PDA

View Full Version : cheating

donkeydawe
21st November 2006, 01:57 PM
for a site that so supposedly hot on cheating, how can they allow users to use clickers to gain extra soldiers? If your trying to play the game in an honest way (by using tactics etc to gain money) it takes the fun away. how are normal honest people supposed to compete with those who already have half a million soldiers?

IF YOUR USING A CLICKER TO GAIN SOLDIERS I WILL STAND AND PERSONALLY CALL YOU A CHEAT.

yeah i may be leaving myself open to attack by the "bigger boys" but hey it will just proove that they know im right! play the game rightly or dont bother thats what i say.

"hate the player not the game"

Lite-Ning
21st November 2006, 02:27 PM
IF YOUR USING A CLICKER TO GAIN SOLDIERS I WILL STAND AND PERSONALLY CALL YOU A CHEAT.

Call us a cheat all you want. It's still not cheating.
You may think it's unfair; well guess what, it's available to everyone. And if anything, clicking is the one thing that can give power to the honest INDIVIDUAL, someone who doesn't have a ton of officers to help build their army.

Quit whining. :nunchucks

^_^

Tycho_Bloodbeard
21st November 2006, 02:54 PM
LOL... you really misunderstand the game...

Do you consider capturing pieces in chess cheating?
Passing the ball in football?
Trading in cards for armies when playing Risk?

I'm not big on clicking, but as I've stated before... If you have lofty aspirations and hate clicking and recruiting - you're playing the wrong game. Maybe find something more suitable to your interests?

Tycho

MrWonderful
21st November 2006, 03:04 PM
If the game did not have some things everyone would be equal and the game would be full of REAL cheaters trying to hack into the game and get an advantage over everyone. Clicking is not cheating it is just a way of gaining power

Sixix
21st November 2006, 03:10 PM
i really :heart: these 1 post wonders,

but in this case im confused because he doesn give a link to other online games :p

The_1337
21st November 2006, 03:24 PM
Can you explain to me the logic behind these statements?

And what exactly are these tactics to gain lots of money? Catching sell-offs?

Ehecacoatl
21st November 2006, 03:41 PM
LOL, I do love this n00bs!

But well, this complain comes every age as far as i remember...

So basically, it ends in "I am too lazy to click" or "I don't have time for clicking" so then, it gives others who do have the time or the will for doing it a unfair advantge over me, and as any unfair advantage is cheat. Q.E.D. that clicking = cheating....

Well, next discussion will be, "You are a veteran since age 2, you had enough time to recruit officers, make alliances build a chain and you have lots of friends, that gives you an unfair advantage over newbies, so it is also cheating..."

Now you see why i am a n00b aprentice, n00bs have loads of wisdom to taught to us all...

donkeydawe
21st November 2006, 05:39 PM
ok so maybe im wrong. so what is this clicking all about? if its not cheating how does it work?

AGA
21st November 2006, 06:01 PM
Donkey may be wrong in putting his point forward being new to the game (it seems) so lets cut him some slack. I was never a fan of clicking myself and if only it is technically possible to eliminate fast recruiters(clickers), I would be in favor of that. But doing so will only favor the the expert cheats for that will mean recruiters will go underground. But he raised a point thats been debated eversince. Yes donkey, you have no chance of catching up with the big armies even at this early stage of the game.
But you will always find players at your level to mess up with.
Somebody pls. teach him the fine art of clicking. I think he's got potential.

Baigo
21st November 2006, 06:40 PM
Go and tell your maid to click for you, thats the only thing you can do if u are to lazy to click.

AGA
21st November 2006, 07:06 PM
this clicking thing you call cheating is legal. Message me here and I will teach you how to cheat, I mean click that is,lol

blackness
21st November 2006, 07:27 PM
Wow okay from KOC:

In Kings of Chaos, you are in command of an army of either humans, elves, dwarves or orcs. The aim of the game is to strengthen your army to attack enemy warlords and take their gold! Players are ranked so you can see how your forces stack up to everyone else.

So I am to strengthen my army is what I get from that. So a few lines down:

In addition to those soldiers generated by unique link clicks, you can choose to conscript soldiers - once a day you will recruit a number of soldiers determined by your current 'unit production' value.

So on top of UP its saying right there to click the unique link. Okay but better yet then some will say "then you should only click yours and maybe your officers". Okay so lets go with that and read a bit more down:

There are a number of ways to build your army and thus generate more gold and become more powerful: you can get people to click on your Unique Link, giving you an additional soldier each time it is clicked. You can also recruit other people as your officers - for every two soldiers your officers gain from their links, you will gain an extra soldier.

Yeap the admins just said right there to get others to click the link and for the final closure one this one is good too:

Recruiter Guidelines

So if they have rules for the recruiters that means as long as the recruiter is legal you can use it.

So not sure how its cheating when all those quotes can be found here:
http://www.kingsofchaos.com/help.php#

Which the admins have given us as guidance on how to play this game.

Schadenfreude
21st November 2006, 07:32 PM
this clicking thing you call cheating is legal. Message me here and I will teach you how to cheat, I mean click that is,lol

So tempted..... sooooo sooooo tempted, but to save an info from Krystin i won`t :P

Just for record, using a recruiter once per 24 hours isn`t cheating, using a proxy or dynamic IP to click repeatedly is (technically) illegal, but a non enforced rule.

"Using any process which enables clicking of a unique link more than once per day by the same person"

Schwarzer_Hund
21st November 2006, 08:22 PM
for a site that so supposedly hot on cheating, how can they allow users to use clickers to gain extra soldiers? If your trying to play the game in an honest way (by using tactics etc to gain money) it takes the fun away. how are normal honest people supposed to compete with those who already have half a million soldiers?

yeah i may be leaving myself open to attack by the "bigger boys" but hey it will just proove that they know im right! play the game rightly or dont bother thats what i say.

"hate the player not the game"

You do have a point here, I had the same thought when I started to play KOC: What the fudge? How am I gonna compete with all those clicker-program users out there? It just aint fair! Its almost an Art to get as many people to click on your link by asking around and finding friends and family to get it clicked, right? Nope...

After trying my first clicker I thought: Wowy, this rocks man! Im getting sooo many soldiers into my camp by clicking all those linkies, hehe! Besides being LEGAL, the clickers bring a little extra into the game. You get rewarded by the number of clicks you do yourself on those recruiters!

If you think still: hey, it aint fair someone else is getting more clicked back than me! What the fudge? There it comes to having a certain number of officers joining you: the more officers you have (clicking), the higher your own growth-rate ;)

If you are still suspicious why someone would have more officers than you?
Thats called diplomacy: go out and try to find KOC-people willing to join you, promise them something that you can deliver....and start clicking all together!

Its perfectly allright to use clickers, you better if you wanna grow big! You prolly still wont grow that big, but ask yourself the following then: Hey man, do I go for number 1 spot or am I just going to try and have fun while doing it? Given the 6 months (=1 age), I believe theres enough ways of satisfying yourself playing this game....go out and have fun man!!!!

KingPhil
21st November 2006, 10:26 PM
While clickers aren't illegal because the koc admins basically led to their existance, in some cases (depending who you are) they suck. But for others who are obsessed with doing well in koc they are great. It basically separates the person doing it as a hobby or something in their free time from the "pure competitor" in the game.

R3VO
25th November 2006, 01:15 AM
LOL, I do love this n00bs!

But well, this complain comes every age as far as i remember...

So basically, it ends in "I am too lazy to click" or "I don't have time for clicking" so then, it gives others who do have the time or the will for doing it a unfair advantge over me, and as any unfair advantage is cheat. Q.E.D. that clicking = cheating....

Well, next discussion will be, "You are a veteran since age 2, you had enough time to recruit officers, make alliances build a chain and you have lots of friends, that gives you an unfair advantage over newbies, so it is also cheating..."

Now you see why i am a n00b aprentice, n00bs have loads of wisdom to taught to us all...

but apparently not loads of grammar lessons.