off, I have a whole weekend to study in, so today I decided to chill for the whole day :P.), and it's today where I sabbed all the people who I should have sabbed days ago :P.

THE reason why I keep playing KoC (although it's technically only my second age :P) is because of all the cool people I talk to in KoC and msn and IRC etc. ;)

FOE-L_G
8th December 2006, 09:50 PM
Let's see....

I've played KOC for...............gawd.........since it first began. About the middle of the first Beta when they actually gave cash prizes to the top 10. But why do I still play?

Face it. KOC is like a drug. I'm addicted. I love the alliance, the people, and the clicking. yeah, some of the ages have been hell. But the drug is in my veins and I just cant stop. That's why "I" still play

:magicman: