PDA

View Full Version : IP Question

Canadian_Nose
26th November 2006, 11:52 AM
I play KoC. My brother has seen me play it and wants to start playing it. Now, we have a static IP and he will probably be going as my officer, so what exactly do I need to do to prevent from being banned for "using multis". Ive read that the KoC admins have started to ban accounts using the same IP, and Id prefer not to have my account banned, so are there any steps I need to take to ensure the immunity of the accounts? Email an admin, post in a thread, anything like that?
Thanks for your :help:

Shane-
26th November 2006, 12:18 PM
I play KoC. My brother has seen me play it and wants to start playing it. Now, we have a static IP and he will probably be going as my officer, so what exactly do I need to do to prevent from being banned for "using multis". Ive read that the KoC admins have started to ban accounts using the same IP, and Id prefer not to have my account banned, so are there any steps I need to take to ensure the immunity of the accounts? Email an admin, post in a thread, anything like that?
Thanks for your :help:

Several players have recently expressed concerns about getting suspended or banned because they are sharing computers or IP addresses with family members who also have KoC accounts. Players legitimately sharing computers need not worry. Multiple accounts are throughly investigated and banned only when cheating is taking place.

I'd recoment not banking at the same time, or selling off to each other

Shane

Canadian_Nose
26th November 2006, 01:36 PM
Ok, thanks. :)